Menu
Royal Caribbean Cruises Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Royal Caribbean Cruises
reviews & complaints

www.royalcaribbean.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 213 Reviews

Royal Caribbean Cruises Complaints Summary

21 Resolved
192 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Royal Caribbean Cruises's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Royal Caribbean Cruises has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Royal Caribbean Cruises. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Royal Caribbean Cruises reviews & complaints 213

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Royal Caribbean Cruises reviews & complaints

M
3:49 pm EST

Royal Caribbean Cruises Affairs in the Marine of the seas ship

I'm so disappointed that you guys are promoting affairs under your watch, my Husband Tinashe Goronga came there so that he can provide for his 2 kids but now apparently he impregnated a lady named Judith who recently joined your team and how are you guys keeping pregnant people in your ship is it allowed?Now my husband extended his contract, he was supposed to be home with the kids now his busy with the affair and the kids are suffering without food. Im so disappointed, you have to think of families left behind.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Royal Caribbean Cruises representatives only. If you are affiliated with Royal Caribbean Cruises, please claim your business to access these details.

11:42 am EST

Royal Caribbean Cruises - Medical care on harmony of the seas

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines--Customer Relations Department I am writing to bring to your attention a matter of utmost concern regarding the recent experience my family and I had aboard the Harmony of the Seas, a vessel we have come to cherish as patrons of Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. I made numerous attempts to provide the doctor with essential...

D
9:04 pm EST

Royal Caribbean Cruises - I am complaining about my last cruise

my husband and I booked and paid for a 7 night South Pacific Cruise on the 10th of November this year sailing from Brisbane Australia only be told on the day of at the cruise terminal that we would not be going there We were never told prior this sailing and were not offered any thing like a refund or to another sail date which we would have taken This a...

Read full review of Royal Caribbean Cruises

Is Royal Caribbean Cruises legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Royal Caribbean Cruises as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 9% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Royal Caribbean Cruises stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Royal Caribbean Cruises should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Royal Caribbean Cruises earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Royal Caribbean Cruises achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Royal Caribbean Cruises. The company provides a physical address, 8 phone numbers, and email, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Royalcaribbean.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Royal Caribbean Cruises website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Royalcaribbean.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Royalcaribbean.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Royal Caribbean Cruises, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with Royal Caribbean Cruises is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

According to our analysis, Royal Caribbean Cruises appears to be offering travel services on their website. While many travel companies are legitimate, it's important to be cautious and do your research before booking a trip to ensure that you are getting a good deal and not falling victim to a scam.

Royal Caribbean Cruises website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Royal Caribbean Cruises has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 9% of 213 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Royal Caribbean Cruises. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
B
5:03 pm EST

Royal Caribbean Cruises - Poor customer service and no accountability

My Husband and I took a cruise on the Harmony of the Seas from 11/01/2023 through 11/05/2023. On day 2, I came down with a horrible rash on my face after sleeping in the bed and room that was not clean. This cause an allergic reaction which elevated my blood pressure. I had to see the doctor and receive treatment for both. Needless to say, we could not...

5:20 pm EST

Royal Caribbean Cruises Insurance

Hello good afternoon we were on the Fredon of the Seas back on August 26th 2023, I purchase insurance like I usually do when we travel, and got sick while on board, I was seen by the ship doctors and before I left the ship we settle the Bill in full, upon arrival I send all the info as requested by the insurance comp AON and there going back and forth asking for this and that so they don't have to pay, I was told I need to file a claim to my primary insurance which is Medicare , I told them why should I do that when we always purchase insurance in all our trips and the reason people do well to make a long story short they are not going to pay well you lost a customer and you should check and see what you offer people before you sell it.

Reference number 3368490

Claim number 23RCC15793

Jose Gonzalez

M
8:10 am EST

Royal Caribbean Cruises Cruise

Booked a cruise over the phone with Royal Caribbean and was told it was fully refundable if I canceled within a certain amount of time before the cruise. I contacted Royal Caribbean to cancel and then wanted to book another destination which would have been thousands of dollars more. They said that they would need to review the call where I was told my deposit was refundable and get back to me. They never got back to me. I then emailed the executive office and McKenna responded and basically told me too bad and did nothing for me. So now I’m stuck going on this cruise because of the lie Royal Caribbean told me and will never cruise with them again. I never even got my cruise receipts upon booking and had to call to get them to send them to me. Very unprofessional.

R
3:48 am EST

Royal Caribbean Cruises - Service, food, much more

I have been on 2 of tge 4 royal Caribbean cruises I booked this year and have written so many times in regards to money wasted because the call center doesn't know or care about giving correct information. After many attempts to email and call I received a FCC for me and my friend. I paid for everything on the cruise- precruise items and of course the...

4:28 pm EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises - Harassment on ship-security not addressing issue

Freedom of the Seas-October 23rd, 2023 - October 27th, 2023 On day 1 of the cruise I encountered harassment that continued throughout the entire length of the cruise. Day 2 of the cruise, I went down to the front desk/customer service desk and presented the staff with my harassment issues coming from an unknown cruise patron. I was told by the front desk...

11:04 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Royal Caribbean Cruises - Not paying refund of quarantine on The Radiance of the Seas from 24-26 of August 2022

Claim for damages for sail with The Radiance of the Sea. From August 19 – August 26 2022 Total costs € 1358,57 and Can $ 738,65 This can paid on our bankaccount NL14INGB000202066 JLW Roomer en M. Roomer-Bosman Or Mastercard [protected] valid till 02/27 JLW Roomer Information reservation 9647015 (account [protected]) Marian Bosman diagnosed...

7:33 pm EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises Out of control guest

Just got off of allure of seas7 day cruise oct 22. I have never seen the trash dope dealing people that royal allowed to destroy our week of cruising. First time I have not felt safe been on dozens of royal cruises, 300 people kick off of boat for selling drugs, does royal even look for drugs or just extension cords and heating pads get drug dogs check bags better, does royal want to go broke like budwiser and disney world. Very disappointed with royal

Desired outcome: get dope dogs screen your large groups get your head out of [censored]

Read full review of Royal Caribbean Cruises and 1 comment
1 comment
Luannski
Houston, US
Nov 10, 2023 11:54 pm EST

I had heard a rumor that 300 people were kicked off this Cruise but couldn't find any verification.

Could you provide more details or photos?

10:34 am EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises Delayed plane caused missed ship

My husband booked our honeymoon, our very first cruise for Adventure of the Seas. We got to Fort Lauderdale Airport and we're diverted to Saint Petersburg due to a bomb threat. We finally flew back to Ft Lauderdale and the ship had sailed. We called to explain our situation and their attitude is "too bad. You're not getting any sort of refund." Very unprofessional and will NOT recommend them to ANYONE.

Desired outcome: Refund

9:38 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Royal Caribbean Cruises - Horrendous 7nt greek/adriatic cruise on enchantment 9/11-18/23

I am sure r.C. Is used to tons of complaints over the years as your company has become so terrible and seems to be only interested in treating us members as atm machines. I had the misfortune of taking this cruise from hell and want you to know the royal caribbean is nothing like what it used to be in the past. You had some nightmare employees like louis at...

I
7:50 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Royal Caribbean Cruises - Royal Caribbean gift certificates sold through MyGiftCardsPlus

I purchased two $100 gift cards in December 2022 for a cruise that I took for my birthday in February 2023. I have yet to receive the full value of those gift cards. First I was told to send them to Shared Services; which I did. Then I was told that they could not be used to purchase my cart. Then I was told that I could not use them for my fare since it...

N
3:09 pm EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises promonitial rates

just want to let you know that RC does not honor rate reductions. I book a cruise a couple of weeks ago and looked this weekend and the price has dropped by $231.00 and they will not honor that price. I even asked to transfer the deposit to the new booking and they claim they can do that.

orignal booking 8841213 new booking with discounted rate 2761885

Desired outcome: to have the original booking reduced to new booking rate or transfer deposit from original booking to new booing

Read full review of Royal Caribbean Cruises and 1 comment
1 comment
P
P
Peter2023
, US
Sep 19, 2023 1:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Happened to me too. They tell you to book early to save money. That is obviously a lie and a class action should be brought. I spoke to their executive resolution team and they said sorry it didn't work out for you this time. Seriously?

12:32 pm EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises - Broken luggage

Good afternoon: I would like to share my experience related to my recent. My party consisted of a wife, daughter, and grandson. I am partially handicapped with a bad back and a groin strain. I was impressed at the speed and easy the baggage handler treated us. It was a pleasure going through customs and we were directed to each point with considerable...

4:54 pm EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises 1st responder discount not honored

We booked our cruise with Royal Caribbean through their website at the end of April 2023. One of the main reasons we booked with Royal Caribbean was that they advertised a 1st Responder discount. When booking there was no option to select the discount at the time of purchasing so I contacted Royal Caribbean by telephone. I was told that the only way they could apply the 1st Responder discount was upon checking in on the cruise at guest services and that we would need to bring two forms of identification to show that my husband is in fact a 1st responder.

Two weeks later I received an email from Royal Caribbean that said the price of our cruise had dropped so I contacted Royal Caribbean and they said that since we had paid in full they couldn't refund us on our guaranteed interior room but what they could do was upgrade us to a guaranteed ocean view room and refund us the price difference from what we paid (this was $602.00). They sent me the updated invoice showing the new payment price and this was dated May 18, 2023 (there was no mention of a 1st Responder discount on this invoice that I received on May 18, 2023).

