Sears Auto Centerpoor service!

I bought a set of new tires from a mail order company. I needed to have the tires mounted and balanced, so I took the vehicle to Sears Automotive. After I signed the paper work, I left and came back about 1.5 hours later to pick up my car. Before I left the packing lot, I inspected all the four tires and wheels to make sure they were installed properly. I discovered that all four of my alloy wheels are scratched all around the lug holes. Also the wheels were gouged in the inner edge of the rim. The pattern were uniform and about 2-3 inches long. In addition, there were several places where the paint was peeling off. I told one of the technician and took some pictures. The technician told me that he would notified the Manager to call me the next day, so I left. The next day, no phone call, I called the store again and was told that the Manager had just left. He promised me that the Manager will call me tomorrow.

Finally the next day the Manager (Jay) called and told me to bring my car there. He inspected the wheels and told me that their machine didn't cause the damages. He admitted that the scratches around the lug holes were caused by his technician as the marks were obvious that they were freshly done. He kept telling me that the damages could be caused by hitting the curb. I told him that I would have damage the tire wall first before it could damage the inner edge of the rim. In addition the pattern were uniform. How can you get a uniform pattern by hitting the curb? He was very argumentative and kept pointing out that their machine would not do such damages. I asked him, how about a human error? He said yes, human error is possible, but still did not want to admit. No apology whatsoever even though he admitted that the scratches around the lug holes were caused by his technician. He told me that all he could do was offering me a free oil change... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? These wheels are OEM 17 inches Mercedes Benz wheels that I purchased for $2000 a set a few years ago. I didn't ask him for a set of brand new wheels, but I asked him to have the wheels repaired.

To cut the story short, he was only willing to offer to waive half of the installation fee ($47) or sell me a set of new wheels "at cost." He showed me a set of 17" cheap wheels for $380. He said that he could sell them to me for $340. What a joke, Sears offers 10% discount on all items from time to time on many major holidays and on customer appreciation day,no coupon needed...certainly he was not selling at cost! This guy is like a car salesman from hell. I told him that I did not feel valued as a customer. He said that I did not even purchased the tires from them, so it did not matter. Obviously this guy is not a customer oriented person. I'm not sure why he can be a Manager at a major company such as Sears. By the way, this was my first experience with Sears auto center and certainly be the LAST! I told him that I didn't think his offer was fair and asked him what was the next step. He said that even if I filed a complaint to the corporate office, they would go to him and I didn't have a case because they would listen to him. SEARS needs to start listening to their customers rather than to their employees. As a customer, I feel "trapped" and don't have any choice but to take the lousy $47. This is the WORST customer experience ever. I will certainly spread the words around to all people I know so they won't make the same mistake I did. For those who read this post... STAY AWAY from Sears auto center especially the one in Clackamas, OR!

• Pu
    pudgie Apr 22, 2017

took my car to sears auto in exton pa to have 2 front struts put on and a Alignment done took my car home the next day my car was making a grinding noise took car to a local garage an was told it was a bad strut took car back to sears auto for the noise sears put my car on lift an said theirs nothing wrong with the strut an that I needed a rack an opinion took my car back to local garage for second opinion was told again don't need rack an opinion that the struts is bad took car back to sears the store manager was so rude he was yelling an using foul language...I left the auto in tears went back to local garage he called sears up made a appointment to go back to sears to get strut replace when I get to sears they didn't have the strut they had to order the strut again the store manager was rude other customer were in the auto center an hearing this guy go off on me they walked out..when I ask for a refund for the struts again I got a hard time I'm a woman who knows nothing about cars finally after 5 trips to sears I got all the money back

• Ci
    Cindy Feltman Turner Aug 25, 2016

This afternoon I brought my car to the Automotive Department at Westfield Broward Mall to have a nail removed from one of my tires and have a patch or plug put in at about 3:00 PM. I waited more than a half hour for a representative to get to me to ask about my problem. I explained my issue and he said they would get it done soon. This was at 3:35. I asked what time they closed and he said 7:00 PM. He never mentioned how many other cars were ahead of me. A friend picked me up and we went shopping and came back at approximately 6:45 PM. I went to retrieve my car and was informed that they had never done anything to it because there were 15 cars ahead of me. I wanted them to fix a flat not do a major tune-up. It might have taken 15 minutes to do. They wanted me to leave my car there overnight in an open parking lot and they would get to it in the morning. It would be ready "probably" around 10:00 AM. I asked for my key back and will take my business someplace more reliable. Needless to say, this is the last time I will be at Sears.

