Menu

complaints

Ryobi Tools Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
93 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Ryobi Tools with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Ryobi Tools has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ryobi Tools. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Ryobi Tools complaints 94

Sort by:

Newest Ryobi Tools complaints

P
2:46 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Customer Service

World's worst customer service

World's worst customer service, not to mention poor battery product quality. We bought a Ryobi electric lawnmower a year ago and while the mower itself is fine, we have already had to replace one dead battery of the 2 we bought. Now the 2nd battery has croaked. It is IMPOSSIBLE to reach the in-warranty battery replacement service by telephone or the exciting "new" live chat service they tout. 2x over 1 hour on hold before giving up, and the robot chat bot is a [censored] unable to answer any question after telling us "Thank you for contacting us. Due to high volume our SMS associates are not currently available. Please try again in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience." So much for instant results by chat! This reply was followed by stupid unrelated answers to our questions.. Without a doubt the WORST customer service we have ever encountered, not to mention a crap product. Why on earth would we ever buy RYOBI again?

Desired outcome: Being able to reach in a reasonable time an actual live human. And make a decent product that lasts at least as long as the warranty!!!!

4:47 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools 40v self propel lawnmower

I bought the lawnmower May of last year from Home Depot in Lake Park, have issue with self propel levers shutting off engine when engaged. Called support, they gave me 2 service providers, one had 30 waiting on repair parts and was not taking on anymore, other one only worked on power tools. Called back, 3 hours later they responded with a provider in Lakeland, Florida, 160 miles from where I live, sending me shipping label, could be several weeks without it. Ridiculous! Escalated phone call, absolutely no help, obviously an issue with these mowers, very disappointed in Ryobi, now have to hire someone to have lawn taken care of. They need to do better!

Desired outcome: Does anyone know service company that will do warranty work close to North Palm Beach, Florida?

10:20 am EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi 40volt HP 730 Leaf Blower

Purchased this blower December 4th, 2021. It has a 5-year warranty. So, it starts to fail, speed control on it not working properly. Failing. Have tried 4 different fully charged batteries on it.

It is registered and I do have original paperwork.

Contacted Ryobi via messaging and was told to take it to a service center for repair.

Closest center some 30 miles away and I need the blower NOW to clean my yard and gutters from fall leaves.

Reason I bought this tool is that I have other Ryobi 40volt tools that the same battery works with, and a 5-year warranty.

So now I have a soon to be junk blower unless I want to run all over the place trying to get it serviced.

My wife bought me a brand new one this past weekend, so I would have a working tool.

I am not even going to open the box and will be taking it back for full refund this week.

Who needs this sort of support?

Desired outcome: Replacement blower would be nice.

Is Ryobi Tools legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Ryobi Tools as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 1% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Ryobi Tools stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Ryobi Tools should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Ryobi Tools earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Ryobi Tools achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Ryobi Tools. The company provides a physical address, 8 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Ryobi Tools has received 7 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Ryobi Tools has registered the domain name for ryobitools.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Ryobitools.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Ryobi Tools website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Ryobitools.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Ryobitools.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Ryobi Tools, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Ryobi Tools as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several positive reviews for Ryobi Tools have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Ryobi Tools website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Ryobitools.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Ryobi Tools has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 1% of 94 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Ryobi Tools protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
K
12:10 am EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi [protected] generator

I have bought not one but two Ryobi [protected] generators in the past year. The first one sheered the pin off and broke rod after 3weeks of using it 4hours a day to charge cordless batteries to remodel my home. But could not return it because I had bought it 3 months before I used it. And the second died after 3rd time we used it and won't start. It acts like it's out of time. It backs through the carburator and won't start. Again both had less than 75 hr run times and both could not be returned. I'm out $2000.00 and still no generator to finish remodeling my home that caught fire. And customer service at home Depot and Ryobi gives me the run around. And no one wants to help fix problem.

Desired outcome: I would like them both to be refunded or replaced but If not at least one of them be refunded or replaced would satisfy me.

10:04 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

RYOBI MOWER ELECTIC MODEL RY401015US REVIEW 3 Months in the shop for repair. That is one entire season, an actual quarter, or 25% of a year to replace 2 controller boards. Total labor? 1 hour. Out of 2100 hours I waited, it took 1 hour to fix it. As an added highlight to my experience, I had to pay $25 as a deposit. Deposit for what? I have no idea. It...

