Having problems with Target?

+1 800 591 3869 (Online Experience)
+1 800 440 0680 (Guest Relations)
+1 800 888 9333 (Gift Registry & Target Lists)
+1 877 798 2743 (Pharmacy & Clinic)
+1 800 544 2943 (Target Gift Cards)
+1 800 544 3875 (Target Gift Card Business Orders)
+1 800 424 6888 (Redcard Guest Services)
+1 612 815 9922 (Target Mastercard - Outside the USA)
+1 888 729 7331 (Target Debit Card)
PO Box 9350
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55440-9350

Complaints & Reviews

non-hireable

I worked at Target for four years. Starting out as a cart-attendant, self-training as a cashier and guest services to help out fellow employees during rush hours, moving to the sales floor, then back to logistics and finally proudly becoming part of the security team. It was at this last position where I encountered some difficulties.
One day me and the other AP agent (the ones in the fancy suites that greet you) where left alone as the undercover agent had to get some lunch. We were told just to stand at the front as usual but my fellow employee decided to hide in the office and watch the cameras. Being still in training and her being my "superior" (she had the position a total of 4months more than me) I followed. Whilst viewing the cameras we came across two young girls shoplifting in the jewelry dept. Nothing big: sunglasses, a scarf and that cheap ugly jewelry that Target doesn't bother to lock up.
Now instead of staying put and getting some good video evidence she decides to stroll out there and stop it. The policy on minors is that you don't do anything to them with no parents around. And the rule on shoplifters is that you can't do anything unless they LEAVE THE STORE. Both these rules meant squat apparently to her. She strolled up, me in tow, and accused them of stealing. I was shocked. I thought that she would stroll around and let them see us, they get scared, dump the goods and leave. Nope. Wait it gets worse! She then demands that they dump their purses into an empty cart (4th amendment anyone?). Next, and here's the part that BLEW me away, she instructs them to dial their parents and tells the parents that their kids have been caught stealing. JESUS CHRIST did she even read the training material?!
After all this I inform the under-cover guy of what happened and the next day inform our supervisor. This is all very serious since it's harassment of minors and is a fire-able offense. Imagine my surprise when...NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS. They basically don't give a damn about rules and ### apparently. Meanwhile I get chewed out for 15 minutes by the manager for not giving a timely report on graffiti ( I cleaned it). So obviously I decide that I'm being harassed (God forbid a security guy trying to uphold rules) and I ask for a transfer the new store after my training. Her answer (yes the AP manager and the AP agent were both women, solidarity sister) was a resounding no, as I was unfit to transfer (remember the graffiti?).
So what do I do? The next day I quit.
Dumbest thing ever, as it made me un-hireable again at any target apparently. I still haven't got a job and that was 2 years ago. So remember kids: don't let little things like morals and rules get in your way as a security at target. And if anybody wants to hire a hard-working go-getter with good morals email me:
jusajus at gmail.com

• Don'tBeAMoron Sep 08, 2010

Bottom line is, you quit. You did it to yourself. I wouldn't hire a quitter. If you had a problem, take it higher up the chain of command.

harrasment charges

I was hired at Target in Mn in April 2008, I was hired on the flow team and worked for them for over a year and decide to move down south with my boyfriend. I had the store put in a transfer to the closest store which was Slidell. The store I wanted to relocate to was in D'Iberville, Ms which is only 10 miles from where I live in Gulfport.
This is a new store which is not open yet.

When I started this store everyone, I thought was so friendly and nice at first and then after 6 weeks everything changed. The TL, Eric was fired because he was to easy going on the Flow team and was not getting his crew out on time. They are more concerned about the EST time to get the department time done and not on the accuracy of the department. The ETL, Brent who is over the Softline Department is more concerned how fast you can get repacks and pallets done. He barks orders and yells at everyone over the loud speaker and directly at them when they are not working fast enough.He treats the associates like a dog. This job is suppose to be a Fun, Fast and Friendly place to work but the only thing is that Fast yes, but Fun and Friendly, I don't think so. He has people in tears and on the defensive all the time. There is no one you can go to and talk to about your concerns because the all stick together and back stab you. When I asked to be transferred to the store closest to me, I was turned down for God knows what reason. I was driving 49 miles one way because I thought I was going to be able to work closer to home. When I was working in MN, that store never treated me disrespectfully. I could at least go to them and talk my concerns. I am a hard worker and always on time. I give them over 100% of what they want. But this place as lost all my respect and trust. I feel like I was screwed over and I am not going to stand for it. I will bring Target down for what they have done to me. There are other woman who have come to me with concerns on how they are being treated. I have also contacted the Employees hot line and complained but I am not sure how the out come is going to happen. I have walked off the job because it doesn't pay for me to travel that far.