• Un
    unforgettablexperience May 21, 2016

I just went into the Titusville, Florida Sears location for an oil change and tire rotation. The guy behind the counter was slow as molasses and it took about 30 minutes just to drop off my vehicle because he couldn't figure out the computer. Supposedly he was a manager (what the business card stated according to his name tag) and was really rude. In the middle of our transaction he tells me I need to wait because he needed to call someone back. I asked if we could finish up because my husband and kids were waiting for me in the car.(this was about 20 minutes into the transaction)

The real trouble started about an hour later. He called me to tell me the oil change was done, but they wouldn't rotate my tires because they said the tread was too low. My tires aren't brand new, but still have enough life left that I didn't feel the need to buy new tires today. I go back to the shop to pick up my vehicle and again, he starts badgering me about my tires. I said I didn't feel I needed new tires at this time, and that I'd just like to pay for the oil change and leave. He then walks away. There was another guest behind me and we were talking about how rude and unprofessional he was being. About 7 minutes later he comes back. He took pictures of my vehicle with HIS PERSONAL CELL PHONE! He was trying to show me them, and when I told him I didn't want to see, just check me out and let me have my keys he refused. He told me my vehicle was a hazard and I didn't want to know the truth. Again, I asked to be checked out so I could leave. He refused and told me that he would need someone higher up to sign off because I refused to believe that my car was a hazard and wouldn't release my vehicle to me. He said that they (Sears Automotive) are liable. By that time I started cursing at him. I couldn't believe what I was going through just for a simple oil change. He told me to get out of his shop. I told him that's what I've been trying to do for the last 20 minutes, but you are refusing to take my payment and give me my keys. He would not complete the transaction, so thankfully, my husband was outside and I sent him in. Miraculously, he took payment from him and handed over my keys without a word of how "hazardous" my vehicle was. I was being harassed by this man because I was a female. My car was held hostage because I refused to purchase tires from Sears and now this nut job has personal photos of MY vehicle on his cell phone along with my home address because of the paperwork. I don't know what this nut job is capable of. I honestly thought I was going to have to call the police. I will NEVER step foot in Sears auto center again. I called Corporate and filed a report. Hopefully, they fire this man as he's a liability to their company.

• Co
    contact sears Dec 05, 2015

A simple oil change took over 3+ hours that was with appointment. Dropped the car off at Sears Auto service at 600 Mowry Ave, Newark, Ca 94560 @10:19am, went to pick it up @2:10pm. The car was still at the same spot. Sears Auto service had not touch my car. Talked to the customer service they had offered my key back. Thanks . Unprofessional service or they do not how to do the job and why are they still in business???

• Th
    TheyRipOff's Oct 16, 2013

I had my oil pan gasket replaced in Dec. 2012...two months after in late Feb. 2013 told them it was still leaking...brought it back again and was told that it's not coming from oil pan...that it was coming somewhere engine block...brought it to a local mechanic to put some dye and come back a week...and was told it is oil pan gasket itself that either it was too tight that the gasket itself was squeeze that has like tongue sticking out around the between the cover and and the pan. Brought it back again local had the neon blue light and was told oil around "is" oil pan gasket as I was right beside the mechanic and seen it for myself while hoisted. Therefore I brought it back to Sears week later...then a mechanice tells me "well in order to replace it we have to drop down your muffler line from manifold to get to it, but the muffler's line where connects to manifold bolts are rusted if it breaks from catalic coverter section that has to be replaced as well! and that if I do have it replace it's under warrantee the gasket only but I have to pay another oil change too! wtf! So i only had it change oil...it just didn't make any sense the original date of changing gasket in Dec. then put a oil..written sticker indicated oil change again in 3 months or 3k miles Manager gave me time to return it to have fixed in June 2013 wrote it under warrantee replaced since i don't drive my car too much it was due for another oil changed, Since it was almost for oil change and there's no noise or damaged with my muffler line unit..indeed it is rusty why not give it a try to replace the gasket? Manager is poor handling customer service, lack/under staff~!!!

