Searssears agent order the wrong item

I am sending this email in regards to Order # [protected]. The reason I would like to return this item is because this item isn’t the item I purchased. Per another Sears’s representative, it is my understanding that an error was made by the Sears representative (Andy). I went to Sears to purchase a DVD/VHS recorder. Andy informed me that the store no longer had the item I wanted, but he could order it for me online. When I received the package, I was surprised to find that that the item I received did not match the item I originally wanted to purchase. In order to resolve this I have made several attempts: I tried to return the package to Sears Department store. I talked to several case management representatives (Maria Brown, April, Zack, Robin, to name a few). However, the issue has not been resolved nor have I a received a return slip (postal paid slip) or credit card adjustment. Per Sears electronic store I was told that since this package was an on line purchase, I needed to return it via the on-line return address. But how is this possible when there was no return receipt in the package? I feel that because there was no return receipt within the package and the lack of attention I’m receiving, I’m being force to keep a purchase I didn’t order. Therefore, this should require immediate attention, because I feel that I shouldn’t be forced to pay for something I didn’t order. Please explain why I have not received an honest attempt from a Sears representative to fix this error. Please reply back to this email with your response, ASAP.

Sincerely, Rita Kimbrough

Rita.S.[protected]@us.hsbc.com

RESOLVED

• Sears's response · Aug 30, 2011

To Rita Kimbrough,

I'm sorry that you received the incorrect item after purchasing a DVD/Video Recorder online. I also apologize for the lack of customer service that you've received from various Sears associates. We do value your business and we would like to help you resolve this issue. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the DVD recorder was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Rita Kimbrough) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.