Complaints & Reviews

Rooms To Gopurchased a leather sofa, three months later noted a defect in the leather

Purchased a leather sofa, three months later noted a defect in the leather. called rtg, would not replace the chair and ottoman but would send out a repair person. the repair was completed. repair was done on ll/23/03. i called rtg, to get service on the repair that opened up and was told it was out of warranty. at the time of purchase i paid extra for a leather bond and was told this will give me 3 years warranty. they now refuse to repair the chair. i spent over l0, 000 at rtg and was given a complete customer satisfaction as there sales pitch and in a pamphlete they gove me.

Rooms To Godelivery nightmare

We purchased a bedroom set for my daughter on May 15. The delivery was scheduled in two parts because one of the four items was on back order.

We wanted the furniture delivered asap so the first delivery was an "add on" - this meant we had to wait at home from 7a -10p for delivery.My husband stayed home from work and waited. The delivery arrived mid-afternoon, they began setting up before my husband realized that the bed was not the color we ordered. They attempted to set up the trundle bed, but they did not have the wheels/hardware with them. Then they tried to set up the nightstand for which they were one screw short - so they decided to try putting it together without the last screw, resulting in a broken leg and wobbly nightstand.

The company scheduled another delivery of the right bed for two days later -again because it was an "add on" we needed to be home from 7a-10p. When I called RTG about the nightstand, they said that replacing it would be an "exchange" which would require a separate "exchange" delivery -I explained that the delivery people assembled it wrong and broke it, but they would not agree to combine deliveries. I asked about the hardware for the trundle - they said it would arrive in the mail.

The next delivery date arrived, they replaced the bed (not without chipping the paint first). Then the next delivery date arrived for the chest of drawers that was backordered - that went smoothly. Since the hardware for the trundle had arrived in the mail, I asked them if they could assemble the trundle. They told me no - that I would need to request and technical/assembler call and they would assemble it. Really?!

The next day the same delivery folks arrived with the nightstand "exchange". They attempted to assemble the nightstand only this time there was NO hardware. I kept the hardware from the broken nightstand and they requested the additional screw to be sent in the mail - we would need to request an assembler to come out later! By now the delivery people took pity on me and agreed to assemble the trundle, but it turns out that the hardware that RTG sent in the mail had only 4 wheels - we needed 6 and all the screws were too long...so long they would poke through to the mattress! So we needed to order hardware again!

Over the course of the four deliveries there was never any acknowledgement of the time or inconvenience - no attempt made to quickly solve the problem. When I spoke with a customer service manager he indicated that the processes I have described are their protocols period. Why they couldn't combine deliveries or dispatch quickly someone who had the parts and the ability to assemble the furniture was infuriating.

I would never buy from RTG again - partly because of this experience, and and partly because based on the construction of the furniture (my husband ended up assembling the furniture himself - and it just doesn't seem that durable/worth the money we spent).

Rooms To Gocheaply made sofa

This sofa is only 6 months old. We have had problems from the begining. What a piece of cheap furniture? We bought a sofa in November 2009 from Rooms to Go. Within a week, a repairman was out fixing the thing. He put an additional leg on the sofa and refilled the cushions. We told him that it made noices when someone sat. He told us that It happens and It should stop in time.

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, illness, travel, then, we were able to call, again. We told them that it continues to squeak, the cushions are flat, the stuffing on the arm is so thin that the board is coming through and a leg came off.

The repairman just left. The leg was installed in another spot on the frame because the particle board had a hole from the screw and it was too big to reinstall it in the same location. He also told us that he couldn't fix the rest because it would take two to three hours that he did not have. He would have to take the entire back and arm off to see the problem. The repairman would contact Customer Service and explain the situation. We'll see what happens.

What a mess? We'll never buy from Rooms to Go, again.

• Da
          David_RTG Jun 03, 2010

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I see that you have spoken with our service department and if there is anything that I can do to further help you, please email me at [protected]@roomstogo.com.

