Planet Fitnesstrying to cancel my account

W Nov 28, 2018

I've been told, very rudely mind you, that I can't close my account because there is a balance on it. I don't understand how there can be a balance . oh wait. maybe it has something to do with them consistently trying to draw money out of a bank account that is already overdrawn. I've put a stop payment on them several times and yet they keep doing it. I don't live within 50 miles of a branch (they don't allow deposits made from any other atms but their own) I haven't used my account in nearly 4 months because I don't have time. I was told by the bank that I would have to go through Planet Fitness to issue a stop payment. I've already tried that SEVERAL times. They clearly aren't listening so now in addition to the $300 I have in the red from insufficient funds fees from Planet Fitness trying to withdraw sometimes once a month, sometimes several times in a month, there's now a $70 some charge on the planet fitness account itself. I'm tired of getting screwed by both companies and am seeking to close both out as soon as possible. Neither company is getting a dime out of me, they've already taken enough.