Reliance NetconnectUSB modem internet connection!

S

I brought an USB ZTE CDMA 1X MODEM from Reliance Mobile 10 days before from Reliance Mobile in Brigade Road, Bangalore. This is a post paid connection that came with my HP Pavilion Note, thinking about the mobility and net connection speeds up to 144 kbps I paid Rs.3180 for this pathetic internet connection.

The average connection speed I get is less than 15 kbps. Worst case is some times I get connection speed less than 5kbps. At these speeds even simple home page of google.com fails to load. I have done all the basic trouble shooting steps to increase the internet connection. When I called Reliance Customer Care I was transferred to their technical team, which is even worst.

The tower signal shows as full strength but the connection speed is very slow this is because reliance does not offer its customers what its promise. Reliance is company that can’t be trusted. The BSNL Dial-Up connection that I have is far better than the high speed USB modem from Reliance.

To check the internet connection further I even took my note book where there was a reliance tower. It did not make any difference. Reliance Technical Support is worst. So, I think Anil Ambani should be held responsible for all these.

My advice is, don’t buy Reliance USB modem.

• Reliance_Mobile Apr 10, 2015

Dear Mohinder,

We have noted your complaint and the same has been forwarded to our customer service team. They will get in touch with you directly to resolve your concerns. However, request you to provide us with an alternate number so that we can successfully contact you.

• Mo
    MOHINDER CHOPRA Apr 10, 2015

My netconnect no is [protected]
    I am not getting connectivity in my area i. E. Paschim vihar, new delhi
    Pl restore immediately.

• Reliance_Mobile Nov 27, 2014

Dear Shubham,

As per your telephonic conversation with our customer service associate, we wish to affirm that the aforesaid concern has been discussed and resolved to your satisfaction.

• Reliance_Mobile Nov 25, 2014

Dear Shubham,

• Sh
    shubham a Nov 25, 2014

I want to close reliance net connect..
    There service is 3rd class speed is very very low
    When I go to reliance outlet to stop connection they gives excuses
    We can not stop...
    Call 198..
    Stop through online
    And many more
    I am irritated becoz of this
    Plzzz kindly help me as soon as possible

• Reliance_Mobile Oct 22, 2014

Dear Pragati,

• Reliance_Mobile Oct 17, 2014

Reliance Communications

• RELIANCE NET CONNECT NO [protected] WAS DEACTIVATED ON [protected] VIDE REQUEST NO [protected] DATED [protected] AS THE SERVICE IS NO MORE RREQUIRED. DEACTIVATION STATUS NOT KNOWN. KINDLY DEACTIVATE, IF NOT DEACTIVATED.

• Reliance_Mobile Jul 14, 2014

• Reliance_Mobile Jul 01, 2014

• Ka
    KavithaRani Jun 30, 2014

Dear Reliance,

My Reliance service number is [protected]. Performance of data card has always been poor, I never got the promised speed of 3.1mbps. I already paid this month's Bill and wont be able to pay next month.

Please terminate my service with immediate effect

Not able to reach speak to any representative in customer care, its always busy.

Regds
    Kavitha

• Reliance_Mobile Nov 20, 2012

RCom Care

• Reliance_Mobile Nov 15, 2012

Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, Subscriber ID, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

• Ro
    Robin coutinho Nov 09, 2012

i am agree towards complaint because its right and i want my feedback as fast as possible

Comments

• Ro
    Robin coutinho Nov 09, 2012

we have to terminate our reliance Datacard any how No - [protected] we have done two complaints before for unusual bills but no feedback we got back so we need urgent feed back this time please

Comments

• Me
    mehraz Oct 05, 2012

hello sir,

i took reliance HSD device in the month of September 2012. At the time of getting the device.. the corresponding agent told me that this device will reach the 3mb/sec as the max net speed and 1 mb /sec is the min speed.
    but from the 1st day to till now i did not get the speed as more than 70kb/sec...
    so how can trust reliance

RCOMcare Jul 11, 2012

Anand Guleria Jul 09, 2012

I request for Reliance Netconnect 3G dongle. Rahul Singh Chauhan (email ID :[email protected] : contact No.- [protected]) called me and asked me for the required documents. During the call I requested him (Rahul) to activate the connection as early as possible. To which he (Rahul) responded that if I'll submitted the document before 12 o'clock in the afternoon, he'll take care that the connection would be activated on the same day by 7 PM to 8 PM.
    As per our discussion, I forwarded the document at 11:27 AM on 06 July, 2012. In the mail I requested for an acknowledgment of the mail. There was no acknowledgment from him (Rahul). Rather I made call and asked him (Rahul) about the mail sent. During the call I again request him to activate the connection as soon as possible. Rahul again assured me that he'll take care and get the connection activated on the same.
    I was told that I would receive the device within two after he (Rahul) receive the documents. But I received the device at 8:45 PM. I had to stay late in the office just for the device. As a result of which I had to cancel my booked tickets which cost me more than Rs. 3500. This was only because I've to wait for the device which was supposed to reach at 2:30 PM.
    After all this when I tried to connect Internet using the device, it was not working. I tried to call Rahul but he didn't picked the phone. Same thing happened on Saturday. I tried to call Rahul but he did not received the call. I made 25 calls and not even single call was attended. Same happened on Sunday. On Monday morning (today) I called Rahul, luckly he picked the phone but did not answered any of my question and used harsh world and humiliated me by using unhuman phrases. When I asked him that I would escalate this act, Rahul replied that I can try anything I could do, and he (rahul) give a damn to such escalations.
    I request you to please take a some action and provide me justice.