7:27 am EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi power washer

A little over 3 years ago I bought the Ryobi 14122 Power Washer, I had no issues with it until Sept 3, 2023. I kept the power washer out of inclement weather.

I went to use the power washer and found that the water inlet for the hose and come out. I couldn't get it back in ... I called several places and called Ryobi to buy the part that's needed. Only to find out it's been discontinued, SURPRISE!

I now have a power washer that I have used only a few times and can no longer use because of a discontinuance and unable to use in the future.

I don't understand why the part is discontinued as I'm sure there were more than one sold. What am I supposed to do with this power washer?

I'm retired and can't really afford to buy another.

Desired outcome: a new washer inlet for the hose ORanother power washer from RYOBI

L
6:44 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to you because I seem to not be able to get any straight answer from RYOBI's customer service team there in Anderson, South Carolina or wherever they are located. My latest problem started back in May of this year when I called and asked for an authorized repair shop for my then RY401011 model push mower that was then under warranty. I wa...

W
8:18 am EDT

Ryobi Tools RY401140us

Purchased on 5/22/22 stopped cutting on 8/3/23 customer service gave me service shop information on that date I called and had to leave a voice call with the brand and failure no return call next day I drove to the repair center with the unit met with the owner explained the problem he said sorry I m not taking in anymore ryobi mowers I have 35 here now and having a problem getting parts now I knew why I had no return call the day before he said to call him back in 3 weeks I am 82 yrs old and need my mower now. Walter hart 31 alice drive manchester, ct 06042 tel.#[protected] help please, also my email is [protected]@msn.com

Desired outcome: a replacement asap

2:25 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Electric ryobi riding mower model ry48110

Purchased Model RY48110 on 8/4/2019 and it has 3 yrs warranty.

Summer of 2020 the mower would do one of the following after running the mower 30 minutes;

1. Stop moving forward and beep while the blade is still running.

2. Stop the mower blade and beep 3 times.

3. Stop the blade and no beeping.

The electric fuel gauge was also showing full prior to running the mower and when the problem would start show less than 1/2 full.

I've called Ryobi's service called TTI Group NA (North America) on 11/3/2020 and they warrantied service for the mower.

After multiple calls with TTI Group NA and having the mower worked on 4 different times it never worked for more than 6 months before the problem would happen again.

I reached out to TTI Group NA recently and a supervisor's response is below.

"Based on the symptoms the mower is showing it appears there is an issue with the batteries. Unfortunately, you are outside of the warranty at this point, and we would not be able to cover a repair for you. I am more than happy to provide you with the closest service center option for you or provide you with the part number for the batteries and contact information for our parts distributor if you would rather go that route. Let me know which you prefer and I'll gather the information you need."

Desired outcome: I would like to have a full refund for the purchase price or a replacement of a mower that will work for the warranty period of 3 yrs without any issues.

E
1:03 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi 40V Mower RY401014

I have had my 40V self propelled mower for just over a year. Last year it worked great, and I was so happy with it, that I purchased a weed trimmer and hedge cutter. I liked all of them, and made sure I cared for them just as the instructions stated, brought both the tool and batteries inside for the winter, etc.

This year, after just two uses, I noticed that the mower was starting to stop and go on its own. Blade kept spinning, just the self propelled mechanism was acting up. After the third use, I noticed it getting worse, so I got in touch with Ryobi, as it is still under warranty (just under a year owned at this time). First I tried several times to email a complaint, but didn't receive one reply (about a week lapsed), so after that I tried their on line chat service, who told me that the closest authorized repair shop was 92 miles away, one way. They gave me three other options, all which were even further. So I decided to call and speak to someone directly at customer service (literally waited 5 hours on the phone and then decided to use the call back feature). The first person I spoke with explained the same thing, so I even tried asking about a service shop closer to my parents house in Muskegon (I live in Kalamazoo), figured if I had to drive that far, I could at least visit and not waste the trip. Nope, the closest shop to them was up in Traverse City, which was more than double the distance.

I asked at that point to speak to their manager, who over the phone sounded less happy to want to help me. I specifically asked if there were any shops closer, or perhaps would be closer in the next couple weeks. I was told they didn't have that information. So I was stuck with La Porte IN, K Tool & Fire as my closest option. She said if I didn't want to drive I could ship it there, and that Ryobi would pay to ship it back. But shipping would cost more than the mower was worth?

