Princess Cruise Lines

Via Bartolomeo Bosco 57/1, Genova Italy 16121

Poland
Zlota 59, 00-120 Warsaw, Poland

Russia
Breeze Line Cruises and Tours, 5th Donskoy Dr., 21B, Bldg 10, 4th Fl, 119334 Russia, Moscow

Spain
Mundomar Cruceros, C/ Camino de Humera, 45, 28223 Pozuelo De Alarcon, Madrid, Spain

Switzerland
Cruise-Interconnect AG, Badenerstrasse 551, Zurich, Switzerland, 8048

Turkey
Halaskargazi cad, Senkal apt, № 37/1, Harbiye, Istanbul, Turkey

China
U.K. Carnival PLC Cruises, 15F, Verdant Place, № 128 West Nanjing Road, Shanghai, P.R. China 200003

Hong Kong
Carnival Corporation Hong Kong Ltd, Unit 1207 The Gateway Tower 1, Harbour City, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
Cruise Professionals LLP, 704, 8th Floor, K M Trade Tower, Kaushambhi, Ghaziabad – 201010, India

Japan
Carnival Japan, Inc., Daiwa Ginza Bldg, 6F.,6-2-1, Ginza,Chuo-Ku, Tokyo, Japan 1040031

Singapore
Carnival Plc, 10 Marina Boulevard, № 14-02 Tower 2, Marina Bay Financial Centre, Singapore 018983

Philippines
Unit 3504, 35/F Cityland Pasong Tamo, 2210 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila 1200, Philippines

South Africa
1st Floor, Unit 1, Beaulieu Office Park, Cnr Stallion & Papenfus Roads, Beaulieu, Kyalami, 1684 Midrand

South Korea
33rd Fl., Center One Building, West Tower, Euljiro 5-Gil 26, Joong-gu, Seoul, 100-210, South Korea

Taiwan
9F. - 1, № 77, Sec. 3, Nanjing E. Rd, Zhongshan Dist., Taipei City 10487

Thailand
191/1-2 Sathorn 12 RD, SOI Suksaviddhaya 2, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand

UAE & Middle East
Suite 408, Golden Business Center, 129-228 Port Saeed, Airport Road, Dubai POB 122028

Argentina
Lavalle 462 – 2nd Floor, Buenos Aires, Argentina, C1047AAJ

Brazil
Av. das Americas, 3959 Loja, 206 Barra Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 22631-003, Brazil

Complaints & Reviews

My recent Princess cruise

Booking number XR3V3D, Voyage number G007.
The price for the cruise in february was high for an inside room but I was told that a first time cruiser with Princess would get an upgrade. This did not happen as the Princess employee did not put in for it as I was told. The cost was$1, 996, 24 for and inside room. I specifically told Princess when I booked this thata the only reason we were cruising on this cruise was because my husband had found out that we could be in the Genuis Book of Records and get our Vows renewed with Captain Stubbing for the TV show er grew up watching. I booked an excuision, the drink package and a beer package and the photo package. I called back to confirem the vow renewal and was told I had not booked this to my surprise . I told Princess again why we wanted to take this cruise and renew our vows with Gavin Mccloud. Very quickly I was told I had to purchase a renewal so I did which was over $200. I was told that I could not board until after 2 pm, which was not accurate. I also asked did Princess give any military discounts and was told no. Imagine how upset we were to get onboardon the (th and find out that we were suppose to get a $250. on board credit if we sent in our DD214, which would have beenn no problem. We went down to the front desk and inquired about the vow renewal date as otheres were telling us that they had a notice in their cabin about the event they signed up for. we were told the cut off was over and there was nothing that could be done about it but we had booked a private renewal with someone other than Mr. McCloud. By then I was in tears. One of the supervisors ccame out and explained that Gunesis had cut the tie off, gave us our money back on the renewal and we were devasdate. I just wanted to go home. The supervisor Dean, was very nice and did out credit and a $200 on board credit sent us strawberries and champange this was all he offer at that time. We tried to get our military on board credit but it was denied as this is supposed to be submitted two weeks prior to sailing . which we were told that there were no military benefits.. My husband faithfully served his country for 32 years and retired a LTC and this was how we were treated even though it was a mistake done by Princess. That was not all. we requested early seating for dinner and got a &:$% seating and missed all shows that we were interested in because it took 2 hours every night to get our food and get out of there. Shows started from 7 til 9 every night! The first night on board our toilet was leaking out on the floor and it took 3 days to get it fixed even though housekeeping put it in on the first day. Also there was hair in our sheets when we turned them back our housekeeper did change them promptly. The last night on board we laid our clothes out for departure and put a bag of quarters under them so after dinner we were going to go to the casino. We were so late getting out of dinner we decided to just go to bed. I did notice the clothes were messed up but thought my husband may have done this. The next morning we got dressed and departed on the drive home I asked him what bag did he put the quarters in and he said he thought I had put them in something. So we had approximately $30 dollars in quarters taken from our stateroom. Dean did arrange for Gavin McCloud to do another renewal on Valentines which was very nice but the upset of not doing what was planned for about 5 months was very upsetting. The only other thing about the dinning was we were located on other end of the boat and our dinning was on the opposite end of the boat. So what was supposed to be the cruise of a lifetime for us after 29 years of marriage was quite a disappointing cruise. I must also say that Phoebe the lady who was to help with the shopping was quite rude and not available . On our last stop in Cozumel in our brochure it had coupon for Columbian Emeralds that we could purchase a Marahlago Bangle bracelet for $25 each or buy 2 and get one free. Upon arriving at Columbian Emeralds we were told that they did not have the bangles so we went in search of Phoebe which we were told she would be available for help at one of the stores listed on our Guaranteed Shopping Map. She was no where to be found. And had apparently gotten off the boat in Cozumel for a vacation. This is the first time we have ever had a complaint on any cruise we have taken. We love to cruise but this was not a cruise experience that would make us want to go on a Princess cruise again.
Sincerely and respectfully, Tamyla and LTC Paul James III

