MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Logo

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service

Having problems with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV?

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 19, 2007. The latest review My monthly payments was posted on Jun 9, 2021. The latest complaint payments was resolved on Oct 22, 2019. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1780 reviews. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has resolved 49 complaints.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service Contacts

+27 11 289 2222 (Johannesburg)
+27 12 422 2222 (Pretoria)
+27 21 508 2222 (Cape Town)
+27 41 395 2222 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 51 503 2222 (Bloemfontein)
+27 11 289 3000 (Switchboard)
144 Bram Fischer Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service. Initial MultiChoice Africa / DSTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MultiChoice Africa / DSTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. Discuss the issues you have had with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Complaints & Reviews

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVThe show ATP tour

I pay my subscription to watch ATP tour. Other channels are only a bonus. However, recently Dstv skipped important tennis matches to show WTA tour which made me miss my favorite shows. I am not saying WTA tour should not be showing because I don't watch it, but ATP tour should not be skipped either.
I stopped my subscription until this is resolved.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDstv telemarker rude and disrespectful

Good Day. I received a call yesterday 15/4/21 from a lady who works for dstv. When she started talking to me I kindly said that I do not wish to purchase anything other than the dstv package I currently have as I do not have the funds to do so. She assured me she was not selling me anything. She then continued by saying that my old dstv box (which is only a year old) will shortly start giving a error message and no longer work and that I have to upgrade to the explorer 3 for R169 per month. I said to her that iam a single mom and that I cant afford to do so now as our salaries have been cut due to corona and that iam struggling to keep head above water to even put food on the table. (yet I have never missed a payment to dstv) She was very rude to me and belittled me because I could not afford such a "small" payment per month. I was sitting in the office and all my colleagues could hear this conversation...it went on for a while and she continued being rude..i felt embarrassed, belittled, upset...I told her if that was the case that my old decoder would not be working any longer that I will then be forced to cancel my entire dstv contract... My question is...Is this the why dstv allows for its loyal customers to be treated??? I have never skipped a payement...id no is [protected] (check for urself) We are all struggling due to corona...why was I treated in such a way when I declined the offer on the explorer 3? I would like the management of dstv to listen to the voice recording (my no [protected]) I later had to put the phone down in this ladies ear as I could not bear to listen any further to her disrespecting me... (also my colleagues listening to it all) What will dstv do from their side to correct this wrong? I have now considered going over to Open view and Live streaming...I do not feel like staying and spending my hard earned money on a company that does not respect their customers. Regards Anne-Marie Wearing

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVIncorrect listing on my credit profile

I need a valid explanation why so many accounts are open under my Name when I only have 1price lock plan with you that is up to date in payment for that matter.

I need a thorough investigation done before escalating this matter it's another thing to mess up my account but when you mess with my ability to acquire credit then we have a very big problem.

How I found out I recently registered with price check and saw these items listed with balances for that matter. Then I did an estimate on the capitec app for credit and these items reflected for me to settle before requesting for credit.

I have screen shots which I have attached.

Please review and come back to me urgently.

Mathapelo

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVE102-29 ; Unethical behavior; non-responsive to queries and casual unfulfilled responses

I hold the following connections [protected] (PVR -primary), [protected] (PVR -secondary) and [protected] (Old decoder-Independent)
        On 21st / 22nd March I requested for rearrangement, which was done rightly but unfortunately I lost my access to enjoy the features of my secondary PVR decoder - E102-29. Following many calls by the service provider who fixed it multi-choice Nairobi we got many promises and assurance that the error has been rectified, which on my end hitherto, todate, the error persists. I have followed with many mails, including the fowarding screen shot of the error without getting any solution on 31st March. Finally on 1st April, I was told I shall be contacted (I shared my cellphone #( +[protected]) by a one of your agents though to date I have not yet received any call.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVUnfair charging on my DSTV Account as a Customer

Good Day Madam/Sir

My Name is Simon Lebohang Tampe birth ID [protected] and contacts are [protected]/[protected], I reside at Orange Farm Extention 9 Phase One 14896 Jonathan Street Stretford code 1841.

End of the month of February 2021 28th was the day that My DSTV was supposed to deduct the money per our initial date as the last day of the month as the date we made agreements based on the date i normally get paid. Unfortunately on the 2nd when i went to my account i found out that the debiting order didn't go through as i over used the money on my account unaware. Then on the 3rd i received a call regarding this matter and i did informed the consultant that i spoke to that he mustn't cancel my contract which was R359 on compact premium.

Then i asked the gentlemen whom i was referred to that at the contract desks about my next step as my account was closed.
          According to his explanation he said because my account or debiting order failed to come through its the main reason my account was closed therefore for it to be reconnected i will be charged as Follows in order for me to stay connected R50 Connection fee, R38.61 For Services rendered from the 1st until the 2nd February 2021 and lastly R359 as continuation on my Contract until it will come to an End.

