Sixt Car Rentalfraud & scam

Q

I had a one day rental from Sixt that I picked up at the Frankfurt main train station at 9:30. It was a 1-day flat rate, all mileage included for a total of 39euro. The next day I filled up the car and returned it to the Frankfurt train station at 8:00 before I took a 9:00am train out of the country. I returned the keys directly to the Sixt agent at the station and provided her with the gas receipt.

Later when I checked my credit card, I saw a charge from them of $124 eur0-- more than quadruple the amount that I PHYSICALLY signed for. When I pressed Sixt for more information, they sent me an invoice showing that I returned the car late and in addition charged me to refuel the car. Amazing that the car was logged in LONG AFTER I left the country... nevermind that I filled the tank and dealt directly with the corrupt agent in Frankfurt.

Turns out this is a classic fraudulent billing scam leaving the consumer no recourse with disputing it with your credit card. The very least I could have done was stand there and watch the agent log the car in an get a final confirmation receipt... but with these f*ckers, I'm not sure that would have made much of a difference.

• Ga
    Garrett Mutz Aug 15, 2019

These guys are horrible and I would stay away if possible. I blew out a tire on the highway and hour after I rented the car. Clearly not my fault, I called the national hotline and they told me to get it replaced. After I went out of my way to do so (and cost me $300), they refused to reimburse me. They left me with a faulty tire and they kept the new one. Not only that but they were rude about it as well. STAAAAAAY AWAY! They are a POS!

Marsel34 Jul 01, 2019

Dear friends! I need your help. 05/06/2019 to 10/06/2019 in Italy at Bergamo airport, I and my family rented a car from the rental office of the Sixt. made a full franchise, but did not additionally insurance on the glass. As soon as we rented a car, I saw a little damage on the windshield. Photo made from inside the car. After depositing the car, the deposit was returned completely, but after 2 weeks I receive a message and a bill from the Sixt for 950 euros for replacing the windshield. help please, who rented a fiat 500 L blue color state number FT938GE at Bergamo airport at the end of May 2019 and beginning of June 2019. It is necessary to prove to Sixt that before my lease there was already slight damage on the windshield. I am ready to go to the end and sue the company Sixt, since this is a real fraud on their part.

• Be
    Benhargaden Jun 01, 2019

Hello. I rented a car from Sixt whilst on holiday in Marrakesh. I had to pay a £400 deposit before they would let me take the car. I returned the car undamaged but have not been reimbursed the deposit. can you please let me help me get my deposit.

[email protected]

• Ig
    igor prosin Oct 31, 2018

Rented a car in croatia, osijek for two days.
    Paid when returning the car. It is over 30 days still waiting for my deposit of $765. It is fraud, have already notified my bank.
    I will never ever rent a car from sixt rather pay more to a more honest company.

• Mo
    Mohammad Alsamhan Oct 21, 2018

i didn't get my deposit back frome 2/8/2018 till now this is the first time and this not the first time you didn't get my deposit back
    ...
    i hope i get the deposit back ASAP

• Ar
    A.rhman Saud Oct 21, 2018

They add one extra day for 30 mints late but, they give the car late for more than one an hour !!!
    And still the add one day extra after I leave without any information, at least, they inform me, so I can use the car that day, not just 30 mints

Marco Hevia Sep 19, 2018

I pre paid a car in the XCAR group and I was force to get their insurance even tho my credit card already gave me even more coverage.

