Complaints & Reviews

Bad service and terrible policies

After additional fees appeared on my bank statement I called to inquire. I was treated so disrespectfully...

membership

I will be calling all the local news channels to see who will come out to cover this story.

I joined a world gym in franklin mass, last month, paid 140.00 for sign up and 40.00 for the first month for me and my husband. I joined the gym for the classes and the day care.
On the first of the next month they changed the gym to planet fitness, keep in mind they are the same owners. The took the classes away and the day care. When I called for a refund they refused. My attorney is writting a letter as of Saturday and I will start to call the owners every day until I get my refund. They had over 300 members cancel and alot of locals not happy with them at all.

Just out of co-insidence they took out of everyone's debit or credit cards on the 1st of the month and put the new name up on the 2nd of the month. Taking everything out of the gym by the end of the week.
They are the biggest pigs I know.
They started a world storm with me.
This is just the beginning.

It's not the money, it's the principle

jarrod Jun 25, 2008

I also completely agree that it is about the principal and not so much the money any more.

Also, it is really shady that planet fitness owns world gym and it was a world gym for about a year??? Shadiness!!!

• Da
    Darlene Gonzalez Jul 25, 2008

I feel the same way they are evil people who care only about the money and not there customers. Bad business.

accounting/membership

Planet Fitness has to be investigated for their illegal accounting practices. They continue to charge my card...

rude staff!

Please do not joint Planet Fitness in Orange CT. The manager and the staff are very rude and they all need...

scam charges!

I was a member with Planet Fitness for the year July [protected] I signed up for a one year program. I...

peeping tom!

Awful!!!!!!!!!!!
A peeping tom was arrested for video taping people getting changed! It was in all the papers!
I went to cancel my membership and the manager charged me a cancellation fee! I said you hired a peeping tom, I want my money back. She said sorry! A very nasty manager.
She should be fired along with the peeping tom.
Lookout, you might see yourself changing your clothes on YouTube!

be careful when quiting this gym!

I had to quit Planet Fitness in Loudeville, NY because I moved. I mailed them the certified letter as asked...

freezing membership!

I have a complaint about freezing my account at planet fitness, they told me that i have to freeze my account every three months. And when the three months are up i can get another doctors note and they will freeze the account again. So i went up to the gym to freeze my account again and the lady said that i have to pay for a month and then i can freeze my account again and i feel that i shouldn't have to pay for a month that i cant use. I'm pregnant and my doctor told me not to go to the gym. For the remainder of my pregnancy, because of some problems that i am having. And when i told the lady why. She asked m what the problem is. I said dose it matter. I have a doctors note. And i don't feel that i have to tell my personal problems to a stranger. So she got flip and said that i should just cancel my account with them.

Sincerely,
Morgan Peyatt.

• Fr
    Freedom First May 22, 2008

MY ACCT WAS SUSPENDED FOR ASSTING OTHER MEMBERS WITH THE PROPER USE OF THE MACHINES.. NO ON HELPS THE LADIES WHO ARE NEW AND UN FAMILIAR WITH THE MACHINE FUNCTIONS AND BENEFITS.. STAMFORD CT HABOR VIEW.. THE PLACE IS DISGUSTINGS AND IT NEXT TO THE GARBAGE DISPOSALE PLANT AND A JUNK YARD THAT CRUSHES AND BURNS CARS.. DISGUSTING AND THE ATTITUDE OF THE WORKERS REFLECTS THE ENVIRONMENT THAT THIS PLACE IS LOCATED NEXT TO. I AM GOING TO SUE THOSE ###/// ANYONE WITH ME!!!

• Jw
    JWC2044 May 01, 2018

The "Customer Service Representatives" are no better at the Kirkwood Highway PF in Delaware. A lady tried to get assistance for proper use of a machine and no one responded to her request so she asked me. I was helping her when the manager approached and informed me that only trained professionals on staff could assist her. He then proceeded to talk to me like a child and only embarrassed himself because of the unprofessional and rude manner in which he handled the situation. When I went to the desk to get contact information to contact PF corporate the girl was too busy on her cell phone making a date for the weekend. HORRIBLE customer service. They have a Lunk Alarm, maybe they should install an "UNPROFESSIONAL PF ALARM" as well.

• Ca
    CArl HORNEY Jan 05, 2019

PLANET IS A R!P-OFF ! I SIGNED UP LATE OCT/18 IN LONG BEACH, CA
    I RECEIVED THE CONTRACT W THE DATES OF PAYMENT AND THE DATE FOR THE ANNUAL FEE.

I WAS CHARGED $10 FOR NOV. BUT NOT ON DEC. I DON'T UNDERSTAND CAUSE HEY HAVE MY ACCOUNT NUMBER.
    ALSO THE CONTRACT STATED THAT THE $39 FEE WOULD BE DUE DEC.1. BUT I WAS NOT. I WAS NOT INFORMED AS TO WHEN THEY WOULD CHARGE IT. COMES TO MY SURPRISE. THEY CHARGED IT JAN.2/19 AND MY BANK HAD TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE OF FRAUD. SO HE BANK CHARGED ME $34 FOR NOT HAVING FUNDS.

I TRIED CALLING PLANET AND HEADQUARTERS AND ALL I GET IS A MACHINE THEN HUNG UP. HEN WHEN YOU CALL THE PLANET THEY DON'T KNOW NOTHING AND TELL ME TO CALL ABC FINANCIAL. I SENT LIKE 75 E-MAIL TO ALL HEAD CORPORATE EMPLOYEES. THE CONTRACT SAID DEC. 1 FOR THE $39. I'M GONNA SUE FOR MALPRACTICE.

• Ge
    GetNShape Jan 25, 2019

Wow is all I can say. Some of these complaints seem legit while others sound like personal issues with staff. Either way it makes me just a bit leery. I walked into the El Monte, CA location fully set to join PF. I am looking for a gym to get back in shape. I felt ignored by staff when I walked in. When I finally sat with a representative it felt like she could care less about sharing the good points about the gym. I got the impression this place had an "I could care less attitude about everything." The whole "No Judgement" was more of a "I don't care about anything here attitude."
    In all honesty though, it is really about my journey and weather or not I will be a self starter and do my workout. I really just need a place with great equipment and an atmosphere where I don't have to feel like I am being watched to see if I am talking to other members for personal gain. I was involved in the fitness industry and have a background in it. I would hate for someone to ever tell me I could not talk to other members about my workout routine and get my membership randomly canceled. I will revisit this gym soon and the other locations to see if it is like this everywhere before I join. The price is really great for what I need at this point in my life.

harassed and threatened by another member of the gym

Planet Fitness 113 Crosby Rd. Dover, NH 03820 At a staten island, ny location, where i have been a member...

rude staff and manager!

On 04/23/07 I enter the gym in the location about and I didn’t have my card. this is not he first time I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices