MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Logo

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service

Having problems with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV?

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 19, 2007. The latest review Unallocated funds to my account was posted on Sep 16, 2021. The latest complaint Service was resolved on Jun 13, 2021. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1869 reviews. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has resolved 50 complaints.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service Contacts

+27 11 289 2222 (Johannesburg)
+27 12 422 2222 (Pretoria)
+27 21 508 2222 (Cape Town)
+27 41 395 2222 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 51 503 2222 (Bloemfontein)
+27 11 289 3000 (Switchboard)
144 Bram Fischer Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service. Initial MultiChoice Africa / DSTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MultiChoice Africa / DSTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. Discuss the issues you have had with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Complaints & Reviews

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDstv account

Hi, My name is Manqoba Mavimbela ID No [protected]. Customer no [protected]. In my 19 I made a pay ment to multichoice through multichoice app. Using my credit card. After few hours waiting the account was still not activated. I then later on the same day went to picknpay till to make another transaction this time with my debit card. Both transactions went through and do appear on my bank statements. But multichoice agent say they only see one transaction the one I made at picknpay. Now to prove that I did make a payment with my credit card I must produce proof In a pdf document stating date, time, amount and reference. I went to the bank several times to ask for such proof, but they say since the transaction was not done via their app. i.e Ned App they can not give me proof. The only proof they can give is a bank statement. But multichoice agent say they do not accept bank statements as proof of payments. I have exhausted all means to try and resolve this issue please help.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDebit order date

On the 29 th of June I went to the nearest multichoice to change my debit order date, I was assisted by sebenzile Dladla she calculated and told me I have to pay per day till the new date, so I tell her I'm moving my date from the 15th of each month to last day of the month I then pay for the days . So I ask her why is it the 30th when I said last day of the month effective July what happens if the date is the 31st she casually tells me " oh well I put 30th and I can't change it if the month falls on the last day of the month you will pay a penalty for the extra day" . Even if she had made a mistake she should have apologised and found a way to resolve the issue instead of dismissing me. Kindly train your staff on how to treat customers

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVThe consultant who helped me at multichoice durban

The lady who attends me at multichoice durban, on counter 27 at 16h15. Ticket number 5606 was very rude and not helpful... She accused me of using unaccredited installers... She was very unprofessionally and it is so uncalled for... The lady refused to give me her name

My details are as below
      Ms zola ndlovu
      [protected]

The consultant who helped me at multichoice durban

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVNon delivery of ultra decoder

On 21/5/2021 I was contacted by your centre offering me the new Ultra decoder plus installationFor R899.00. After numerous complaints of non delivery installers arrive 25/6/2021 with no decoder . What kind of service is this I would have paid R899.09 this month had it been installed now I am paying R1103.00. It's not fair really

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVNot able to load devices on DSTV Now

Faulty decoder was replaced on 23 June 2021.Also changed address and email address.
          After that I could not access all channels on DSTV now and all devices did not show on DSTV app on phone or tv devices.
          That was now corrected . Devices were LG, Hisense, and tv that shows as Telkom Tv on app and Samsung phone .

On my cellphone the Telkom tv and cellphone is shown as devices -No LG tv .On app on Hisense tv only Telkom and cellphone as registered and Hisense (to be registered ) but no LG TV .When I try to register the Hisense and LG TV it says that already linked to another account, .

I was asked for the ID number of yhe two devices but not sure where to find it.On the Tv under manage devices it shows Hisense TV 43E5600EX and under that NwOsHoYf2E2RLCmCtzgikHCT. Last person on live chat told me that this is not the device id. Now where must I find it.

