Ross Dress for Lesspersonal injury

N Jun 14, 2019

Yesterday, my partner and I were shopping at the Ross store on Market street in San Francisco around 8:30 pm. My partner was on third floor and I was on the second floor carrying a shopping cart from Ross. I was going to use the escalator to go up the third floor, then I tried putting the cart on the escalator, but it was a bit unstable because it was not fitting well on the escalator stairs; and it was hard to move easily.
A staff member, who was also going up after me told me that she would put it on the escalator and I can just go ahead. She also wasn't able to put the cart on the escalator stairs after me and she ended up putting a few stairs down; there was a distance between me and the basket.
I tried to reach the basket, but I couldn't because of the distance between the basket and the stair that I was standing on. I fell down on the escalator stairs with rounds falling, sliding down and being carried up on the escalator.
As a result, my knee got injured by this incident, as well as my right leg and right hand and the right side of back. Finally, the same staff lady took me off the escalator, then she helped me sat on the floor. I was suffering from pain in my right side of the body, and my knee was bleeding.
Other Ross Staff workers didn't involved themselves in the scene, and they were even preventing my partner to help me because they were worried that any subsequent help or even just giving me some water to not get in any sort of trouble.
At the same time, another shopper was witnessing the whole incident. He wanted to take pictures, but the staff members prevented him to do, so he gave me his contact number to potentially help me if I need a witness.
Afterward, as the staffs recognized that the incident is so serious, they confirmed with me that I need urgent care they called 911. A staff member, gave my partner a paper to explain the incident although he didn't witness the scene because he was on third floor, then Staff worker said someone from Ross will call me to assist me with my post incident needs, but I haven't received a phone call from Ross yet. After a few minutes, Emergency medical technicians came to the store, and checked in my vital signals, and my knee and body. I was in unbearable pain and they transferred me to an ambulance and then to a local hospital. A physician came to the emergency room she checked my knee, back and my hand, then she gave me some medicines to relief the pain, and recommended me to follow up with my primary doctor if I have to get some treatments.