Menu
reviews & complaints
The Brick company logo

The Brick

8701 Bd de l'Acadie, Montreal, QC, H4N 3K1, CA
Learn how the rating is calculated
3 complaints
File a complaint Write a review
Phone number
C
3:56 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The Brick has left an official reply on this complaint.

The Brick - LG fridge repair,

Five years ago, I bought an LG refrigerator from BRICK and purchased a 4-year extended warranty. When I bought the extended insurance, they told me that if the refrigerator couldn't be repaired, they would replace it for free. Now, the insurance is about to expire in three months. Last month, the refrigerator broke down, and the repair technician said that the compressor was down and needed to be replaced with a new one, which would take a few weeks. However, a few days later, I received a call from the warranty company KING&STATE, saying that the refrigerator couldn't be repaired and they offered me $600 credit to buy a new one. I didn't accept their offer at that time, but they still sent the credit to BRICK, informing me that I only had 30 days to purchase a new refrigerator. I called KING&STATE at least four times, but it was no use. They kick me back to BRICK, who then told me they couldn't resolve the issue and kick me back to KING&STATE. Am I just a football to them? Nobody is solving the problem, and they are forcing me to accept the $600 credit to buy a new refrigerator. I consulted the online customer service of BRICK and asked if I purchased the extended warranty and the appliance couldn't be repaired, would it be replaced for free? BRICK's customer service said yes, I could get a new appliance, and it would be free. I took a screenshot and showed it to the staff at BRICK, but they actually told me it was incorrect. It's unbelievable! They are treating the customers like fools. They say one thing when selling the product and another thing when it comes to repairs, while the customers need fair and just treatment.

Desired outcome: Fulfilling their commitments replace a new one for free or fair enough credit

Read full review of The Brick
View 0 more photos

This complaint has been resolved automatically due to user's inactivity.

H
10:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Brick - Purchased finn adjustable bar stool - beige, received light grey

Purchased four Finn Adjustable Bar Stool - Beige stools. The color Beige was written on the web site and on the order. When picking up boxes with stools on April 18, 2023 I noticed that on the boxes the color is written Light Grey. I point it to the person who works at The Brick pick up, he suggested to open one box to verify the color of the stool. The color was light grey, not beige. I took the stools home anyway hoping that they will be still ok with my other furniture which is in beige color. But they did match at all. I didn't assemble the stool from one open box and didn't open 3 other boxes. I returned to The Brick at the same day and asked to return the stools. After long discusion they accepted return of 3 stools in unopened boxes but refused to accept the return of 4-th stool since the box was opened

Desired outcome: Please accept return of 4-th stool

Read full review of The Brick
View 0 more photos

I contacted customer support through The Brick web site, and got the response from support@thebrickcustomerexperience.zendesk.com that I will be contacted by phone, on the next day I got the phone call, the agent said that the return of the 4-th stool will be accepted now. I returned the stool and got the reimbursement on my credit card

M
1:37 pm EDT

The Brick - delivery service and quality control

I purchased a $4000++ kid bedroom set. It was delivered without the bottom floor of the drawer (the drawer under the bed)AND they delivered the wrong mirror. FINE..I call, complain...ok, they will deliver the correct mirror, but I must pick up the drawer's base at the store. GREAT. They tell me they will come from 10 to 1 pm on Friday...we waited until 7:20 pm...no delivery. ..no phone call, no explanation...and sometimes, no phone answer. We called numerous times...at 3 pm, they said...it will be there in 2 hours...ha! The next day I call to reschedule...delivery time is from 2:30 til 10 pm on Saturday...no delivery, no call back, no one answers the phone, when they do, they hang up...wonderful delivery service! Then they reschedule for Wednesday...with a note that they must call one hour prior to coming...they show up without calling...good thing I was home...the mirror gets installed AGAIN and I realize that the mirror has an internal black spot right in the middle...WONDERFUL...again, I call, complain, and when the drawer bottom arrives for my pick up, I will go out of my way to return the mirror and get the new mirror as well...only because I refuse to wait a 5th time for a delivery and waste all my time and get frustrated for their poor service and quality control. I doubt I will ever purchase again from them until there is some type of proof that their delivery program has drastically improved!

Read full review of The Brick and 1 comment

1 comment
F
F
Fred Fz
Toronto, CA
Apr 08, 2014 9:28 pm EDT

I have the same story about "The Brick" delivery. They keep rescheduling from Wednesday to Saturday and again from Saturday to next Wednesday.
The truck driver never showed up and when I asked why, they say nobody answered!
On the next delivery schedule between 9:00-12:00, the truck driver called me at 2:45!. He was so aggressive and rude, when I was trying to explain about which gate he can enter he hung up on me and never showed up! This time they mentioned the elevator was not on service!
I was so disappointed and called the customer service about this guy, they said we can not hold on the guy as he won't answer his phone.
So, obviously this truck driver can decide when and where to deliver the items. it's almost 3weeks and our item is on the truck. Hopefully the truck driver (I call him The Brick vice president) decide to bring our item.
Let's pray.