RCOMcare Jul 14, 2011

Hi,

We hope that we were able to assist you with your concern to your satisfaction. In future, you may also write to us at http://on.fb.me/fzplqp.

RCOMcare Jul 12, 2011

Hi,

This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. Please provide us with your phone number on which we can reach you. In future, you may also write to us at http://on.fb.me/fzplqp with all the details.

• Ny
    nyka Jul 11, 2011

I have never seen such worst speed and network. since i chose reliance i always unsatisfied regarding speed and network. It is much much less than 144kbps.
    check out the problem and solve it asap.

RCOMcare Jul 09, 2011

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your problem has been escalated and our concerned team is working on the resolution. We will get back to you shortly. In future, you may also write to us at http://on.fb.me/fzplqp.

RCOMcare Jul 09, 2011

Hi Ankush,

• Ak
    AKR2 Jul 08, 2011

Hi

My Reliance Netconnect Internet Services Broadband post paid MDN No is: [protected].
    For the last three month, starting from 10th of April 2011, I am not getting the service of Reliance Netconnect service at my present location. I have sent them several e-mails and asked the reliance Customer Care to terminate my reliance netconnect due to non-availability of reliance network. (Vide Reliance Interaction No: [protected] dated April 19, 2011, Complain no: [protected], [protected], May 26, 2011.) But for the last two months they are neither giving me the service nor stopping sending the bills. On May 26th, 2011 they confirmed that if I paid Rs. 477, they will terminate the connection and they would stop harassing me by sending false bills.
    Accordingly, I paid Rs. 477 on date 29-05-2011. After getting the money from me, they denied to terminate the service and instead insisted upon changing my plan, which I said, would be of no use to me since there is no network from their side. They sent one email message stating :“ please note that your data plan has been changed to BRDBAND2GB_5003MF with effect from 02-06-2011”. They also confirmed that, as there is no service from their end, there will be no charges during these three months. But, till date I am unable to use the Reliance netconnect data card, starting from 10th of April 2011. But they did not stop sending the bills. On 25-06-2011 again they sent one new bill without providing any service.
    In spite of my repeated request, (both by email and phone call), to terminate the service, they are neither terminating the service, nor providing the service. All they seem to be interested is harassing their customer by sending wrong bills.
    Reliance netconnect service is very poor. I am not getting any reliance tower or connection.
    They keep on sending the bills, in spite of my repeated request both by email and by phone to terminate my account, due to non availability of services. I am absolutely unable to connect to internet through Reliance Netconnect. Hence, I am compelled to buy other internet services to do my work. Now, Reliance Netconnect is totally useless for me. The total investment for buying reliance netconnect broadband has proved useless.
    I am absolutely upset with their service and their customer care from their Kolkata office.

RCOMcare Jul 05, 2011

Hi,

We have sent an email to you and are eagerly waiting to hear back from you.

You may reply to our email or write to us at http://on.fb.me/fzplqp with your contact details, and we will get back to you.

Dhumal Surveyors Jun 29, 2011

We are using your Wireless Reliance Netconnect facility from last four months. We do not able to pay the bill amount as on or before due date of bill because of non receiving of bill on or before due date. We didn't received a bill of month June 2011. We got time to time information of our weekly usage details on e-mail which is send by you. But we didn't get any billcopy for our connection on e-mail. We kindly request you, please send the bill by e-mail service on our e-mail id [email protected]

dhruvansh Apr 20, 2011

the netconnect + sucks. i got a HUAWIE EC 150 and was told that speed would come at 3.1 MBps, but cheap ### which cost rs.1599+750 for unlimited plan shows a max speed of 4 kbps. most of the time it is 0.02 or 1kbps.i tried to contact the customer care but they wouldnt do anything.they told me to call later everytime i called. then they wouldnt respond. i tried to call but no response. the thing goes either switched off or busy. the netconnect doesnt work at high speed and u cant even work 2 tabs together because of the slow speed. what the hell do i do now. i bought it only a few days ago.

dhruvansh soni, bangalore.

dhruvansh Apr 20, 2011

the netconnect sucks. i got netconnect+ in bangalore only a few days ago, and since the start the speed has been ###. They said a download speed of 3.1 MBPS would be provided, but the damn thing shows 0.5-4 KBPS at max. i contacted customer care, but the dog said to call again every time we called. then he gave a number to us to call, but that number never answers. No response at all. what the hell do i do now? any help?

dhruvansh soni, bangalore

• Ar
    Arunbabuss Jun 26, 2010

Hi I'm Arun. I'm also using reliance netconnect. Its very very poor.

