MultiChoice Africa / DSTVrefund on a double payment

D

I accidentally made two payments on my DSTV account, as I did an EFT via ABSA bank and the first payment didn't show, so I assumed it didn't go through, however on the 8th of May I realised the mistake when checking my bank account, as I had to pay my Telkom account and all of a sudden there were no funds available to make the payment. I contacted Multichoice and spoke to a lady Katekani (great person and very helpful), however after 32 emails, copies of my bank statement (to proof that I have made two payments and Katekani also confirmed that she can see that I made two payments on their system) and my ID copy I am still waiting for the refund. Even after she confirmed that the refund has been successfully submitted and I just need to check my account, I received an automated e-mail this morning to request the same documents again and the person (Sylvester) who sent the email cannot be contacted in any way.

If you provide me with an email, I can foward you the related communication.

First of all why do they need proof of payment if they can see on their side that I made two payments, why does it take so long to conclude such a small query. I believe that their staff is either incompetent or their system is set up to stall customer payments for their own benefit, which is against the consumer law of South Africa.

Deon

• El
    Eliki Oct 07, 2021

Hi I accidentally paid more than I should have.please help me with a refund

• Ed
    Eddie Mangwane Aug 27, 2021

I just made a mistake yesterday I paid multichoice twice, I've been sending emails and wattsap from yester I did send everything they asked for but I don't get help, I think multichoice is here to rip customers, they don't care about us, nothing unreliable staff

Jasmine Kubheka Jul 06, 2021

Hi
    I made a incorrect payment to DSTV I've been struggling since the for 2 weeks to get a refund, this a more than 10k. DSTV service was stopped as they realized it was done incorrectly, but the refund still not back.

• Nd
    Ndavhe Apr 15, 2021

Hi, I accidentally made two payments of R560.00 each, one after another . Can I be refunded for the other one as I dearly need it . I did that by mistake

• Gi
    Gift4 Sep 25, 2020

Hi I accidentally paid R4841 instead of R400 . How do I get refunded?