PNC Financial Services Group Logo

PNC Financial Services Group

Having problems with PNC Financial Services Group?

+1 888 762 2265 (Customer Service)
+1 800 352 2255 (Virtual Wallet)
+1 800 558 8472 (Personal Credit Card)
+1 800 822 5626 (Mortgage)
+1 877 287 2654 (Business Banking Accounts)
+1 800 474 2101 (Business Credit Card)
+1 800 622 7086 (Investments Accounts)
+1 866 465 2762 (Spanish Language)
+1 800 531 1648 (TDD Terminal)
One PNC Plaza 249 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

PNC Banklost 5, 000 check

We put a check in the ATM and received an image receipt for a deposit. The check had 2 signatures on it and only one person on the account. So instead of a phone call to ask the second person to verify their identity they told us the check was deposited and then withdrawn and we can't have it back. It's now an image that is in a back room where they handle return items, either in Pittsburg or Columbus, they weren't sure. The manager assured us that she would speak to someone after 3 days and their was a slim chance that they could intercept the "image". Then the image would be MAILED to our house, but not deposited into our account. Even though the second signature has been verified and ID shown to the manager. In the meantime Pnc has our check and our money for at least a week. Watch your money folks, you never know what back room it might end up in. Unbelievable!

PNC Bankrefusal to accept my deposit

I attempted to deposit $422 in coins and the teller told me that li had to call her a day before I attempt to bring coins to the bank. She went on to tell me that she did not have any where to put my coins. Therefore, she did not accept my deposit. The teller displayed total attitude. Her behavior was totally unacceptable and should not be alloyed in a place of business.

PNC Mortgagerefuse to release insurance money

Same story, different storm. I have over $26, 000 in PNC's hands after Hurricane Sandy. I have submitted everything and paid for the renovations out of pocket. They were supposed to overnight the check last week after I called the President of PNC Financials office but they couldn't even do that right. They "accidentally" mailed the check through the post office. Six days later, no check. And guess what? Surprise! The 1st came and I did not pay the mortgage. And won't until I get my insurance damage money. The insurance company was a dream. PNC, a nightmare.

PNC Bank/Home Equity Loan — terminated my loan

Decades ago from a local bank (St. Francis Bank, later to become National City now PNC Bank) I took out a...

PNCmortgage blunders

I closed on my house in July 2012. I received a Winter Tax bill in October 2012 and called PNC. After speaking to several customer service reps, I was able to get them to understand that PNC needed to pay my taxes with the escrow they are collecting in my house payment. In February 2013 I received a past due Winter Tax bill and called PNC. This is when it was discovered that PNC sent $900 of my money to another city for somebody elses taxes. After many calls and much discussion, I was told that everything would be straighten out and that is when I received a statement from PNC that my mortgage escrow was short and my house payment will go up. I was told to continue to pay the old house payment amount and they are stil working on straightening my mortgage out. In April, I receive a letter from PNC that I did not pay enough in my house payment so they took money out of my escrow to cover the difference (even though the I was told to pay the old amount and even though PNC took $900 of my money and sent it to a city that I don't live in).

PNC Bankdiscrimination

I asked the teller to make a copy of the check; while it was still attached to the letter it was received. The teller was very polite and completed the request. I wanted to deposit the check while receiving money back. He asked the teller next to him if that was OK; she stated that the manager would need to OK that. He repeated his co-worker’s response and stated that he would ask the manager to approve. This branch office has all glass windows, very small area. I could see the teller interrupt the manager and another staff person to ask if she would approve this money back. The teller returned and stated that the manager refused to approve. I asked how much can I keep from the deposit. He did not know, refused to interrupt and ask the manager again “you’ll have to ask her yourself.” “Please wait over there in front of her office”.

I went to wait for her and another associate came and asked me to come into his office instead. I repeated my request and he explained that the only person that could approve this was the manager. They had separate offices, but shared clear glass wall and an opening between them. I asked him to please ask her. He hesitated, got up walked around the clear glass, knocked on the wall and asked her to approve the deposit. She said “no”. He returned to sit in front of me and repeat that she was the only person that could approve this and she said no. I asked if I could talk with her in person, while continuing to sit behind her desk, she then stated to me through the glass wall that “this is bank policy”, I asked please call someone at the bank to get approval. She did make a phone call, leaved a voice message, so that I could hear her that she wanted this person to call back and explain that it was bank policy. Without any effort to help me she then informed me that I would have to wait in the hall. I said that this was very important to me; I would wait for the person to call back, I requested that she call someone else at the bank. “A bank the size of PNC, must have someone else who could approve this, or could I call a bank manager at another branch I knew that could ID me for her. She said you will have to get out of his office so he can work. I said ” there is only one person waiting, you can wait on that person, or I am willing to wait in your office. All I want to know is how much could I keep from the check?” I then texted my husband in the car that I would be a while, so my husband sent in my daughter to check on me.