• Ne
    Nelson Burgos Jul 13, 2013

Buen Dia soy Nelson Burgos resido en San Juan Puerto Rico y mi # de telefono es [protected] soy cliente de sears y sear auto desde hace mucho tiempo y normalmente llevo mi auto a alineacion, rotacion y balanceo de las gomas de mi auto en el sears auto de plaza las americas en hato rey. Ayer Julio 12, 2013 a las 8:00 pm fuen dia de los que normalmente llevo mi auto para dicho servicio y me atendio la gerente de turno Johan Ramos y se nego totalmente a brindarme el servicio que yo normalmente recibo sin ningun problema anteriormente, inclusive unos de los tecnicos me ofrecia con cortesia diferentes otros servicios y Johan Ramos gerente de turno en sus palabras decia que era botar el dinero despectivamente. En discucion le pedi que me diera el servicio que era lo unico que queria y se volvia a negar y los otros clientes miraban y escuchaban y ella (Johan Ramos) sin importarle que yo andare con mi familia ( esposa, hijos, madre, padre) levanto discusion y malos ratos en ellos y en mi personalmente. Luego le pedi que si no me iba a dar el servicio que me lo diera por escrito y ella sedio y lo autirizo, voy a sears auto por que siempre eh pensado que dan un buen servicio para tu auto y para uno como persona, no dejen que personas como estas cambien nuestra forma de pensar como clientes. Les agradezco su atencion, gracias Att. Nelson Burgos

• Ge
    getitrightorbresponsible May 14, 2012

I had great service with Sears and everyone was quite friendly and helpful until I went to clean my vehicle, looked in the trunk and noticed they forgot to put the spare tire back in...When I called I was deemed ignorant as to where my spare is located in my very own car of which I had to put the spare on before driving it to Sears and a liar due to the fact that the employee/technician swore he put the spare in, so I do agree that they take the words of the employee over the customer, but in this case, unless I parked at some radioactive nuclear site where spare tires disintegrate, where is it? This guy should just admit his mistake on misplacement of the spare and failure to put it in its proper place, my trunk, instead I have to call corporate

• Ks
    k-slice Mar 21, 2011

What a whiner. It probably was your fault. Tire machines are designed to not scratch wheels and the balance never touches the outer edge of the rim. You probably damaged your rims then got new tires and tried to pin the damage on the tech. When they wouldn't kiss your a** and give you new rims which you don't deserve you got pissed and wrote this piece of garbage complaint.
    You drive a mercedes so you're most likely a cheapskate a**hole, and I'm probably right about what you did. Sears AC takes good care of their customers, despite what this sniveling little b**** says.

• Si
    Sing Jul 10, 2010

Oh, yes...STAY FAR AWAY FROM SEARS!!!THEIRSVC IS HORRIFIC!!!I purchased 4 tires and was told the price included the allignment, and also there was a 4 yr waurantee...It is only 3 yrs ago, and I wa told to bring the car in that they tires would be replaced or fixed at no cost to me...HA!!!I have talked to the manager(Independence Mall, Kingston, Ma)andhe replaced 1 tire because the 2 mechanics that tried to pull a screw out...Unsuccessfully...So he said that yes, they werestill under waurantee, and that the other 3 tires were fine...I was then told no allignment was ever done, because it was never paid for...They didn'thave it in the computer...Let me tell you a story about a technician in Hanover Mall, Ma that said he did an oil change, I paid for it, and my 2 year old car seized on the high way!!!I weent back to the store, and they could not findme in the computer!I didn't keep my receipt...So, bye bye 2 year old car...Now don't say stupid for buying tires...I was stuck at the Kingston Mall and figured how can you mess up tires????OMG!!!To those that say"Oh, I never have probs with Sears...You can learn yorown lesson...They are a bunch of idiots!I went to get my inspection sticker, and the big fat "R" for rejection says it all!I called the Sears auto back, and was told themanager was out...I called regional and District manager...TheDistrict manager wouldn'tgive me the time of day, andI called the regional mgr who saidhe was on vacation, andwould talk to the district mgr...Noone evergot back to me, so I called corp...They called the store mgr, who now said that my tires were no longer under warantee, bcus it was not only 4 yr warantee, it was 36, 000 miles...whichever came 1st...

