MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Logo

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service

Having problems with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV?

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 19, 2007. The latest review Unallocated funds to my account was posted on Sep 16, 2021. The latest complaint Service was resolved on Jun 13, 2021. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1869 reviews. MultiChoice Africa / DSTV has resolved 50 complaints.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service Contacts

+27 11 289 2222 (Johannesburg)
+27 12 422 2222 (Pretoria)
+27 21 508 2222 (Cape Town)
+27 41 395 2222 (Port Elizabeth)
+27 51 503 2222 (Bloemfontein)
+27 11 289 3000 (Switchboard)
144 Bram Fischer Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV Customer Service. Initial MultiChoice Africa / DSTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MultiChoice Africa / DSTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MultiChoice Africa / DSTV. Discuss the issues you have had with MultiChoice Africa / DSTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Complaints & Reviews

MultichoiceBilling and viewing

Dear Sir/Madam

My number is Lindile Nomvete I have two Dstv Decoders . The due date for both my Decoders is 9th of each month and I am paying R 820 for both of them. During the month of June 2021 I called the Dstv contact centre and requested that my due date be changed from 09th to 15th of each month and that was done. On the 10 July 2021 surprisingly my Dstv was disconnected and the account was increased rapidly from R 820 to R 1200 . I feel that is not fair because I have not even enjoyed any extra viewing. I had Dstv since 2014 but I never encountered such a problem. I the requested that my account be left unchanged. Please find this Ref number [protected]'i215

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

My ID number will be provided on requested

Regards
L.Nomvete
[protected]

Jul 09, 2021

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — Account deactivated.

I have recently upgraded my package to DSTV compact on the 15th of June based on the communication received...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVTechnicians poor service

I have received poor service from 2 technicians having paid both for the same job. The 1st one installed my dish to a neighbours one and I had to pay a second guy who joined old cable and after calling him for 2 days he promised to come in to repair it but does not pitch.
    I really need to speak to someone urgently. I recvd a call for Multichoice at a bad time taking care of Ill Covid patients and could not talk as I assumed it was someone trying to persuade me to upgrade.I have had lots of those calls.
    I have the details of both technicians
    Des [protected]

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVTechnical problems unresolved after 10 days of misery

I have enjoyed perfect connectivity from my primary decoder to my secondary decoder for the past seven years. After agreeing to renew my contract an installer was sent to install a new decoder. After 4 hours of communication with DSTV the extra view still would not work. The installers re-visited to confirm the installation was OK - it was, the decoders were checked at a DSTV service center - also OK and in the shop could "talk" to each other. Two more wasted hours of communication with DSTV still no success. I was promised on four separate occasions that a manager would call me to resolve the issue - ten days later still no extra view and no calls from any DSTV "managers"...must be nice to have a monopoly. Why promise a customer that they will receive a call and then totally ignore them - must be some sort of sick game I think.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDishonest Installer - Mr DSTV

MR DSTV

This is n dishonest DSTV installer and have wrong fully charge my parents for the moving of n decoder +/- 10m-15m.

When they were contacted (details found on dstv accredited installers),

They quoted R350 for call out and R10 /m for cable (no additional charges)

When they were done installing they indirectly demanded the old people (my parents)to pay them R900 (invoice attached)

There workman ship is poor they left all the cut cables as is and move furniture and did not even move it back.

Is this the kind of service providers you allow to be associated with the DSTV brand?

Dishonest Installer - Mr DSTV
        Dishonest Installer - Mr DSTV

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVStreaming

My complaint is that the dstv streaming service is constantly buffering. Especially Discovery Fox etc. I have a 1000Mbps upload and download fibre connection with Webafrica, the fibre is provided by Frogfoot In the Western Cape, with whom I have spent many hours troubleshooting. I have a Hisense 55" UHD U7 TV connected via cable. DSTV Now service on cellphone is fine. How can this issue be fixed. I await your response. [protected]@gmail.com. Many thanks in advance Hamish

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVPayment

I paid my account on 30/06/2021 amount r319.00 my statement was for r323.00 when I went to pay it reflected that I must only pay r319.00 I then got a notification today 06/07/2021 to say my account was not paid and my services was suspended and I had to pay another amount of r146.26. I then made the payment.
            I need a explanation why I had to pay the extra amount, I called and chatted to kgao which was very unhelpful and ended my chat without me getting the answers that I wanted, had to call back again same story eventually I decided to ask to speak to a person in your accounts dept he gave me this number to call [protected] call was just dropped this is very unprofessional please check your records that I paid on time here is my details :mr frederick st clair id [protected], customer number [protected], s/card [protected] cell [protected]. Please revert to me as soon as possible

Jul 06, 2021

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV — I'm complaining about a service and product

To whom it may concern, I'm writing this to express my disappointment on the treatment and service DSTV ha...

