Target Mobile Complaintbad service / verizon

S Review updated:

On dec 30th I ordered a Motorola droid razr, for $149.00 and two year contract. I received the phone on jan 3rd, and could not port my number over cause the sim card that was activated and sent to me was defective, so Verizon asked if I could go to a local store and get a new one, the next day (jan 11th) I went to a local verizon store and the rep manning the desk stated to me that they would have to charge me $10 for a new sim card because I bought the phone else where. So now jan12th I called target mobile and complained about the issues I was having and I decided to return the phone within the 14 day grace period and not deal with the hassle anymore. I asked the rep to notify Verizon that I am returning the phone that was never active. He stated to me that they will as soon as they get the phone back. I call Verizon after I hung up with target mobile and Verizon stated to me that they can end anything until they hear from target mobile, I hung up with Verizon and call target mobile and they assured me that they will return any charges to me once they receive the phone back. Jan20th I received a email from target mobile stating that the full amount was returned to my credit card and have a nice life. Not so fast not I need to deal with Verizon because I just got a bill for $205.97 in the mail, Verizon said to me that the phone number that not mine is your responsibility and I explained the situation and they told me that target did contact them and they terminated the contract, so I owe Verizon $350 for ending the contract early and $205.97 = $555.97 Verizon rep ask how would you like to pay?, I escalated to a supervisor and they did agree to waive the $350 and a portion of the Verizon bill to owing only $102.99... So in summary I received a phone that was active on 30th of dec, the phone arrived to my home jan3rd I could not activate the phone due to a bad sim card, returned the phone and I still owe for a bill from Verizon that I never used. This bill should be target bill not mine, I never got the chance to port my number over. This is not right that Verizon got free money from me. Please look elsewhere for a phone it's not worth the headache and the loss of money.

• A
      Jul 06, 2012

Terrible service . Ordered a phone and three times they failed to ship Went to ON HOLD HELL when calling their customer service. They outright lied to me and said it was being shipped and then never sent it. Horrible customer service no help at all and rude. Kept apologizing as if this would make any difference.

• E
      Nov 28, 2012

'Hold hell' is an understatement!!! HORRIBLE customer service and very rude! I still have not received my phones.. hoping for the best.. but will never ever purchase from them again and will advise others to look elsewhere as it has been a nightmare dealing with them! Please save yourself the headache, its not worth the money u save.. trust me!!!

• T
      Jan 30, 2013

I purchased a phone through Target and received it in a timey manner etc. The problem was they signed name up for unlimited testing which was not specified anywhere on the paperwork I signed. I contacted Target and finally spoke with Paula Claros a manager who said that the unlimited texting plan was part of the agreement with this phone despite it not being in writing. They were not willing to change the plan. She had no interest in resolving the problem and insisted Target was doing nothing wrong.
    It was only with Verizon's help that they (Verizon) re-issued me a new phone at no charge and I returned the phones (I bought 3) to Target.
    Never buy a phone form Target as they are out to screw you over.

If you need to give a manager a piece of your mind call Paula Claros @ [protected] ext: 4324

Target Sucks!