Menu

complaints

Takealot Complaints Summary

8 Resolved
803 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Takealot with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Takealot has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Takealot. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Takealot complaints 811

Sort by:

Newest Takealot complaints

T
4:59 am EST

Takealot Return

I had purchased a cellphone for my Patner for Valentines day. I have been saving for 4 months for this, I received the parcel on the 13th. It was left by the gate and I had not agreed to any of that. I don't even know the people that had my parcel. It was cheap cheap phone that was in the box. I gave it back and they are now telling me that don't even sell the product.

Now I am left with Nothing. I have asked you is taking responsibility for what had happened to me and no one is tesponding

Claimed loss: R2699 I work very hard for my money

Desired outcome: I want my money back

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Takealot representatives only. If you are affiliated with Takealot, please claim your business to access these details.

T
2:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a beautiful 4-in-1 Baby walking ring for my almost 2 year old baby just before Christmas. It was advertised as being for the age of up to 36 months (3years). My office assisted in assembling it for me, I went on holiday,came back&wanted to use it, only to realize baby is too tall for it. Being advertised for up to 36months, I then had to wait for...

R
11:05 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

takealot.com Re: [Delivery] Item Missing or Incorrect in Order Received [protected]) I placed an order with takealot.com on 08th January 2024 and it was delivered on the 10th January 2024. The strange thing was that even though this was a delivery to address order, the currier team asked that myself and other customers go to a local mall to meet the...

Is Takealot legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Takealot as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Takealot stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Takealot should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Takealot earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Takealot achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Takealot. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Takealot.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Takealot website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Takealot.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Takealot, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Takealot website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Takealot has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 811 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Takealot protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Takealot. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
N
8:05 am EST

Takealot 80cm flame weed killer torch

I bought an item aforementioned which I collected on the 9th of November 2023. On the 2nd of December 2023 I did successfully lodge an item return request and a QR code and a pin we sent to me. The item was not functioning and as a result requested replacement. On the 6th of December 2023 I did take the item to the Pietermaritzburg branch. The person who was manning the front desk (whom I have learned was a driver) told me that the return code was not reflecting as yet advised me to leave the item with him. I have been making follow ups regarding the status of the returned item since I requested replacement since the 29th of December. Both the head office in Capetown as well as the Pmb branch have been promising to make a follow up and revert back after a number of emails I have been sending. I am therefore requesting intervention before I take the matter to the consumer council and other structures who will be able to deal with my case.

Desired outcome: Replacement of the item

A
7:59 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day takealot was suppose to return a product to me after testing. The product was suppose to be sent out on the 13th of jan 2024. To date the courier has not received the product and takealot has not bothered in assisting emails are not answered and calls just keep coming to the same thing we will escalate no results. Its a r 10 000.00 purchase and a...

P
5:54 am EST

Takealot Poe-431p mini dc ups

When I bought the product last year March 2023 the power stayed on for about 2 and a half to 3 hours during load shedding.

For the last month or two, it only worked for about 1 hour 45 minutes before it was switched off during load shedding.

What can I do to sort out this problem because my guarantee comes to an end in March 2024?

Takealot Cape Town

Date of purchase-05/03/2023

Serial number-[protected]

C
5:08 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a Tatoo machine and received my machine on the 29th of November for my course that started on the third of Jan 2024. I ordered it early because I was scared I would n to receive it in time for my course due to the holidays and it was on special. On the third we went through the manual and on the 4th we practiced making pixels on a skin sheet. On...

K
11:11 am EST

Takealot Product

I bought an ink combo for my new printer through takealot and product was delivered on 1 November 2023. The ink combo Cost over R2300. I inserted the ink cartridges and have not printed more than 500 pages to date and black ink is saying Low replace cartridge. How is this possible. Last printer I used it for over 2 years before I needed to replace the ink

I am not it happy with this.

It is super expensive and I expect it to last as per their promises.

Please advise.

My name is Katherine Krotx

Contact number [protected].

Desired outcome: The correct product. Not a demo product

M
7:27 am EST

Takealot Seller support

We have been an independent Seller on Takealot.com for a number of years. There is no secret that they are an absolute headache to work with on a good day, but now they have taken it too far.

Takealot can do what they please, and who pays for it? Us, the sellers! It is ridiculous how such a large company is so incompetent.

For example, currently there seems to be an issue at the TAL DC's with one of our products, as we are getting a number of returns with each and every client stating it's not what they ordered, and instead they are receiving an entirely different product to what they ordered and what we sell. Yet Takealot refuse to launch a stock enquiry to check what the issue and BETTER YET, Takealot refuse to refund the fulfilment fees for these incorrectly delivered products (there are over 60 of these).

This is one of the very many struggles independent sellers on Takealot face daily.

Desired outcome: Higher Management Assistance

U
3:39 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is now the 3rd time in a row that I ordered items and wait for a long time for delivery, just to find some of the items get cancelled and the rest of the order is going to take another 2 weeks to deliver! This last time I ordered a couple of sets of different Christmas lights. Expexted delivery date was 19 Dec, which is already 10 days after the order...

S
9:59 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Takealot Takealot missing items.

I made contact on the 9th Decemeber 2023 as I had 4 missing items. I called them within about 10 mins of receiving my goods. I sent the box numbers and was told it would take 48 hrs to get back to me. I called on wed was sent from pillar to post told my consultants it would be escalated etc and that they would call me. Thursday I called at 11h30 spoke to Kamv he assured me he would escalate it and I'd have feedback by the afternoon. Obviously I didn't so called again and some to Sayape she said her manager Ziaan is busy and would call me. I await the call. I am leaving for overseas on Friday the 15th and I have expressed this numerous times with no gifts. Takealot could not give a damn! There consultants are lacking so badly! Cannot wait for Amazon! Takealot really losing their touch.

