Menu

C
Author of the complaint
4:30 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a 12 month Subscription to Norton Mobile Security, as part of this a feature given was Dark Web Monitoring. The subscription started 12/21 and on the 14/04/22 a data leak was detected on the dark web by 3 separate companies none of these being Norton. I decide to contact Norton to cancel the plan as the service I was paying for wasnt being fulfilled. Norton initially agreed to a refund on this basis however I had to contact Apple as I had paid through them. When contacting Apple they told me no matter what since the 60day policy had been surpassed I was not getting a refund and to contact Norton again as these are the only people who could help. After reaching out to Norton again they stated we cant help either as you didnt purchase the service direct from them. Now what am I meant to do in order to check the service works? Leak all my data onto the dark web myself just to make sure it works? Both companies just defer me to the other without any help or resolution. When paying for a service over 12 months youd expect to receive that service. If not then a refund is in order... This seems like a well engineered loop hole, based on this policy if a customer was to pay for the service through Apple and Norton were to cancel the users ability to access the service after 2 months they cant get their money back in any way shape of form. This is a disgusting practice from two well established companies both without a complaints department (or so the advisors have stated) so you have nowhere to go from they saying no over and over again. Sorry we cant help is the best anyone has come up with.

More Norton complaints & reviews

Norton - fraud and scam
Norton - unauthorized payment
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Norton - credit card being charged after I cancelled the renewal
Norton - norton finance - like net66 - just can't keep a promise.
Norton - unauthorised payment taken by norton
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Norton - security software has been removed and you have removed fees from my bank
Norton - unauthorised payments
1 comments
M
May 10, 2022 11:02 am EDT

I also had Norton and it was cancelled from GEEK Squad because it wasn't working appropriately. I was told (by GEEK Squad) to wait two months and I should get my refund of $241.72. If I didn't get my refund, I should then contact Norton. The Norton service incidentally was promoted by AOL on my site, I waited the two months, and it was not credited. I tried on occasions including sending E-mails to get the credit. I then contacted by chat and got Shreeyans S and then his supervisor Dittman S who said there was nothing they could do about refund. I got the 60 day runaround and the end result was not refund. It is somewhat comforting to note that multiple people had the same complaints from a company who prides itself on customer protection when they themselves are one of the chief scam artists and I no longer feel like a looser. Please everyone, be very careful with Norton, they are not what they seem to be. They are as good at scamming as any others. Their equipment keeps telling me that I should reenroll so obviously since the 60 day time period, they were aware that I had cancelled.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

407 complaints