• Md
    mdawson83 Sep 05, 2018

No one to talk to. No security code to cancel on there website

Metehan Sep 05, 2018

When i rent a car, Mr. Jashua (Fort Lauderdale employee) told me if you bring empty tank you'll pay 53 dolar. And i brought empty tank, they charged to me 151 dolar. If i knew this price, i wasn't bring it empty. Don't rent a car from sixt. Budget is better than sixt

John Dominick Sep 03, 2018

I WILL NOT EVER RENT FROM SIXT AGAIN!!!
    What type of scam was I faced with? Well I had a reservation to pick up a Mercedes CLA in Atlanta GA airport. I had a flat rate that I was charged. I was on a long holiday in Atlanta so the rate I received with my confirmation was ideal. I approached the front desk and was greeted, showed my confirmation number, gave my credit card and license. I asked will I still get the Mercedes. The lady who was helping said she did not see a Mercedes there since Tuesday. We just don’t have them right now... they are all rented (strike 1). She says, we have a Volvo station wagon for you. I asked, well, what else do you have? So, she called down to see what cars were returned. Then said.. there is a small Mercedes suv (GL) that was returned and should be ready soon. I asked, well will I get if for the same price? She said it will be just a little more but not much more. So I asked.. how much more? So she quoted to me $350 more than what my reservation cost was AND a $200 deposit. So, the deposit wasn’t an issue as I already knew I’d pay a deposit but I wasn’t going to pay $350 more for a Mercedes small suv (STRIKE 2) I told her “ You know what?” I don’t want to spend that much money for a rental. What else do you have? She gave me a list of other cars I didn’t want so I said “ Let’s Just go with the Volvo that you mentioned earlier. She said ok... I asked, that will be the cost in my confirmation, right? She says yes. But you’ll have to pay a $500 deposit.

I said I’m sorry . But I’m not paying a $500 deposit for a Volvo wagon when you wanted to have me pay a $200 for a Mercedes SUV. (STRIKE 3). So I took my license and cc and went right next door to Enterprise. It was quick, easy, and they only charged me $100 deposit. AND THIS WAS AT ATLANTA AIRPORT. THANK YOU ENTERPRISE!!!

John

• Re
    Rent a Car Club Aug 25, 2018

SAVE MONEY renting cars from people like you or MAKE MONEY renting your car out! Rent a car club is Thailands first true peer 2 peer car rental agency. Download the app now https://rentacarclub.com

• Dh
    D.Hansen Jul 25, 2018

We rented a car at the Amsterdam car rental Sixt. One week. We had a very early flight and returned the car without checking in but we followed directions for doing this. They later claimed we had a dent in the back bumper. This was a 750 euro charge. We didn't have any incidents of course. We're experienced travelers and have dropped off cars in the past. Our credit company took care of the disputed. Fast forward to 2018 and a collection email arrives for a 200 plus euro charge from a German collection company with all our information. This is a robbery in our opinion. Tell all your friends and business partners overseas to get rid of this bandit car company!

• Si
    Sixtscam Jul 16, 2018

So, just another warning about Sixt at Belfast International airport. They told me in the office the car was new so no marks on it . I noticed on the paperwork it had been driven 1500 miles so i checked the car and found obvious scuffs and scratches. The man told me he didnt need to mark any of them down as they were too small / in the wrong place/ didnt go down to the metal etc, and promised i wouldn’t be liable for them. I wanted to take pictures but he seemed nice and i didn’t want to be rude. Stupid me. On return, another man checked the car, found the scratches, and said he would have to put in an insurance claim. He didn’t listen to me explaining what his colleague had promised. This is just a scam. I will take them to court if they try and charge me - fortunately i have a witness to the first conversation. Do not go anywhere near this company.

• Fe
    Fernanda Pilatti Jul 02, 2018

Several reasons bring me here to expose my experience with Sixt and affirm that I WILL NEVER RENT A CAR WITH THIS COMPANY ANYMORE!
    It was the WORST company I have ever rented cars in my entire life!

To begin my experience, we were sent the wrong address for pick up from the car in Münster in Germany.
    When I arrived at the right store with my father, a very nice boy answered me and told me that we would have to take the insurance with them obligatorily. So far so good.
    My dad and I chosed the insurance that covered everything without a deductible. My God! What an ABUSIVE price of that insurance.
    We asked to close the deal because we had a scheduled trip. It took 2 hours to get us out of there and we CAN NOT make the payment because they claimed to have failed the system. Now the account for the payment will go to Brazil with all the currency exchange rates and interest for the international payment that I would not have to pay because I would pay the rent of the car with my card from a German bank.