• Fa
    factual Jan 26, 2010

may i recommend going back to school so you dont have to deal irate over privileged supervisors...and triple your income in 2 years

customer service sucks!!

Lousy customer service throughout entire store. Everyone wants a paycheck but noone wants to assist the people they are gettting paidther is by. I approached 5 yes, 5 target employees seeking assistance to buy my son a pirate of the caribbean online game card (9.95). They are usually by the checkout counters. I was directed everywhere in the store to no avail. I am shocked that these people are useless. They are getting paid to stand around and chit chat! I am a customer service manager and I go out of my way to help people! Without our customers—eventually-no store!! I would terminate all those people and start looking for young adults (Not joe blow who wants to talk with his buddies) who care about people and their needs! I have spent soo much money here but I can honestly attest—i will never set foot in another one of theses stores. Target does not deserve that much of my time to be wasted!!Who the hell is hiring these ###s!! If these were my kids, i'd slap everyone of them for not only being lazy, but for the lack of caring altogether. What comes around goes around and I hope one day—they all get it in return. I am sure if they were the ones looking for something to purchase, they would not appreciate the run around, which is what I got!! Shame on all of the employess, including the management, who obviously (As he was useless as well) have taught the employess—screw the customer—i wish I could get paid to do nothing but push buttons and stand around! My question is, why the hell could not one of those people actually move their ### and take me to the item!! If they didn;t know, find someone who does!! You are a horrible company!!I hope we see target go under soon!!None of their employess deserve a paycheck—a paycheck is something you work for.. You are all a bunch of idiots!!

• Pa
    Pankajkumar Aug 12, 2009

My Name is Pankajkumar and I am from Glasgow some money have been deducted from my account throw officeagendacom and I want that money back please suggest me how to its possible

• Pa
    Pankajkumar Aug 12, 2009

I want my money back please suggest me

• Im
    ImRightYouKnow Sep 26, 2009

Judging by your poor attitude when voicing your complaint, I am pretty sure that you have a poor attitude in general. Why would anyone want to help someone like you? Your maturity level is clearly around a second graders, and your grand generalization of all Target employees being useless makes me think that you are an all around jerk.Target is here to stay, like it or not. Take your business elsewhere, trust me, Target will survive.

is ripping me off!

I accepted a payment plan with Target National Bank in April 2009. I was to pay them $47.00/month to pay my balance down to zero. Well, it is the end of the three months, I logged on to make sure everything was good and the account was closed, but to my surprise, my balance was $171.75!!! I called to see what was going on, they told me, "well of course you were accruing late charges each month"!!! I was so mad, I said what is the point of offering a payment plan to settle an account if you charge late fees too! They said I should have made extra payments on top of my agreement! They were not helpful at all. I have 39.00 dollar a month late fees and now owe them almost 400.00 dollars instead of the original 190. I have filed a complaint with Better Business and hope they dont scam anyone else!

costomer service

There is this employee at Target in San Dimas CA who is such a jerk to me everytime I come in, not to mention...

buyer protection plan

we bought a dual dvd player for our kids so that they could watch dvds in the car when we take long trips in the car. we bought the buyer protection plan from the target store so that if anything would go wrong with the item we could get it fixed or replaced. well ... something did go wrong with the item of course after the 90 days that we had to return it to the store so we contacted the buyer protection service and was told that they would send out some labels so that we could ship the item out to be fixed and if it could not be fixed they would send us a gift card to get a replacement dvd player. well that was a month ago. i called them to see where the labels were and first i was told, that oops there was a glitch in the system and they never sent them, and then another person i spoke with said that they sent them i just never got them. some one is lying!!! i contacted target at the customer service 800 number and got the runaround there as well. i was t
old that i would have to wait for the labels to be sent again and wait to see if the item could be repaired or not. i was willing to do this a month ago! now they are telling me i have to wait again???? this is not reasonable as we bought the dvd players for long trips that we take in the summer when school is out and by they time they get around to fixing the item or not summer will be over and i would not have been able to use the product which i purchased. i paid for a service and expect my concern to have been handled in a reasonable amount of time. which it has not been. i asked what can be done about this and was told nothing. i said that there was always something they could do. i asked if they would contact the mananger at the store i purchased the item at and advise him to return the item for a new one and that the store just return the item as broken and get a credit for it. i was told they could not do this. i know they can since 7 years ago i worked for
this company and it was done all the time!!! why could they not make an acception? the customer service that i recived in the last couple of days trying to get this resloved has been appalling. i have written a letter that i will send "snail" mail to the president of the company. i do not know how much good that will do, but i know that i will never buy another thing from target and i will be telling lots of people i know about this...

