Menu
Ryobi Tools Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Ryobi Tools
reviews and complaints

www.ryobitools.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 113 Reviews

How responsive is Ryobi Tools's customer service?

1 Resolved
96 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Ryobi Tools handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Ryobi Tools and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Ryobi Tools has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Ryobi Tools reviews and complaints 113

Sort by:

Newest Ryobi Tools reviews and complaints

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ryobi Tools Ryobi Tools Customer Service Review: Disappointing Phone Support, but Helpful Online Chat and Service Center

I recently purchased a 40V 12' electric chainsaw from Ryobi Tools and unfortunately, it locked up after only a dozen uses. I was quite disappointed and frustrated with the situation, but I decided to reach out to their customer service for assistance.

After spending a whopping 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Ryobi's customer service, I was left feeling defeated as I never received an answer. However, I decided to try their online chat and was pleasantly surprised to receive a response in just 40 minutes! The representative informed me that they only handle warranty claims through their 'service centers' and unfortunately, the closest one to me (I'm located in SW Florida) was in Tampa, which is a 2-hour drive away.

I called the service center and they provided me with instructions on how to ship the chainsaw to them (at my own expense) along with a $25 deposit. They would then assess the issue and determine if it was a warranty claim. If it was, they would use the deposit towards shipping it back to me. However, if it wasn't a warranty issue, I would have the option to have it fixed for a higher cost.

Although I was initially frustrated with the situation, I must say that the service center was very accommodating and friendly over the phone. I am hopeful that they will be able to resolve the issue with my chainsaw.

My point in writing this review is to caution others who may be considering purchasing Ryobi products. While I cannot speak to the quality of their products overall, I would advise against expecting a pleasant experience if you encounter any warranty issues.

I
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ryobi Tools RyobiTools.com Review: Redemption Code Issue and Customer Service Frustration

I gotta tell ya, I had a bit of a rough go with Ryobitools.com. I registered my item on 4/16/2022 and entered the redemption code M3E5R87 to get a free rapid charger. Seemed like a sweet deal, right? But then, when I had a problem with my mower and went online to check my account, it was nowhere to be found. I called customer service and had to wait a whole hour for a call back. When they finally got back to me, they told me that the promotion had ended on 12/31/2022 and there were no more free chargers available. But wait a minute, I entered my code on 4/16/2022 - what gives?

I tried emailing Ryobi a bunch of times in 2022, but never got a reply. Finally, after talking to customer service, I was told that I wouldn't be getting a free rapid charger because the promotion had ended. But that just doesn't seem right to me. I created an account and registered all my items, and even have copies of the receipts to prove it. Ryobi needs to make this right and send me the free charger that I redeemed on 4/16/2022.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE: I finally received the free rapid charger this week, on 5/12/2023. I gotta say, I'm pretty happy that Ryobi made it right. The website is fixed and I can access my account again. It's a relief to know that they corrected the issue and sent me the charger I was promised. All in all, I'm glad that Ryobi made it right in the end.

V

Ryobi Tools Horrible Customer Support: My Experience with Ryobi Tools

I bought the electric rider from Ryobi Tools website about 10 months ago, and I was pretty excited about it. However, my excitement was short-lived when the charger stopped working after 10 months of use. I was really disappointed and frustrated, and I decided to contact Ryobi customer support to get a replacement charger.

I spent hours and hours on the phone, and I was transferred from person to person to wrong departments. One person even told me to hold on while they checked, and then transferred me to garage tools or something, which has nothing to do with riding mowers. I was really annoyed and couldn't get a replacement charger. I even contacted Home Depot service, and they told me to wait for 8 weeks or so for a replacement, which was crazy for spring.

I decided to chat with Ryobi customer support on their website, and I was connected with some Alisa person. I explained my situation to her, and she told me to take it to a service center. I told her that I already did, and they said I needed a new charger because it was dead and needed a new one. However, she ignored my message and provided me with a link to local services and said "have a nice day" and left. I was really angry and frustrated with such horrible customer support.