All this amount when we counted together with him it was R448 which i did deposited over the past weekend. He instructed me after paying this amount i must call the call center for them to connect my account again but till today i hadn't received a positive respond regarding this matter.

I would Like to get the clarity on this matter as it worries me a lot with my Family.

Kindly Regards;
          Mr S.L Tampe
          [protected]

Unfair charging on my DSTV Account as a Customer

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDecoder

Good day, we've been having problems with our decoder and we went to multichoice to take our old one in for a new decoder seeing that we have insurance on it and it's been paid up to date now they want to give us a second hand decoder or an out dated one. So what is the use in paying so much money if they can't help us properly. We demand a new one and not some second hand one that they also had to fix.
            Yvone Cook.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV[protected]

I have been a customer of multichoice for many years and I must say that I am not satisfied at all with the service I received lately. My account has been up to date, but I got disconnected for no reason and the Agents I spoke to weren't willing to helpe in anyway. I must say that I would never recommend your services to any of my family and friends. You are the worst company I have ever came across. Your agents are getting paid for no work done. These are the reasons why the company could never grow big. I want to cancel my services with you guys and will never ever activate them again. We as customers basically pay for nothing, we waste our monies on SH*t services.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDecoder not giving catch up or recorded programs. Now holding on for your consultant who requested me to hold on.

Decoder not giving catch up or recorded programs. Now holding on for 1.47.56 Minutes on request of your consultant. what a shame:
                Now recorder only receiving station 100. No other stations.
                Catch up message on screen, Not in SA YET. Using Catch up since inception.

Now disconnected after holding on for 1hour 59 minutes and 0 seconds.

What poor service

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVMy subscription renewal date keeps getting shorter

I visited Multichoice Botswana office and spoke with supervisor Fiona. She was supposed to be forwarding a message to you to check out why my annual review date for subscription gets shorter - I have lost 2 months.

Believe this stems from paying early one year but no one advised that I would lose out on 2 months of subscription.

Also why cannot we access BBC Earth. It is very frustrating seeing the trailers for programmes we would like to watch but cannot.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVUnable to get assistance walk in center offline for over a week

My decoder has been showing me an error E108-4 for 3 consecutive days I have been goi g to the walk in shop for assistance and I am told I can't be helped because they are offline and therefore they can't perform a smart card swap for me. I have paid for the service that I'm unable to use now because they are offline so what should I do then? Waitand miss out on my favorite programmes because they can't seem to find a solution for their problem as well? As a paying customer I need a quick solution to this

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVAccount activation

My name is Mercy Kapambwe, my account number is [protected], i paid for Dstv activation today (30/03/21) morning, five hundred and thirty kwacha ( K530) using FNB through my phone and got a reference -M-Choice [protected].

My account has not been activated and i called the call Centre was given a case number ref [protected]-c1.
                      Your quickest action in resolving this matter will be highly appreciated.

• Updated by Joy Joyworld · Mar 30, 2021

account activation on account number [protected].

i already got a case number and been told it will take 48 hours to resolve.

I would really appreciate if it is resolved today.

Regards, Mercy

DSTVThe fact that i have purchased a pricelock item for R499.00 and are now told that there is additional amounts to pay

I purchased a price lock item for a 12 month fee of R499.00 and now have to pay additional amounts.
                        I contacted DSTV and had to hold on after already waiting 12minutes to get through to her.
                        Furthermore it took another 20minutes or so that I had to listen to music and finally the phone was cut off in my ear.This is not the first time it happened.
                        I have to phone in every week and every week it is the same thing.The decoder goes on PVR which means I can not record anything and that is the main reason I purchased the explorer and every week it gets disconnected for who knows what reason.This is not what was in the agreement of the sale and now after four months I am told that there are chargers other than the R499.00 that I need to pay in order to record anything again.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdisconnected services

so once again the service recieved from dstv as usual is digusting.
                          on the 7th of March the resolution team were quick to say they will contact me.
                          to date i have recieved no calls.
                          this morning once again i woke up to a disconnected service and a higher outstanding bill.
                          I'm disgusted at their customer service and service delievery
                          the consultant had a nerve to further more tell me they don't have a complaints dpt she can't transfer me to a team leader and shes working from home.
                          the teamleaders and non have called back 7hrs later.
                          you guys should be taken to the ombuds for the sudden billings you charge people
                          i have been treated as an illiterate person.
                          your staff from randburg branch should go back to work cause they obviously can not handle working from home.
                          as customers your TCF and TAT is horrifying.
                          from a compliance and service delievery point in disgusted.6 agents who dont know how to handle a dispute.
                          your complaints department is not contactable and to have an agent tell me that i just don't want to understand is disgraceful.
                          i have seen numerous people today post similar if not identifical problems.so who is the common problem

want my service to be reinstated effective immediately.

I have attached dstv self service billing balances to show you'll how suddenly youls systems change.