During these two hours we stayed on Sixt waiting for the car, another woman came to meet us, EVIL EDUCATED and GROSS. I would like the company to have a minimal notion that customers are HIRING A COMPANY SERVICE and that at the very least, you should treat everyone very well!
    I felt embarrassed by the company, it seemed that Sixt was doing me the favor of renting the car. The company should know that there are several companies that rent cars and that you should captivate the customers and not scare them as they amazed me.

When we finally got the car, I noticed that the fuel tank was not full, so I asked the attendant if I would not have to return the tank completely full, as they were not handing me the car like that.
    The anthreader went inside the store, asked about their superiors and they had the CAPACITY to tell me that the FORD cars were having trouble at the pointer, and that this, was not marking the full tank, but that the tank WAS COMPLETELY FULL (I FIND OUT THAT THAT WAS A LIE !!).
    I was innocent enough to believe in the company. I should have asked them to write this on the survey, but I believed in the honesty of the company.

I traveled, I came back to the city, I filled the tank COMPLETELY because I am honest enough for this ... and guess what? THE FUEL POINER DID NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM OF MARKING THE FULL TANK !!! I WAS FOUND BY THE COMPANY WHEN I GOT THE CAR !!! Because they preferred to invent a problem in FORD cars, instead of admitting that they were not handing me the car with the full gas tank.
     The next day, to finish, I left my house to return the car with the COMPLETE tank and when I arrived at the store to make the return, they made me REPLACE AND COMPLETE the tank with that small amount that was spent of the fuel to leave my home and get to Sixt.
    To complete, they found a FAILURE TO CAR PAINT (a paint ink bubble, more specifically) and noted that it was a risk posed by us!

ABSTRACT:
    - I was not allowed to make the payment at the moment of picking up the car and now I will have to pay the value of the insurance by Brazil with all exchange rates and international payment;
    - I was deceived by the company when I believed that the pointer that marked the fuel was damaged;
    - I was added by a second attendant, EVIL EDUCATED;
    - I paid an abusive price for the insurance;
    - They put a PAINT FAILURE on the survey as a risk I caused when using the car.

I was lucky to choose the insurance which we would not have to pay a deductible for any failure or beat, otherwise I would be charged with 900 euros for a FAILURE TO PAINT.

Unfortunate! They could have won a client.

Chema Kamacho Jun 19, 2018

DONT RENT WITH SIXT it is not a reputable brand anymore. They charged me 500€ for two little scratches in the wheels. They took advantage that I had to return the car early in the morning in Catania, and I had to leave the keys in the mailbox, cause nobody showed up at opening time. After 8 years renting with them, it is my last time. AVOID SIXT.

• La
    Laura Bradford Jun 02, 2017

All of this sounds familiar. Rented a vehicle from Sixt last August in Santa Monica, CA. From out of state and got the insurance. Had the car 3 days when I turned it in and a rep and I inspected the vehicle, with no problems noted by either party and paid my final bill. 8 MONTHS! later I am notified of a scratch on the passenger side door, that they have been "trying to get in touch with me" and want to hold me responsible, although they obviously had no problem getting me THEN and had my phone and email. I sent them a list of demands of what I wanted to see as proof. AND sent it return receipt. Haven't heard a thing yet. I am a retired police officer and have filled out several of the "accident reports" that they wanted me to fill out and sign and send back. Yeah RIGHT?! We got the deal off Priceline. Trust, me, it's no deal. AVOID SIXT AT ALL COSTS!!! Just see all of the other complaints posted here! They have an "F" with the Better Business Bureau. Do your homework, folks!!!