So I decided to drive my mower down to La Porte IN (over 180 miles round trip), which also meant taking the morning off work. When I arrived, I presented the copy of my receipt, explained what the issue was, and was told right away that was a common problem, and pointed to their back room where you could see a long line of Ryobi mowers, the guy told me he had 21 mowers all with the same issue. He said they use cheap parts in the transmission, and that usually Ryobi chooses to warranty it out and ship a new replacement mower. Coincidentally, the day I brought my mower in, June 12th, 2023, was a year to the date from the day I purchased it originally.

To add insult to injury, I received an email the weekend after taking my mower to La Porte IN, which told me that there were two service shops I could take my mower to in Grand Rapids (28 miles away). I tried replying back that I was very unhappy, that they could have told me when I specifically asked. But it didn't make any difference. My mower was still in La Porte IN.

After 3-4 weeks of nothing, I decided to try contacting Ryobi again, but after waiting about an hour, the message said to try Ryobi on line chat, which I did and immediately got a message that it was out of service at that time. And there was no call back feature available this time. So I tried calling K Tool & Fire, and was told that they contacted Ryobi a couple of weeks ago to explain what parts they needed, and they hadn't heard back from Ryobi since. So a couple days later I tried calling again, but after being on hold for hours again, I tried their chat option, which worked this time. I explained everything, and they asked for the name and number of the service shop I took it to. You'd think they would have all of that on record anyway, but I gave it to them. Waited and they said there was no answer. They tried a couple more times, or so the said, but no answer, so they said they would email me when they got in touch. That was 4 days ago, and no email or reply from Ryobi.

Meanwhile it has been over a month since my lawn has been mowed. Luckily we have had a fairly dry summer until about a week ago, but my lawn looks horrible. And I live in an area where eventually I will get a fine if I let me lawn grow too long.

After thinking this morning, I wonder how many people have had poor customer service from Ryobi, and I was astounded with how much came up with just a simple search. On this site alone, only 1 in 84 responses have been resolved? That is ludacris! And after reading so many other similar cases, I fear it may be months yet before my situation is resolved? I was waiting to say anything to see if somehow Ryobi made the situation right, but my hope is diminishing.

This many cases and problems, I am surprised there isn't a lawsuit, or that the Better Business Bureau hasn't jumped in, not that there is much they can do either. At the minimum Ryobi should do better with communication, letting us know what is going on, and if it is going to take an longer time to resolve, they should pay for a lawn service, or pay for a rental mower of any kind to allow us to take care of our lawn, especially before those of us where it applies, receives a fine for unmoved lawns. I even mentioned that to the person I lived chatted with last, that if it takes much longer Ryobi should pay for basic lawn service to prevent a fine.

Mt Ryobi tools are great, when they worked. I haven't had any issues with my weed trimmer or hedge trimmer, but I am thinking twice about growing my collection, and will start being vocal about my situation so others may think twice before purchasing.

Desired outcome: I would like my mower repaired and returned, or a new unit shipped to me with a warranty should the same or similar issue arise, or Ryobi should cover the cost for lawn service to prevent from being cited by the township.

S
3:57 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Bad batteries

I have been a Ryobi customer for almost 20 years. I have filed a warranty claim for two 40v batteries back in February the entire time I have had their products. I called today to file a warranty claim on two 18v batteries and was denied and treated very poorly by their customer service and even worse by their manager. They basically told me to go away they were not going to cover those batteries for me.

I have almost every tool and yard tool they make, and will not be buying anything from this trash company ever again!

Very poor customer service!

Management is a joke and very rude!

Do not buy from Ryobi!

Desired outcome: Honor your warranties you crooks!!!!!

L
2:51 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools 25cc 2cycle trimmer straight head

To begin with I have bought 2 of these trimmers in 3 years.After 2 years with my first it became a no start.Not thinking anything of it last summer 2022,I buy another one.I used it twice in 2022 and now 3 times in 2023 and now this one does not start.I am pretty handy mechanically as I am a 28 year auto mechanic but I refuse to tinker with a machine that has only been used 5 times.So I call Ryobi customer service to speak to them about the warranty and at the time of writing this I have been on hold 2hours and 25 minutes.This is ridiculous by any standard! Will never buy again

Desired outcome: I would expect a free replacement as they advertise a 3 year warranty. I should not have to be bothered fixing it or taking it to be repaired

1:14 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi one patio cleaner RY 18PCA-1

I bought the patio cleaner on 4th May 23. It has been used for aprox 7hrs.