• Wh
    WhoCaresAboutYou? Jul 14, 2010

Gregg "If you squint I look like Alec Baldwin" Steinhafel
    612-696-6234
    fax: 612-696-6325

Assistant:
    Denise May
    612-696-6243

Phone numbers for his direct reports, inside...

Bart Butzer, VP Stores: (612)-696-4968
    Stacia Andersen, President TSS: (612)-696-2856
    Tim Baer, EVP General Counsel: (612)-696-6648
    Tory Risch, EVP Stores: (612)-696-2476

interest rate increase

Target Visa sent a letter saying the interest on their credit card was rising to 23% because there had been...

refund policy

Target has a good system working with respect to denying refunds. To begin with, I've noticed their receipts fade very soon after the purchase to the point they are unreadable. Twice, I've taken my valid receipts with unopened merchandise (one a high-dollar item), and have been denied a refund because of one or two unreadable numbers on the bottom of the receipt. This happens despite the fact my receipt clearly has a date printed on it that is within the refund guidelines and the item I'm returning is listed on it as well. Yet the faded receipt, only a couple of weeks old, has a bar card that won't scan and the numbers have faded so that some cannot be read easily enough to just key in.

I am shocked that this retailer can stand there and tell me, "Sorry, we can't give you a refund (only a gift card)" even though my receipt is valid and the item is on it! This last incident had me call for a supervisor and point out to him that nowhere on the return policy does it state that an item could not be eligible for cash refund if your valid receipt has numbers that don't scan or that are too faded to read. It's a scam! I made the customer service rep enter every number option for the two missing numbers on the receipt. And, surprise--the correct receipt number came up on their register. They were hoping I'd let it go and just bite the big one on my purchase. No way, Jose.

• He
    Heather from Smyrna Sep 28, 2009

It's the biggest SCAM ever. The same happened to me. I had a receipt that clearly showed the date, the items, the totals and even the store address. But their magically fading ink made it impossible for them to scan the receipt, so no refund for the item I paid cash for. After 30 minutes of saying there was NOTHING they could do and speaking to about 4 different people on the phone, they finally gave me a store credit. If you could give me a store credit, why not offer that up front instead of saying there is NOTHING they can do? That is the LAST penny I'll spend at their store. I'd rather pay more for better customer service and receipts that don't fade less than 3 weeks after they are given. Target should be ashamed.

falsely accused

I was falsely accused of shoplifting at TARGET store located at 2700 W 120th street HAWTHORNE, CA 90250 on Friday June 26th, 2009 at about 10:15AM. I was stopped by security on my way out of the store and accused of (SHOPLIFTING) having something in my waste band, and asked to basically frisk myself right by the front door. We then went to the bathroom where I showed security that I didn't have anything and I didn't!

A retail store makes a choice when it decides to detain, apprehend and/or arrest those who attempt to steal their merchandise. Making that choice creates a legal responsibility of doing it correctly. This involves the proper hiring, training, and supervising those who make shoplifter apprehensions and arrests. In the retail loss prevention profession, the possibility of falsely accusing and detaining a customer for theft is a business reality that must be addressed.

In the United States, citizens value their civil liberties and constitutional rights and don't appreciate submitting to unlawful seizure and search.

• Br
    bradhanson Jul 07, 2009

I've worked in retail for over 14 years and i know for a fact that it's not considered a theft until a person leaves the building without paying for it...they have to be out of the building before being aprehended.

• Ga
    Gamerdude Aug 27, 2009

I would call a lawyer.

• Li
    Little Miss Sunshine Mar 15, 2010

I agree with the two people above.

misleading promo ad

Target ad states...

15% off any purchase of furniture over $125.00

Plus

Free shipping when purchase is over $50.00

I had gone online to shop this "great deal" and my subtotal came to about $239.00 - 15% = $199.00 and I had a $5.00 target coupon, so total should be $194.00 plus tax

I went to check out and my grand total was over $379.00

When I called they stated that the items I picked out (5 items total) were getting the 15% off, but the 2 desks did not qualify for the "free shipping"

False advertising!!!

To see the ad, go the home page of target.com

I spent over 2 hours on the phone with customer service that just gave me the run around and excuses!

Boycott target!

misleading promo ad

• binder Jun 29, 2009

Please, let us know what the fine print said.

• Am
    amanda bru Jun 30, 2009

It's on select merchandise. The items that are included in this offer have that stated in their product info. If it doesn't have it, it's not included.

It's not false advertising- that's you not reading carefully.

