T J Maxxrudeness of personnel and price question not satisfactorily answered

WHILE IN TJ MAXX TODAY, I SAW A PURSE ON THE CLEARANCE SECTION. PRICE WAS NOT CLEARLY IDENTIFIED. WAS ON AN OLD TAG AS IF THE PURSE HAD BEEN RETURNED. I TRIED TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT PRICE OF THE PURSE THROUGH THE CASHIER AND THE MANAGER. THEY BOTH STATED THAT THE PRICE ON THE TAG WAS CORRECT. I DO NOT BELIEVE THE CORRECT PRICE WAS SHOWN FOR EITHER A DISCOUNTED ITEM OR A RETURNED ITEM. THE MANAGER WAS VERY UNCOOPERATIVE AND VERGED ON BEING RUDE. MY QUESTION WAS LEGITIMATE AND I WOULD HAVE PURCHASED THE PURSE HAD I BEEN ABLE TO ASCERTAIN THE CORRECT PRICE. I LEFT FEELING VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THE TREATMENT I RECEIVED. I WOULD THINK IN TODAY'S CLIMATE, THE CUSTOMER WOULD RECEIVE COURTEOUS AND HELPFUL TREATMENT AND THAT ALL SALES WOULD BE SOUGHT BY THOSE IN CHARGE.

• Pa
    Patricia Ann Barton Nov 12, 2018

Purchased dog leash about 1 week ago. It is a bungee sports leash. I wanted to return it because using it once with my small dog it started unravelling. The manager said that it could not be sent back. The salesgirl said to contact the company. I just used it once. Won't buy anything there again. Another friend of mine had a similar problem.

• Tj
    TJ Maxim Feb 18, 2010

I would have scanned it for you, but left the machine in the wrong menu, the red light would blink... Then I would say "Sorry Maam, it's not marked down" You would be satisfied and I would be satisfied.

• St
    stretchydude Jun 09, 2009

So, you wanted it cheaper than what was listed on the price tag. You tried to come up with some excuse about the price tag having multiple prices on it, yada yada, yada.
    Then you complain because they would not give it to you cheaper than the listed price.
    That is why you shop at TJ Maxx.

• Am
    amazome Jun 07, 2009

THEY SHOULD HAVE RUN A MARKDOWN LOOKUP USING THE SOFTWARE ON A MARKDOWN MACHINE. IF THERE IS NO MARKDOWN ON THE ITEM, THE MACHINE WILL NOT PRINT A NEW PRICE STICKER. THIS ONLY TAKES A FEW SECONDS TO DO, AND SAVES THE TROUBLE OF ARGUING WITH CUSTOMERS ABOUT THE PRICE. EVEN IF THEY WERE SURE ABOUT THE PRICE, IT WOULD HAVE SAVED TROUBLE TO JUST PUT IT INTO THE MACHINE TO PROVE TO THE CUSTOMER THERE ARE NO MARKDOWNS ON THE ITEM.