• Ka
    kalyansagar Feb 16, 2010

I also purchased CDMA 1x but i have good speed. change modem setting put "DNS" 8.8.8.8 & "Alternate DNS" 8.8.4.4 and type

in "Static Ip address" 8.8.8.8.now connect internet check speed.it's not high speed we are satisfied.bye.

• So
    Soumen Nov 20, 2009

From Soumen (KOLKATA)

• Sh
    SHANAVAS Oct 18, 2009

NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE A LOOK AT THESE COMPLAINTS. ONLY THING WE CAN DO IS TO CAUTION OTHER PEOPLE FROM BUYING RELIANCE PRODUCTS. MAY BE IT WOULD MAKE SOME DIFFERENCE.

satyarchan Oct 07, 2009

how to take action on reliance?

Please tell me how to complaint these peoples so that I will arrange legal action.

SATHYANARAYANAN
    [protected]
    ([email protected])

• Ab
    abhijeet Jha Sep 13, 2009

Reliance Netconnect is worst and wastage of money! When i click the button Connect, a message comes saying modem not connected, even it is connected properly. The speed is so slow that even google site does not open properly. Next, When i open my orkut profile, i did not get connected. On asking it says that server is poor or not working. I'm fed up of all this. Do consider on this complaint and do something or i'll approach consumer forum. Reply soon.

• Ab
    abhijeet Jha Sep 13, 2009

Reliance Netconnect is worst. When I click the button Connect, a message comes saying modem is not found even it is connected properly. The speed is so slow that even google site do not open. When I open orkut, a message comes saying server is weak or poor. I can't talk to my friends or add application in orkut as i'm not connected properly. Please pay attention to this complaint or I will approach to consumer forum. Reply soon.

jayesh mhatre May 17, 2009

sir, i had applied for 1500 plan for reliance net conect card in which i have been told that downlod is free and u will have pay only 1500 monthly but now i have recived bill of Rs 4330 .so plz help me for this my name is jayesh mhatre and my data card no is9323673002.so plz help me

Manzey May 16, 2009

I bought Reliance Netconnect Broadband + ZTE modem yesterday in Bangalore and I really very much dissappointed that I blew up Rs 3500/-
    I already have BSNL & Airtel 512kpbs fixed connection and that is zillion times better than this. In one day, I have experienced sometimes speed of 1 - 2 kpbs and I was literally shocked to see this. Simple webpages like google and yahoo takes minutes to open at times.

I bought this connection to work from home thinking that even in case if there is a power outage, I can still be connected and work like in office. But, I am not only shocked, but also dissappointed. Although, I have UPS when the power goes and laptop battery can support for couple of hours, but when ever the power goes, the connection drops for a milli second and that's enough for the VPN to disconnect and I need to reconnect again. To avoid this, I bought this Reliance net connect broadband. I should have probably bought another UPS which doesn't fluctate when power goes or, invested in an inverter... :(

Its not only the speed, I have seen that my connection also drops in between and I have experienced it around 4-5 times in one day itself. At times, I get speed of 40-50 kpbs, but sometimes its really pathetic. When the connection drops off, I need to connect to VPN again and all the applications...it such pain in the ###. I wish they put these people behind bars for cheating public...but, being India, this will never happen...that's why they come with such false promises.

If anyone is planning to file a consumer case, I am ready to join / support them... since these people are taking us for a ride. They must be really laughing at us for successfully fooling us and walking all the way to bank and I am surprised how they fool people by promising a speed of upto 3.1mbps and you don't even get 2% of the promised speed. This really sucks...and this can happen only in India. These people have no ethics in life at all...they will do anything for money...you can see how the brothers fight for money...

I will never probably opt for any Reliance product again in my life...they are the biggest cheats in India.

• Up
    upadhyay83 Dec 25, 2008

Hi Guys

I have purchased USB modem for 2890/- recently from Reliance, they said the connection speed will be 144kbs.

The connectivity shows 230 kbps always, but It just fluctuates between 5kbs - 7 kbps and moreover the Reliance tower is very near to my house. I always have

It takes around 1 minute to bring up a simple homepage of google. It is with all the websites. Sometimes i need to retry 4-5 times.

Its not that my computer is slow, infact my computer is very fast.

When i got the modem i opted for freedom RC650_RC325, in which first two months the bill will be generated for Rs.325/- where in he told me that the surfing is UNLIMITED and 1 GB of download is free.

I confirmed several times and the realiance guy gave the same answer that surfing is unlimited and 1 GB download is free.

When i check the usage the data exchange (in MB) goes on increasing every day even if I do not download anything.

I called the customer care and they provide worst customer service. Just they just transfer the calls without listening complete issue. Every customer service executive gives various answers.

My appeal is just to set the right expectation to the customers.

Do not cheat customers and provide accurate solution.

• Yo
    yogesh bharti Dec 01, 2008

i want net boster driver urgently please help me.

• Ha