When we checked into our cruise on July 1, 2023 we went to guest services with my husbands two forms of identification and the guest services representative said that she had never heard of this before and would have to contact Royal Caribbean. We came back the next day and were told that per Royal Caribbean we should have requested the 1st Responder discount when we booked the cruise and there is nothing they can do for us. I was pretty upset and said that I had called and requested it at the time of booking was told that they couldn't offer the discount over the phone. We were told that they would look into it further and they gave us a $10 bottle of wine and we were sent on our way.

After we got off our cruise I have spent the last month emailing with Royal Caribbean and getting a different guest services representative every single week who keeps saying that the $602.00 refund was the 1st Responder discount. They are adamant that when I called to discuss the price drop of our room that the representative just randomly gave us the 1st Responder discount even without seeing the 2 forms of valid identification or me even discussing it with them. Also the 1st Responder discount is a 10% discount and the $602.00 refund would technically be more in line with a 20% discount.

At this point I am more upset about the absolute disregard Royal Caribbean has shown for their customer service and the fact that they state on their website that they have a 1st Responder/Military Discount and then this is how they treat anyone who actually tries to use it. I have been lied to at every turn when all I have tried to do is get an answer.

If it was as simple as requesting it over the phone when I booked then why was I not provided that information when I called the very first time. I am greatly disappointed with Royal Caribbean and I will definitely be letting every 1st Responder and Military family I know to not use this terrible company who does not honor what they advertise.

Desired outcome: I would like someone from Royal Caribbean to take the 1st Responder and Military Discount that is advertised off their website. Because they do not actually honor it.

11:43 pm EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises Customer Service is a joke

I have called repeatedly for the last two days regarding a ship transfer from Venice to port of Ravenna. When I purchased, I informed the rep that I was going to be in Venice for a few days prior to cruise and he said that we could meet bus at the transportation center on Venice. When i received my documents, my transfer information states that I need to meet at the airport which is 20 minutes from the transportation center. I have called 5 times and cannot reach anyone except the call center in Manila which is the team that made this mistake. Twice I was disconnected with no call back despite being asked if number I was calling from was good in case we were disconnected. Twice I was put on permahold and no one came back, I hung up after 15 minutes. The final time I asked for a number to US office and was told they do not have one. This is poor customer service and the online form seems to be ignored as well since I filled out asking how to correct this error with no response.

Desired outcome: I would like Royal Caribbean to contact me as requested.

5:31 pm EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises Expensive tours

I booked a cruise from Miami to the Bahamas from March 13 to 17 on Freedom of the Seas, and everything was going well until I got the bill where I see that they charge 192 in tips without telling me that it was optional and I had to pay it because it was already the last day of the cruise. (I had already given them in cash to the staff who attended me in the different spaces of the cruise). After that, I had booked a tour that seemed quite expensive to me ($447) but my flight was leaving at 10 pm, so I needed to do something for 12 hours. and then I realized, when I was already on the tour, that with the payment of a ticket for a single person with Royal Caribbean ($149), I could have paid for 3 tickets with the same company and the same tour. Big Bus Miami Hop On Hop Off 24hr Bus Tour $49 per person. That was a scam.

Desired outcome: REFUND

2:54 pm EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises Lost luggage

BE WARNED: Royal Caribbean customer service rates a zero. On a recent 17 day Royal Caribbean cruise, our luggage was lost on disembarkation. The so called security agent, at the luggage holding, ran out of forms so he took down the information. We also filled out the form online. After 6 weeks of back and forth they are offering $50.00 instead of the $3,000.00 value we put on it.

A
11:04 am EDT

Royal Caribbean Cruises Laser facial treatment is a scam!!

Oasis of the Seas

April 2023

I went to the spa and had a consultation about the dark spots on my face… they were oh so happy to give me the laser facial treatment and said that the dark spots would fade or be gone. This cost me about $3,000.00 and the results are terrible. What a joke. I am so disappointed… I inquired with Royal Caribbean and was told sorry can’t help you. They didn’t even investigate anything! This is a scam. I am very disappointed as I spend quite a bit of money on every cruise at the spa! No longer and I will tell everyone I can on social media to stay away from your services!

Desired outcome: I want a refund. They told me it was a guaranteed service.

Royal Caribbean Cruises In-depth Review

Overview:

Royal Caribbean Cruises is a renowned company with a rich background and history in the cruise industry. With a mission to provide unforgettable experiences at sea, they value innovation, excellence, and customer satisfaction. As one of the largest cruise lines in the world, Royal Caribbean has a wide reach and offers cruises to various destinations across the globe.

Cruise Destinations:

With Royal Caribbean, travelers have a plethora of destinations to choose from. Whether you're looking for a tropical getaway in the Caribbean, an adventure in Alaska, or a cultural exploration in Europe, they have it all. Their itineraries are both popular and unique, ensuring that every traveler can find the perfect cruise experience. Additionally, Royal Caribbean's accessibility to different regions makes it convenient for travelers to explore various parts of the world.