With this kind of support, Ryobi Tools will lose all their customers. I'm returning the whole rider and buying another brand where I can get support when something breaks. I will never buy from Ryobi again. Their customer support is horrible, and it's impossible to get support for a product that's supposed to last a lifetime but only lasted 10 months. BEWARE RYOBI!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ryobi Tools Disappointing Performance: A Review of the RYOBI 21" Mower from Ryobi Tools

I recently got my hands on the RY*** 21" Mower from Ryobi Tools, thanks to my wife who gifted it to me on my birthday. However, after using it just once, I have decided to return it to Home Depot. Here's why:

Firstly, the mower is quite bulky and not as easy to maneuver as my old 21" gas mower. This made it difficult for me to navigate around tight corners and edges of my lawn.

Secondly, the RYOBI mower did not cut the grass as well or as smoothly as my old gas mower, which was in dire need of a tune-up, oil change, and had a dull blade. Instead, the RYOBI just mashed the grass over, which then sprung back up and had to be cut again from the opposite direction.

Thirdly, while mowing around a tree, I could hear the blade hitting the deck, and the plastic deck bent inwards, allowing the blade to score the plastic deck. This was a major concern for me as it could lead to further damage to the mower.

Lastly, the Owner's Manual claims that the batteries should mow 3/4 of an acre. However, our lot is less than 1/3 of an acre, which includes a 3BR, 2Bath House with Kitchen and Dining Rooms, 2 car Garage and Driveway, fruit and shade trees, flower beds, plus a 25' x 75' garden. Despite fully charging the batteries prior to beginning, I couldn't even finish mowing the entire lawn before both batteries went dead. I had to resort to getting my old gas mower out to finish the rest of the lawn. To my surprise, my wife remarked that the grass looked better where I had used the old mower. She said, "Let's take it back". She had also used the RYOBI a few rounds and did not like the performance either.

Overall, I was disappointed with the RYOBI mower's performance and would not recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient lawn mower.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ryobi Tools Ryobi Tools Battery Bundle Review: Great Deal, Frustrating Customer Service at Home Depot

I recently made a trip to my local Home Depot to pick up the 3 "High Performance" battery bundle from Ryobi Tools. This bundle includes a 2ah battery, a 4ah battery, and a 6ah battery, along with a charger and a carry bag. Although I didn't really need another charger or bag, the price was too good to pass up, and after doing some calculations, I realized it was a pretty good deal.

To sweeten the deal, I was also entitled to receive a free tool from a predetermined list. I decided to go with the 1/4 inch ratchet, as I thought it would be a useful addition to my collection. Unfortunately, when I got to the store, they were out of stock. I was pretty disappointed, but I decided to try my luck at the service desk.

I explained my situation to the clerk, hoping that they could help me out. Unfortunately, she told me that there was nothing she could do. They did have a 3/8 inch ratchet in stock, but it was $10.00 less than the 1/4 inch one. I asked if she could substitute the 3/8 inch ratchet for the more expensive one, but she just shook her head no. I was pretty frustrated, as I felt like I was getting the short end of the stick.

Despite this setback, I still love my Ryobi tools. I have many of them, and they have always served me well. It's just the Home Depot that I have a problem with. I ended up getting a cordless rotary tool that I don't really need, so I'll probably just give it to my son.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Ryobi Tools to anyone looking for high-quality, reliable tools. They may be a bit pricier than some other brands, but they are definitely worth the investment. Just be prepared to deal with some frustrating customer service if you run into any issues at Home Depot.

2:53 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi 21 inch 40 volt lawn mower ry40lm01

The lawn mower cuts off when mowing the lawn, the light stays on connection problem. Product is to new for this to keep happening.

This product has a warranty but home depot will not take back product do to so many Ryobi products breaking down.Bought this item 6-11-20. Warranty sites to far to return no guarantee they will fix IT. Called customer service over 2 hour wait for days! No one picks up line.

Desired outcome: Return for new product THIS IS A PIECE OF JUNK!

View 0 more photos
4:36 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools 18v ryobi weed whacker

Yes on May 2, 2023 I purchased a Ryobi week whacker from Home Depoe in Bridgewater, Ma. It's been used twice and now the battery will not charge. I have another charger for the Ryobi and it will not charge the battery. It's an 18 volt priced at 79.00 dollars. Went back to Home Depoe and might as well talked to the wall. Disgusted with the product and Home Depoe.

