Citicardcredit protector

D Review updated:

This complaint is regarding CitiCard's Credit Protector Processing Ctr., P.O. Box 901016, Fort Worth, Tx. [protected].

I was terminated from my position at work due to a disability. Because I was terminated I fought and received unemployment benefits. I was terminated on June 6, 2005. My unemployment benefits ran out the first week of Dec. 2005. I then went on Social Security Disability. I notified Credit Protector in a letter. I included a statement from Social Security telling them the amount of my monthly benefit and a letter from my physician. They sent me a form to change my status from Job Loss to a Disability Claim. My doctor and I filled it out; it is dated Jan. 11, 2006. On the form one of the questions was if my disability was permanent, which my physician responded it was a permanent disability and I would not be returning to work. They asked for diagnosis codes which my physician provided 3 of them. Credit Protector claimed they never received this disability claim. I received a letter to fill out another claim form. The only claim form I had was a Job Loss form which asks the same questions. I sent that to them with another letter from my physician. They denied my claim and closed my case. They told me I did not send them the disability claim within the 30 time limit. They claim they never received the disability claim form of Jan. 11, 2006. I wrote a letter to credit protector with a copy of the form that came out of my medical chart. I attached copies of 3 letters my physician wrote. One of them was a treatment summary. This was on June 6, 2006. Meanwhile CitiCard is not getting paid. I am 5 months behind in payments. My interest rate shot up to 30%. I receive calls from them on a daily basis. The last call was yesterday, June 27, 2006. I then called Credit Protector to find out the status of my appeal. The representative informed me the appeal was denied on June 22, 2006. They never bothered to send me a denial letter. The representative I spoke to, Amy, said she would send out the denial letter. She told me they never received a claim for disability in January 2006. The only claim they have is the copy I sent them on June 6, 2006. This company is scamming people out of their money, promise to make payments if you lose your job or become ill. I have paid my monthly dues to them but they are not holding up their end of the deal.

• Alessandro Machi Nov 13, 2007

Hello, I have a website that I started and one of the two test cases I am chronicling is Credit Protector. I'm sorry to hear that you paid into a system that signed you up so easily but then makes you jump through hoops to collect.

• Mi
    Miffed_in_TEXAS_68 Mar 01, 2010

I am currently battling on behalf of my deceased father. He paid faithfully on the Credit Protect for YEARS and now we're being told it is only for "accidental death". NOTHING online or in his paperwork states this...we have documentation showing long-term diability, death...

Have retained an attorney to help us fight this battle. Eery other agency with whom he has any credit life protection honored their end of the deal...NOT CitiCard. Sad.

• Ro
    Ron Zilla Oct 21, 2018

In attachments enclosed. See below

• Li
    Lisa Preijers Oct 21, 2018

Costco needs to dump the Citi Bank card. In the last month my card has been hacked twice. The first time this occurred, it took Citi Bank 5 days to notify me. I am not sure how I can be in Michigan and California making purchases at the same time. Bring back American Express!!!

• El
    ElinaQ Oct 31, 2018

I opened an account with citi bank couple months ago. The closed my account without any explanation. Recently they even closed my credit card account which I have opened couple years ago without any reason. I keep asking myself what I am doing wrong. I called customer service, no one can explain to me. The only thing they said is "bank decision".

• Cl
    CL64 Oct 31, 2018

I am fed up with so many fraudulent charges to a extent that I only use this Costco CitiAnywhere card at Costco. Funny, CitiAnywhere card, for me, can only been used at Costco.
    In the past so many years, my Costco American express card hardly have any fraudulent charges.
    I guess I will only use this card at Costco then.

• Va
    Valerie Mcindoe Feb 12, 2019

To nyb citibank jan 31-2019
    from valerie b mcindoe
    re my accounts
    i have received notice that my account info was going to a washington dc address
    445 12th st. Sw
    107 shepherds way nc 27950
    252-429-3443

• Um
    Umair bin Nisar Oct 01, 2019

As i am at back home and making the transactions into instalment through online banking but it says
    The application is currently unavailable on my
    I made a transactuon if 2500 and later on trying to convert into instalment but could not getting through
    credit card plz assist
    Passport # AW9626203
    I am available at 00923322339727

Josh Malfer Oct 09, 2019

I do not have a THD/CBNA account. There is one showing $1800 on my credit karma.

• Sk
    skirmantas slavinskas Nov 03, 2019

Mobile app not working, wanna make transfers, but there is no options for doing that, trying to log with token, its not working at all. Customer service hanging up the phone.

• Va
    Valarie Beach Nov 18, 2019

A credit inquiry has shown up on my Credit Karma report via Equifax on November 8, 2019 and needs to be removed. I do not have anything from Home Depot/Citicard and have not requested any line of credit with these companies. If there has been a request on my behalf, I need to see where it originated from because it will be a fradulant inquiry.

• Bo
    Boompa Dec 28, 2019

we pay citi bank in full each time why is our credit being decreased???

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices