Menu
Princess Cruise Lines
reviews & complaints

Princess Cruise Lines
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

147 complaints
16 resolved 131 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Princess Cruise Lines. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
10:38 am

Princess Cruise Lines - Lost luggage

My name is Kim Nurse. My husband and I have just disembarked from a 14 night France, Spain and Portugal tour on the Sky Princess arriving back in Southampton on 23 April 2022. The night before arriving back in the UK, I was asked to leave my luggage outside my stateroom overnight, so that it could be collected from the luggage hall the following day. We were allocated Navy 7 luggage tags.

When I arrived at the luggage hall, one of my cases was missing. After a thorough search of all luggage tag colours and luggage lines in the hall, my case was still missing. I reported this to the Princess's contracted company SMS International Shore Operations - where Deborah Barfoot took details of the lost, confirmed it was not in the luggage hall, and said that a representative from princess cruises would contact me. So far I have not yet heard from anyone.

My vanity case was high gloss bright pink, hard shell, with carrying strap.

Desired outcome: I would like my case located and returned to me. Otherwise, I would like two charm bracelet sets - to be sent to me. I would also like to be advised of your compensation procedure for the missing case and contents.

Update by Kim Nurse
Apr 30, 2022 12:35 pm

Now all resolved. Case located and despatched to me by courier.

1:31 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Princess Cruise Lines - Not being able to get table placement by window on my back to back cruises starting on may 30, 2022

We are elite and usually in 40 most traveled passengers ! I called Ocean Navigator and they said they don’t have access to request by the back window in bonicelli dining room! Which when We went to Hawaii and they did ! It’s on the Ruby Princess! My name is Carol Jay and my booking numbers are 3L2Q9T on 5-30-22 and 3L2QMC on 6-9-22! Spent to long phone calls with no results! I’m getting tired of it! Please reply! My email is [email protected]

Desired outcome: Our 5:20 reservations by the back window in Bonecelli resteranant

L
6:24 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Terrible experience on Ruby Princess, 2LMVDX Embarkation day, we had been given a time to board the ship, 1pm, we arrived on time as we had been informed that if were arrived early we would be turned away, when we arrived we found a super long queue that we had to stand in, there was no green lane as stated on your app and it took over 2 hours to get our...

9:52 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Princess Cruise Lines - Cruise unable to travel wife has tendonitis in arm ms sufferer advised princess on 2nd april may not recover in time told we would loose all money.

Cruise cancelled twice by Princess due to covid restrictions we now need to cancel due to health reasons gave 3 weeks notice, see reply from IGLU attached.

Details as follows : Robert Clay and Heather Clay

23.4.22

Southampton to Norway 23.4.22 to 30.4.22

Cost 1740 excluding deposit from original cruise in Sept 20 458 ref 963610

19.9.20 booking no. XRVV7R original booking

Desired outcome: transfer to future cruise wife has tendonitis in shoulder very painful,booking no 2QCT8V loyal gold customer 8589642723,stil under treatment by physiotherapist referred on 6th April on going treatment also advised Princess

Update by robclay2
Apr 22, 2022 5:05 am

We have travelled a number of times with company feel thatcgiven level of notice to agent 3weeks we could be allowed to transfer to a later cruise,assume cruise is going ahead covid very active in our area,at risk as been in contact with positive cases.

S
9:37 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have attached a letter from Regal Princess as we were on Voyage G128Q BR: 2H8K3W on 30th Sept 2021. We had trouble with our cabin that needed urgent repair in the ceiling & got little sleep so the Guest relations kindly gave me the attached letter stating £150 credit per person on a future booking for Stuart Carbran 8573334507 & Amanda Miller...

J
5:18 pm

Princess Cruise Lines - Ethics

On Saturday, March 26, 2022, I noticed an email that we had been upgraded from the Cabin #A707 we had chosen on the Emerald Princess. The cabin they were trying to put us in was a deck below with a connecting door and an extra bunk. Immediately, I phoned Princess to get it changed back to the cabin we had originally picked, and it was within the 48-hour time limit. I thought it had been resolved until this morning when I opened our email only to discover that we didn't get our original cabin back, but it was one nearby. I called Princess Customer Relations and remained on hold for 3 hours, and during this time, I learned that we were moved, not so much as an upgrade, but to accommodate someone else who was traveling with others. I asked Customer Relations if they could move the people who were in our original cabin to the one they had put us in, and at first was told no because they were traveling together with someone who had the cabin next to it, but after I explained that it wasn't the right thing to do, and I was displeased, they were able to get it changed back.

We have been cruising with Princess for a while now and this made us feel

undervalued and underappreciated.

Desired outcome: Don't try to accommodate others at the expense of someone else getting bumped from their cabin.

3:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife and I booked a cruise on the Majestic Princess (March 12-19th 2022) We were told that we would have to provide a negative covid-19 test as well as proof of vaccinations to board the ship. (Which we provided). We were also told that Princess Cruise would provide a covid-19 test for us when we leave the ship so that we could return to Canada. We...

5:30 pm

Princess Cruise Lines - Voyage Cancellation - Please help us..

Booking orders: 2L8MXP (M227A 18 days Orient - Japan) has been cancelled & Princess send us a letter (see attached copy) giving us three options: 1) transfer to a recommended cruise. 2) A 110% future cruise credit. 3) A full refund. We have until April 15 to select an option.

When we call 661-284-4414 request to working on a replacement cruise or equivalent cruise, Princess denied with a simple reason: These options are not for the Casino booking. We only have a refund option. When we request review the letter that Princess has sent to us (say nothing about Casino) then the operator transfer us to others & others. We already purchased travel tickets, hotels ..Please review because this is not right, not with the guidelines from Princess. Princess should follow the guidelines that they sent to us notify how we would like our booking handled.

We just want to re-booking the order.

Booking 3P8T2W (M307A 17 days Souththeast Asia) has been cancelled & Princess send us a letter (see attached copy) giving us only two options: 1) A 100% future cruise credit. 3) A full refund. We have until April 15 to select an option. When we call 661-284-4414 request to working on a replacement cruise or equivalent cruise, Princess denied with a simple reason: These options are not for Casino booking. We only have a refund option.

Again, we just want to rebook not a refund.

We are currently booking so many cruises from Princess this year & future cruises. This cancellation is not convenient for us at all. Please review & help us. We would like to have a chance to re-booking these two cruises. Thank you for your help.

Dung & Anh Tran

17879 Via Casitas, Chino Hills CA 91709 - USA

(562) 673-5484

Email: [email protected]

Princess member: 657724407A

Desired outcome: We would like to have a chance to re-booking these two cruises with the similar cruises. Thank you for your help. We appreciate your response.

12:41 pm

Princess Cruise Lines - Princess Caribbean cruise line

Princess Caribbean cruise line this is my second attempt filing a complaint I was on the January 9 cruise booking number 2P9H7R cabin number D3 11 I have to have wheelchair assistance and I had to use a motorized scooter when I was mad at the bus to get on the ship there was a porter with a wheelchair but there was not another assistance to take my carry-on bag and my two other bags the porter put that heavy suitcase on my lap put one of the bags on my right handle of the wheelchair so I could not hang on took the other bag and put it up on this one he steers the wheelchair up with the same thing happened to me on the way coming down there was no on to take the bags this was very painful on my legs and I was very upset I told him so and he had no response when I get off the bus at the airport they parked almost a half a block away even nine I was not able to walk that I had to sit out in the sun for almost 30 minutes before they finally got someone with the wheelchair to come and get me I have been planning another cruise with your cruise line but I am very very upset about how I was treated Will wait for your response my email address is [email protected] thank you for listening again I am 74 years old . I have not put it out on Facebook so your other customers can see this I thought maybe we could settle this between you and I. will bb waiting for your response.this was 1-9-22 and 1-16-22

Desired outcome: Would like to see what you would offer me as I really do like your princess cruise lines and would like to take another cruise with your shit no

Update by cheryle kelly
Mar 03, 2022 12:45 pm

Some typo mistakes I use a motor capitalized scooter while I was in the ship plus not [censored] on the last sentence but ship.thank you 🤦‍♀️

K
10:58 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Princess Cruise Lines - Have not received our bill for cruise we just returned from

We just return from a princess cruise. We could not download the medallion app and have not received a detailed bill for the cruise although the charges did hit our credit card. I was told in the last day of our cruise that we would be receiving an email detailing all of our charges but never received it.

Our booking number was 3R8M5K on Regal Princess.

Desired outcome: I require detail on the charges on my credit card. I don't recognize any of the amounts.

M
11:07 am

Princess Cruise Lines - Impossible to contact Princess Cruises

I have just spent 1 ¼ hours holding the phone trying to contact Princess Cruises and have tried all other possible ways to contact them with no success

The phone message told me to look at FAQs but they do not answer my questions.

It also told me to fill in ‘the short contact form’ which again gives no relevant options so is useless.

I have tried to email but cannot find any email address.

Desired outcome: Complete failure

M
1:08 pm

Princess Cruise Lines - customer service

this happen today but it happens all the time your workers have no common sense I have so many scars because of princess cruise i hurt. First such a big company i should not have to Waite one hour to talk to someone. Second this guy Robert that picks up is plain stupid. I tell him who I am # 8587556729 I want to hold two Balcony's next to each other and I tell him the ship is filling up. He does not listen. He does he procedure with out doing what I ask. It took 33 more minutes for me to get through his procedure for the first cabin. Meanwhile the 8 cabins that were available on the 10 floor had booked with someone else. What wrong with this picture. Princess better wake up you are loosing customers. I get flyers from a lot of cruise companies. I already canceled one cruise for this year. There was a clusters of mistakes when I cruise in last December 2021. You know last two years I have booked and sailed and three different call ins was answered by the same guy. But he was précised. Once I said my name, he remembered me. He told me he was retiring. good man I am so upset with this Robert guy for being so stupid. I am done with Princess Cruise line.

1 comment
Mar 03, 2022 12:47 pm

Eye 2 Eye voided anywhere from one hour and a half to two hours to try to get a hold of anybody on princess cruise line to file a complaint I bet you I have tried 5-7 times. If my last complaint does not work I will try to write the company but it is so frustrating so very very frustrating I’m 74 years old and have never been treated like this with any other cruise line and I love princess cruises

J
1:43 pm

Princess Cruise Lines - Cruise cancellation

Member # 8609941652

On 1/3/2022, I called to cancel my cruise scheduled for 2/5/2022 due to my party of 3 not being comfortable with the high COVID cases. We have travel protection. The message when I called said that due to the high volume of callers for those with cruises after 1/31/2022 to call the next week. I called 1/12/2022 and since it was less than 30 days we would lose our deposit. I was following the directions given by the phone message. I don't feel this is fair, and in such situations, deposits should be returned.

Desired outcome: To have deposit returned

E
11:14 am

Princess Cruise Lines - incorrect refund amount

my name is Edward Middleton and my cancelled booking # 2H3L7X which I cancelled along with EZ air and the are refunding me of the $2, 248.62 paid only $1460.04 A fee of $788.58 was for the Ez Air which they claimed was not flexible air however my booking shows Flexible Air. I have talked to customer service 3 times and put on hold and eventually cut off. I have sent copies to Princess with nob response.

Desired outcome: I want the additional $788.58 refunded.

12:28 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am Mr. Rene J Camou II, Member No: 619193854A. My complaint concerns my Booking No: 2T2L2W. I was moved to write you with a diatribe against the inanities of your technical organization and certain policies. My credentials: I have held positions of supervision of up to 3, 000 people. I am not technical, but once managed 300 technical staff who developed...

