Norton Annual Renewalfraud and scam

E

I haven't used Norton or any Symantec products for three years and my credit card expired. They pushed through the charge without
a) getting my new expiry date
b) emailing me before or after the charge
c) sending me any sort of download for whatever product I paid for.

Not only bad business, but fraud, in my opinion.

RESOLVED

• Norton's response · Jun 09, 2016

Sorry for the trouble Marry, send us a private message with the details of the charge. I can help.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Ra
    RAMESH TELANG Mar 13, 2020

MY NORTON BILLING INFORMATION

I specifically opted for No Automatic removal last December 2019, yet Norton renewed my subscription without my consent.

Tried to contact them but in vain.

For an IT company like Norton and Symantec they have made contacting them online or through "CHAT" next to impossible. You simply get the run-around

Order Number:

Total Amount:
    AUD 144.99

• Me
    Mehdi Ghorashi Zadeh Aug 24, 2016

I mehdi Ghorashi Zadeh, tried to renew my norton antivirous, but your automated renewal rejected my both password and my Master Card's security number at the back of the cared, i called help desk but he solicted me and he wanted charge me for installing the norton'sw antivirous. would you please call me for help!

• Mi
    Michele Colonna Aug 05, 2016

I was doubled charged on my account for renewal of Norton anti-virus protection for my computer. One occurred on 2/12/2008 and the second one showed up on the next bill dated 3/21/2008. The charges were different each time. one was for $59.99 & the other for $49.99. I would like this rectified & credited back to my account. In the meantime I will contact the credit card company to also look into this.

Jane Jul 13, 2016

On 05/30/09 I renewed my Norton Antiviral protection and the information bar shows that it still needs to be renewed.

jack duffett Jul 13, 2016

norton antivirus
    i renewed my order on the 16 of march 2008
    order number is [protected] but i get cut off
    it was for 1 year and the same thing happen with my 2007 order i lost 3 months now i am lossing 5 months of my prescuption if this contuies then i well have to not use norton again

• Jp
    jp1073 Jul 13, 2016

If your car breaks down after the mechanic told you that you needed routine maintenance, is it the mechanics fault?

marie rava Jul 13, 2016

norton anti virus kept continuously every 5 minutes sending warnings that i needed to purchase norton antivirus. day in day out every 5 minutes 24-7 that i was on my computer.they wouldn't leave me alone. then my computer starts saying that i have a virus. on march 5, 2011. i purchased norton antivirus. but i could not get it on my computer. march 10, 2011 i called norton and explained to them that i could not get my computer and norton antivirus to work together. the key number they sent me at my email address was not able to allow me to use it to start my norton antivirus. march 11, 2011 i called a norton representative who told me that i needed to purchase a norton product because someone had hacked into my computer, this would cost me 299.99 . i told the representative that i did not have that kind of money, he then told me that the norton company could not help me. good-bye. later on i called another norton represenative and explained the story to him, he told me he could take care of everything without it costing me 299.99, it would only cost me 49.99. i was confused, and very uptight this norton company were trying to take me for a ride finanicially. i know without a doubt norton antivirus are responsible for the virus my computer had gotton in the first place. i am not a dr. of any kind. but i am not stupid either. the way the events played out no one except for god can convince me, that they are responceable for all the trouble i went through. if i can find a way to prove it, i will be suing them, that is just wrong, they are supposed to be a company that provides a serves to people, not cons them and cheats them out of their money. marie rava

Jack Goldfarb Jun 09, 2016

The original Norton 360 version was removed when my computer was hit with a virus (Trojan). I called and ordered a replacement antivirus to download. The gentleman I talked to told me that I should receive it within 2 to 4 days. I renewed the order then and extended the product for an additional year. Haven't received it yet.
    My original order from the Symantec Store was on Dec O8. The order number is [protected].

This is not a complaint. It is a status check on the shipping date of this order.

Thanks.

• Az
    Azalee Brookshire Jun 09, 2016

My Norton Internet Security subscription began Jan 22, 2008 and was paid for with my MasterCard. I also paid $10 for Norton System Works Basic Edition. Product Key for NIS is J4FQM8DHD38FR698C2GRYP4RG Ser#KGK8GX4KC64W. Expiration Date Jan 22, 2009.