Unethical behaviour

Names: Ellen and Barry Nisbet
CC# 631491341B and 631491341A
On the 12th January we booked a trip from Hong Kong to Sydney on the Majestic Princess. Booking Number XCDG4H.
Our flights were booked through Princess and since on our request have been cancelled, and refunded to our account, thank you.
Over the last 2 weeks we have made numerous phone calls to Princess trying to cancel our cruise without luck. We have spent a considerable amount of time "holding" in the hope that we coule speak to someone, to no avail.
Being frustrated I decided to send an email to John Yambot so that we could cancel prior to the date that penalities may be incurred.
In the email to John I stressed that we did not want a refund but we wanted Princess to allocate the money to be used as a depoit on our future cruise when the virus was no longer an issue.
Obviously being what we consider to be loyal customers of Princess we felt our request would be handled in a manner to both our satistaction.
Imagine our surprise when we received an email, not a return phone call as requested from John, 5 days after my email was sent stating that we would be penalised because he was not at work on the day I sent the email.
We believe he should have had the decency of at least returning our phone call not an email.
With the dramas being experienced within the cruise industry I would have thought that looking after loyal customers would have been high on Princesses agenda. The fact that we wanted our money to stay with Princess should have made our intentions clear.
Very, very poor PR as far as we are concerned.
We will be very interested in your reply.
Kind regards
Ellen and Barry Nisbet
Phone: 02 [protected]
Mobile: [protected]

security

I was on the Royal Princess Dec.28 to Hawaii.
Somehow my purse went missing. I reported that day as soon as I noticed it was gone. The person on the desk said ok I will write it done. He wrote on a scrap of paper and that was it. The next day I went back and talked to someone else I Wass sent to security and they brought 5 people up to my room to go through everything. I filled out a written report. It needs to be replaced. The security man asked me why I hadn't done on the 28TH. I told him how I was treated.
I was also told to check every day and see if it turned up. finally after 12 days some one said they would check the port in SF and get back to me. No one got back to me I had to ask again and was told it was not there.
Right now I need a copy of that report for tax and insurance purposes.

Jeanne M Williams
[protected]
415 Mormon Street
Folsom
CA 95630

Incorrect info prior to cruise

I received an email to say we required visas for both Australia and New Zealand, this mail came from the recommended site by Princess for visas . We received mails from princess to remind us that we needed these visas. We applied for both and were absolutely shocked at the price but we bought them on princess recommendation. It turns out WE DID NOT require one for New Zealand and therefor I am requesting the £150 refund for these visas. We are platinum customers and I do not expect thing other than a full refund from a prestigious line as princess. Please update your communication for future cruises.
I look forward to your response and refund to my credit card.
Many thanks
Jackie livsey

Regal princess cruise on 1/1/2019 BAHA 514

Let me begin by stating that my husband and I are loyal passengers of Princess Cruises. We are currently booked on th new Enchanted cruise ship for December of 2020.

With that said our last cruise was definitely not up to Princess standards.