I have now over 3 days spoken to 9 people, R150 airtime later, spent time on live chat today for 4 hours and still no joy. Someone must be able to assist. I merely changed decoders. How can this be .

my details : EA Coetzee [protected] Cell [protected]
          Address !93 Jacaranda Street Protea Heights Brackenfell 7560 . Recent address 195 Cook Street Goodwood -address was changed 23 June
          Old email addressed [protected]@arc.agric.za and [protected]@gmail.com

I would appreciate assistance as I am at wits end

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVConnections and payment

in 7 May 2021 i paid 399
            in 20 May i paid 399
            also paid 200
            then in 21 May i paid 610

my DSTV is always disconnected i make a call but my issue is never resolved i have emailed all the [protected]. my contact [protected]
            im sick and tired of these.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVCall center agent was useless and rude

Call center agent who works for DSTV in South Africa named Ncumisa Letlhage gave the worst customer service ever. As I was trying to explain my problem to her she was talking over me, more than once I asked her to give me a chance to speak and she would end up talking while I was speaking. Her tone was very aggressive, she was actually shouting at me. I could not take it and I hung up. When I called again instead of picking up my call she just remained silent and eventually hung up. The problem I was calling about was not solved. Her attitude and tone were appalling to say the least.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVCatchUp - Missing Rookie final episode!!!

Rookie - The final episode of rookie has not been available on catch-up for over 2 weeks now!!!

The final episode was aired during load shedding - don't know if this has something to do with it.

We have switch off and on our decoder a number of times "reset" but it still does not download the final episode of the Rookie to catch-up.

This is not the first time episodes are not downloaded - what are we paying for !!!

Surely there should be quality checks that downloads to catch-up are successful and if not establish the root case and implement corrective actions!!!

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVService

The installer security code JFPWX6. The installed my explorer and there was a loadsheeding and to come back after 2 hours to set the it. They never come and I called them numerous time and they promised to come before the end of the day Friday. Till now they never showed up my main TV is blarey and the extra line said it needs connection from the main set. I never expoirienced such a bad service and I want to cancel this whole offer. My no is [protected]. NC Ngaleka

RESOLVED

• MultiChoice Africa / DSTV's response · Jun 16, 2021

NC Ngaleka, e are sorry about this.
                      May you kindly send us an email directly to [email protected] so that we can get your details and contact the installer.
                      Please include your customer number and latest phone number number.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVMy monthly payments

I'm laying a complain because this is not the first I am complaining of your terrible service

In March you guys stopped my viewing of which it was understandable because I failed to pay my monthly bill
                    Than on the 25TH of the same month I personalty payed R675 and I was able view again

The following month which april I got an sms from you that I need to pay R448.55
                    I did exactly that I payed the amount You told me I should pay, out of nowhere I was told that the is a R147.55 outstanding of which I do not understand where does it come from.

I did not pay the R147.55 now for the month of June I must now pay R916.55 from R660 that I used to pay, I really unhappy with your service.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVI am making full payments but yet they charge me extra

I did an upgrade on my account from compact to premium. I have been paying full required amount and no one has been telling me about Prorata amount I have to pay when doing an upgrade but now my services keeps on disconnecting and there is charge for that and it keeps on going onto my account meaning dstv is robbing me now. no one explained anything about paying pro rata when upgrading I only heard about it today. It is unfair what Multichoice is doing to me.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVcustomer complaint

[protected]-proof of payment - Immediate payment
                        reference number is [protected]

Poor service- payment made 3 hrs ago and proof of payment was sent to [protected]@dstv.com. payment still not allocated. i cant view any channel. last time i made a payment on the 12 of May and i was advised that i will view until the 12 of June instead the dstv was disconnected on the 7th.

Jun 04, 2021

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Service resolution

I have been trying since jan 2021 to get this issue resolved... Yet in june my services keeps getting...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVPayment not credited on my Dstv account.

On the 20th of May 2021 I made an internal transfer to the multi choice account number as I have always been doing for years. More than a week after I have made a payment my Dstv viewing was cut.Upon inquiry I was told that the reason for the cut was because I didn't pay my Dstv account and that I should send them a proof to show that I have indeed made a payment, which I did.I called their helpline repeatedly, spending over R200 in airtime but nothing happened.The supervisor promised to fix my problem but nothing happened.Nothing was wrong from payment starting from the account number I used to the reference number but I just can't get assistance from Multi choice.So I'm very disappointed in the company.My account number is [protected].

