Menu
Subway
reviews & complaints

Subway
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

889 complaints
147 resolved 742 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Subway. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
6:34 pm EDT

Subway - subway

Sale Transaction #9157523 in Travel Centers LLC PILOT Pilot store 238. date 8/29/2015 time12:27:48. Clerk 272.
The 2nd person who put the condiments on my sandwich was interesting. A person should be able to tell the difference between a 2-3 year olds voice and a person well over age 50. The person who put the condiments on my sandwich first coughed and almost put her gloved hand half up to her mouth when she coughed then proceeded to make my sandwich. WTF. This is so inappropriate. Disgusting. And seriously NOT funny. I hardly ever go to any subway. I will definitely NOT go to that subway again. Possibly not any subway.
The young girl should have changed her glove. This was so bad when working with food.

11:23 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They pay you by the hours on the schedule not the hours you clock in for. The store closes at 11 o'clock that's what you get paid till but you still have to count the money, count the bread, put away the food, clean the cold bin, and others things . This takes anywhere from a half hour to forty five minutes. I and others don't get paid for that. We clock in...

9:19 pm EDT

Subway - rude employee

I was at the catoosa ok. Subway with a friend we placed our orders. Kim was working on my two sandwiches when she ask the girl in the back to get the Drive-through . So she took the drive- through so order . As she was making there order she leans in to get something to put on the sandwich . She had long blond hair in a ponytail her hair landed right on top of my sandwich as she leaned over . I said your hair was just on top of my sandwich and at that time she looked at Kim and said was it . I said way are you asking her for I seen it she didn't . So Kim says you don't have to be so rude mam . I said I wasn't being rude and at that moment Kim puts down my second sandwich that she was starting to work on go over picks up the sandwich that the hair was on and says to me Jesus Christ man I was going to make you another one anyway wads it up into a ball slamed it into the trashcan . Then she started just slinging thing on both my sandwiches as though she couldn't get me out of there fast enough . As I was paying for our orders I said I wasn't trying to be rude . Kim flung her hands into the air and said it's done it's over don't want to hear anymore about it . I said I didn't like the girl looking at her like is she telling the truth . So I will never walk in to that shop again I'll go to Pizza Hut or Mahsie owes for my sandwiches from now on Margaret Aureli

A
7:37 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went in to order meal for mother . I ask associate Adam for nutritional info He directed me to info by door found discount coupons for holiday world and advertizement for chicken salad sandwich. I told him info not there Explained mother had congestive heart failure and need sodium content He told me I would have to go on line to get info Unacceptable...

3:11 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Subway - owners and district managers

Wrote up my step son for what they said he wasnt doing but yet when it was his call in shift he would call and manager would say dont need you remind you the management that wrote him up her soon to be mother in law is her boss but when proof was shown that he called in when he was to they said he didnt call in so I as him step mom asked how they could do that she then called her soon to be mother in law and had her come to the subway in boone on south story street which then they called district manager who came to my car screaming in the parking lot i called the owner to complain about his employees and in return he banned me from his stores in boone iowa and ames iowa. The owner is ok with what his district manager to now a non customer

Update by Crazygirl1981
May 22, 2015 9:04 am EDT

ruth and kevin unless you know the facts and you were physically standing in the boone subway and saw it all first hand then you have no right to name call and be negative and iowa labor laws protect me and legally i had the right to stand up for my 18 yr old non big baby son. So keep your negative comments to yourself

M
12:26 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I visited subway today in the chelmsley wood branch the three members of staff were very rude saying comments under the breath and also one member of staff was prodding the food while it was being prepared by one of the staff they were all unhelpful I thought I would treat my niece to lunch in there even after paying and sitting down the staff were staring...

K
10:18 am EDT

Subway - theft

I have been playing subway surfer for a while and money is constantly being taking out of my bank account. I already had damn near $50.00 taken out out my account.

I would like a refund because this is theft since no type of consent was given, even so neither was a warning.
Please contact me
Phone: 6463537829
Email: [email protected]

4:25 am EDT

Subway - money back

I have been charged from my credit card Visa Dankort the amount of 400 danish kr. Whitout my ortorization, Form the game subway surfers on my tablet, I would like those monye back on my bank account, as soon as posible.

thank you.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I use to work at Subway in Russell Springs and in Columbia inside of Walmart. I had to go on medical leave which the owner and store manager knew ahead of time and that I didn't know how long I would be off work. They was alright with it and said I would still have my job. I kept them updated and turned in everyone of my doctor excuses. When the doctor...

T

Subway - teaching out of fear

I have worked in many companies with many high profile individuals and i have never before been treated so badly. Arminia, the manager is probably one of the worst managers i have ever worked with. Shes rude, disrespectful, doesn't know how to properly do her job and teaches out of belittlement and insults and fear. Ive worked in the entertainment business successfully my entire life and that can get pretty nasty, however i have never been more infuriated that how i was while working there. I have never seen such a simple job be made in to a minefield. i highly suggest no one to work there while she is an employee.

