Virgin Active South Africa Logo

Virgin Active South Africa

Having problems with Virgin Active South Africa?

Virgin Active South Africa reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 9, 2006. The latest review Poor service was posted on Mar 20, 2021. The latest complaint breach of confidentiality regarding my contact details was resolved on Sep 19, 2018. Virgin Active South Africa has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 432 reviews. Virgin Active South Africa has resolved 22 complaints.

Virgin Active South Africa Customer Service Contacts

+27 860 200 911 (Head Office)
+27 216 843 000 (International)
3rd Floor, Mont Clare Place, CNR Main & Camp Ground Road, Claremont
SatClosed
SunClosed

Virgin Active South Africa Complaints & Reviews

Virgin Active South AfricaPoor service

Really appalled by complaints process at Westville blue heights gym. Manager Sanele rude lacked discretion with poor management aptitude
Contract sold by MO Kkan for my son no restriction s explained no walk about etc
After using the gym 13 times he is pulled out by Sanele for being underage
Where was this the other 13 visits despite even being assisted by their consultants
Manager Drishti Singh only contactable on Monday
Why would I support this incompetence is beyond me
The sign up took about 3 to 4 visits and still they *****ed it up with MO Khan having to come personally home to finalize
Manager Sanele insinuates I lied about not being shown around despite such incompetemce
Was my son and I racially profiled and humiliated by an over eager incompetent manager is not know
I did feel humiliated and embarrassed as this was 13 episodes later... Never again

Virgin Active South AfricaVirgin Active

Virgin Activ hands you over to legal even if you cancelled with them!!!

I unfortunately had to cancel my subscription with them before August of 2020 - my account was a month to month account. I sent them a nice cancellation letter but keep getting accounts from them. Now been handed over to their lawyers. Seems like Virgin Activ is now like Telkom and SABC - there is no way they will let you go. And their attorneys are not much help either: VVM

Feb 17, 2021

Virgin Active South Africa — Very misleading contract.

Read the fine prints of your contracts carefully please so you dont make the same mistake I did :) I signed...

Virgin Active South AfricaService from virgin active disgusting

Good day

I would like to tell you the service I received today from Qaqamba Mkefe was really disgusting.
      She could not help in any way
      She just needed to get rid of me.

If virgin active hires people that cannot handle the pressure, they should not be working there.
      I called to freeze my account and I was told sorry I cannot be helped after I waited 10 minutes on the line to get through.
      I used my airtime .
      I asked can she call me back and she no she cannot .
      Please can you get my account sorted asap as this now frustrating to deal with people like this.

[protected]
      Thaveshni

Virgin Active South AfricaNon-delivery of promotional commitments

When I subscribed, Virgin Active was running a special that gave R1500 Takealot Voucher to new members. I have not received my voucher (despite being confirmed as eligible) almost a year later, and they refuse to inform me why. I actually think one of the staff may have stolen the voucher for their own use. I feel cheated and scammed by the company

Virgin Active South AfricaService

I am a member of virgin active for many year and my gym membership is paid by my employer. Why Virgin active can not give a member a letter confirming that this person is a member and we have deducted so much in his/ her account this year. That's all I need a letter confirming this but hey no they can't they can only print me a statement which shows from day one up to now. Who cares about 20 page statement than writing a simple thing. Now my employer has rejected this.
          Regards
          NSDlavana

Virgin Active South AfricaContinuously debited for cancelled membership

Yet another debit order has gone off for my cancelled membership, which was in june 2020.

This is unacceptable and I expect to be refunded for all debit orders since august 2020 immediately. There have been 4 in total

I have emailed [protected]@virginactive.co.za, and have yet to receive a response, nor have I received the refund!!

This will now be forwarded to the media.

Continuously debited for cancelled membership

Virgin Active South AfricaRude customer service staff

Over the past week I have contacted the head office customer service number four time and all four encounters were absolutely horrific.
              The staff answering the calls are absolutely rude and have no telephone etiquette. Not giving the customer a chance to fully explain their story and interrupting by saying the same thing over and over. No service recovery skills.