5:52 pm

Princess Cruise Lines - Bad princess cruise travel planner

Please help:

For the past 6 weeks, we have been trying to get Morgan Velasquez, Cruise Vacation Planner, 1-800-901-1172 ext. 21834 by email and phone calls asking about the price of the cruise several families booked as a group. Some have balconies and some have suites. It is a 7 day Alaskan cruise on Crown Princess leaving May 21, 2022.
We found the prices for the balcony to be much lower on the Princess website AND on Vacations To Go. We sent page shots and links to the offers for the exact same cruise. She does not answer our calls or our emails.
We want the lowest advertised price for all of the rooms we booked for that cruise.
Please respond asap regarding the prices.
Diane Haslag
Lati Rahmaniasl

Desired outcome: Reduced room for upcoming cruise

E
12:40 pm

Princess Cruise Lines - Emed covid testing

We are booked on the Princess out of SF on Oct. 31st. As requested we ordered two of the Binax NOW COVID-19 test kits. Since we were instruction to conduct the test two days before boarding we did our two tests on Friday. My wife did hers first and was told she was negative and her results would be sent via e-mail. I did mine next and there was an issue about my registration and my drivers license name. I go by Ed but my legal name is Eddie which is on my licenses. I had to re-register on eMed to do my test. I did so and my test also came back negative and I was told the results would be emailed to me. This did not happen and after and hour I started calling and emailing to eMed to try and resolve this. The next day, Saturday, I received an email from eMed stating they could not locate my test results and they would send me another test kit which should arrive in 24 hours and I could retake the test. This of course did little to resolve the issue since we are due to be on board the ship before the kit arrives.

My hope is we can locate someone, somewhere, who can validate a test so we may cruise. My suggestion to Princess is to evaluate the two day before cruise testing since this leaves the guest in a bad situation should eMed lose their tests. You may also wish to rethink how good eMed is since everyone I spoke with at eMed has English as a second language and maybe this could have caused the confusion.

I appreciate Princess being careful of passengers with COVID but this has been the most stressful cruise experience I have ever had and I will advise my friends to hold off on cruises until this mess is cleaned up.

L
3:51 pm

Princess Cruise Lines - Replacement cruise for cancelled cruise from princess

Our cruisetour was cancelled in July for March 2022 to New Zealand/Australia.
The replace cruise they offered us was summit on August 26. The deadline was August 31. Princess first gave us FCC on 9/24 Incorrect. They finally changed it the cruisetour we selected from the list on October 11, but now we are on a waitlisted, for a mistake that Princess made on our rebooking. It took them almost 2 months to rebook us. Through email correspondence, they have admitted to the mistake, but this is not resolved. They said there is no space for us on the cruisetour they offered us, and it was there mistake. They only thing they could do is place us on a waitlist #4. So, I just need to know how they plan on fixing their problem. They need to offer us the same cruisetour and make sure we are not on a waitlist. I am extremely annoyed with this issue. I have tried to be patient. My travel agent has also contacted a customer assistant supervisor and a customer relations person.

Desired outcome: A cruise tour replacement for the one they cancelled.

11:07 am

Princess Cruise Lines - Princess cruises & ocean navigator

Hello. We booked a cruise booking # 2D9N7N for Donald & Bobbie Hufham about June 7th for Dec. 4th thru Dec. 9th. After paying in full Sept.19th we began trying to check in through the Medallion app. For the last 4 days we have spent approximately 10 hours of our time, most on the phone, & each of us on our Iphones trying to correct Princess failure to send the correct information to Ocean Navigator for the Medallion app. to work correctly. Finally they got it right & we're checked in. We are old & this was extremely stressful for us & time consuming of no fault of our own. We feel Princess Cruises should do something nice for us after going through this horror. Thank you, Donald Hufham

Desired outcome: An onboard credit.

7:01 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir, I am writing to you because although I have emailed your UK customer services 3 times about the subject below, they have failed to respond. I can only guess at the reason they refuse to provide an answer. The same email was sent both P&O and Princess Cruises. It should be noted that P&O do not now require a PCR test for a child under 18 who ha...

Princess Cruise Lines contacts