Rooms To Golying salesmen

Run, do not stop at rooms to go, frisco texas,... Manager is unavailable,... Working on delivery truck !

Yes, this store manager is a mechanic who is often 'busy' worki ng on delivery truck.

Customer service says most problems are a 'store' issue,... Call the store ! ! Rooms to go is definately problems to come. And run from salesman ' nick',... He will lie thru teeth, or phone lines.

This store is terrible, go to ashleys across the parking lot...

NoLink May 19, 2010

What is your 'exact' issue ? rooms to go sucks ! The store 'manager' does not work on the delivery truck, ...They were lying, ...duh !

I know a lot of things as well and have numerous skills, that has nothing to do with the manager doing the managers job and helping customer issues. If they cannot afford delivery truck repairs, they need to get out of the business !

Now again, what is your ' issue' ? ? Run do not stop @ rooms to go Frisco ! They suck.

NoLink Jun 13, 2010

A 'valid' issue ? Are you nuts ? The manager was unavailable because he was working on delivery truck ! ! NO

The manager was not working on the delivery truck, ...duh. They offered no time that he would be available either.

Salesman substituted an item in a package purchase, and then lied and said he didn`t. Then manager unavailable to discuss.

RUN from, ...' Rooms to Problems to Go' in Frisco Tx.

NoLink Jun 15, 2010

The salesman lied and the manager did not want to talk about it. We were never given a time when he would be available. OK dawniette ? If you don`t see the 'complaint', then you are not paying attention. They lied

Run; do not walk from rooms to go Frisco Tx. Customer service says call the store, yeah right.

Stealth pilot apparently does not understand lying, or works for rooms to go ? Yes

NoLink Jun 16, 2010

stealth you and dawn are somehow tied to rooms to go, right? Salesman substituted a item for us and then upon delivery he lied and said he didn`t. Then manager unavailable, ...very easy to understand complaint. dawn cannot comprehend so i repeat ! We are talking about furniture not grass !

RUN do not STOP at rooms to go ------Frisco Texas. ! !

NoLink Jun 16, 2010

So you guys are trolls who have no real interest in consumer complaints and warnings ?

Get a friggin life ! !

NoLink Jun 17, 2010

No, your a troll and have no reason to be commenting on this 'documented' (You get paperwork when you buy furniture ) complaint.

You are tied to rooms to go, or you have a psych problem, ..Why are you here ?

• Li
            Ling Chi Jun 17, 2010

I farted in this thread.

NoLink Jun 23, 2010

Rooms to go -------- Frisco Tx. is a joke; with a wimp of a manager who has his assistants lie for him, ...like ' he`s working on the delivery truck ' ...what a gaff !

Just like the trolls here who have no life !

• Mm
            M Martinez Aug 14, 2010

If I would have done my homework first I would have never ever ever bought a bedroom set from ROOMS TO GO. They delivered the bedroom set incomplete, called customer service to check on the status of the pieces missing and they assure me that the pieces would be overnighted. Of course I didn't received them. I could go on and on but I don't see how this will help me. At this time I am still waiting for someone to come and put my bed together. If you want to avoid headaches stay away from ROOMS TO GO. I thought that speaking to a manager would help but I was so wrong. As a matter of fact all he is good for is for excuses.

Rooms To Gopoor furniture quality

I have had my livingroom set now for little over a month and the cushions are already "flat". This is so unbelievable for furniture that is so expensive. I honestly wish I had kept my 7 yr. old couch I practically gave away because the cushions on it weren't nearly as worn in those 7 yrs. as these are in a month. It's just unreal! I agree to the question as to whether Cindy Crawford knows of all the complaints because I would like to get my money back and I still have to pay for this crap!!! If there is a way to blog on this will someone please start it because that may be our only way to get word to Cindy to get her name off this stuff. She's gotten her money already. I just wish I could take this junk and block their doors with it everyday when they have to go to work. Of course that would be harrassment on my part, but they can get away with collecting money for furniture my 6 and 8 yr. old grandaughters could have made. I have already made a promise to myself that I will never buy anything from Rooms to Go again and will spread word to as many people as possible to stay clear of their cheaply made furniture they don't guarantee. WHAT A RIPOFF!!!

