Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a CarCar rental

P Nov 23, 2019

Rented a car from SixT at Munich airport last week. Contract number:[protected].
I received my final invoice today and was charged over 46 Euros for fuel. The car was 7/8 full when I received it and was 6/8 full when I returned it. The vehicle (Opel Grandland x) has a 53 liter tank and 1/8 of the capacity is 6 5/8 liters. The fuel cost is less than 1.40 euros per liter and therefore the 1/8 tank of fuel should total less than 10 euros. I was charged five times the retail price of fuel. I understand having to pay more than the retail price but 5x the cost is a ripoff. I want SixT to reduce this charge or I will dispute the charge with my credit card company.