Fleet and Accommodations:

Royal Caribbean boasts a diverse fleet of ships, each offering a unique experience. From the luxurious Oasis-class ships to the intimate and immersive Quantum-class vessels, there is a ship to suit every preference. The amenities and features onboard are top-notch, including pools, spas, fitness centers, and more. When it comes to accommodations, Royal Caribbean offers a range of cabin options and sizes, ensuring comfort and convenience for all guests.

Onboard Activities and Entertainment:

There is never a dull moment on a Royal Caribbean cruise. With a wide range of activities for all age groups, everyone can find something they love. From thrilling waterslides and rock climbing walls to relaxing spa treatments and yoga classes, there is something for everyone. The live shows, performances, and nightlife options onboard are also exceptional, providing entertainment and excitement throughout the cruise.

Dining and Culinary Experience:

Royal Caribbean offers a variety of dining options to satisfy every palate. From casual buffet-style dining to specialty restaurants offering cuisines from around the world, there is something to please every food lover. The quality of food and service is exceptional, ensuring a memorable culinary experience for all guests.

Customer Service:

Booking a Royal Caribbean cruise is a breeze, thanks to their user-friendly website and easy navigation. Should you need any assistance, their customer support team is responsive and helpful, ensuring a smooth booking process. Once onboard, the staff is known for their friendliness and professionalism, making guests feel welcome and well taken care of throughout their cruise.

Safety and Security:

Royal Caribbean prioritizes the safety and security of its guests. They have stringent safety measures and protocols in place to ensure a worry-free cruise experience. In the event of an emergency, the crew is well-prepared and trained to respond promptly and efficiently. Medical facilities and services onboard are also available to cater to any medical needs that may arise during the cruise.

Environmental Sustainability:

Royal Caribbean is committed to environmental sustainability. They actively work to reduce their environmental impact through various initiatives and practices. Additionally, they have partnerships with conservation organizations, further demonstrating their dedication to preserving the environment and promoting responsible tourism.

Value for Money:

Royal Caribbean offers competitive pricing and excellent value for money compared to its competitors. Inclusions and extras provided, such as onboard activities and entertainment, dining options, and exceptional service, contribute to the overall customer satisfaction with the value received from a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Reviews and Testimonials:

Customer reviews and ratings for Royal Caribbean cruises are overwhelmingly positive. Guests praise the exceptional service, exciting itineraries, and top-notch amenities. While there may be occasional areas of improvement or concerns raised by customers, the overall feedback is highly favorable.

Loyalty Program and Benefits:

Royal Caribbean offers a rewarding loyalty program for frequent cruisers. Members can enjoy exclusive perks and benefits, such as priority boarding, onboard discounts, and access to special events. The redemption options and value of loyalty points make it worthwhile for loyal customers to continue choosing Royal Caribbean for their cruising needs.

Accessibility and Inclusivity:

Royal Caribbean strives to provide a comfortable and inclusive experience for all passengers. They offer accommodations for passengers with disabilities, ensuring accessibility throughout the ships. Family-friendly facilities and services cater to the needs of families traveling with children. Additionally, Royal Caribbean is committed to LGBTQ+ inclusivity and support, creating a welcoming environment for all guests.

Partnerships and Collaborations:

Royal Caribbean has established collaborations with other travel companies and brands to enhance the cruise experience for their customers. These partnerships offer unique experiences and advantages, such as exclusive shore excursions or onboard amenities, further adding value to the overall cruise experience.

Future Plans and Innovations:

Royal Caribbean is constantly looking towards the future of cruising. They have upcoming ship launches and renovations planned, ensuring that their fleet remains modern and innovative. New features and technologies are being introduced to enhance the onboard experience, providing guests with the latest in cruise ship amenities. The company's vision for the future of cruising is focused on delivering unforgettable experiences and pushing the boundaries of what a cruise vacation can offer.

Conclusion:

Royal Caribbean Cruises is a leading player in the cruise industry, offering exceptional experiences at sea. With a wide range of destinations, diverse fleet, top-notch amenities, and outstanding customer service, they consistently deliver on their mission to provide unforgettable vacations. Whether you're a family looking for a fun-filled adventure or a couple seeking a romantic getaway, Royal Caribbean has something for everyone. With their commitment to safety, sustainability, and inclusivity, you can cruise with peace of mind, knowing that you're in good hands. Choose Royal Caribbean for your next cruise and embark on a journey of a lifetime.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Royal Caribbean Cruises contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Royal Caribbean Cruises?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Royal Caribbean Cruises Customer Service. Initial Royal Caribbean Cruises complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Royal Caribbean Cruises above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruises. Discuss the issues you have had with Royal Caribbean Cruises and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.