The manager proceeded to call the police. Both my daughter and I were discriminated against. Even the police were shaking their heads and rolling their eyes as the manager spoke.

Background: I was the person in which PNC bank local reps needed to approach to get permission to market in my business. PNC had marketed several times, to over 125 staff. That was the reason I had asked to call another branch manager to confirm my ID.

Also; I went next door to Northwest Bank and my request was handled with a smile from the bank manager who leaved his office, personally greeted myself and my daughter.

The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.discrimination

PNC Investments — unexplained charges and fees

For almost 20 years, I had a small IRA invested in a CD with National City Bank. After NCB was acquired by...

PNC Bankfraud

Was told by PNC we could refinance our home, they denied us because they said no one was holding our PMI, for which we pay $200.00 per month. We have gotten nothing but the run around! They are liars, underhanded and incompetent. It seems that the ones that are still paying their mortgages on time with a ridiculous interest rate, are the ones being screwed by this company and The Obama Administration!

PNC — questionsable if not fraudulent behavior of staff

This complaint is really against Gary Deutsch PNC Senior Consul, From my dealing with him, he will fail to...

PNC Mortgage — loss claim

I submitted the proper forms and documents for my loss claim insurance check made out to me and PNC. Now 4...

PNC Bank — employees & culture

My wife is an employee of PNC Bank employed as a Business Banker based out of the Prattville Branch in...

PNC Bank — embezzled money

Had a teller maching at this location tell me it could not process a fast cash withdrawl, it spit my card out...

PNC Bankpnc bank tried to rip me off

This whole issue started feb.17th.i never received items i ordered through the mail.i called pnc bank about it, and they said no problem.they gave me the money back, and i had to sign papers when i received them.

april came, and still no papers.i called tem to tell them.they said they'd send them.in the meantime - i wrote a letter to them explaining everything that happened so they could get their money.

finally in may i received the affadavit.i signed them, and sent them another letter in full detail of all the information they needed to investigate.

to this day, pnc bank says i owe them money.i did everyhting i was supposed to do.they're suppose to investigate, and they're not.i refuse to pay things i never received.i don't want a lawyer, or anything.i just want to tell people that pnc bank isn't trustworthy.i've done banking with them for 12 years with no problem.this is the first problem i have -and this is how they treat me.

PNC Mortgagemortgage refinance - no ethics

I had a mortgage with PNC for 7 years. I never missed a payment and my credit is excellent. I have been trying to refinance with them into a 15 years mortgage for the past three months. They are now offering me a refinance rate of 4% while other lenders are offering me as low as 2.75% refinance rate. Additionally, PNC themselves are offering me 2.75% for a 15 years new purchase mortgage rate. When I asked PNC why the huge difference in rates between their purchase rate and refinance rate, there response was that they artificially inflate the refinance rates due to the large volume of refinance applications, which even if true, is unethical and unprofessional

Meanwhile, I think that the real reason PNC is offering me this inflated refinance rate is because they know that that I can’t leave PNC for another mortgage Leander because PNC unlike all mortgage lenders or banks keeps refusing to release my SEMA. As a result, if I refinance with another lender, I would have to pay an additional $8, 000.00 in closing cost, which makes my refinance not cost effective. Though, while I watch everyone that I know take advantage of the low mortgage refinance rates, I being denied this right and I am being held hostage to PNC’s unfair, unethical, and devious practices.

PNC Mortgageassistance

After being out of work for two years, I fell behind on my mortgage and have been trying unsuccessfully to find any assistance from you. In the past year I have spoken to at least 15 people in customer service to assist me in payment options. There is no follow through to assist me with my problem. Obviously you are more concerned with making money off me as you rack late payments up and give me no chance of getting caught up.
                    I received yet another letter today stating my assistance request was denied due to me not returning a Borrower Response Package. I NEVER RECEIVE THEM EVEN THOUGH I AM TOLD BY THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON TO WHOM I SPEAK SAYS THEY WILL SEND THEM OUT. This has happened the last seven call I made. I have been given a name and phone number for my representative in lost litigation. I have called four time this last week and heard nothing back from her. This is unacceptable, and I wish to speak with someone at the executive level to get things moving.
                    My next phone call will be to the Better Business bureau and to my states Attorney General.

