Pueblo bonito preferredTimeshare scam

L Review updated:

My husband and I purchased a time share with Pueblo Bonito Preferred in December 2014 and got scammed. We were told that we would have 3 weeks vacation in 2 and 3 bedrooms resorts each year but when we finally were able to access the website we found that the 3 weeks and 2/3 beds gets to converted to a dollar amount that we can use each year to put towards our vacations. The kicker is that pueblo bonito determines how much of YOUR mo at you can put towards each of your hotels/resorts which is usually a small percentage. This is not a timeshare but a discount website very similar to Priceline but not as good. When we confronted our realtor and her manager about lying to our faces they refused to refund our money because it's our word against theirs so they know what they are doing. The manager told me that if I wanted a refund for the discount website I could get $499 because that is all we paid for that and the remaining $7, 500 was for the 1 bedroom junior suite timeshare we purchased. We were not even interested in the junior suite because it was not impressive we were interested in the 2 and 3 bedroom villas we were promised by our realtor Jessica Schedler. She told us she just threw in the jr suite because you have to have some kind of timeshare to use the program. i just can't understand how a company can condone such unethical behavior.

•   Mar 11, 2015

At the moment of the timeshare presentation, the timeshare salespeople will tell you anything you need to hear to make you sign the timeshare agreement. This is the case of Pueblo Bonito timeshare, one of the most fraudulent resorts in the timeshare industry.

• E
      Jun 24, 2015

Were you able to refund or other options? I'm in the same boat and wondering what can be done. Thanks! I'm thinking if I can go through MESCAM

• T
      Mar 04, 2016

We purchased one in october were told we coould use the free points half for the resort the other half towards all inclusive fees, , then we did some investigating and found out it was not true!! among other things we were told everything was false ... we went back the next day and cancelled it DAVE LARSON said he would cancel it and said he would honour our cancellation we got back home and found out it still has not been cancelled. In a fight now with cc company over charges. They are liars and have no quirks about doing so to your face. Soo sad that a fellow canadian could rip off another canadian or anyone else for that matter where are your scruples ???

• R
      Nov 03, 2016

If you are thinking of buying bc they offer you the $49a week deal... DONT! They have deal for $49 but they are few and far between. I've had 2 vacation deal that ive actually usex year and half. One vacation was very nice, the other was a scam at the all inclusive resort Dreams.

Don't do it unless you want to throw your money away

• M
      Dec 05, 2016

This timeshare company is a scam as is their Preferred Passport program! I have been trying to sign up but get placed on hold and no one ever comes back on the line. We realize now that the complete deal is a SCAM!

• L
      Dec 24, 2016

The posts here are in my opinion scams themselves put on here by mexican lawyers who want your money. We just returned form Bueblo Bonito in Mazatlan and had a great time. It was an excellent deal and I would recommend it to anyone. Don't believe everything you read on this site as we met many people who also agree it is a good program.

• M
      Sep 16, 2017

@lammylamont Are you a pueblo bonito preferred timeshare holder. What other opinions do u have on it. We went to a presentation and really liked the credits they said you can use towards flights, activities, and all inclusive but we thought it was too good to be true. So if u have one and can share some input would be great

• G
      Sep 22, 2017

@Matthew24 please let me know if you find out any information about this program. we thought it looked appealing too

• N
      Sep 28, 2017

@Matthew24 DO NOT DO IT!!! IT IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!

• J
      Jan 06, 2018

We purchased in Sept 2017 and are still trying to get Juan Carlo to do what he said he would do! We were told they were going to get us out of our current time share & showed credit on our finance papers however the papers didn't show our weeks promised only points. He said not to pay the annual maintenance which was due at the end of the year because he would have us out of that contract in 30-60 days so we didn't. We are not out and the other place hasn't received anything asking to cancel. The "breakfast" turned into an all day affair of which after listening to all the options & instead of this lets do that type, We missed lunch & it was late afternoon when we finally was let loose with all the promises & Juan Carlo's card to call him with any questions & concerns. They wear you down to the point of brow beating & all you want to do is scream. I did tell them if the paperwork isn't settled in 5 minutes I was leaving & they could stick it. Funny how the paperwork came in in 5 minutes. We got home & couldn't use the phone # on the card. I could go on and on but don't want to waste any more time with these people. Our vacation in Sept was great except for this. I won't be going back!

• Q
      Oct 12, 2018

@jl91398 I completely feel your pain. Eli was slowly turning my yes answer into a quick no. I eventually cursed him all the way out. Additionally my paperwork didn't match up with anything they said. Fortunately, for me I offset all payments for 30 days. If I do not get a new contract that verbiage match the things that was agreed on and offered I am cancelling.

• T
      Aug 04, 2018

Just now in the 5 day period to cancel. I think i was given the wrong email address after franscisco said i could cancel. Now to send letters and block charges

• K
      Jun 10, 2019

It is a COMPLETE SCAM DO NOT BUY IT .

• K
      Jun 10, 2019

It is a complete SCAM DO NOT BUY THIS.