Thd / Cbnaincorrect reporting to credit bureaus

S Review updated:

I had a home depot credit card issued by citi (Thd / cbna) . Due to a loss of our business in 2007, the account was charged of in 2008, 5 years ago. Citi is still reporting the account to all credit bureaus showing a balance and a past due amount. The have no public telephone number to discuss the error with a dispute department. They can only be reached by fax and they mostly do not respond. My husband is now deceased and i am caring for our family (Including a special needs child) on my own. I have been trying to get this corrected since may 2011, and again this month, february, on the 13th and 20th by fax. I asked that the dispute dept. Fax a letter to my mortgage broker because the error in reporting impacts my credit score by - 40 pts. I will lose the house i need for my family because of this and i cannot talk to anyone there!! I am at the mercy of a department that i can't even contact, who has been reporting incorrect information for 5 years!!

• Ki
    Kissrawr Apr 23, 2012

If you dispute it online through the reporting agency then you should be able to get it removed. Legally I believe they have 30 days to respond and if they don't the reporting agency will remove it. I have had a few things taken of because hey were old and the reporting agency didn't respond or provide the information. To prove that it should still be on there. Good luck with everything.

• Jb
    J Bricker Mar 04, 2013

There is a $12.00 charge on my credit report saying I am 60 days past due. I have not idea who this could be. They show an account number I do not recdognize. Can you help me to find out who or what this may [email protected]

• Nc
    NCLady Jun 17, 2013

THD/CBNA is bad. I strongly advise not to apply this credit card. It made my life very tough.

Samuel J Truax Oct 25, 2015

I have received a warning that Somebody was checking my credit. I want this taken off my credit report. I have not applied for any credit.
    The inquire address is: PO box 6497, Sioux Falls, ND 57117-6497.
    Please take this inquire off my credit Report.

Samuel J Truax

• Ka
    Kathy Wittke Apr 19, 2016

you are on my credit report, saying I owe 1500 dollars. You need to let me know who you are. No I don't owe it, but if you think I do then prove it or take it off my report.

Jacob Kline Mar 27, 2020

@Kathy Wittke Kathy, that's not how it works. Typing this here will not help you. THD/CBNA stands for "The Home Depot / Citi Bank North America", and if you never charged that amount to a Home Depot card, you need to contact them to have this conversation.

James E Miller Apr 17, 2017

I have a late payment on my credit report with them. I called and we determined that the bill had been returned in the mail. They are going to dispute the report for me. Very helpful and it only took 5 min.

Mariablanca Jun 29, 2018

@James E Miller How can I get that help I have a thp/ cbona on my report that drop my credit score 66 points down don’t know why 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t owe anyone anything specially city bank I need help

• Ri
    RICHARD KITCHENS May 21, 2017

Sears CBNA destroyed our credit reports after paying them off with a balance transfer. They will not talk to me or my wife and charged that off..now Equifax believed them even after proving I paid it!! Time for round 2 with Equifax..ughhh...

• Do
    Donna Parsons Dec 24, 2019

I've got 2 showing up on my credit report

• Do
    Donna Parsons Dec 24, 2019

the number on my credit report is 1-800-950-5114

Maannyy May 20, 2020

This is a fraud company!!! They lied to me saying my Verizon account is getting hacked.. having phones shipped outta state then they hung up an i got this credit report !!