Menu

J
Author of the complaint
1:17 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am a retiree, have no business use except emergency contact purposes on my mobile phone and therefore I used Rogers payasyougo, no bills until the credit on the card is used up. . My monthly usage for the past five years is about C$8. Last August, I topup the credit on my phone and the balance after topup was about $130.

Then in November, I bought a new phone, the Samsung Galaxy. A few days later I got a text message from 33445 on a quiz contest, and believing it was from Rogers, I answered the message and keyed in my phone number. Then I regular received text message from 33445 and I deleted them each time without opening as I did not know how to get rid of such annoying messages. Until last week, the service on my phone was disconnected because the balance was zero. I called Rogers and discovered that from November till February, I was charged $76 in total by Rogers on text messages.

I definitely was not told and never received any information that there is a $2 charge for each message until I surfed on the internet when I could no longer use my mobile phone. Sprized and Rogers refused to refund me as they maintained that I had to bear the charges since I responded to the first message.

More Rogers Communications complaints & reviews

Rogers Communications - rogers wireless contract transfer
Rogers Communications - free preview billing scam?
Rogers Communications - charges and changes requested