• Gi
    gitaya Feb 26, 2010

why would you take Mercedes anything to a Sears automotive? if you want to have Mercedes Benz auto and or wheels then don't be a chump and take the MB to an MB automotive. expensive yes but who is better than Mercedes Benz when it comes to automotive superiority! i used to own a 1961 MB and NEVER would i have taken it to any SEARS. you paid for what you where obviously to cheep to properly care for. and by the way i used to also use sears automotive for my small fleet of work trucks for 3 decades and never had your problems with them!? maybe look at your approach next time.

• Xc
    xczv Aug 15, 2009

STAY AWAY from Sears auto center especially the one in Clackamas, OR!

Redmond-WA too.

I had yesterday very bad experience from Sears Manager.

STAY AWAY from Sears auto center especially the one in Redmond-WA

• Ng
    ngiddy Jun 13, 2009

Haha, I love it when people try this one! (Not to be insensitive or anything). I work for a Sears Auto Center in a high end area. We have had several people lately try to blame our Sears for damage to wheels. It has gotten ridiculous trying to even work because now we have to document absolutely every little blemish on the wheel and vehicle so that sears does not have to pay for wheels that they did not damage. I have even taken pictures of a couple of wheels for documentation because I got tired of noting the 18 different blemishes on the surface of wheels, (and still had a customer try and scam sears, maybe it was just sheer lack of looking at their wheels before they got sparkly new tires put on.) Either way, please be decent human beings and stop blaming sears for CURB RASH on your wheels.

Sorry, this actually was not all directed at the author of this complaint, I just wish that people would stop scamming Sears. I absolutely love my job, but when I have actually sat back and watched the technicians do the job correctly, and then have the customer come back demanding money for something that we didn't damage, unfortunately that puts me on defense for the rest of my customers who actually do have a problem

• Le
    Leanne Jan 28, 2009

I had flat tire so i came to Sears and replaced my two front tires. I got two michelin tires, it cost me almost $500 for two tires. I drove the car from exactly 1 week and i parked my car in front of my work place and a customer came in and notified me that my car got a flat tire on front driver side. I then called Sears and brought my car to Sears on my lunch time with the help of my boyfriend to put spare tire on and got back to work late. All of that was fine because i thought it would be the problem from the car. By the end of the day i came to pick up my car, the lady who worked in there told me that the " rim is crack ", i told her that i came in with a flat tires and came back a week later for Rim crack and that causing flat tires because it does not keep air good. The only thing she said to me was " i think you hit the curv or something that causing the rim crack" does it make sense????...anyway she did not responsible at all about that, I request to put spare tire on again and came home. I almost got a new factory rim from Mercedes ( cost about $300-$400) and it had to be order. It was weekend so i stucked at home can't do anything...just staying home. I then found a place that has all different type of rims for all cars. I called them..and found out that they can repair the rim. Again this is better because it only cost me $175 but i still had to wait 1 day to get it done. I picked up the rim and i went to Costco and Sams to get an estimate for the rear tires. I then again found out something that really upset me that Sears put on a wrong type of tires on for me, because my car is a sport type of car that needs a higher performance tires as the book said and recommended. I was so mad about Sears service so sloppy ! I I called Sears and some lady got on phone and not being so nice to me when i said i need to return the tires and she does not know what she is talking about, so anyway, she put her Manager on phone and i spoke to him, he said " I probably hit the deep or bumps that crack my rim, and they only change tires so they dont look at the rim and whatever with the rim is not their fault!, he also said that the tires they put on for me is still okie for my car!...and sounds like he cant do return! so i asked him " is it a NO ? that you dont take my return tires" he can't asnwer me that and then after that he was little nicer, he told me to bring the tires in and he might talk to MIchelin into exchange the tires to the one that i suggest beacuse Michelin don't allow return! ...what kind of service is this ? and how rude?...they cause me so much trouble and said that was not their fault or responsibility and what about Sears will make customers satisfy with their product and workmanship while workmanship is not even fair. THey all try to give me a hard time. I paid for the service to fix the problem not to have more problem causing me sooo much inconvinience. Do i have the right to speak up and get my money back for this ? I cant think of any reason why i can't return my tires. So, i will come in and talk to that manager on the weekend...i sure dont want any service because i dont feel safe or trust any more..and this is my first time but they ruin it!.

