Taco Bell/Tyson's Food, Incbroken teeth

J

I bit into a beef taco from Taco Bell on January 29, 2010 and broke 2 teeth on the several small pieces of ground up bone. I have documentation and my dentist documented the damage and it will cost over $7k to repair the damage. Taco Bell referred me back to the originaly meat production company: Tyson Foods.

BEWARE!!! DON'T EVER EAT AT TACO BELL AGAIN !!! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!

[email protected] Jan 21, 2015

Earlier about an hour ago I bit into a taco from del taco and bit into something hard and cracked my tooth it looks like a piece of tooth that sure isn't from me or looks like a piece of bone I don't know at this moment.

yucca13 May 10, 2011

Del Taco is the only fast food place here that claims that they do not use any lard in their beans.

yucca13 May 10, 2011

I apologize for my sarcasm. I did misunderstand. This whole ordeal has been very upsetting. I will not eat fast food again. Too scary. I believe that even a vegetarian meal (like a bean burrito for example) could contain a foreign object.

yucca13 May 08, 2011

I said beware of ground meat - I never mentioned ground up bone.
    Your attitude toward non-veggetarian people seemed condescending to me.
    Your accusations that we are liars is not called for either

yucca13 May 08, 2011

You are correct, Stealth Pilot, that one takes the risk of running into bone when eating meat. Whatever was in this taco was not bone, it had to have been a much harder substance (like metal) that shattered other metal.
    You can doubt the story all you want, but we are honest people and would never accuse a company of wrongdoing unjustly.
    Wanted to post an update. Tyson/Jack in the Box split the cost of the dental bridge reimbursement. It took a while and some effort, but I appreciate them taking responsibility for their product liability.

• Vi
    villian Mar 28, 2011

Watch the DVD "FOOD INC" and you won't look at Fast foods the same.

yucca13 Feb 28, 2011

I ordered two tacos from Jack-in-the-Box, taking advantage of their 2 for $1.00 special. Their taco turned out to be an very expensive lunch. There was something in the meat that broke my permanent two bridge crown. It cost $1, 550 to replace. I gave the restaurant manager the remains of the taco which I know contained the remains of my dental bridge. They have come back with their report stating that no dental material was found. I have a witness to the fact that there was dental material in the taco remains.
    They denied my claim. I am very disgusted with the way my complaint has been handled. Beware of ground meat at fast food places.

• Ac
    ACamaioni Feb 10, 2011

Just this week, I took my son to the movies and he was hungry afterwards. He wanted Taco Bell... I ordered myself one of thier new QUAD STEAK QUESADILLAS ...wasn't bad until I took a bite on something hard and felt a pain shoot through the left side of my mouth!!! What I found was a white square object that was almost a square inch with gristle attached. It cracked my tooth and I was sick to my stomach (which I'm sure was psychosomatic). I went online and immediately sent a complaint to their corporate office. 3 days later, I received a call from the mgr of the Taco Bell I purchased it from...I did not return the call because I felt that I made a complaint to the corporate office and they should have been the one's to contact me. Not only do I not want to ever eat at Taco Bell again...I can't stomach the thought of eating any food prepared by someone in a restaurant.

mbcamp Jan 10, 2011

I would press charges to pay for your dental bills.

• Bo
    boned by Tyson Foods Dec 27, 2010

I was eating at Quiznos in August. A grilled chicken salad, with jalepenos, when I bit into a peice of bone about an inch long. It jammed into the roof of my mouth, just above the gumline, and the bone splintered. I developed abscesses from the peices of bone stuck under the teeth. I had one tooth pulled, then a second one a week later. On the third visit to the dentist, he was finally able to remove the last bone fragment. My mouth was so sore that I couldnt eat for weeks. I lost over 20lbs, and now am missing two of my teeth. I am 45 years old. Tyson Foods makes the boneless chicken for Quiznos. Their reply was that my teeth must not have been in good shape before the incident, and they really dont care. Quiznos don't care either. Anyone else have this kind of issue, or advise.

mbcamp Dec 10, 2010

depending on the sharpness of the object and its angle of projection, a bone could easily break a tooth. they are made from the same thing. I've heard of chips breaking people's teeth. A bone could do it no problem

mbcamp Dec 10, 2010

you should never have to worry about biting into a bone, much less breaking your teeth from eating a taco.