L
7:54 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have worked for subway for 20 years as a restaurant manager for 2 franchisees.In October 2014 the store was sold to Minesh Patel of Mean subs1 llc. At the time of purchase all employees were told by Minesh that their jobs were secure. However 3 weeks later Minesh calls one employee at his home and tells him that he is fired, another employee is fired and...

2:12 pm EST

Subway - unsafe not good

do not goto this sub way they have unprofessional staff they r not wearing uniforms dont have gloves on which is illegal the store is not clean at all the staff is all one race which seems very odd to me there stuff and clothing was on the tables were people eat they also told me I could pay later what is funny my card works other places but not there which tell ms they r scamming people and profiling people they basicly said its made take it I never said I was coming back to pay them and now i am not going to after looking at the store it was not clean a mess and they dont wash there hands

B
9:44 pm EST

Subway - new pricing structure

How the heck does a company go from a five dollar foot long sub, to $6 for a six inch sub, a bag of chips and a 21 oz soft drink? Is America that crazy? Do the math America! Subway is not cheap fast food any more! I'm done with that!

1 comment
M
Jan 15, 2015 10:07 am EST

6" sub is $4, Drink is $1.25 and Chips are $1... As a combo you save 25 cents... It is NOT America that is crazy... Just you

B
5:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I used my subway card at manager ashley location. She allowed to bring up my account balance on my receipt and decided to. I called the store to find out why and the employee said they all trained to give out the account balances. Then it was explained because of people asking ashley the manager for balance information on their receipt already showing so...

2:32 pm EST

Subway - Worst food rip off ever.

I spent $9.30 on a sandwich alone today. The pastrami sandwich. It was not pastrami. It was apparently flank steak. Undercooked, not peppered, not cured, and full of string, days impossible to eat meat like product. I cooked and cheffed kitchens all over the usa for over 25 years. I know meats. This was with at best 3 bucks. I could not finish it.
Do not buy the pastrami at subway. It is advertised intentionally wrong. It is not pastrami.

J
1:03 am EST

Subway - rudeness of employee

I come into this particular store a couple times a week because it is located near my work. The first couple times after this new employee started she was very rude. So i proceeded to be friendly and got that her name was Charlotte. I am always very polite, but everyday its almost the same thing, its as if im bothering her by coming into the store. I have tried to not pay her rudeness attention but can no longer stand it. I will not come back to this location, and will pass this info to my friends and coworkers.

P
7:41 pm EST

Subway - franchise arbitration

Chicago DA Mesi and subway HQ are forcing me to go in arbitration for the most stupid reasons just because my store is doing above average and they want to take it away from me so that they can sell it back for profit. There are many franchisees that are in similar situation and feel trapped. We need a good lawyer to help us.

U
3:22 pm EDT

Subway - unfair treatment

I am a franchisee and feel I am being treated unfairly by my development agents, I have been mis advised, lied to, put through arbitration due to lack of communication, I am now trying to sell my store and they are making it very difficult and are sending me downright rude emails and questioning me personally asking if I am paying things that are nothing to do with them. They have held up my transfer at every point and this has been going on for 8 months and is making me physically ill and affecting my own job. There is no where to complain and no one to get advice from I am at a loss as to where to go or what to do

L
11:48 pm EDT

Subway - bad staff that failed to honour a fair clearly valid stated voucher

I have always been a happy and big fan of subway i love the food it offers but today during my experience at the burnie sub way i had a clearly valid and clear stated voucher for subway that the workers at the burnie stor refused to righfully honour it and not only did they choose not to honour the voucher but when i was trying to talk to them and ask why they wouldnt honour the clear stated voucher but they were rude and unhelpful and made me feel like as if i was a special needs person and made me feel like an idiot and when i go into a resturant i do not expect to be treated in such a rude and unfair way as a result it has left me very upset and offended and i will not be going to subway anymore as a result and i recommend that other people do not go to this subway anymore until the owner teaches the manager and staff how to talk to customers properly and lets them know that when a clearly valid voucher is presented it should be honoured and they should not call the customer a liar and talk to them like as if they are a liar and idiot i have never been so rudely and badly spoken to i am very disheartened and feel heavily abused and hope no one has to go through the ordeal that i had to go through at burnie subway today thankyou

T
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was the manger of Subway in the S Walmart I quit on Aug. 26 upon receiving my last Paycheck on Aug 29 I noticed I was paid at minimum wage . When I asked Carol Thompson (GM) she sai it's policy. Well I was never told this when hired for the managers Position nor was I ever giving a handbook or policy book.i always worked my butt off there so for Carol to...

Subway contacts