The none drive side plastic wheel has a 7mm slop /wobble .On close inspection

This fault is a design error. The wheel runs on a plastic to plastic bearing .this is not a sealed bearing subsiquently stone dust freely enters the bearing

and acts as an abrasive .I reported this to Ryobi Tech support and the didn’t seem to be concerned.

I would say another session of cleaning and the wheel will just be like some of the supermarket trolley wheels you occasionally come accross.

Desired outcome: A fit for purpose wheel module.

6:08 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools 40 V mower

I have a Ryobi 40V lawn mower. It's 2 years old and it started to stop for no reason until it didn't work at all. I googled it and it appears this is a common problem. Contacted Ryobi who sent me to a local repair shop. One week later they tell me Ryobi is sending a replacement which seemed great. Not so. I didn't hear anything for weeks so I contacted customer support. I was told it was " just approved" which was 2 weeks after it was sent in by the repair shop and they can't tell me when I will receive the new one other then 4-8 weeks which will be the entire summer. I asked for the supervisor. Same answer. Asked for complaints and they are the complaint line. So there is not a single thing I can do. Never buy Ryobi.

Desired outcome: Send me a credit to Home Depot to go get a replacement

12:56 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Batteries melting due to charger

I have called waited left messages over 3 months and no one will return my calls. I need a supervisor to finish the rma warranty replacement promised after sending all pic and records of the issue. Also site won't let me register my leaf blower but did my newer chainsaw. From this experience I won't use this company and will continue daily until I get this issue resolved. I will contact the bbb and home depot where I got the tools from and post everything about my bad experience and treatment.

Desired outcome: Wanted new batteries and charger that is a fire hazard and return old defects and registration of the leaf blower

7:20 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Melted battery and not registering my leaf blower

Its been about 2 months since I first email them on their us support email about the 2 batteries are melted I smelled it when I was in the garage and unhooked it. They said to send pics and receipts which I did. Then I get an email saying the are doing a rma and I told them I would send the defective items back. This could be a possible fire hazard. Now I don't get emails from the original email, just emails asking for surveys about customer service and even emails from other support counties. This has been the worst unprofessional experience that I have had in a long time. I am loyal to brands that are trusted and support is great. Apparently I made a mistake. I just want to use my chainsaw and leaf blower that would not allow me to register when I did the chainsaw and asked them to and sent the pic of model info. Still no word. I'm trying to find number or email to the president of the company because nothing is being done about this.

Desired outcome: receive new 18 lit batteries and return the old ones and bad charger back to them. And get my leaf blower registered like my chain saw. Just a simple task covered by warranty.

A
7:21 am EDT

Ryobi Tools Disappointed with Ryobi Tools: Battery Died and Warranty Failed

I recently bought a combo tools package from Home Depot and it was from Ryobi Tools. I was excited to use it for my tiny yard. However, after only three months of very light use, the battery died. I was disappointed and frustrated. I tried to contact their warranty and customer service folks to honor the warranty, but it was a total failure. They promised me twice since March that the replacement battery was on the way and it would take only 7-10 days. But it is now June and I still haven't received it. They also promised me an apology gift, but it seems like it's lost in the mail with the replacement battery.

I now have two Ryobi tools and no battery. If I have to buy another battery to replace the crappy one it came with, I will choose a reputable manufacturer and NEVER AGAIN RYOBI. Their website is terrible and I truly believe it's designed to make it impossible to actually connect with a representative. Every email I sent was ignored, the chat function was worthless, and every promise made on the chat was empty. Forget trying to call them because I spent hours on hold only to be placed in endless circular holding patterns.

If you're planning to buy Ryobi tools, I suggest you think twice. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's not worth the risk.

7:04 am EDT

Ryobi Tools Disappointing Warranty Service: Ryobi 18V Drill/Driver Review

I recently purchased a brand new 18V Drill/Driver from Home Depot, and I was excited to put it to use. However, after only 4 months, the two speed switch stopped working and I couldn't switch between speeds. I was disappointed, but I knew that Ryobi had a good reputation for their warranty service, so I sent it to the authorized warranty shop for repair.