• Me
    MeggiePie Jan 07, 2009

I just wanted to post another bad expereince with Sears. I am actually on hold right now 13 minutes and counting... asking about my car, which has been in their shop for 6 days now.

Let me give you the awful background:

I took my car in to get a simple oil change...nothing special. Some toolbox decided to strip the bolt that goes into the oil pan and then not tell anyone. He passed it off as being fine, and let me drive away. I am pretty sure that when you strip a bolt, it keeps turing, and it is obvious that there is something wrong.

Now, I am a cliche giel, and I dont know much about cars, but I know that when my car that is pretty new, and has never leaked oil... and when there was a puddle of oil underneath the car in the garage-- there was a problem!

When I took it back in, I assumed that there was nothing major, and that someone must have forgot to tighten the oil cap...but no, it turns out that becuase this person stipped this bolt and gasket or something... the whole under part of the car needs to be taken apart. The guy who looked at it tried to blame it on the previous company who changed my oil... too bad I took it to Sears the previous time too.

This is a nightmare... and I am not able to get a hold of anyone, I dont know if they have replaced the part that they are talking about because I am still on hold... 18 minutes and counting...Lets see if I ever get my car back, or if it is just going to be even more messed up. :(

MIMI Sep 19, 2008

Well...I was going to have my brakes done at Sears but when I called I got horrible service from the technician who answered the phone who did not give a proper breakdown as to what they would need to do, why they need to do it, and the cost. So when I indicated that I felt we were having a communication problem (because he was not answering what I was trying to get answered) he responded by stating that we do not have a communication problem, but that "You have a communication problem". I did call the on call manager directly after that and filed a complaint. He did give me much better service and was able to properly answer all my questions asked. However, I think spoke with my Sr. Mechanic friend in another state who works as the lead mechanic for a major National Dealer and he advised me NOT to go to Sears as they do not have a fair reputation in the industry. He advised me to go to Firestone or Good year.

mike 35z Aug 25, 2008

You can take this to court and win a judgement in your favor. Take photos of the damage. Explain to the court the exact circumstances. Sears most likly will give you a fair market replacment value for the wheels if they are smart. If they decide to go to court, I am confindent the judge will rule in your favor. It is very important to do this as soon as possible. Taking this to your local small claims court should be inexpensive and easy to do. Don't let Sears get away with their inferior workmanship. You should also send a written complaint to their main office, and to the local division managers office.

Michael Jul 31, 2008

It is great to read the reports on these sites. I bought Good Year tires from Sears, I hit a road hazzard on the highway, now they think I should pay for a new tire because I didn't want to purchase road hazzard. How dare they treat me like that? Or, I bought LT235/85-16E tires for my honda civic and they are rough riding. Sure, you put 10 ply truck tires on your car. I believe that.

• Al
    Al Jun 30, 2008

I had an excellent experience getting my car serviced at a Sears Automotive Store, on a Sunday no less. I plan to go back there for tires. No, I don't have any relatives or friends who work there.

Why is this guy paying $2k for wheels and then ordering his tires through the mail?

• Jf
    jf Jun 27, 2008

First if you drive a mercedes go back to the dealer. i'am an auto tech ever body ### about service is so ###. Well if everybody wasn't a damn tech everybody thinks they can do it better. But you ###s always seem to bring in the job you did yourself trying to save a buck and f----- it all up and want it fixed for cheap. We diag. the problem that can't be it i don't need that that cost to much ti takes how long i hear it everyday. It pisses me off so bad. and for the ### with th MB go to the dealer for service or try tire rack next time.

• Ge
    GetReal Jun 12, 2008

"There are over 500-600 Sears Automotive locations nationwide so of course you are going to run into problem from time to time, that is the nature of the game."

Let me remind Bb that getting your car fixed is NOT A GAME. "Fixing" a car improperly can and has caused death. The old "oops guess I made a boo-boo" is unacceptable. If a mistake is made, own up to it and do your best to rectify the situation. PERIOD. (That's called customer service. Sears' National Customer Service is a JOKE. Do not waste your time.) Or, as I'm about to do because of my ridiculous experience at a TN Sears Auto Center, be prepared to explain your actions in court. PERIOD.