Our laundry was supposed to be free but we were charges 17$ for press only items. Not willing to wait in line at the pursers desk we just paid the bill.

We selected anytime dining as we eat early. Service was extremely slow. We waited 4 out of 7 night for over an hour. Compounded with that the food was served lukewarm.

Casino was very small and crowded.

I drink champagne only. Princess cruises have always served Korbel in a split. This year is was served by glass half filled. Very disappointing when you are on vacation.

Should our last cruise been our first cruise with princess we would not return. We have always been your best source of advertising.

Should you feel any adjustment is justified it would be greatly appreciated.

2144 hammond place center traverse city mi 49686

elimination of buffet-style dinner during sea days

We are currently on a 96-days World Cruise on the Pacific Princess. We left on January 20, 2020, with an expected disembarkation date of April 26, 2020. Thus far, we are having a great cruise until tonight when we went up to have dinner at the Panorama Buffet. We were seated and provided a menu. The wait to get our meal was long and the food served was lukewarm. The wait staff told us there will no longer be any buffet dining during sea days. We were shocked and was told this was a change dictated by the corporate office.

We do not enjoy the traditional dining room service because of the amount of time wasted sitting there waiting to be served. The variety of buffet-style dining, the freedom to select items that are compatible with our dietary needs and the shorter meal time are what we consider key factors of a good cruise.

This dining change severely impacts our enjoyment of the current cruise. We would not have booked this cruise with prior knowledge of no buffet-style dinner. We don't want to be miserable for the remaining 66 days of this World Cruise. Please restore the buffet-style dinner service at the Panorama Buffet. Thank you.

have received our reservation payment made back in may 29,2016

We took a trip on Grand Princess to Alaska. We made a reservation on 5/29/16 to be use in future date. We were unable to use it and would like it return to us $200.00. I called about in January 2018 and no response.
If you research your file you will be able to find us. Thanks you for you attention to this matter and been long over due. You can reach me at [protected]@yahoo.com

Our name is
date 5/21/16 to 5/31/16
Folio #4941

change in itinerary a month before cruise embarks/booking cp3ggj

To Whom It May Concern:

A month before we leave on 10 day cruise on Crown Princess, we are informed one of our stops (Grenada) has been removed from the itinerary (due to issues with the ship). We will receive $75 per person on board credit. I do not understand how missing 1/6th of our 6 days of stops warrants only a $75 credit. That is not comparable in reimbursement. Please advise. [protected]. Effective this cruise, my husband will be an Elite member. Would also like to understand in 15 cruises we have never been chosen for a potential upgrade from our mini-suite. Again, please advise. Thank You. Look forward to hearing from Princess.
Mary Regan/Richard Kenny

ship left us in mexico, after capt rerouted the ship due to generator problem

The ship was rerouted due to generator problem so the departure times had changed at each port. When we were...

shore excursion

We had complained about a terrible shore excursion and we have a letter that says we will receive an on board credit of 20% i contacted customers services and was told we each would get $112.50 per person off our final bill which is not reflected so how do i get my refund now that you have already collected on the final bill booking #HT6KMT i will be waiting to here from you soon [protected]@gmail.com

internet speed

I have enjoyed previous Princess Cruises with my family so naturally for my 20th Anniversary I recommended to...

availability of vegan food

Appauling shortage of vegan optioins on Sapphire Princess from Southampton to Norway last week. One night I...

ac unit, refrigerator

It took 7 times of calling and complaining to get the air conditioner working that I'm not sweating in my cabin. The other issue is I call I go down to the service desk and complain that the refrigerator is not working properly, now I'm told it's a cooler well how the got the cooler to cool they put a bucket of ice in it??? Why Time is money and money is time I'm wasting my vacation trying to get things fixed. I have been on a lot of cruises and I have been on Princes before what happened. What do you have to DO to get some results. My E-mail is [protected]@ptd.net, my name is Bruce Ream. Will someone call this ship and find out what is going on????????????