Desired outcome: I WOULD LIKE A NEW BATTERY

F
1:49 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools 80v electric riding mower

We have yet to receive our Ryobi mower. The first order was to be delivered on May 9th. That order was damaged in shipment. We replaced the order onMay 11th. We were told the order woiuld be in by the 17th, then the 19th now the 23rd or 24th. The communication was very poor except for the Home Depot staff. I hope this mower is worth all the trouble. The Home Depot page says the mower can be delivered to the store. This was a false statement. We tried to get it delivered to the store and either the.com site wouldn't allow it or the Ryobi.com would not ship to the store. The TForce Logistics local carriers have no clue and don't communicate either. This has been a VERY frustrating experience.

Desired outcome: Delivery today (doubtful) or tomorrow and the mower is intact and ready to work.

P
7:36 am EDT

Ryobi Tools Roy I 40v hp brushless mower

We purchased this mower 2 years ago and no we don’t have the receipt. The self propelled stop working. It is impossible for us to use it as we are retired with health issues. We are extremely disappointed in this as we only buy Ryobi products but not anymore. We paid a lot of money for this mower and do 90% of our shopping with Home Depot.

Patty and Peter M

[protected]

Desired outcome: Return and honor us a new mower

F
1:36 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools 3200 psi Power Washer

I can't start my pressure washer, when pulling the starter rope the engine either won't pull thru the compression stroke or it kicks back, I've injured both wrists when it kicked back. Trying to contact anyone at Ryobi via their contact methods is a complete waste of time. Indefinite hold on phone and / or chat with no indication anyone is going to answer or even acknowledge your waiting.

T
6:17 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi 40V lawn mower

This lawn mower lasted 5 months. I have been unable to even reach customer service (literally sat on hold the entire day). The battery and self propel are fine - the blade just won't turn. I would never ever waste money on this company again. A warranty is worthless if you have no place to take the product to and can't reach the company!

Serial number is KC21394D020257.

Desired outcome: full refund.

8:03 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Products and service

I am struggling with this organization. I purchased a 40v self propelled mower two years ago and have had issues with it each spring. Right now, it is with the only service provider in a 50 mile radius who will deal with Ryobi. The only other one given to me by their bot stated they want none of your products or business and have told Ryobi so, only to keep getting referrals. I live in a major metropolitan area. How is this happening?

The service company who has my mower now (because it won’t start) stated they often refuse to supply necessary parts. Why? It’s not a supply and demand issue. They said Ryobi just refused or did not respond. Why is that? I have to wonder if it is because they know their mowers are defective. They have a backlog of people needing help because mowers are not working.

I spent an hour and a half trying to call, chat, text and email them the other day. The site seemed down as well. I couldn’t send a email as the form kept coming up empty when I hit submit and I received no email confirmation of the message going through. I couldn’t even see my registered products under my account nor could I upload receipts. There is something terribly wrong with this company and seem to be failing on all levels.

Desired outcome: I want customer service and for my mower to be fixed without hassle. The services centers would like parts needed to fix our mowers. I would like for them to fix the website, answer the phones and allow us ways to submit messages.

S
11:10 am EDT

Ryobi Tools 40V Self-Propelled Lawnmower

Purchased this lawn mower in July, 2022, for my daughter in Fort Myers, FL, and it has stopped working already. Ryobi says she will have to take it to one of their service centers which is 2 hours away and she does not have a vehicle to do this, so no way to get it there. But, 2 hours away is ridiculous. She should be able to take it back to Home Depot and get it exchanged for a new one. Terrible customer service. I waited on the phone for 1.5 hours yesterday and they never answered. We paid a lot of money for this and now are just out that cash. They should have a service center in major cities or allow Home Depot to take it back.

Desired outcome: I want the lawnmower exchanged at Home Depot in Fort Myers, FL.

D
7:07 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi 18 Volt Trimmer

I purchased a Ryobi Trimmer in October 2022. I really liked the trimmer and would have given it a "10" at thye time. It worked fine until April 2023 when it started letting the line out in 6-10 inch increments and fouling the cutter head. After changing the Ryobi string reels several times with the same result I gave up using the trimmer. I tried to get service and called the repair center which was 50 miles from my home. I was told that the trimmer head was not covered under warranty so I set it aside and bought a different model Ryobi trimmer. Oops, big mistake! The new trimmer only worked for 1-3 feet before cutting off the line. I'm not going to work 3 feet at a time so I'm returning this trimmer for a refund before the warranty runs out. All of my Ryobi One shop tools work just fine. Why can't they make yard tools the work?