Sears Auto has a history of fraud and has paid out the whazoo in class action lawsuits for performing unnecessary repairs on cars.

Quoted:
    "When undercover cars in California and New Jersey caught Sears Auto Centers selling unnecessary repairs in 1992, many people were surprised to learn that the company had quotas, sales commissions, and contests that encouraged the sale of additional repairs. Consumer advocates said those practices were responsible for the problems at Sears, but the company initially denied that anything improper had occurred. Sears claimed that replacing good parts before they fail was "a common practice in the industry" and tried to pass it off as preventive maintenance. The company later admitted that "mistakes did occur" and agreed to pay $8 million to settle the California charges. Sears also agreed to make restitution to 900, 000 customers nationwide and they discontinued the use of quotas, commissions, and contests."

For those consumers reading this... Google it... check it out. Do the research. I only wish I had before I gave them the opportunity to try and screw me over. We'll see what the judge has to say about it. Sears is back to it's old tricks or probably... never really said goodbye to them as long as they didn't get caught.

• Bb
    BB Jun 07, 2008

Well, I actually work for Sears Automotive, most likely the problem was done by a worker. I do agree that the manager was a [censored] in not acknowledging the problem saying that the holes for the lugnuts were caused by the employee, but when all of the outsides are scratched in a uniform patten something seems strange. I would definitely talk with an H.R. person or the Sears automotive support. And like most complaints, all it takes is a one bad CSA (customer service associate), or manager to screw thing up for everyone else reading this post or many like it. There are over 500-600 Sears Automotive locations nationwide so of course you are going to run into problem from time to time, that is the nature of the game. From an associate, i am terribly sorry about your problem with the automotive department, and hope you have better luck elsewhere. I cannot disclose my personal name as being that I would for Sears.

• Mj
    MJ May 13, 2008

Pretty typical. Someone trying to cry and get something for free, getting rejected and crying on the internet about it. Take your 17 inch oem mercedes wheels to the dealer to get tires mounted on them if youre so worried about poor service. Stop being cheap.

• So
    Soldier 1st Feb 26, 2008

I feel your'e pain, I have been doing biz with Sears for years. And I have just had my case of seriously bad service. I went in for a second call on noise my Grand Cherokee was making. Come to find out the lower bolt on the caliper was stripped and had fallen out. Thus causing the whole assembly to move when turning left, and making a grinding sound.
    They told me it was the hub bearings, so I had it replaced at which time the bolt was first noticed and corrected, or at least so we thought. Well it wasn't the bearsings as previously siad by Sears, but the bolt. Oh did I mention to tell you that Sears didn't see the missiong bolt ?! It wasn't untill I pulled the tire off to replace the hub bearings that I attempted to fix it, but it obviously didnt take.
    Well they pull off the R/R tire before somebody tells him or he notices it's the wrong tire. They then pull the F/R, note the problem bolt that tire back on and drive it out for me to leave. They state they can't or dont fix them, no problems i'll take it to Pep Boys. Well on my way down the street I feel a wobble and shimmhy!..Im like whoa..do I have something loose back there or what? So continuing down the road, but slowly, I'm trying to figure out whats causing the problem. So I pull over to a lot, only to find out the mechanic never tightened up the R/R tire lug nuts. The tire was coming off as I was driving and had I kept on, would have came off completely. I had either lost 2 lugz or he never put them back on.
    Luckly I had my tools box and a jack, so I tighten up whats left and return to Sears. The manager isn't there, so I talk to the asst. and he make an incident report. So i'm waiting on a call back to see how were going to handle this. Its tues afternoon as I write this, the incident happened two days ago.

• Bo
    bob Feb 17, 2008

Just another customer trying to get something for nothing any body who works in retail sees this every day.Why didnt the guy bring the car to a dealership with expensive rims like that sounds like a scam artist

• Bj
    BJ Roberts Feb 12, 2008

Let's stick to the real issue here, a POOR SERVICE is a POOR SERVICE. It does not matter what kind of car you drive... Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes, Geo metro. If you pay for goods or services, then you ARE a customer. I don't think there is anything wrong with buying tires through mail orders. Sometimes local tire stores do not always carry certain types or brands. I am in need to get my tires mounted and I'm glad to find this board. Sears is not the cheapest when it comes to auto/tires service. Les Schwab has a better price.