Why do I keep getting popups saying my subscription has expired and I am not protected? Advise smb plz!

• Ro
    Robert Mefferd Jun 09, 2016

On 7/24/08 I ordered Norton 360 Version 2.0 Upgrade on their website. After several attempts I was unable to download the update. On 8/2/08 I E-mailed them on their web site to cancel the order. I spent approximately 3 hours trying to get past an error message on that site in an effort to cancel the order, unsuccessfully. I sent them another E-mail on 8/9/08 (on my own E-mail server)that has gone unanswered at this time. I am sure these E-mails have been received as I haven't received any notice that they were undeliverable. The order # is [protected] The amount was $69.98 charged to my Visa. Visa advised me to contact this address with my complaint. Please advise me of what you can do to help me resolve this problem. Thank you.
    R. Mefferd

• Vi
    Victor Schechter Jun 09, 2016

I don't want to renew my subscription. Symantec renewed automatically my subscription of a product that I don't want anymore. They don't have any contact point to cancell my subscription.
    Here is their address: Symantec Corporation, 20300 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, California 95014 U.S.A.

John F Spehr Jun 09, 2016

I have had an annual subscription for Norton Internet Security since 2004 and paid my latest sub by Visa, 29th June, (even though it doesn't fall due til mid July). I pay early so there can be no possibility of my subscription lapsing and letting my 'guard' down.

25th July, on turning on my computer I am told I have 1614 infected files and my computer is inferted. Yes inferted not infected!! At the same time my screen is bombarded with offers from XP SEcurity, to pay money for a fix.

NATURALLY, I opened Norton to see what it was saying: Can't open it; Great!!! Tried a re-start, then went to the hyperlink as instructed, then downloaded the suggested solution: It clogged my screen for a few hours and I had to do a 'hard' re-set to get rid of it.

Got out my Internet Security 2004 handbook and looked up some phone numbers in Sydney. Technical Support number asked for $139 to fix problem; I told them I had a subscription: not interested. Next I tried Customer Service (now THERE'S a misnoma if EVER I heard one!). Very polite people saying all the politically correct mantras as though their lives depended on it (because everything is recorded) and promising someone will ring back within 48 hours. No-one rang back. I sent another E mail and this time I got a promise that someone would call back within 48 hours: Zero! I have just got my third promise. They are unable to give me a time or day when they will call back. I gave them a mobile number to ring but no-one has, they don't know if there is still an office in Sydney because it is a "GLOBAL" service.

It is pathetic how these companies continue to charge Aust rates for subscriptions but in return provide, not a service but a fobbing off exercise when a problem arises.

I have to go now because I have an ongoing proble to solve.
    John Spehr.

• bill Jun 09, 2016

i had the same thing go to there home page log on go to live chat that is only way to cancell this subscripition

• Pa
    Patricia Cutler Jun 09, 2016

I paid for my Internet Security and the subscription is good until Aug 2009 and I get pop ups telling me it expires in Feb 2009

James Steele Jun 09, 2016

Earlier this year I attempted to cancel my Norton Internet Security via their website but failed as there was no way they allowed for it. I therefore talked to a live person at their call centre who took me through an incredibly complicated process but assured me that the subscription has been cancelled. This was at least 6 months ago. Now, I have just received a notice that they are going to charge my credit card and renew again automatically. How on earth can I get this sorted out permanently?

• Da
    DanielleD Jun 09, 2016

Notron has charged my Credit Card for a renewal to my anti virus when the anti virus has not yet expired. The Ref #180-068-0026GBR. I want this amount refunded back to my credit card. I only renewed the anti virus a few months ago and never authorised them to take money without me doing the transaction myself. NOT HAPPY!

• Nf
    nforsa Jun 09, 2016

Was charged $79.99 from my credit card with out my consent, this is the statement that showed up on my Credit Card Statement: 24/10/2010 NORTON ANNUAL RENEWAL 180-068-0026GBR $79.99

I just want my money back and for them to get a smack on the wrist for doing so, and I am not the only one as I can see by my google search!

Mic

• Me
    M Everett Jun 09, 2016

My Name is Michael Everett I never charged your software to my bankcard I don't Have a computer. I have no idea how you could have billed my debit card and I received my Bank statement and my card shows it has been processed and my Bank account was charged $79.99 on April 18. 2013 tact me back . I will have no choice but to call police Please give me my money back. Please contact me back I can be reached by CALLING [protected]

• Je
    Jean Astrup Folsom Jun 09, 2016

On 02/09/12, I went on line to purcase the Norton Internet Intersecurity program for my new desk top computer. I never received a confirmation number, and I kept seeing "ALERT you must buy before free time has ended." I reentered all information again on 02/20. This time I did receive a conformation number: NP126131917. I was billed for both of them on my VISA card. Please give me credit for one of them. Thank you.

Mary Bogaard Jun 09, 2016

On Oct. 20 I renewed my subscription to the Norton Internet Security. Paid 49.99 with a credit card. Then just the other day I notice a new Norton Internet Security appeared on my Desktop and I got another bill for 49.99 through the mail on a different credit card. I don't need two. I did have two computer for a while but don't anymore and put a stop renewal payment on the second one when I order the new one. Can you take care of thie for me. I would appreciate it.

Thanks - Mary Bogaard

• Mi
    Michael Valant Jun 09, 2016

I am urging all of you which have complaints with the Symantec Corporation or Norton Security Suite or any other company to contact the Better Business Bureau because they will help you and the company doesn't want any record of complaints. So, instead of writing, which I know is very frustrating, contact the BBB, please you'll be much happier.

Jon Michael Jun 09, 2016

Norton 360 is crap - It did pick up a virus and now wants me to pay for them to fix it. I also had to go through a long process to get it to work in the first place, Never again will I buy Norton

• Ne
    Neha Jun 09, 2016

Hi,

Each time i scan my computer using Norton 360, it detects a tracking cookie or 2 and says I need to fix it manually. But I have no idea how to do it. Shouldnt the software fix the problem on its own?

• Pa
    Pat N Jun 09, 2016

I've already commented about Norton 360. I fell exactly the same way about this product. DO NOT BUY IT! IT WILL ONLY CAUSE YOU A HEADACHE AND MONEY.

Mary L. Krulisch Jun 09, 2016

In reviewing my credit card bill I noted a 3/14 charge for Norton Annual Renewal Norton.Comics CA. I no longer use Norton on my computer so this is a bogus charge. When I contacted my credit card company they gave me this website.

• Th
    thel Jun 09, 2016

Here is why, when you renew your suposed to do the renew and mention durring renewal [while the renew data is active] that your upgrading for more pcs. if you dont they charge you for extra stuff. it is normal since it is worded this way on the webpage.

• Wi
    willis cashman Jun 09, 2016

On March 19, 2008 I extended my Norton internet security for Windows xp & up graded as well, to accommodate additional computers (Order # [protected]) @ $69.98. On March 29 you charged me for a Norton annual renewal @ 52.99. Some how or other someone in your organization failed to notice the duplication in billing. A credit for $52.99 should be forthcoming, hopefully soon.

Willis Cashman.

• Do
    don'tcare Jun 09, 2016

It is an irritating problem, I would also like to know how to get rid of them

• Hu
    Humphrey Mosenge Jun 09, 2016

Explained the complaint and working with Jemshiyas already

• Ca
    Carol Drury Jun 09, 2016

I bought a new PC and a new Norton 360 package earlier this month. Since installation, Norton 360 has not been operative, despite the fact that I followed all the instructions and opened an account on the Web immediately. I raised an incident on 13th Aug, after having tried their online suggestion to uninstall and re-install Norton, using a download. They only replied on 18th Aug, despite a 24h response claim. What they suggested did not work. I replied on 22nd Aug, and received a reply on 22nd Aug with another suggestion, which also did not work. I confirmed this to them on 23rd Aug. I followed up on 28th Aug because I have still not received a reply. Today I accidentally cracked the disk when I took it out of the container, so I can't even take it back to the store for a refund. In short, Norton 360 has been worthless to me since I purchased it. I'm now going to download McAfee, which the company I work for uses (one of the big banks in SA), and I'm going to download the software, which is free, from the bank's website. Unfortunately, I only spotted this after my unfortunate incident with Symantec. In short, I'm disgusted with the product and the service, I see now why the bank does not use it.