Purchase of a transfer shuttle from anchorage to whittier

After giving our full travel itineraries dates times etc. To the princess booking agent (september 4th flying...

file insurance claim for cancel trip 03/27/19 to 04/06/19 10 days s carb booking wxwn6n

I was feeling general weakness motion sickness and imbalance went my doctor she order test carted artery, ekg, then to heart doctor he did ultra-sound on my heart then to ent he did mri on my head then he did vng evaluation test came back I had vestibular hyposunction 83 percent weakness in inner ear they sent me to therapy for 11 weeks 22 times I file all the report the insurance request and they are still giving me a hard time 3 and a half months ago

excursion refund to sicily

Hi!My cruise WCVVMC (Catherine Villareal Catuncan)with Emerald last June 22, 2019 went great-I had paid ahead...

lack of information

I'm Elenita Manalo .I took the Australia and New Zealand cruise with the rest of my group.( V V2L2L February 18 2019. We bought bags and accessories from Louis Vuitton in Sydney. We bought the items with VAT taxes or taxes .Since we are foreigners we are entitled for the refund of the taxes.The only problem was we were misinformed at LV store .The sales rep said that we could register on line for the item that we bought in order to get a bar code and just scan the bar code at the airport in New Zealand.
The problem was that Australia and New Zealand are 2 different countries unlike the European Union countries wherein we could buy the item in one country and exit another country and still be able to claim the tax refund either in person or by mail.
Since it was a cruise from Australia to New Zealand, there was no airport to exit Australia.When buying in New Zealand, there's no taxes so it is duty free unlike Sydney, Australia taxes is added.
We cruise directly from Australia to New Zealand . We left New Zealand by air. Is there a place in the Sydney port terminal or immigration that we could have reported the Tax item in order to get the tax refund or could we have reported in the cruise ship?
We tried reporting it to Sydney LV but we were unable to get the refund.We are unable to register the items to the right location or department.
I think getting the right information will help us and other cruiser for future purposes. Don't know if you would be able to help me out to get a tax refund but the e information would still be very important. Awaiting for your response.Thank you very much.

pacific princess transfer to wrong terminal, june 12th to june 30th, iceland

booking WPGM7D, On June 30th, on our way home to Newark airport, Bus driver DROPPED passengers off at Heathrow airport outside of terminal 3, even though many protested that their confirmations of British Airways stated terminal 5, and that our transfers were prepaid. It took us a long time to find out how to get to terminal 5, and then we had to go outside for an elevator to take us to a train, and then a very long walk to terminal 5, leaving us physically and emotionally exhausted. In our haste, I left behind my favorite lavender short sleeved sweater (with buttons, maybe nylon) near the inside entrance to terminal 3, and couldn't get any official at terminal 5 to retrieve it. If you could get this sweater back to me, this might partially make up for any of the inconveniences and disappointment we have encountered. thank you for your consideration and previous history of cooperation. Phyllis Tuttle, 60 Omni Court, NEW CITY, NY 10956, USA, phone [protected], (best time 8:30-9:30am, M-F, if no answer, call cell at [protected])

gift purchased and not received to passenger on board

Booking no. CR7P4M Gift ordered on June 20 2019 for Mrs. Myrna Courey on 12 day voyage British Isle...

poor communication and resultant negative issues

Passenger - Maxine Beck
Booking Number WQ7NVJ
Voyage E916 - Europe Mediterranean

Having returned four days ago from a Mediterranean cruise aboard the Emerald Princess with our granddaughter, I have definite reservations about recommending Princess to anyone I know and even greater concerns about our upcoming voyage to Japan booked for August 15-23, 2020 for my husband, grandson and myself (conf. # WM7T8P). The destination and duration of this voyage are unique in the cruise industry at this point, or I would seriously consider cancelling.
After reading the account of our experience, perhaps Princess might consider some sort of compensation be applied to our upcoming trip for the lessons I've learned for future voyages. Had I used a travel agent, I may have missed some of the pitfalls we encountered. I admit some responsibility for the problems, but believe sincerely that a lack of more proactive policies on the part of Princess contributed as well - especially in the case of customers new to Princess.

Please respond to this communication to confirm that the issues have been heard by appropriate Princess officials with the authority to act appropriately.

Rome Excursion/Flight Conflict
November 2018 - booked extensive Rome excursion through Princess
January 18, 2019 - booked air travel with Princess agent Lisa (*note - agent was distracted by
conversations with husband during booking. Conversation was difficult, confusion with understanding the options she was giving regarding times, prices, etc.) Received email confirmation that looked accurate.

March ? 2019 - called to confirm debark procedure and luggage transfer in combination with the
debark tour of Rome. Agent Jamie confirmed that tour would end at the airport and Princess would deliver our luggage. NO mention was made of any conflict.