• Da
              David_RTG May 12, 2010

I’m sorry to hear about the troubles that you have had with your living room set. I would like to hear more about your experience. If possible, please email us at [protected]@roomstogo.com.

• He
              henrietta king May 13, 2010

i recently brought a leather sectional by ashley from homechoice store here in rockford illinois. i have had the sectional for 6 months and the cushions are beginning to sagg, i have notified the store and they have been out to look at the sofa which i believe is a factory defect. i have been told that they will pick the cushions up on Monday or Tuesday of next week and sent to get restuffed, i no i have been ripped off because i, m paying over $2500.00 for a sofa that i know will look like crap in the next few months. i have always loved ashley furniture but i won't purchase from them again.

Rooms To Gosent out to our home 8 times broken furniture

Horrible experience from Rooms To Go in Montgomery Alabama. I purchased the top of the line leather den furniture at this store in Jan. 2010. Since the first day of delivery, I received broken end tables and a damaged recliner. RTG has been out to my home 8 times to continue to bring out more damaged furniture. Finally on the 8th time of delivery and two months later I was able to get RTG to come out and pick up their over priced and damaged goods. I would never ever step foot in another store such as this. Poor management on all levels. No customer appreciation what so ever.

• Je
                Jeff Koryciak May 03, 2012

It may be top of the line for RTG but their quality is cheap- thats why it dosen't cost like the other quality furniture stores. We bought a couch/loveseat from RTG and within 4 months it was breaking down-- They restuffed it 2 times-- still the same-- we gave up and won't buy from them again-- I guess you get what you pay for..Also our credit account was breeched through a RTG in another state that we never been to. Disputing it right now..

Rooms To Go Kidsdelivery hassles

I purchased a set of furniture for my daughter - a bed, drawers, bedside table and tv package. The salesman got all of the furniture entered in and totaled up and then told me that the bed was on backorder and it might take 'a little longer' to deliver. I said OK he rang up the total. I paid in full. Then he scheduled the delivery - more than a MONTH later. My daughter was very disappointed - the bed was her favorite part of the set. But it was already rung up so we scheduled it.
              I must've put in the wrong time frame in my calendar because when Rooms To Go called to confirm they had evening and I had put morning into my calendar.
              I called to change the delivery time. First she acted annoyed that I was changing it and then she tried to pressure me into changing my plans to take the delivery ! Rude. Then she informed me that she could 'stop' the delivery but I would have to call BACK after 48 HOURS to reschedule. I asked her why and she mumbled something about 'open inventory' policy and how they had already loaded the truck (this was 2 days before the delivery mind you..so i'm sure that's a bunch of crap) and how they would have to unload it and i couldn't reschedule until all that happened. She also added that because this is a popular bed it might be another TWO MONTHS before they will be able to deliver again.
              I let her know that she already had my money for the bed and I couldn't even get the TV until after the bed was delivered and told her that I was very unhappy. She acted annoyed again and said she was sorry in a tone that was anything but. I'm stuck now. I can't take delivery Saturday so I'm screwed. Rooms to Go Kids has TERRIBLE customer service and RIDICULOUS delivery policies and I will NEVER buy furniture from them again.
              I'm sure that if I told them they would have to wait 3 months for the money they wouldn't think that was reasonable. How can they think that me waiting 3 months for the furniture I've already paid for is reasonable?

Rooms To Gorude employees

I went in last Sunday and purchased over 3000 dollars of furniture at the brookshire tx location I wasn't told by salesman the criteria of the express delivery so today when I completed my order I was told by office manager I was not going to have my furniture delivered for another week I asked they make an exception because of not being told correct information and michelle said she couldn't help me I asked for her manager and then spoke to a cliff he asked me if I wanted my refund but they couldn't change the delivery date for me ...both cliff and michelle were very rude and did not apply to their customer satisfaction policy I spend money with rooms to go often and have never had this problem I will take care of this issue with the upper management with no doubt!

Rooms To Goit is simply defective fabric

Rooms To Go at Baybrook Mall has replaced my living room set three times because of defective fabric. I explained in detail to them that because of the small size of my person, most couches are too deep and my feet do not touch the floor. When I finally found this set I was delighted with it's comfort, and it also fits well in the limited size of my room. I had shopped all stores in the Houston/Galveston area because of my requirements regarding this furniture. Rooms To Go only guarantees a refund if you request one within 48 hours. They say that I can exchange this room for another of equal value, however; they do not have one that meets my needs. The fabric begins to show "splotches" after a few weeks, not within the 48 Hour window. I have been dealing with this issue and exchange policy for over 6 months now and cannot resolve this problem even after speaking with the store representative yesterday. I do not want to keep furniture in my home that is an embarrassment to me in that the fabric looks as though there are stains on it, with new "stains" appearing every week. I paid their charges to have their faabric protection applied; however, these spots are not due to spills of any kind. It is simply defective fabric tht they should not be selling to unsuspecting consumers.

Rooms To Go — don't honor what they say

Saturday morning I went to rooms to go and I decided to buy a livingroom set with a verbal agreement to hold...

Rooms To Gobroken furniture and poor customer service

My husband and I bought a dinning room set at the Rooms to Go store in Cedar Park on 1/9/10 ($2, 554.67). We were very excited to have found a set that would fit our decor and the price we thought was reasonable at the time. On 1/11/10 my husband stayed home for our delivery. The men pulled up in the truck and dropped the top to our table, denting the corner. Then they brought in 2 broken chairs, and a Buffet with a hutch that had marks on them. Along with 4 other chairs we thought were OK. So 5 out of the 9 pieces were damaged. They told my husband that they would replace the chairs and table top in two weeks and send and repairman for the marks on the buffet and hutch. After closer inspection we found that the hutch had a drawer that would not close unless you lifted it up before sliding it in and on of the hutch doors did not close properly. I called customer service and a woman with extremely poor English fluency told me she would have them replace the hutch and buffet. In the afternoon on Saturday the 16th I told my husband that I would feel better if we looked and all the furniture again very carefully. So we did. We turned the four chairs that we had thought we OK and found that two of them we also broken. On had a stripped bolt that was stuck half way out and the other chair had a metal brace added to it already (clearly a repaired chair). I called customer service again. They were closed so I called the store. The salesman said he had nothing to do with customer service and all he could do was add notes to the file. I told him that was fine. He advised me that they would probably be closed on Monday as it was a holiday and advised me to call CS on Tuesday. On Tuesday at approximately 4pm I called them. (As I work during the day this was the first chance I had) The CS rep told me that she would send a repair person to assess the damage. I responded that this was unacceptable the furniture was bought new and delivered broken. We did not want repaired furniture. Approx. 10 minutes later she stated that they would replace the items and told me I should be happy with her resolution to the situation. Maybe I should but I can't stop thinking that we shouldn't have gotten seven out of nine pieces of furniture broken in the first place. I also don't feel that I should have had to practically beg to get the furniture replaced. We just bought a new house and have to buy allot more furniture. It will not be purchased at Rooms to Go!!!

NoLink Jun 17, 2010

Run do not walk from ' rooms to misery ' to go !! They suck, ...especially Frisco Tx. location...run, ...go to, ...anywhere else ! ! !