• Ga
    Gamerdude Aug 27, 2009

You can type, maybe it's time to learn how to read.

apr

With these recent economic times I called Target to see about lowering my APR. I have been a good customer with Target and paid my bill on time. Upon contacting Target I was told that Target's policy was not to review anyones APR and that they would not readjust as per their policy. Upon speaking to a supervisor Sam I was told the same thing, no APR adjustment and he was the only supervisor there.When asked about speaking to someone in charge of him he told me there was no name or phone number for anyone just a P.O. Box for my letter to go into the complaint abyss. In these tough times we need companies that work with us not against us. This I feel is extemely poor business practice as well as dishonest. Save your money people...DO NOT OPEN A CREDIT LINE WITH TARGET.

lowering credit limits, raising rates

Target National Bank is the worst. Month after month they reduce my credit limit. Pay off a thousand they...

scam

I bought the 'Revlon Expert Effect Nail Clip' at Target. They're touted as having an easy grip that won't slip. That part is fine - but unfortunately, they won't cut either! They just tear at the nail. My husband honed them with some specialized honing tools he has and they performed somewhat better - but still not as good as the cheapest available. It's only a matter of $2.99 - but such a dismal product shouldn't be sold.

abuse/overkill

In March 2009, I moved from Arizona to Florida. Somewhere in the chaos of packing/moving, the March statement for my Target Visa got misplaced. I was unaware of any problem with the account until I tried to use the card to pay a motel bill. The card was rejected. Upon my arrival at my destination, I went online to check into the problem. I had missed the March payment and was duly charged the $39 late fee. I have no problem with the fee.

This account has been open and active since March 1995 (13 years), with a $7, 000 credit limit. According to my three recent credit reports, there has never been a late payment on this account. For the past two (2) years, this account has been paid via electronic funds transfer (“EFT”) through my credit union. Once I was aware of the missed payment, I immediately made a substantial ($400) payment, again through EFT. Soon after this payment, I tried to use the card. It was rejected -- again. I called customer service (I use the term loosely) to find out what the problem was. It seems that a fourteen (14) day hold on my EFT payment (with funds in their possession) was deemed appropriate by management. According to customer service, they had to protect themselves!!! Target’s actions demonstrate the total callous disregard with which they operate and their abuse of responsible, long term, “valued” cardholders -- a $39 late fee, a fourteen day hold on my EFT payment and my credit limit was dropped from $7, 000 to $700 – this demonstrates to me just how valuable my account/business has been to them for the past thirteen years. TOTAL OVERKILL!!!

Obviously, these credit card companies have become so large that their everyday, responsible, bill-paying cardholders don’t matter to them – all management sees are more and higher fees and less time in which to pay!!! Too bad every single Target Visa (Red Card) account couldn’t be closed at the same time, immediately – where would they be then???? Target needs to remember: “what goes around, comes around.” Your “bite in the ###” will come -- as did Mervyns. My account is now closed. This complaint will be posted on every website I can locate that speaks out about (Target) credit card abuse. I will never set foot in another Target store as long as I live and will urge others to do the same. Word of mouth, shabby treatment and abuse speak volumes. I will also inform everybody I meet not to open a credit card account with Target and, if they do, to be very wary of Target’s abusive credit card practices. I hope this information will help others to be informed and avoid Target’s or any other credit card’s abuse.

Barrie, FL

• Er
    Erica1114 Nov 10, 2009

I am going through an issue with the Target National Bank myself. I will never go to Target again. I am encouraging everyone to take your business elsewhere .

Their customer service stinks and their common consideration for their customers is non-existent!

• Se
    SeeSpotRant Mar 11, 2010

I cancelled my Target Visa for the same reason...one missed payment (with a history of paying IN FULL EVERY MONTH, mind you), and they dropped my credit limit from $8, 500 to ... (drumroll, please) ... $200! Needless to say, I told them what they could do with their card and their lousy 10%-Off-A-Day-Of-Shopping "Rewards" program. And the kicker? I'm a *#^$ing Target employee (oh, pardon me...TEAM MEMBER...)