No help at all. This has put me off ever using their services again.

I just don't understand how branch staff can help more than the dedicated customer service line.

Nov 04, 2020

Virgin Active South Africa — Unauthorized fee debited

Just before the lockdown, in March, I had signed a contract and paid the activation fee with Virgin Active...

Virgin Active South AfricaMembership membership

Tried calling Virgin Avtive to cancel my membership more than 2 months ago, but only reached an answering machine stating that I needed to send an email as the call centre was not operating due to COVID-19. I proceeded to do so, but to no avail. I still have not received any response and continue to be charged for a facility in not using. Horrible service! Even follow-up emails don't seem to be working.

Virgin Active South AfricaMembership not cancelled and charged full premium for va negligence

After cancelling my vitality and attempting to cancel my VA membership via email (the only way to contact virgin active at the time) on 15 July I only received a response and follow up call on the 15th of August to which I told the person to cancel the contract. This was while the gym accounts were meant to be frozen. I was then debited R1050 and after following up to get a refund and escalate I was told that it was in fact not cancelled and that a manager would contact me. After receiving no word from VA I chose to follow up again and was put on hold for over 30 mins to which I had to put down due to frustration. No one in their client services department has been of any help to me this far. I WILL be taking this further I was again debited an amount of R237.09 today. This is fraud and theft and I will not accept this

Virgin Active South AfricaSwimming for under 14s at sunninghill club jhb

I'm a member of the sunninghill club. I went to the gym today to swim with my son. I was turned away at the entrance despite your website stating that the gym is open to under 14s for swimming. I was turned away and yet none of the staff made an effort to clarify or get certainty re the situation. No attempts were made no calls to the manager... Nothing.

I showed them the notices on the website and yet there was no attempt to assist. This is poor customer care. Where is the clarity. Why post that it's open for under 14s to swim. And when you get there you're turned away.

I'm livid. I've continued to pay gym membership fees throughout the lockdown. For gods sake please be clear about what you post. Get it right. Do not waste my time saying one thing and then when I get to the gym i'm turned away. This is time effort and petrol wasted.

Sep 16, 2020

Virgin Active South Africa — Service received

Rude behavior of a call center agent. i received a call from an agent who asked for my name and after that...

Sep 09, 2020

Virgin Active South Africa — No feedback to my request to cancel my membership

I have emailed five times, tried to phone five times, but to no avail. How am I supposed to cancel my...

Jun 22, 2020

Virgin Active South Africa — Outstanding debt and no response to email

With regards to the said Yougan Naidoo, identity number [protected]. Please note the following: 1) Mr...

Mar 13, 2020

Virgin Active South Africa — service and unauthorized funds debited

I have been a member of virgin active for over 16 years now. At the end of August 2016 I relocated to west...

Virgin Active South Africaoutstanding account

I am trying to meet with someone to assist to get the best possible solution to have me back in the Gym. I do not appreciate the unanswered emails and return call requests.

How come a client of a family of 5 for 15 years gets treated like a threat? Wish there was an alternative to this circus

Jan 21, 2020

Virgin Active South Africa — timelines on gym racks and benches

Good evening. I don't know where to begin or if I'm on the right website but be it as it may, I just feel...

Virgin Active South Africabad service - total incompetence

I sent a signed letter in October 2019 advising that we do not want to extend our 5x contracts that are coming to end of term 31 October 2019. There was arrears on the contracts and I made an arrangement to pay of the amounts.

Subsequently Virgin Active decided to extend the contracts and keep adding amounts to the already arrear amounts.

I am battling to pay the arrears as it is, and Virgin Active just keeps adding amounts making it impossible to catch up.

My contract was for 2 years and my signed request to not extend should be respected.

Mrs. JC Polley
                        [protected] or christa.[protected]@gmail.com

Jan 07, 2020

Virgin Active South Africa — virgin active gym membership

I am totally dis satisfied with my experience at Virgin. My account has been messed up by Virgin. Virgin say...