• Be
    Bernard Marty Oct 25, 2016

I rented a car (Opel karl) from Sixt via Autoescape (France) with whom I contracted an insurance premium to cover potential risks. Arriving at Zadar Airport (Croatia), Sixt personal would not take into account the voucher issued by Autoescape, claiming they had no connection with this intermediary. So they forced me additional insurance 106 €. When I protested supporting evidence from Autoescape and Sixt, they refused to consider my arguments. Sixt went to claim that this resulted from the inability to take security on my credit card even after I sent them a copy of the corresponding credit card slip. Sixt then kicked into touch, claiming they had no authority over the agency from Zadar. In sum, Sixt claims not control its subsidiaries ... As for Autoescape they bravely marches on the grounds of their impotence.
    Morality, do not rent a car from Sixt and do not use the services of Autoescape ... two scams to avoid!

• Iv
    Ivan Alicea Oct 10, 2016

I have the same problem. When I rented the car I checked the outside of the car with their staff to make sure there were no damages. We found some damages/scratches. When I verified my reservation at Sixt mobile app I saw that all the damages had already been reported and were visible in the mobile app with photos.

However, some days later I receive an invoice for $600 for damage that occured during the rental period according to Sixt. Now I found that this is a common practice for them. After searching the internet, I found that there is a lot of people with the same problem. Clearly this is a scam.

Apparently, they don't repair the cars and when another person rent the car, they want to continue charging for the same damages once and over again to everybody who rent the same car.

I think that is time to start filling a Class Action lawsuit against Sixt. What do you think?

• Iv
    Ivan Alicea Oct 10, 2016

I have the same problem. When I rent the car I checked the outside of the car with their staff to make sure there were no damages. We found some damages/scratches. When I verified my reservation at Sixt mobile app I saw that all the damages had already been reported and were visible in the mobile app with photos.

However, some days later I receive an invoice for $600 for damage that occurred during the rental period according to Sixt. Now I found that this is a common practice for them. After searching the internet, I found that there is a lot of people with the same problem. Clearly this is a scam.

chrisw1704 Sep 27, 2016

I regularly hire cars from Sixt with work and therefore opted to hire from the Dublin City Centre office on my honeymoon. On return of the car we noticed a minor scuff on the front bumper that we had no recollection of causing. The office assured us that the damage was superficial would not come anywhere near the 300 euro excess and we would just be charged for a minor repair. 6 weeks later with no prior correspondence we were charged 300 euros. I contacted the office and they sent and invoice stating they replaced the whole bumper. I discuessed the repair cost with an independent garage and they come nowhere near replacing the whole bumper, precisely because it's only a cosmetic touch up.

The costs being claimed by Sixt are completely out of proportion, and the lack of communication before charging me the full excess leads me to believe Sixt were hoping I would just pay the bill without questioning it's amount.

As it stands, being over charged for cosmetic damage and not receiving appropriate correspondence will ensure I will never return to Sixt, and I will advise my friends and collegues to do the same.

• Ti
    Titok Nemmondommeg Sep 21, 2016

Congratulations to lex and sixt panama! I am platinum member, booked it via sixt, and did not have any cars!!! Told me to go elsewhere!!! Nicely done! I had to go back the next day to get my car incurring extra fees and they did not match the price for the other car i had to rent (For a lot more money). I contacted corporate over the phone and they promised a call back and they never called! I contacted the website and facebook staff (Called lex) and sixt panama reached out to me with a free day of rental in panama. (I am not going back so the value = $0. I asked for partial refund). In exchange they sent me a scanned postcard that will allow me to get a free upgrade on my next rental (I am platinum, i can get all the upgrades i want). I told them again i want partial refund at the very minimum. At which point they just decided not to message me anymore. I gave you 1 month (30 days) to settle this and you did not even put any effort!!! Good job sixt! I have already canceled my future rentals with you and i will make sure this story will get everywhere!!! You should be ashamed!!! Another certified letter will follow to corporate!!!

• Pe
    Peter Johanson Aug 26, 2016

Dont go back to Europcar. Unless you want to be scammed even further? Check their rating on Trustpilot and other sites. I have used many Carehire companies and the place I got the worst service and got ripped off was Europcar. Check them out on the net if you dont trust my comment. They are the worst!