• Q8
    q869 May 18, 2011

My complaint was that I used my Target card to purchase an American Airlines vacation . On the trip home I was hit by the back seat of an obese man . long story short Target visa said the services were provided and I had no recourse . I too have not shopped at Target since the customer no service . By the way Target is no longer issuing Visa cards and obviously wants everyone who has one to cancel, that is my opinion

pa sales tax on medications

On 4/25/09, I purchased a bottle of 90 count Loratadine antihistamine ($19.59). The item was subjected to the...

late fee rip-off

About time the Government stepped in on these credit card company thieves. I paid off a Target credit card (89.00) and closed the account last year. A month after the payoff they sent me a $39.00 late fee saying the payment came one day late. The due date was on a Sunday and they cashed it on Monday. They continue adding 39 dollar monthly late fees and interest. That payment was mailed in plenty of time for them to recieve it by Friday. We think they deliberatly held it until monday because we closed our account.
Although the account has been charged off and my credit blemished, they and thier credit collector agencies continue to call. I have over 600 logged calls and 50 mailings attempting to collect this bill. Its no wonder the banks are in trouble. How much time and effort do you spend trying to collect 39.00 bogus debt. As far as we are concerned they will get the money and see us in thier store “When Hell freezes over”

dvd broke

I bought a Tv/dvd player combo and with in 4 month the dvd player stoped working i could not get my money back or get a new one. I paid good money for this and it brakes and they tell oh well nothing we can do. I will not shop at Target again.

• Aa
    Aaron O Jul 03, 2007

I purchased a 32'' Trutech LCD two months ago and it is now broke. The standby light turns on but the television never actually turns on. Since I live in an apartment I was unable to keep the 32'' box, which is required to return the 32'' massive piece of junk. I think that target sells crap and I refuse to give them any more of my business. Additionally, I have started a petition among friends and around one hundred people have committed to not shopping at Target. Trutech is a worthless brand that's cheap pricing will entice frugal consumer, but ultimately is heap of junk. The Trutech television is a terd. Beware of the polished terd that Target is passing off as quality at a reasonable price.

• Bu
    Buddy Lipson Jul 03, 2007

I want to sign this petition, because the same thing happened to me!! I had a Trutech DVD / television combo that broke in roughly five months.

• De
    Deborah Solomon Nov 08, 2007

Bought a Trutech tv at Target during a Christmas promotion. The remote started skipping channels a couple of months after we got it, but that was only a minor annoyance. The TV quit working completely after about 14 months. Not a good brand at all.

John P Owens Jan 13, 2008

I bought a 19 inch LCD TV from Target that in 5 months the DVD player quit working. The brand was Trutech. I could not return the TV because I lost my receipt. The TV was $479 w/ the DVD player. This really made me mad especially after I bought a separate DVD player also a Trutech. This separate DVD player quit working after 7 months. Trutech sells crap merchandise and won't do anything about there products being complete crap. A Target employee told me this is a occurring event with Trutech so Trutech has to know there product is SH*T!!!

• binder Apr 19, 2009

There's two sides to every story, and I find yours to be very unrealistic. Did you not have the reciept? Did you even TRY contacting Trutec's customer support?? I've provided the link to them below so you don't burn out any more of the precious few brain cells you have left:

Next time, shell out a few more bucks for a brand name.

returns

Tonight I went to my local Target, intending on returning some unneeded items. In the past two weeks, I have...

double charged on red card, and credit limit reduced

Double charged, credit limit reduced to laughable rate, and poor excuse for inappropriate actions taken by Target RedCard (Target National Bank). And please note, this was all for a double charge that was under $100.00.

Signed up with Target RedCard about 2 and a half years ago. Recently I received a phone call from a collector that I had an outstanding fee that had not been paid in over two months. I am on e-notification, so there was no mail notification, and for some reason, after over a year of being on e-notification, I do not receive the e-notifications.

It is over 2 months later I receive a phone call from a collector asking about the bill, and I explain that I never received notification in the first place. What is more surprising is that I check my payments history from my bank and I had already paid the bill about half a month early.

So I was double charged, and to top it off they decided to reduce my credit limit to under 1000. So not only did they steal money, they lowered my limit and messed with my credit to debt ratio. And I might add that the amount that I really didnt owe was under $100.00.

Steer clear of using this credit card.

double payment required in 1 month

I rec a statement for a payment due on march 1, I had to call about reversing a charge and was told that another payment is due by march 29. Although feb. Has 28 days, I fell as though they should have made some kind of adjustment re payment due. I have not received a new statement re the second pymt for march. This is how they will get you for more fees (Late). I am glad that I called them otherwise I would not have been aware of another pymt due. Forget trying to reach someone on the corporate side, there are no numbers for consumers to reach anyone except cust. Serv. (3 calls were ans.In india) I am cutting my card.

• Wh
    WhoCaresAboutYou? Jul 14, 2010

Gregg "If you squint I look like Alec Baldwin" Steinhafel
    612-696-6234
    fax: 612-696-6325

Assistant:
    Denise May
    612-696-6243

Phone numbers for his direct reports, inside...

Bart Butzer, VP Stores: (612)-696-4968