I hope that Symantec actually takes note of complaints like this.

Carol Drury, Johannesburg, South Africa.

• Da
    Danel Jun 09, 2016

I agree, I have the same question. The difference is, with my norton security, it says the problem is fixed, yet every time I rescan the computer the cookie is still there. I want to know how to get rid of these problems. I'm awaiting any reply, just letting you know I share the same dilemna

• Cd
    Cduniver Jun 09, 2016

I placed an order for Norton order #[protected] on 8/14/09. The application that was downloaded will not work. I called two times tonight, after waiting 29 minutes the first time the lady told me I had the wrong number and to call another number, I called that number the lady after waiting 10 minutes told me that I was at the wrong place and she transferred me, 45 minutes later and no one answered the phone.

I want my account credited, and I want it credited within 24 hours.

This is no way to treat your customers. If you are so busy that it takes so long to talk to someone on the phone, maybe you should hire more people, or make sure that your product works properly.

• Fu
    full name Jun 09, 2016

Contact your credit card company, tell them that you want to cancel the charge from Symantec.

• Ro
    ROBERT BENCIVENGA Jun 09, 2016

I purchased online 2 downloads from SYMANTIC one an antivirus program and another download that promised to correct allproblems with my computer. TOTAL COST:$150.76 ON 11/26/2007. I have not be able to use either program because my computer's WINDOWSXP IS so corrupetted as to be nonfuctional. Since I did not consider the purcase final until a complete download & installation, I was schocked to find the charge for the programs on mt credit card.
    I have been trying to seek a refund for this purchase from SYMANTEC but their website is useless in trying to input a request for a refund. FURTHERMORE THEY DEMAN AN ORIGINAL RECEIPT WHICH IS QUITE A FIT SINCE PRODUCTS WERE PURCASED ON LINE AND SINCE I COULD NOT INSTALL THEM I COULD NOT PRINT A COPT OF PAYMENT SO I CAN'T SUPPLY SYMANTEC A COPY. THE ONLY COPY I HAVE OR PROOF OF PURCASE IS THE CREDIT CARD BILL WHICH SYMANTEC SPECIFICALLY SAYS IT WILL NOT TAKE.
    CAN YOU SUGGEST ANYTHING SHORT OF SUING IN SMALL CLAIMS.THANK YOU ROBERT BENCIVENGA

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Jun 09, 2016

Same here. Techs that had to go through my computer said that Norton is especially no good for blocking malware. Sure looks like it to me...slower and slower and slower and eventually kept freezing up and wouldn't take commands. According to them, Norton is like so yesterday.

• Ap
    April kyle Jun 09, 2016

Ever since I have used Norton 360 my computer has crashed twice and runs slower. Norton 360 has caused me nothing but trouble. Not a good product.

• Be
    Beverly Callihan Jun 09, 2016

I was charged twice for subscription with Norton Internet Security (Symantec). On my credit card the dates show Sept 18, 2008 and Sep 19, 2008.

• Na
    natures Jun 09, 2016

This morning I renewed my annual Norton Internet Protection service. The cost to renew is $49.99

15 minutes after renewing, I logged into my online banking & in the pending charges were 3 separate charges from Norton!

Two fees for $49.99
    One fee for $59.99

That's $157.97 dollars.
    That's $109.98 more than verbally discussed.

The person that helped me was Pavankumar Munnalal Shrivastav from Symantec Support.

I spent over an hour with someone on the phone that could not correct the situation before being transferred to his supervisor that offered the same rhetoric nonsense.

A+ on your customer service mate!
    Now refund the money from the unauthorized charges!

• MAC Jun 09, 2016

I don't get it. You want complaintsboard.com to credit your account? Tell Norton, not a different website that has nothing to do with Norton!

• Do
    Donovan L. Welch Jun 09, 2016

I have ordered a new anti-virus program from Norton Anti-virus and have proof that I have paid for a two-year renewal of the protection I now have. Now I have received a notice from Norton that I have seven days left on my subscription. I should have two years and 7 days. I am not going to pay for something I have already paid for.
    Please credit me with what I have paid for.

Donovan L. Welch