• Br
    brezicki61 Aug 05, 2016

Agree - I have the impression SixT are thieves. Charged for 10 litres of fuel even though I returned it full. Final invoice almost twice what I booked for. First time I've hired from SixT and the last. My business will be returning to Europcar

• Ro
    Ron Donna Mueller Mar 17, 2016

similar situation happened to us renting from Portugal, but it was tire damage. They wouldn't show us the damage and took photos after we had left. Charged us 200Euros for 2 tires though 1 was damaged. This company is very deceptive. I hope the word will get out before more of us are taken advantage of.

• Re
    Rene K. Feb 12, 2016

I rented a 5 series BMW from SIXT in MUnich. AT the airport they informed that they do not have the vehicle and that tehy only can give me a huge Mercedes SUV, which I did not like. I tried for 1 week to exchange the car and after 3 days somebody scratched the car in the parking lot (not surprising because of the vehicel size). After more than a week I finally managed to get a smaller vehicle. On my return I received a bill for 7000Euro payable myself within 2 weeks for the repairs of the scratches. In my opinion this is a huge scram: SIXT tells you that they do not have your vehicle and try to sell you a more expensive bigger one with additional insurance. I will never rent from them again and for sure will fight the invoice.
    Disappointing! Beware!

• Kr
    Krister_S Jan 22, 2016

I will never rent a car from Sixt again.

When I picked up the car in Amsterdam airport it was in a dark spot in the garage at SIXT so it was difficult to inspect the car. On the back of the car I just saw a small colour mark above the rear bumper.

When I returned the car ti sixt the Sixt personnel showed me a small damage on the bumper just below the colour mark. I then realized that the colour mark must have been made when the damage to the bumper was made. The damage must have been on the car when I picked up the car at Sixt, but because the dark area where the car was parked I missed it .

I wrote an email to sixt with my complaints and described the situation but they did not care. They would not
    discuss the issue with me.

I had to pay 530 EUR to sixt And that’s it.

They have definitely lost me as customer. I do not recommend anyone else to rent a car from sixt.

Mel in Spain Jan 10, 2016

Sixt car rental at Stansted airport have checked my claims & are refunding my £110, so a good result!! I just hope they delve into why & how it happened & sort it out, it marred a pleasant trip to see family!!

• Da
    David Taylor N Atlanta Jan 06, 2016

Wow! This is crazy. We had the same problem in Frankfurt. When we turned in the car they did a quick walk around and said thank you... then a few days later I get a 'damage report' about scratches... Here is the description: Bumper, front / Driver side / scratch / 5-10 cm (down to primer)

Then 3 months later I get a document with photographs of damage and they are asking for $2000! Unfortunately I was so mad I disputed it but after arguing with form letters I contacted my credit card company to start a claim and they are denying it because I didn't file within 60 days!! Ahhhh!

I have learned a HUGE lesson. Always, always, always inspect. Get signed documentation during the walk around that there are no new problems. This really spoiled a marvelous trip to Germany. Still fighting but loosing hope: david @ meet the taylors.com

Mel in Spain Jan 05, 2016

Returned a relatively new Corsa back to Stansted Airport at 05.30 on 15th December 2015 for a flight back to Spain at 07.15, I had filled up at the local BP Garage the night before but paid cash. Drove a mile to the compound, nobody to check in with & dropped the keys in a box provided!
    On 29th December had an Invoice for £110.11 for fuel as it only had 1/8th of a tank (Oh Yeah!!) which they will take from my Credit Card. Whether the fuel was syphoned off or they got the wrong car OR A SCAM, who can tell!!!
    Now awaiting their reply to my complaint, so on going!!

• Gu
    gulcin Aug 03, 2015

On 15/07/2015 date, I rented a car in Split Port.Then we delivered the car at Split Airport on 22/07/2015 and we came back to Turkey on same day.

Sixt RAC charged 1489.13 TL.from my card in 22/07/2015.Also second time, 30/07/2015 Sixt RAC Zagreb-Dubrav 1515.50 TL.charged from same card.