It's been over six weeks since I sent it in, and I still haven't received my drill back. The shop quickly diagnosed the problem and ordered a replacement switch, but after 4 weeks of waiting, I called to check on the status and they were still waiting for the part. I called again today, and to my dismay, they were still waiting.

I decided to call Ryobi Customer Service to see if they could help me out. The representative I spoke to had a bit of an attitude, but I tried to remain calm and explain my situation. She told me that it was completely normal to wait up to 8 weeks for parts to be sent to repair shops. I was shocked! Two months to repair a drill that was only 6 months old? That's unacceptable!

I asked the rep if she could authorize a replacement for me, given the long delay, but she told me that because the part was not on backorder, they would not replace the drill. I was frustrated and disappointed. I couldn't believe that Ryobi would treat their customers this way.

Overall, I'm extremely disappointed with Ryobi's customer service. It's unacceptable for a 6 month old drill to fail, and then to have to wait up to two months to have it repaired. I hope that Ryobi will take this feedback seriously and work to improve their warranty service in the future.

V
5:40 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ryobi Tools Unreliable Product and Terrible Customer Service: My Experience with Ryobi Tools

I purchased a RYC490 log splitter from Ryobi Tools on November 16th, 2020. I was excited to use it and split some wood for the winter season. However, after only using it three times, the motor kept stalling and eventually stopped working altogether. I was disappointed and frustrated, but I took it to their service company hoping to get it fixed.

After waiting for a while, they ordered a replacement for me. The delivery man dropped it off on March 25th, 2021, but to my dismay, it was leaking oil. I took it back to the service company, and they ordered yet another replacement. I received the third log splitter on October 18th, 2021, but it was too late in the season to use it. I kept it in my garage, tags still attached, and never used it until this weekend, October 2022. However, when I tried to use it, the motor sounded like it was "locked up."

I have had to make six trips back and forth to the service center, and I still do not have a working log splitter. This is frustrating, especially since it is now the season to get wood split. The customer service department at Ryobi is a joke! They only offer to have me take it to their service center for yet another trip. They won't give me my money back, and they won't give me a better model. I will never buy one of their products again!

Overall, I am extremely disappointed with Ryobi Tools. Their products are unreliable, and their customer service is terrible. I would not recommend their products to anyone.

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ryobi Tools Ryobi 40 Volt Leaf Vacuum Review: Bulky, Short Battery Life, and Cumbersome Collection System

I recently bought a Ryobi 40 volt leaf vacuum and I must say, I was not impressed. First off, I had to purchase the battery and charger separately, which cost almost as much as the vacuum itself. When I finally got it home and assembled it, I found that the machine had plenty of power, but the battery died way too quickly. It was a real bummer.

Adding the battery also made the machine very bulky and cumbersome, and there was no shoulder strap provided to help offset the excess weight. This made it difficult to maneuver and use for extended periods of time. The feeder tube also clogged very easily, which was frustrating.

The collection system was also very cumbersome. The bag mounts under the machine and needs to be emptied frequently, which is a hassle. The discharge for the bag is placed to fill the bag under the machine, which is not very convenient. Other vacuuming equipment I have owned discharged from the rear and had attachments for greater vacuuming capacity.

Overall, I think this unit needs some redesign and further research. I have many Ryobi tools and have influenced several others to switch to the brand, but this tool gets my thumbs down. It will be going back to the store tomorrow, I assure you. Sorry Ryobi!

Overview of Ryobi Tools customer experience

Ryobi Tools has received numerous complaints from consumers regarding their products. Many customers have reported issues with the quality and durability of the tools, with some breaking after only a few uses. Others have complained about poor customer service and difficulty obtaining replacement parts. Additionally, some customers have reported safety concerns with certain Ryobi tools. Overall, Ryobi Tools has a reputation for producing unreliable and poorly made products, which has led to frustration and disappointment among consumers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Ryobi Tools contacts

Phone numbers

1300 697 9624 +1 (800) 525-2579 More phone numbers

Website

www.ryobitools.com

Most discussed Ryobi Tools complaints

weedeater that doesn't work
(opinions to this review)

Elevating the Voice of the Consumer