TJ Maxxvery rude cashier

I went into the Deerfield Beach T.J. maxx to return some items last week for a friend. I was waited on by a man named Marcus. He immediatley began examing my reciept and the tags on the merchandise as if I am some kind of theif. He looked in some book and then scanned the tags through a computer. After this he came back and said "Hunn, these are 20 dollar shoes not 70 dollar Juicy Coture shoes OK, We wont be returning these, and as for your shirts these are not 40 dollar Ed Hardy shirts these are thrift shop shirts so if you think I was born yesterday you were sadly mistaking" Excuse Me! Who does this kid think he is? I told him i was just doing a favor for a friend. He then told me that he knew exactly what was going on here and also said exactly these words, " Hun on your best day you wont be as smart as i am on my worst day. do you understand?!" I cursed at him and demanded to see the manager. I was rudely greeted by the store manager, an equally as rude and ignorant man named M. Richard who also said the these tags were wrong. Together the two continued to belittle me and embarass me infront of everyone. They kept pointing at some typed letter taped at the register. The two even seemed to find how rude they were being funny because they kept laughing at their own comments. Both of them deserve each other and have no buisness working with the public period!!

• Na
    nandanandaboogie Oct 04, 2009

So wrong of them to mistreat you like a customer. You should sue the store for their actions on their service. That's NO way to treat a customer.

• Be
    Beatrice1239 Nov 06, 2009

Honestly, I think you need to ask yourself, "is my friend who asked me to return these items actually my friend?" All stores have ways of knowing if tickets have been changed and it sounds like your friend was trying to pull the big switch-a-roo to get some extra cash. The boy nor the manager were polite to you and should have been more discrete. However, they were just following company policy and procedure, by not returning the merchandise. Your friend, however, was clearly doing something fraudulent and didn't care if you took the heat for it, if the cashier did not accept the merchandise back for the price marked.

• D2
    d24 Nov 14, 2009

I think you were not treated wrong in any way. YOU THE CUSTOMER NEED AN ATTIDUTE ADJUSTMENT. They were only doing there job. A person like you shouldn't be allowed in public!

• Ke
    Kennedy3601 Jan 19, 2010

No one said you were a theif...uhh duh of course he's supposed to check the receipts and tickets? What the hell else are they for?

• Tj
    TJ Maxim Feb 18, 2010

I hate you ticket switchers that start cursing, yelling, denying everything... It's not my policy it's the store's . If I take your crap back then I get reprimanded for it. I don't start off hating you... but you make me. There are some pleasant crooks that just comeback a different day or to a different store... You need to fight like somebeast. You know you did something wrong that's why you get emotional about it. I call as many of you in to security as I can so they have a clear picture of you. Or toss your forgotten keys/ids in the trash...

• Il
    ILoveCats Mar 03, 2011

What was the point of bringing the race of these two clerks into this?

• Il
    ILoveCats Mar 03, 2011

Sorry, my comment above was meant for another post.