The Brick/ge Fridgewarranty

I purchased a GE fridge 4 years ago from the Brick. The sealed system failed 3 months ago and I cannot get my manufacturers warranty honoured. The Brick has offered me a fraction of the cost of the fridge as a credit at there store. I talked to GE directly and they have no record of issuing any credit or even a request from the Brick for replacement.

I have issued a complaint with the BBB and am trying to get my warranty honoured, however it is fairly obvious that the Brick just wants to give me a fraction of salespersons commision and have me buy a new fridge at my expense in stead of helping me get my warranty honoured.

I would advise caution in buying anything from them and will not be shopping there ever again myself.

• Bu
    Busy Jenny Oct 15, 2009

The manufacturers warranty on a sealed system for this fridge has expired as they only offer limited terms. On any fridge the sealed system is only warranted for two years max. This would be one of the reasons The Brick Salespeople offer you an extended warranty. There is a reason manufacturers only offer you a one year warranty. The Brick is trying to be helpful by offering you a credit and its definately not part of the salespersons commission as there is very little mark up on appliances and electronics. The reason GE has no record of it is because they would never validate such a claim. Maybe next time, truly listen to your salesperson when they try to explain the extended warranty to you. It is not a scam as most people think! Especially now that they offer the Full Circle Value Back. Check it out it may be worth your while next time!