Manqoba Mavimbela Jul 01, 2021

I have same problem brother I made a payment with my credit card through their app on the 19 of May but they say the transaction does not appear on their side. I think this is daylight robbery. They are robbing us because we are black.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDstv downgrade

I called DSTV to ask questions about the promotion that you have for compact, your consultant Dudu got too excited and upgraded me while I was busy asking questions to understand what I was asking, and refused to cancel for me saying I must call other people to cancel. And I don't understand why her mistake should cost me by making calls. My number is [protected]

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVPricelock contract accepted but not delivery or installation.

On 5th of May 2021 I requested the pricelock 24months contract but up until today 1st of June 2021 I have not received my decoder. I have been calling DSTV consultants for several times but nothing happening. They all telling me to wait. I can't wait anymore, I need to know if this installation will ever happen or not. On the 18th May 2021 the consultants promise me that installers will come to set up the decoder and she even set up the time. I even stayed home the whole to make show they find me when they come. There attachments to prove what I am saying. The sad thing is I keep on wasting my airtime calling you but no progress regarding this request.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVMulti Choice Dstv

01 JUNE 2021.
                                [protected]
                                Called Multi choice on the 25th of April to request a downgrade on my subscription and was told and sent an sms confirming my downgrade and was also advised that my new subscription will be R109 as of the 27 April 2021 .I paid R170 on the 27th but yet they stopped my viewing this morning .Called the Call Center and the consultant told me that I am still charged based on my last subscription as the last advisor I spoke to did not honor my request and downgrade my package as requested. Was helped by SINAZO PHILLIPS and was given a ref number [protected]/I107 .

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVLack of communication and Refund

I requested a refund on 9th May 2021 of R 829 but after numerous emails no response was received.

I then decided to call Multichoice on Monday, 17th May 2021 just to be told by the consultant that her colleague made an error and as such my account was credited with the relevant amount instead of submitting a refund.

I was also told by the consultant the refund would take 24 hours meaning the funds would reflect in my account my Wednesday, 19th May 2021.

I find this type of service completely and utterly dissatisfying and unacceptable as Multichoice's agent made an error and now I as the loyal consumer need to wait who knows how long for money which is legally due to me.

Please investigate this matter with a matter of urgency otherwise I will be cancelling all services and moving to a competitor.

Regards,

Conan L. van Staden

Lack of communication and Refund
                                  Lack of communication and Refund

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVOvercharged

I bought an Explora Ultra on pricelock plus a extraview in Dec 2020. The contract is Pricelock R 949.00/24 months and Extraview R 49.00/12 months. Total R 998.00/ month for the first 12 months and then R 949.00 for the last 12 months.

The 2 decoders was delivered and installed by your office in Middelburg early in DEC 2020. Then another 2 decoders was delivered a week later. I reported this to your office in Middelburg and they said I must wait for my first account and then sort this out.

In Jan 2021 I got the first sms that said your next debit order R 1367.00 is for 01/02/2021, and since then every month I got the same sms.

Since Jan 2021 I phoned several times. Every time they said somebody will phone back in 48 hours or somebody will come and pick-up the decoders, thats not installed. That NEVER happened.

The decoders that was not installed SERIAL NO. A3033 60153
                                    A3050 54875
                                    are still in their packages.

I was overcharged and paid R 1476.00 more that I should have.

If this is not sorted out by end of May 2021, I will stop this debit order.

I am NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER.

ID NO. [protected]
                                    A.D.van Wyk
                                    12 BAVIAANSKLOOF STR.
                                    AERORAND
                                    MIDDELBURG

THANK YOU.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdecoder not connecting poor service -[protected]

On the 1st may  i went to multichoice Randburg- to transfer one of my decoder no [protected] to my sister Salome wit Id no [protected], and till today her TV is not working, it gives error -This decoder is not connected to Primary decoder any more, as its on my sisters name - while its supposed to be separated from mine .ITS UNLINKED FROM MY MINE -

And decoder [protected]   is giving same error primary is not connected thou secondary is working -  We called ur call center they cant help, Why are we paying for NO Service -You drive or call  still no serve  -- pls fix this as im not coming to your centre again, , Just sort this mess

contact number [protected] Cindy Phala-