My Card again used without myself control.We never been in Zagreb. We did'nt understand, why?

• Mi
    Mikek44 May 25, 2015

I rented a car recently in Hanover, Germany. I have status with Hertz and Avis but chose Sixt because I have used them before in Europe, there cars are generally much better on the higher end and they are priced much better than anyone else. I signed up for a "3" series or similar BMW for approximately 242.95 EUR for 4 days.

I know a little bit of German...however that may have been my undoing. I ended up with a bill that reflected (among other increase charges that I did NOT agree to): A Car upgrade and Insurance. The car, which they gracefully told me was an alternative to the 3 series was a 4 series GT. Great car. I've owned a 7 series and an M3 so I am familiar with this line. Secondly, I NEVER EVER add insurance to any of my rentals (this is why I have my own policy to begin with). When I received my bill a week later they added an "upgrade" and all insurance. The bill was now 679.25 EUR. Are you kidding me? I have called and gotten somewhat of an automated "I am sorry response so far". Car was great. The young professional at the counter was great. The bill is a complete rip-off. Be very careful about what is said and what you may sign. I have not finished yet but will let you know.

• Cl
    Cloddyc Mar 28, 2015

Have hired from Sixt many times in Dublin airport, but will never do so again after appalling service on Christmas Eve. When I drove from the car rental office onto the motorway, messages started flashing up on the dashboard that there was insufficient ain't in the front tyre, and I needed to take immediate action. After licking up my husband around 20 minutes later we headed to a garage, and filled the tyre with air. Then the car wouldn't start. No response from Sixt on Christmas Eve, so I called the roadside assistance number on the rental agreement. The AA arrived, and advised the battery was completely flat (about an hour after I hired the car). Even though none of this was remotely my fault, Sixt have changed me £148 for the AA call out, and continue to blame me. I would steer well clear of this dreadful company.

Marta A Mar 06, 2015

The service I received at Sixt is extremely disappointing. I hired car for less than 24 hours on 16th of February from London Kings Cross. First after few miles I noticed that fuel is not full (8/8) but 7/8, but thought: ok, maybe you had to bring the car for me and it has taken a longer distance. I return car on time (next morning hours) and thought it is the end of our story. How wrong I was? Today we have 6th of March and I am still waiting for depose refund 250 GBP. How long could it be?

MarioM2014 Dec 27, 2014

I have also been a victim to Sixt fraudulent tactics in Switzerland. I rented a vehicle in Geneva to travel to the UK. The vehicle had been previously in a collision on the driver side and had multiple scratches and bumps all over. When I saw the vehicle I took some pictures in my cellphone and went back to the office to show the attendant (no one was in the parking lot). The attendant looked at the pictures and said that all the damage was registered in the contract. The contract indeed had a list of damage but the descriptions were too ambiguous to identify each scratch and bump. In any case I was too naive and believed the attendant statement that "it should all be OK". Since no other vehicle was available and I needed to leave I took the vehicle. The next day the steering system broke down and the tied rod on the wheel on the driver side (the side that had been in a collision) broke. This failure was clearly caused by the previous accident and Sixt failed to perform a mechanical check of the car. Luckily, the accident happened at very low speed (at about 5 km/hr) and nothing else happened but it could have been lethal. Now, Sixt is harassing me to pay the insurance deductible ($1300 CHF) plus some extra fees and their only argument is that the car was in my possession when the accident happened. I have consulted with lawyers in Geneva but it seems it is very difficult and costly to pursue legal action for negligence. I am in disbelief with this company's lack of ethics.

• Da
    Daphne.lawrence Nov 27, 2014

How do we get our government or the German government to crack down on this company to protect Consumers better? They lost my police report in Italy but are trying to charge me close to $4, 000 Euros!