Claimed loss: 4 expensive items which they quickly took money for.

Desired outcome: Refund as it's to late for delivery so I can actually show up with xmas gifts.

P
9:54 pm EST

Takealot Redmi phone

I bought a new redmi phone for black friday special. It was 3700. Good price. Phone was delivered no problem. On second day I saw the battery was going down quickly. Not good for a new phone. Contacted takelot. I said I was still keen on a redmi phone could they swap it for another same phone.I THEN ASKED IF I WAS STILL NOT HAPPY COULD I GET A REFUND. I was assured I could. Needless to say I wasnt happy with the phone. Sent it back. Imagine my surprise when they informed me I won't be getting a refund. No explanation. No feedback. I found out by tracking the return on my app. I want my refund. This is unacceptable.

Desired outcome: Refund.

Z
1:37 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered and paid for some pretty expensive Gym Supplements that I required urgently from Takealot. They indicated that the items would be delivered on the Saturday - about a week later. I made special arrangements with my mum and helper to receive the items, since I knew I would be away for the day. On arrival back home, I noticed that only one item...

S
11:54 am EST

Takealot Product misrepresentation

The product advertised and ordered differs to the product delivered. In addition the product details listed also differs to the manual of the delivered item. Online shows for infants up to 27kg, whereas the manual shows for weights up to 12kg. Total misrepresentation! Product Ordered - https://www.takealot.com/baby-walking-ring-anti-roll-and-anti-tumble/PLID93371994

Desired outcome: For the ordered product to be delivered. It should match the advertised details in all respects.

M
7:45 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ere is my item that you pick up from my house. Waybill Search You searched for 'MRRN-ZMZK4-K9X6'Advanced Search + Added MrdX O/N Waybill MRD Order Source Hub Dest Hub Scheduled Date Status Parcel Statuses 2023/04/12 23:59 MDX115749981 MRRN-ZMZK4-K9X6 EXP105554826 jhb warehouse Southern Suburbs Before 17:00 Rejected In Progress[SOU] 2023/07/12...

J
4:04 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Takealot team, it's been 3 weeks now. My parcel is not being returned to me, my account is not being credited. I logged a return on 19th November and it was canceled without any notice. I relogged the return instantly just to be told that my first return was logged correct and the 2nd logged incorrectly.. So why was my first canceled in the first...

A
10:49 pm EST

Takealot Poor service and Product

My last order with takealot has been a nightmare.

I ordered two bob wigs as they were marked down. After a week takealot refunded me and sent an email that the order was out of stock.

The same is still in stock it just has a mark up price. I don't want the money I want the wigs as I previously explained. The wig were for graduation and it was very disappointing as I promised my niece a wig and it's didn't arrive.

I also bought a vacuum pore. I received the same thing in the same state twice.

It looked like it was used. Fist time it smells of chemicals and looked dirty. Second I received it. It looked dirty and the glasses had chipped. I am really not happy as I have been patient waiting for assistance.

I'm really gutted with the treatment I received and lack of compassion takealot has shown

Desired outcome: I would like my weave that I ordered. Refund for my vacuum pore and compassion for time wasted as I had to go spend extra with other companies.

E
5:19 am EST

Takealot Toshiba 65" smart tv

Am very disappointed to takealot, my husband bought Toshiba 65 smart tv cash & it was delivered on the 15th of Nov, immediately after taking it out of the box & plug it in the screen was faulty, my husband called them the same dayto lay a complain, then they collected it, only to find out that they are saying the tv was damaged at home, how we don't know, after few weeks they return the tv worse than it was, it doesn't switch on, this matter we gonna take it to the lawyers, cause we can't buy a damaged tv, I will not recommend anyone to buy at takealot cause they don't have customer service😡

Desired outcome: We need a new TV or refund

L
5:49 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Im referring to ticket [protected]. Laverne has been an utterly rude compliance staff member which should not be placed in a position to "resolve" problems as this is absolutely not het strength. She have NEVER given us a "WARNING" as she is mentioning and just suspends our account after it's now the peak season for business and she feels ABSOLUTELY nothing...

N
9:49 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Takealot Order [protected] HP 250 G9-×15,6 " Intel Celeron 4500 8GB 256GB Win 11 Home- Silver

I purchased the laptop which was delivered on 27 October 2023. I used it and noted that it is slow and the built in mouse is often unresponsive.

I logged a return which was collected on 16 November 2023.

On 17 November the outcome was return declined due to being used.

I disputed this but did not receive a reaponse.

I then enquired on when I can have the product back because I run a business wss and I need it.

After various calls over the past 2 weeks I was told it is with Dpd couriers.

I have also called the couriers and tracked the parcel but even the courier company can not explain where it it.

Whose responsibility is it that I receive the laptop back.

It has been 2 weeks of no business for me.

Desired outcome: A refund which I was supposed to be given in the first place.

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about Takealot?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the required information in the sign-up form.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint submission form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Takealot. Make it specific and clear, such as "Delayed Delivery by Takealot" or "Incorrect Item Received from Takealot".

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Takealot. Mention key areas such as customer service interactions, product quality, delivery issues, or any discrepancies in billing or charges. Include specific details about transactions, such as order numbers, dates, and item descriptions. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including any steps you took to resolve it with Takealot and the company's response or lack thereof. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it be inconvenience, financial loss, or disappointment.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, email correspondence, or screenshots. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial loss you have incurred due to the issue with Takealot. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, clearly state what resolution you are seeking, whether it be a refund, exchange, or other forms of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click on the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep track of any updates or responses to your complaint by regularly checking your account on ComplaintsBoard.com. Engage with any follow-ups or requests for additional information to help resolve your complaint with Takealot.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Takealot contacts