• Cr
                        cresha85 Aug 06, 2010

well im say were the williams in leander texas and we purschase a living room set and bedroom set and our [censor] came late and dont even brother to tell us that the other peace of the living room was scheduled for another time, there suppose to call you and let you know but they dont.well see what they will give us for late furniture and misunderstanding.I should put the names of people we talk too.But i promise this you screwed my family over and all yalls family is going to get screwed .Im waiting on mrs.t to call back.I hope the corp looking at this

Rooms To Gocustomer service

I was just contacted by rooms to go service department and they cancelled my appointment! I have already waited 2 weeks for a service tech to come out and look at my sofa. The sofa is less than a year old and already it is breaking down. The corner of the cussions are collapsing and the first technician claims this problem is wear and tear. We have 2 older children who do not jump on the couches or abuse them in any way. If the couches I purchased cannot handle this kind of use, the quality and consturction is substandard. I only had the couches for 6 months when the problem appeared. I spoke with the customer service rep. And all she could do was appologize for the glitch. Well, maybe she should apologize to me and my employer for not following through on a appointment that was scheduled 2 weeks ago. Additionally, the nice lady (Ha!) stated that I should schedule my appointments on days that I don't work so I can be at home without disturbing my work schedule. I don't know about you, but I have a monday-friday job 7-5. You would think customer service would want to cater to the customer! I cannot say that I will not buy from rooms to go again. My future relationship with this company will be determined by customer services ability to fix the couch problem.

NoLink Jun 16, 2010

You probably bought from the Frisco store, hope not ! 'Rooms to stupid` is a terrible company with 'managers' that work on delivery trucks ( yeah right ) to avoid discussing problems !

Go elsewhere fast ! !

Rooms To Gonightmare

On Friday January 1, 2010 I went to the rooms to go outlet on Blanding Blvd. in Orange Park, FL. Finally finding the set I wanted. One sofa with two accent chairs. Each of these accent chairs had the matching pillows on them and there were two more pillows on the sofa. These pillows did not have prices on them and I was reassured by the manager, Chuck Smith that I would get the pillows with the deal we made. We were to take the furniture ourselves in our van that night. While my husband was paying, the sales representative Elisa Mound handed me a bag and came with me to collect the pillows. She then began to tell me that I was not supposed to take the pillows. I explained to her that was not true and that her own manager had already said I could. I took the 4 pillows out to my van. When I returned inside the sales lady told me she was holding my husband hostage because of me taking the pillows. In the presence of her own manager Chuck Smith I was asked how many pillows I took. I told them 4. Then the manager said to me that they wouldn't have normally come with the set, but since he told me they were included in our deal that he was going to pretend he didn't see it. My husband then drives the van to the pick up area. Then out comes Chuck Smith goes into my van and takes back 2 of the 4 pillows. Then accuses me of stealing them. Now he claims they were not included. Of course I was outraged and completely offended by such an accusation. Yet we even offered to pay for them right there and then. Chuck Smith just walked away with them anyway. So I then told them to take all the furniture back! In the last couple years I have spent over $8, 000.00 on Rooms to Go furniture. I certainly did not need to steal a pillow. It only took them a few seconds to take my money from my account when I paid for them with my debit card, but now I have to wait up to 21 days to get it back.

• Valerie Sep 04, 2008

I have dealt with ROOMS TO GO three times... Every time is a NIGHTMARE!!! The only reason I go back is because all the other retailers around have prices out the A$$. I recently ordered three weeks ago 6 dining chairs, a China cabinet, and a dining table ($7, 000) which was supposed to be delivered the following day...RIIIIIGHT! Anyhow after the furniture was delivered TWO WEEKS later, every piece was DAMAGED. With the china cabinet, the glass was broken, with the chairs they had water damage, and with the table it seemed as if a forklift hit it going 40mph *extremely damaged and no where NEAR show room quality* by the way I HAVE NEVER HAD A PIECE FROM rooms to go THAT HAS EVER SHOWN UP AS SHOW ROOM QUALITY!!! Like I said earlier, the only reason I return to the store is because local retailers are twice the price... I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! if you have the time and can deal with the headaches with ROOMS TO GO incredibly HORRIBLE customer service/delivery times phone lines, than buy with them because the prices are good, but NEVER expect to receive show room products the first time, IF NOT THE SECOND OR THIRD!!! I hope people have had better experiences with them than I have because it’s a great product for the money... If it was delivered in usable shape!!