Desired outcome: I would like a refund on both of these tools (the newest one I will return to the store for a refund).

D
7:32 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi 18V P102 battery faulty after one use

So we bought a ryobi drill with two batteries Model #P102. we used the batteries until completely no more charge left in them. Several months later maybe a year finally bought a charger and we put them on the charger and they are presumed as faulty. The charger is flashing red and green. We’ve only used these batteries once. Paid a good price for them as well, we shoukd be able to charge them and use again. it seems like there is a problem with this product I should be able to get my money back.

Desired outcome: Money back / refund / or new battery exchange

6:46 am EST

Ryobi Tools Ryobi riding lawn mower

I have been going through a very frustrating situation with Home Depot/Ryobi for about 2 years now. I am at the point where I am contacting different social media accounts who review tools and seeing if they want to shed some light on my issue. While under the original Ryobi Manufacturer’s warranty, my Ryobi Electric riding lawn mower blades stopped spinning. After speaking to Ryobi on the phone, they told me to take it to my local home depot. I did take it there and they refused to take it. I had to take the mower there a total of 3 times and had to have a ryobi representative on the phone just to get them to take the mower. It was then sent off to a 3rd party repair shop to fix the blade issue. It took over 3 months to come back. When it arrived, there was oil on the back of the mower, pooled inside the battery tray, and all over the batteries. Keep in mind this is an electric riding mower so there is no oil involved. Also, the thick back plate where a trailer can attach to was bent downwards and all the paint was stripped off of it. On top of that, the mower was about 50% slower than previously and would barely go up a hill. I took it back to home depot the same day to show them all of the issues. A manager showed me pictures of the trailer and the transporting company decided to pile loads of heavy items on top of the mower to get everything to fit inside 1 trailer. The oil was from another tool that was repaired that broke during transport and was sitting on top of my mower. They sent the mower back to the shop. It took another 3-4 months to get it back, of course. Once it came back, the oil was still there. It wasn’t even wiped off. The back piece was still bent. The speed was the same. My question was…did they even touch it? This time one of the front wheels came off the mower while it was being moved outside by one of the home depot employees. So, maybe more damage was done from the previous trip to the shop. Anyways home depot sent it back to the shop. This is it’s third visit to the same shop.

Desired outcome: Replacement of mower. It was deemed unrepairable by home depot after being sent to the shop 4 times without being fixed.

8:17 pm EST

Ryobi Tools 10 inch slider saw with stand

I received the slider, saw in a box and the stand in a box upon putting the stand together. It’s missing one carriage, bolt and nut. I called Ryobi the person that I contacted ask what model number what part number the stand was I gave him an information and I needed the bolt that goes to hold a little metal part that goes onto the round pipe, looking object on the end. to give you the wood length for the cut so that’s a bolt and the special nut need. The person said it would show up in about 10 days. That had been 22 days ago nothing. Trying to fill out the survey wouldn’t give me wouldn’t take it.

Desired outcome: I want the bolt and nut I paid for it. I waited for it I want it.

G
4:15 pm EST

Ryobi Tools Ryobi P2803 electric garden sprayer

I am a homeowner who purchased a Ryobi P2803 electric garden sprayer less than one year ago.

After using the sprayer for about two months, the on/off plunger switch (under the handle) began to constantly get jammed.

Ryobi will not replace the unit and expects me to drive half an hour to a service center to have them look at it and see if they can repair it. I was told by the service center that the repair could take several months, depending on the part. This is not what I paid for.

My recommendation is DO NOT BY RYOBI TOOLS!

Desired outcome: I will purchase another sprayer from a more reputable company and deposit my Ryobi in the trash.

B
6:56 am EST

Ryobi Tools New drills and reciprocating saws

I am a long time ryobi tool user and own many tools from the beginning of your tool roll out. Recently i've had two reciprocating saws and two drills overheat and start melting. This is with newer purchased tools. I am so disappointed your company is going for less product more money, cooperate greed policy. As I expect this complaint will fall on deaf ears.

I own so many of your tools and battery's that I didn't want to switch to another brand. Now as a contractor I am not only considering it I will be advocating a switch to other builders.