• Ro
                        Rose Anne Jun 19, 2014

I have been fighting with PNC for 10 months. we have filed 4 loss mitigation packages the last one filled out by a HUD counselor. Each time they would wait to the last possible minute to notify us there was something else needed! We had to start over and re file each time! After this 4th time of them rejecting us I filed a complaint with the states attorney general office and told PNC as much. Then they decided to review our application. But we were getting very close to foreclosure sale date and still no answer from them, despite my calling them every other day and talking to about 15 different people. I couldn't get an answer from them. I finally had to seek help from a bankruptcy attorney. PNC told me they would have a decision before the sale date or postpone the date. They did neither, I had to file bankruptcy by 2:00 pst to prevent foreclosure sale. The most frustrating thing is that we really didn't need to file. We had very good credit until my husband lost his job we just couldn't make the full mortgage payment! We were never late on any other payments and weren't over extended. My husband just recently got back to work and all we wanted from PNC was a loan modification! All we got is the run around from them! I wish I could sue them!!

PNCpnc cheated me

Pnc bank agent at east hanover, nj branch told me that if I have direct deposit in any of the three accounts (spend, growth) I have I will get $100 as checking bonus. So after I fulfilled the requirements after 4 months they pnc did not deposit the money. And now they say direct deposit was only suppose to be in spend account.

The response from bank is very cold and they are least bothered from there customer.

PNC Bank Mortgagerefinance home, nightmare

We have been trying to refinance our home with PNC since November 2011, its April now. We have done everything they have asked for... PNC has lost our paper work, They have restarted our loan 3 times.. hit our credit report also 3 times, which has lowered our rating each time it hits..
                        Each time they say something different, asked for me to prove that I will collect Social Sec. for the next 3 yrs..what doctors is going to put their name on the line to say that. didn't ask if my husband was gonna have a job for the next 3 yrs..
                        Second would not use all of my income..
                        Now the last straw..would not count our whole property in the appraisal, We have almost 6acres a small horse farm in 2 states. But the property has to be sold as one, can not be divided.. We were upfront with PNC from beginning. about the house .. Even the Mortgage rep said he cant find the reason why they wont let the refinance go through...Now PNC wants PMI...want a scam...this has been going on for almost 6months and now this. Don't try PNC.. they have put us through hell.

PNC Bankpnc wont close my account

I moved from NC to TN. I called to close my PNC account, but they didnt answer the phone. My account went negative so they started charging $7 per day. I finally got thru to a person at PNC. He said I couldnt close my account until it had a positive balance. I said how can I know what to pay since there is.a.daily penalty? He said.to just pay six extra days and mybe it will be enough. PNC received $7B in bailout money and now they abuse the people they got it from.

PNC Mortgagequick foreclosure procedure

How can the Government allow a such abuse to continue?
                            I underwent surgery very recently .The body part, being operated on, is crucial for production on a work place.As you may understand, I was not able to make enough to
                            cover all the expenses and the mortgage payments for 3 months as I was negotiating with PNC.After calling PNC, they asked me for some documents in order to modify the loan until I can resume work. (I just needed a temporary relief)
                            Apparently, EVERY REPRESENTATIVE SEEMS TO BE READING FROM A DIFFERENT PAGE if I can rely on my own experience dealing with PNC MORTGAGE DEPT; one requests the same document that was sent already.Finally, PNC advised me that my loan has been referred to a lawyer for foreclosure proceeding.
                            I paid March, April 2012 based upon a new book with lower monthly payment. PNC returned the money to me and continued calling me for payment.How silly is that when an individual is trying to honor his words through hardships and yet he (or she) is still being penalized?I understand that a contract was signed with an exact amount but at least accept the payment and continue working on the remained portion if you want to establish a good relationship with the homeowner such as myself.THE MAIN GOAL IS TO TAKE THE PROPERTY FROM ME because more they ask less a struggling person can come up with.Result TAKING OVER OF THE PROPERTY.
                            Now I am trying to reinstate the mortgage payment but the lawyer assigned by PNC hit me with an insane amount OF $10, 309.66 that needs to be paid in two weeks.HOW CAN THE GOVERNMENT ALLOW THIS ABUSE TO CONTINUE? Among the $10, 309.66, ATTORNEY FEE $3, 500 ( THREE THOUSAND FIVE HENDRED DOLLARS. Let's see what $3, 500 is for : Attorney fees $615+ Attorney fees estimate 820+ Title search and Exam 200+Filling fee estimate $1, 000+Service of Process estimate $600+Skip Trace Estimate $90+Case dismissal estimate $50+Dismissal Prep Fee estimate $125. CAN SOMEBODY TAKE A LOOK AT THESE FEES AND ENLIGHTEN ME?some of these fees appear to be similar to me.
                            Can you imagine charging a struggling family $3, 500 just for attorney fees when it had trouble already making ends meet? PNC BANK, , , PNC BANK...PNC BANK
                            Where are my people from any agency responsible of overseeing the banks, any real estate lawyer?Please help me see the light in this murky, dark tunnel.I am not ready to give up but I am so tired with the recovery therapy ;I only need someone to stand by me.This is my address [protected]@att.net