Rooms To Go — contract - delivery

I bought a bedroom set on Sept/09. The salesperson said that the set will be delivery on Oct 28. They...

Rooms To Godelivery/customer service

I bought a new mattress at the beginning of September and took half a day off of work to wait around for that 4 hour "window of opportunity" for my delivery. Ten minutes until the deadline and still no sign of them. I called customer service and they contacted the drivers who said they would be about another hour! They were supposed to deliver by 6:00 and didn't show up until just before 8:00. No phone call to let me know they were running late or anything. I even requested notification of delivery time when I bought the mattress set.

So I took time off from work and they couldn't even give me the courtesy of a phone call letting me know that they would not be making it during that 4 hours! You can't tell me that the delivery guys did not know earlier in the day that they were running late.

I filed a complaint with the West Florida Better Business Bureau and sent certified letters to them, the headquarters, and the store I purchased from.

The delivery was on 9/10/09 and as of today, 12/2/09 I still have not recieved the "compensation" they said they would give. I simply wanted a credit to my account but they refuse to do that. Absolutely refuse. So they offered a gift certificate sort of credit thing on my account (and why couldn't they just credit my account?) which I still have not received. My rebuttal to this offer is that I did not want to experience the same thing I was complaining about again! Makes sense right? Why would I want to make another purchase that will have to be delivered?! Just credit my account for the inconvenience and I'd be happy. But apparently even their Customer Service doesn't value the customer and even in this economy they have no concern for customer satisfaction.

I will not recommend Rooms To Go to anyone in the future.

Maria Vallejo Dec 02, 2009

I feel the same that you.

mad one 09 Dec 30, 2009

i like the quality of rooms to go furniture, but delivery sucks. my furniture delivered about a month after ordering. they called three times to confirmed the delievery on that date and time. so it is wed. from 7am-10am. at 7:10 they called and rescheduled for 1-5pm same day delivery. i say okay. i wasted my time sitting around the house waitiing... finally, at 5pm they called and have to rescheduled. isn't it ridiculous for stupid reasons. i had to call customer service to complain and have to redeliever 2 or 3 weeks lateer. the warehouse is not in my area pensacola, florida whereas i could just bought it and put it in my truck. so later that night, i took my old bed out and furniture and was ready for the new stuff.later i found out no delievery and have to sleep in the couch. it seems that rooms to go seems like a big coporation with high class designed in the stores, but why haven't they do nothing about delievery service. no apology or nothing, poor customer service all the way . i would never buy here again. ever... in my life... waste my money damn

NoLink Jun 17, 2010

So let me get this straight, ...rooms to go, ... i dunno, ...maybe, ...sucks is what they do ! !

Especially Frisco Tx. location, ...run ! ! !

Rooms To Gorefurburished mattresses

Since October 2008, I have replaced 3 sets of mattresses and working on replacing a 4th set.

My first purchase was a King size Sealy. This set I was able to use until around February 2009. The second set was a Simmons. I like it; however, it was also lumped and bumped on me after about a month. The next set I tried a Serta. This only lasted 3 weeks.

I asked to replace with a Simmons, becasue of all three, I liked the simmons the best, because of the individual springs. I am now (today November 27, 2009) have set up an appointmet for a tech to come out again to check the lumps and bumps. In additon, this particular set does not have a Simmons label on it. The only thing on this set that shows simmons is the plastic guards at the corners of the box springs.

I went to a Mattress store today just to look at the simmons mattresses, and the salesperson told me that simmons mattresses are all labled simmons, because simmons wants to make sure their name is noticeable. I relayed my problem to him and he said it is not a simmons even though he did not see the set.