OP just posting his experience to warn other people, I don't see anything wrong with that. Thanks OP for posting this. I feel sorry that you were screwed by some idiot Manager at Sears. A person who has such unprofessional attitude certainly does not deserve to earn the title Manager. I agree with DonaldRump, you should write to the corporate office. I've had good experience shopping with Sears so far(not their auto center in particular). The bigger the company, the harder for them to manage their employees. This is a true example of one bad employee can ruin the company reputation. Most of big companies are doing survey now to get their customer feedback for this reason.

By the way, why are you so ticked off haha? Do you work for that store? or are you the idiot Manager? At least Steve Wrightington is man enough to post his name... not like you little man (where's your tutu). I'm sure he can take you down with one punch.

• Ha
    Haha Feb 10, 2008

So let me get this straight: You bought tires somewhere else, and being a cheap ### (who drives a mercedes to seem like they have money) you went to Sears to have them mounted? I'm glad your rims got messed up.

And you are infact NOT a customer, you're a typical cheap shopper who acts like every business he walks into is a government run public service.

Oh, and Steve Wrightington AKA the angry whitetrash redneck:
    Nothing says mature like resorting to violence. You do realize that by hitting someone you will infact be arrested, and most likely sued? This isnt 1860 there tuff guy. You better stop acting like such a badass or you may just lose your trailerhouse in a lawsuit.

• St
    Steve Wrightington Dec 01, 2007

I feel sorry for the man he was honest i think the tech at sears was a jerk .. im a customer of sears and if the manager ever talked that crap to me i break his jaw right in front of everybody .. there wouldnt be no bull it be over in 3 seconds he be on the floor holding his jaw together . thats what some of these punk managers need is a good beaten .

• Te
    tekmach Oct 19, 2007

"And How!"

Bought 4 tires + alignment, oil change, etc at Sears Automotive in Redlands, CA - attached to the local KMart. Spent about $900. Alignment is the issue - went back twice to get it right. Then 3 months later took it back because car was drifting to the right, plus I had a grinding noise from the front left brakes. I left for an hour (this was during my lunch hour). When I got back they said nothing was wrong, all the way around.

BUT - there was no report that normally comes with an alignment, why not? - because they didn't even check it out!

So even though I could have taken it back again due to being under warranty, I went to their neighbor Tire Guys, ASE and AAA certified. Guess what? Three of the wheels were out of alignment, PLUS all four tires were on backwards based on the way the tread was supposed to face due to the type of tire (tread made to direct water away)! Tire Guys rotated the tires and oriented correctly, no charge.

Moral of the story? - pay more and get a real mechanic. At least one that can put tires on correctly!

• Me
    Melissa Oct 08, 2007

My husband took the car in to Sears Auto Center in the University Square Mall in Tampa Florida. I called them to see if they could look at the tire and see if they could repair it and if they could do it that night. It was a Monday night and raining. My husband was there for three hours and there were people waiting there that have been there all day. So eventually they never got around to him. We ended up having to leave the car there. They were also understaffed. I went to pick up my husband in the rain and when I got there I saw them drive the car with a flat tire.

They called us back as soon as we got home and told us the car would be ready in the morning to pick up by 7:30 am. When we got there Tuesday morning the tire was not fixed nor was it even on the car. So eventually they fixed the tire and found a leak and was able to repair it, but we had to wait for it.

When they pulled the car around, the side panels on the car were detached from the side of the car. They had popped both side panels on the car. We ended up having to take it to Toyota and paying $280.00 in repairs because they do not know how to jack up a car properly. Toyota had stated that on my paperwork. We tried to contact to sears but they will not give us any information and are claiming its not there fault. I will never take my car there again.

• Ap
    a p king Sep 06, 2007

Just another tire shopper trying to get something for free. Did it ever occur to you to buy the product where it is installed? Probably not but you saved $40 bucks on the tires costing you far more in wheels.

• Do
    donaldrump Jul 10, 2007

Take it to there corporate offices or call the store and ask for the corporate offices number and then call them and file a complaint don't take his word for it he is hoping you will or he wouldn't have said that they would just come to him and believe him. That is completely wrong sears is a large corporation and they will take action. Do not delay do it now.