May 3, 2019 - received Travel Summary from Princess and I discovered a conflict with our
debark excursion booked in November 2018 and flights booked in January 2019 - both through Princess. Flight departure needed to be after 5 pm. to accommodate tour, but was booked for 1:20. Working with Princess agent Paul it was determined that rescheduling flights wasn't an option because (1) I would be charged $2, 500 + increased airfare totaling more than $3, 100 although Princess had done both bookings and (2) even if I were willing to pay this, the flights available at this late date required two layovers and nearly a 24 hour return time. I suggested that Princess might waive the late cancellation fee because they had created the conflict that, again, I discovered. Paul apologized and forwarded me to customer service. That agent said the best he could offer was $50 onboard credit for the three people in my group. I requested a confirmation that the "front office" or whoever was his superior had received the details of my complaint hoping they could offer a more acceptable solution. Instead, within an hour I received a phone call from a travel agent I didn't know in Florida (Peggy Mellen @ [protected]). She told me had received an email from Princess that she ascertained was intended for me regarding my cruise. It contained no new information regarding my complaint. How did she get this information and why? To date I've had no confirmation that this issue was forwarded. I then canceled the debark tours for refund hoping something else might work out but not wanting to incur further useless cost.
June 8, 2019 - checked with the shore excursion desk on board ship to attempt to arrange
something to allow us at least a "drive by of St. Peter's Square" in route to the airport as our granddaughter, a devout Catholic, really wanted to at least see it. They were unable to help.

June 12, 2019 - checked with an agent at the front desk for advice. He suggested that we get a
private taxi portside to take us on the desired route. I hesitated because I was totally unfamiliar with the situation at the port in Rome. I asked if anyone on staff could assist me with this, but was told I needed to make the arrangements on my own. He assured me that it "might sound scary, but wasn't really that difficult." Otherwise, they were unable to help. We were considering his suggestion, but the next day the Princess Patter arrived describing the debarkation process with a warning in bold letters that taxis at the port often take up to four hours or more to secure.

June 13, 2019 - checked at the front desk about the discrepancy of the information and was told
that the Princess Patter was accurate and that I needed to hire a private taxi to confirm transport before cancelling our scheduled ship to airport transfers. Agent Annie was very sympathetic and helpful. She searched for taxi companies in Rome but found that all but one taxi company required online confirmation. I would have to book personally which required me to pay an onboard fee of over $150 for personal email access. She did find one company that would book by phone and allowed me to use the ship's phone line, but that company never picked up. At this point I gave up. Rome wasn't going to happen for us at all.
After all that, the transport bus dropped us at the wrong terminal for our Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt.

Barcelona Hotel Transfer Complaint

Late May - called to confirm time of transport from Gallery Hotel in Barcelona to ship. As
Princess offered no tours that I was made aware of for this port, I had booked tour tickets on line in advance and was checking to see if there was any timing conflict. The Princess agent took over 30 minutes to discover that departure from the hotel would probably be at noon, but the hotel could probably hold our luggage. I was luckily able to reschedule the tickets I had purchased to suit this only to find out when we arrived at the hotel that the only transfer would be at 10:30 although the dock was only 4 miles away. This allowed almost no time that day to explore Barcelona as planned for which we had paid an additional $647.91 in hotel charges. Our only choice was for my husband to accompany our luggage to the ship at 10:30 while my granddaughter and I explored the city and then made our own way to the ship at additional cost. This situation was very poorly considered and communicated by Princess.
Based on the two major complaints detailed above, I suggest the following "upgrades" to communications between Princess and its future customers:
1. When booking air reservations, give Princess agents access to the debark excursions booked by the passenger they are working with in conjunction with the flight schedules to avoid timing conflicts.
Customers are consistently alerted about any conflicts when booking excursions, so the mindset is that this will continue forward in the process.
2. When passengers extend their trip prior to the voyage, timetables regarding transfers from hotel to ship should be available to allow passengers to plan their activities avoiding timing conflicts.
Onboard complaints

All of the staff on board were wonderfully helpful and worked exceptionally well to please us. Our granddaughter especially liked the youth coordinator if The Beach House for teens.

However, some of the policies of Princess worked against the goal of satisfied customers. Most notably:

1 - additional costs that weren't clearly defined when booking such as charges for soda, coffee offerings and cover charges for upscale dining for suite customers
2 - the annoying overkill of marketing art and jewelry. Prime example was the "fun" art scavenger hunt competition that we later discovered required us to be present at the art auction to claim our prize. So much for fun.
3 - most disturbing - the exorbitant charges for wifi access and even basic texting. The option of logging into the ship network to allow texting within the boat was not explained as an alternative to the $59 per device "social" offering of which we purchased two.

I repeat:

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of these suggestions and requests.

Maxine Beck