Rooms To Goshotty furniture

I am so angry, we paid $1200.00 for a table then on top of that the $70.00 non negotiable delivery fee for the table to be delivered with screws missing and the glass top table wobbly from not being put together properly. I called and tried to get them to rectify the situation and come out the next day but it didnt fit on there schedule. I almost opted to return the table and chairs and then was informed of there 20% restocking fee even though theyre the ones at fault for the whole issue to begin with. Do not waste your money, they put you at the end of there list after they get there money!

• Ka
                                  Kathy Ghiselli Feb 11, 2012

Please do not purchase from Rooms to Go. They have very poor quality and zero customer service. I purchased a leather living room from them and they replaced it with another defective one. When they agreed to replace this one I had to reselect as this was discontinued. They sent a Cindy Crawford set to my home yesterday. It was lop sided, the back flap hung way below where it was suppose to attached to the sofa and the rear of the sofa looked maroon while the front side was dark brown. Why would Cindy Crawford allow her name to be used on such poor quality products. I refused the sofa and requested they bring the old sofa back in which was damaged by the delivery people. The delivery crew could not speak English had no respect for my home and damaged my wood floors by sliding the furniture across it. I will not accept any more furniture from them. I am going to an attorney and file a small claims case against them. Please do not put yourself through the nightmare of doing business with Rooms to GO

• Pr
                                  proudmominNaples Apr 22, 2012

I too have had a similar experience with Rooms To Go, except that they would not replace my furniture. Basically I am now stuck with a couch, love seat and chair and half because the service technician they sent out to 'check' on the problem of the compressing cushions and dimpling fabric was considered a 'sitting issue'. I was shocked when I heard their reasoning. A SITTING issue?! When one buys furniture isn't it meant to be sat on and stand up to 'sitting'? And how am I supposed to fix this? Well, when the technician was at my home and told me that the 'sagging' was a 'sitting issue' she literally said that we had to take the cushions off the various pieces of furniture at least every day or two and remold them so they didn't compress in the same spot all the time. EVERY day or TWO? Really? The furniture is so cheap that the customer has to remold it several times a week so it keeps it's shape?! Wow! When I explained to her that this had never happened to the furniture that we had bought 7 years ago at Havertys she said "Well, they've lowered their standards and the complaints about that company are coming in too". I was courteous to the technician and allowed her to do her inspection. Several days later I then received a call from the Customer Service Department (1800 number) telling me that our problems of sagging cushions and 'feeling as if we were sitting in a hole" was a 'customer seating preference issue' and that they would not be doing anything further to fix the situation. When I explained to her that we had only owned this furniture for a few months and it didn't make sense that the cushions were compressing and making us feel we were sitting in holes she told me that was their final decision based upon the technician that had come into my home. She was not going to send someone else out since the decision had been made by that technician. I explained to the customer service representative that we were extremely unhappy about this and that my husband was not going to like their decision given that this was over a $3000.00 purchase only months earlier. She said very rudely, "Well there isn't anything your husband can do about that". I will never buy another piece of furniture from Rooms To Go again as they do not stand behind their customer satisfaction guarantee stated right on the back of the receipt! Since I am stuck with this bill and I don't want our credit to be tarnished due to Rooms To Go and their policies I WILL honor paying for it as we are people of our word however Rooms To Go will not see me again as their customer.

Rooms To Gowarranty run out before even making payments

Bought a living from RTG about a year ago, Sofa had to be serviced twice within months of delivery. After a year I have the same problem, a piece of wood from the frame of the sofa is loose. Called them but they said that warranty ran out back in March. It doesn't make sense that even before making any payments the warranty expired. This is like buying a car an the moment you leave the dealership you don't have warranty.

Is there's anything that can be done?

Thanks in Advance,

Daniel from Florida

Rooms To Go — powder post beetles

We bought a living room set from Rooms to go 2 years ago and it was never right from day one. For the first 1...

Cindy Crawford Furniture — Living room furniture falling apart

We purchased the Cindy Crawford living room from ROOMS TO GO in Raleigh North Carolina in July of 2008 and it...