Desired outcome: rework your tools to at least function normally for medium duty work.

B
5:20 pm EDT

Ryobi Tools Ryobi18 Volt Super Charger Still under Warranty

I went thru the Warranty contact Ryobi site. Wife purchased this and 2 hi-cap batteries for Christmas 12/14/19 Listed all info, on 2nd email from them asking for the same information, that was posted on the site. I feel stupid purchasing all the Ryobi products I have, believing that they would stand behind the product if it failed, been lucky and this is one of the first that has caused me a problem.

Desired outcome: Want them to replace the broken item, prefer they just buy back the 7 tools 8 batteries. And I'll just go buy there competitors tools that I use.

Ryobi Tools In-depth Review

Product Range: Ryobi Tools offers a wide range of tools, including power tools, outdoor equipment, and accessories. Their product range is extensive, catering to various needs and preferences. The quality of their products is generally good, with durable and reliable tools. When compared to competitors, Ryobi Tools stands out with their diverse selection and competitive offerings.

Performance and Durability: Ryobi Tools' products are known for their performance and durability. Customer reviews and feedback indicate that the tools are reliable and long-lasting. They meet industry standards and often exceed expectations. When compared to competitors, Ryobi Tools' products hold their own and are a popular choice among professionals and DIY enthusiasts.

Innovation and Technology: Ryobi Tools demonstrates a commitment to innovation and the integration of new technologies in their products. They continuously strive to introduce unique features and advancements that set them apart from competitors. The company keeps up with the latest industry trends, ensuring that their tools are equipped with the latest technologies.

Pricing and Value for Money: Ryobi Tools employs a competitive pricing strategy. Their prices are comparable to those of their competitors, offering good value for money. Customers can expect to get high-quality tools at reasonable prices. The overall value for money provided by Ryobi Tools' products is commendable.

Customer Service and Support: Ryobi Tools provides excellent customer service. They are responsive, helpful, and professional in their interactions with customers. Support channels such as phone, email, and live chat are readily available, ensuring that customers can easily reach out for assistance when needed.

Warranty and Returns Policy: Ryobi Tools' warranty and returns policy is comprehensive. They offer good coverage and duration for their warranties, providing customers with peace of mind. The returns process is efficient and hassle-free, making it easy for customers to return or exchange products if needed.

Environmental Sustainability: Ryobi Tools demonstrates a commitment to environmental sustainability. They implement eco-friendly practices and initiatives in their manufacturing processes. Efforts to reduce carbon footprint and promote sustainability are evident, making Ryobi Tools a responsible choice for environmentally conscious consumers.

Brand Reputation: Ryobi Tools has a strong brand reputation in the industry. Customer reviews, ratings, and testimonials reflect positively on their products and services. The company maintains a presence on social media platforms, engaging with customers and showcasing their offerings.

Availability and Distribution: Ryobi Tools' products are widely available through various distribution channels. Their online presence is user-friendly, with a website that is easy to navigate and functional. Additionally, Ryobi Tools has partnerships with retailers, ensuring availability in physical stores for customers' convenience.

Overall User Experience: Overall, the user experience with Ryobi Tools is highly satisfactory. Their extensive product range, performance, durability, innovation, and competitive pricing make them a top choice for tool enthusiasts. The company's commitment to customer service, warranty and returns policy, environmental sustainability, and brand reputation further enhance the overall user experience. Based on a comprehensive evaluation, Ryobi Tools receives a strong recommendation and a high rating.

How to file a complaint about Ryobi Tools?

### Guide for Filing a Complaint Against Ryobi Tools on ComplaintsBoard.com

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account, log in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue with Ryobi Tools in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Ryobi Tools. Include key areas of concern, relevant transactions, steps taken to resolve the issue, personal impact, and the company's response.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any additional supporting documents that can strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure you follow these steps carefully to effectively file a complaint against Ryobi Tools on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Ryobi Tools customer service

Phone numbers

1300 697 9624 +1 (800) 860-4050 More phone numbers

Website

Most discussed Ryobi Tools complaints

weedeater that doesn't work
(opinions to this review)

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Ryobi Tools?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ryobi Tools Customer Service. Initial Ryobi Tools complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ryobi Tools above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ryobi Tools. Discuss the issues you have had with Ryobi Tools and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.