• Gr
    grandview846 Sep 08, 2014

We had problems with Sixt in Germany, too. First, they insisted we trade cars before traveling to Czech Republic,
    then tried to charge us for the use of both cars on the day we made the
    exchange ! I also believe they have an obligation in Germany to warn
    North American drivers of the photo speed traps that are on the
    autobahns.

We are not used to these devices, at least in Canada. Drivers travel
    so fast on the autobahns that you spend most of your time concentrating
    on the drivers that are whipping by you often at speeds well in excess
    of 200 kmh. I would think, if only in the interests of good customer
    service, Sixt should be warning customers these devices that are
    everywhere in Germany. The result is that you miss seeing a few speed
    limit signs or are simply following the traffic, then you return to
    Canada, and you start to receive multiple invoices for 25 euros each
    from Sixt for each time they've provided your i.d. to the police. What a
    great way to make extra profit ! I can't imagine how many extra euros
    they make each year. I suspect that almost every North American who
    rents a car from Sixt ends up paying them multiple 25 euro charges long
    after you thought you'd paid your bill.

• Si
    SixtSwindle Jun 22, 2014

NEVER, EVER HIRE/RENT FROM SIXT! When I went to pick up the car at Malaga airport I told the agent that I had already purchased collision damage waiver insurance through the booking agent, rentalcars.com. The agent lied to me and said that the insurance I purchased through rentalcars.com was not valid. In addition, the agent added glass and tire insurance, which I did not ask for. Since I had a very early flight, I did purchase the petrol refill, which was exorbitant! When I next looked at my email there was a message from rentalcars.com warning me NOT to purchase insurance from Sixt because it was not necessary-the rentalcars.com insurance covered everything! When I complained the company did not offer any refund or compensation of any kind. Since then I have read numerous reviews from others that have had the same experience, or worse. Their business model is based on defrauding their customers. Sixt is the absolute WORST rental car/car hire experience I have EVER had!

• Ke
    Keith disgruntled Taylor Apr 06, 2014

I rented a car from Sixt in Buenos Aires, originally from the downtown office by mistake as their website lead one to believe they had an office at the airport. Foolishly, I signed with a prepayment due to their inexpensive price believing the pick-up was at the airport. They charged me twice for the rental but luckily the Visa company discovered the error and one was cancelled. After many many emails, the reservation was changed as a "meet and greet" at the airport. The pick-up went well but there was no agent waiting when returning the car. We videotaped the entire rental with a newspaper proving the date and flew home. Two weeks has passed and we still haven't received the final bill with the extra charged for the "meet and greet" service. Is there a time limit for a rental agency to charge customers?

• Ke
    Keith canadian Dec 27, 2013

Fraud is the reason why the toll-free number is not printed on ALL reservation forms. The agent told me that the original reservation at Cerrito 1314 in Buenos Aires was secure and that the "meet and greet" reservation switched to Ezeiza Airport was cancelled without charge.

I have a series of complaints. (1) The online reservation form leads on to believe that cars can be reserved at Ezeiza when obviously they cannot, or if they can, the form should state what models are available when using the Ezeiza sector. I was never told through all email contacts that that was the problem.and I'm still unsure. When filling in the form for Ezeiza it simply states "Unfortunately, we can't confirm your reservation for the required period". This statement is totally obscure the the customer and it should state exactly what the problem is such as wrong model- wrong dates, -we cannot supply any cars at the airport et cetera. (2) no car company should ask for prepayment; I know of none but Sixt that does. It creates all sort of problems to the customer. (3) the "meet and greet" option is totally obscure. I and everyone I have conversed with believes this to mean that an agent will meet the customer with the reserved car at any point including your hotel with the rental for an extra fee. This is what I was expecting, that the rental from Cerrito would be waiting for me at the airport for some $350 Canadian extra. This is certainly what is expected in North America using this phrase. Why can this not be done when the airport is only 30 kilometres from Cerrito? Makes no scenes to me. (4) a Sixt shuttle service should be available to the downtown location from the airport.

• Gf
    G. Frister Dec 09, 2013

Beware. DO NOT rent from SIXT car rental in France.