If no feed back is given i will thereafter take this to the ombudsmens.on the grounds of Failure to notify of actions taken.Baseless disconnection and incorrect billings used to force clients to pay reconnection fees.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVNew Explora Ultra delivered 23 Dec 2020- reported faulty.

My account number is [protected] - Anne Cornelia Robinson - ID [protected] - new Explora Ultra were delivered to us on the 23rd of Dec 2020. Within a few days we noticed problems with the "picture" and had to turn on / off the power to get a better picture. We then phoned DSTV on [protected] early in January 2021 and reported the problem and were told that I have to send a sms to some number and someone will call me back... received a call the very next day and only after I informed the consultant it is a "exchange" she told me that someone will be calling me within 48 hours, which never happened ! I have since then made numerous calls to DSTV and also their local agents Martins Electronics which is based in Margate, and also took the decoder in twice with my husband showing them photo's of the actual screen and "what we have to watch", but their reply was "no stock". This has been going on for weeks / month's on end and have made weekly calls to them again but still no luck... With all due respect maybe if I called to say I want to "buy" the new decoder... it would be on my lap by now. I do have a "file" with all the calls and sms etc sent out to try and get this sorted out, and just do not have the energy or time to attach all of that, as just another person will say " sorry" and again our airtime / data used to follow up. We have been subscribers since 1988 and now paying almost a R1000 per month on debit order and this is how we get treated ? We have also tried to get a technician from Martins Electronics to come out and advise us on if / how we could allow our tenant to get dstv from our home - it has been such a long time since I made the call to him and obviously would never see anyone as I mentioned that we are pensioners and can't afford their "huge" call out fees. So with all due respect, if we don't like what is happening and cancel... there is another 100 plus that will subscribe and we will just be "lost in the crowd".

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVmy annual service due to end on 26th of this month has been terminated & none of your incompetent staff can fix it WHY

This service was a gift from my daughter, payed annually LAST YEAR it has now been ruined by incompetent staff at DSTV, she asked that it be converted to a monthly account from the end of this month with the debit order starting on the 28th as I will be leaving this residence in the near future, I have been cut off three times in the last week and 3 times they say it is fixed but three days later they cut me off again that is 3 days I have not been able to use my DSTV but it has been paid for. FIX IT NOW OR I WILL BE GOING TO MY LAWYER !!! My name is Stuart Frank Thorpe McStay ID no [protected] address 18 Harrison Avenue Selection Park Springs

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDiscount never applied

I am so disgusted. I have been calling the johannesburg call centre from the 8th to the 12th MArch 2021. I have never in my life received such bad service not even from a food store. I do not see the need to have DStv anymore, I can finally see why people are with Netflix. The agents are clueless, they have no idea what is happening on the system, they do not understand queries, their leaders are not there to support them at all. They run from the phone, daily you will be told that the manager is on the phone, he is helping someone else, he is unavailable, it is covid blah blah blah. I called them 18 times in a period of 4days, with absolutely no joy. I am so disgusted! I have no idea why I even subscribed to this ****py service. They are all so useless its actually frustrating! My anxiety has never been this high from a company that I give my money to. Everyone keeps asking me to send the email I received from MULTICHOICE. As a manager myself, I know that quality assurance needs to ensure that there are notes on system after every interaction but this isn't the case because I must explain myself to each and every agent. I use my phone, my data, my time to call you but NO ONE wants to help. Why was I offered a discount if it was never going to be applied. Not even a company as huge as FNB would do this, they will give you a discount and immediately issue it. Why am I getting such horrible service when I am using my money!

Mar 12, 2021

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Overall bad service

I signed up for a pricelock deal for an Explora Ultra @ R899. activating this package took 2 days (after 6...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVCompact

Good day, I have a problem with the bill, I have been paying for showmax of which I don't even watch it as I don't have internet. I sopke to one of the agent today around 12pm and that was not helpful as she didn't know how to help me. I've never received emails nor statements since I started to use Dstv. Please kindly sort this thing out as soon as possible and cancel whatever subscription u have on my account.
                                  Thank u.
                                  [protected]

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDisconnection of Decoders

I currently have 4 decoders registered in my name, one of which is mine personally and 3 in the name of a business.

Monthly payments of these decoders are made timeously before the 26th of each and every month.

Despite monthly payments to DSTV, they proceed to disconnect 4 decoders at their own merit. This has caused undue duress and unhappiness from clients. Clients jump up and down with the result that I have to call DSTV on a weekly basis to request reconnection.

It takes time every week to call and resolve problem, which persists.

Their laziness and incompetence is causing havoc.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDisconnecting of services

Hi u don't emblazoned the channel of champions ad u are pronouncing. I'm battling whole day to get error message cleared after I was double charged for services involving price lock. Wasted airtime on 5 phone calls, all lasting about 30mins each, costing me about R200 in airtime. The last agent showed absolutely no urgency. Promises of any callbacks to me never materialized. Clearly this type of service is unacceptable and inexcusable Its no idle threat but his poor service will be exposed.