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVConnection

Good day i am on the family stream package and this is now not the first time my connection was cut due to dstv saying no payment but i paid before the the due date and now again my account is due on the 4th and inpaid via eft on the 2nd still today not connected and i phoned dstv a couple of times even sent them the proof if which the consultants confirmed receiving it but till now my service is not connected.

Connection

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVI been waiting nearly 3 months for my signal to be sorted out

Dstv sold me the xplore 3 with installation. Sins then i have been battling with signal. I have phoned them about 20 times already and every time they say they will get back to me and never does.

The installer does not even want to answer his phone which dstv recommended.

I am paying for a service which i cannot even use

Please advice what is my next step

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVProgramming

I've noticed a rapid drop in the standard of programming scheduling.

The following occurs:

1. On my playlist the timing is often wrong. Programs are cut off prematurely.
                  2. On Wimbledon live matches in its finality (5/7 game Rublev) are suddenly stopped and replaced with another, which takes 15 min to get going. Clearly, no thought is going into the programming.
                  3. Why show endless repeats when there is plenty of matches to potentially choose from?
                  4. Why have these (expensive no doubt) so-called panels of experts when you cannot get the basics right?

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDstv installerd

I'm am totally disgusted with the type of installers that dstv use .They are all giving you crap service and then you just have to pay most of them are just doing it for the money and leaving you high and dry when they mess up like this Zimbabwean guy Tawa he report my dish and left the cord just as is also when they come and do the service they stole one of my dish screws so every time the wind blows my signal is out and I need to get someone out to reinstall my signal this is the type of people dstv takes on as sub contracts and then we are also sitting with the crap service that dstv is giving you and still pay for this crap all or most of the installers are just making money of us as dstv customers .Now this guy reinstall my signal on Saturday but it didn't last a day and I payed him in full now I'm again struggeling to get him to come and fix it. Where are you get this incompetent installers that you as dstv use they are all Crooks

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVPrice - lock account cancellation

My name is robert msithini, one of the dstv account holders. I have applied for price-lock option in april 2021 and was promised 2 ultra decorders that i have not receivced thus far.
                      Based on the above, i would like to cancel it because i am being charged for services i have not received to date.

Yours
                      msithini robert b
                      id [protected]
                      +[protected]

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVUnethical behaviour

DSTV certified installer - "-DSTV Supreme Signal t/a Brown Bridge IT Solution" - Chris [protected] - did my installation in Pretoria on 24 June 2021 and overcharged me on every item, putting me in a financial difficult position. I would like to raise my concern on his credibility and being allowed to charge these prices? Is this allowed? I ended up with an invoice of R7308.00 which I had to pay immediately. Please advise. Kind regards. Mrs B Basson

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVdisconneting off my dstv package

i have tryimg nou for nearly 6 day to get this solve..they dissconnect my holidayhome because off a fault on there site i did ask for compact plus they said i ask for premuim..I want them to go back anx to listen to the recofdings...and they toom off R472 pm which is not premuim
                          with dt order...last month it was the same story and they sort it out...no again...and nobody came back to me !!!

please !!!
                          my id number is [protected]...aj basson
                          [protected]

• Ro
                              Rodney Kenny Sep 01, 2021

Multichoice and dstv have bullying tactics when it comes to service delivery. They treat customers bad knowing that they have nowhere else to go. Customers cannot mobilize and punish them with subscription cancelation as they have no competition in the market.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVSubscription

I'm subscribed to two decoders and my subscription price I pay every month and I told them my payment date must be by the 7th, now for the past 3 months I've been suspended a day after payment they always ask for proof of payment and I send not knowing I'm being charged for reconnection fee for their mistakes because they don't allocate payments early, my total subscription is R524 and I paid it only to wake up to my services suspended I've been complaining since Friday sending proof they tell me im overdue with R150 I paid it they telling me about another R600 that needs to be paid and I'm not being explained to what the charges are for

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVService

Greetings,

I had an issue with clearing error on my account. 1 of your agent on life chat took our communication very light and funny for him/her, i find it very very rude. This happened twice. He/she asked me ID number, Initials, Physical address, cell number before he/she can assist me. I provided them except the physical address which i was not sure, i have been using my account for a long time and unfortunately due to my personal reasons, i moved few places from another hence i cannot remember the registered address of my account with you. When i explain myself, he/she just say ''lol goobye'' and close the ticket immediately. This is really unprofessional for agents who actually are face of live chats and Multi-choice. His/her name is Nothando, i still have our communication as reference if needed. All these happened on 03/07/2021 around 14:00 pm. Please can i ask this to be resolved within the live chats because 40 % of them are very incapacitated and not sure what they are dealing with.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVDstv

My name is Paula Bennett. Id [protected]. I've called dstv numerous times. I've been promised a call back within 24/48 hours every time. My 1st call was on may 27th, 37 days ago. Dstv said they had to access the recorded conversation I had with Lorraine, their salesperson. But I STILL haven't heard back fm u. They hv for the last 2 months incorrectly taken abt R90 more fm my account which is on direct debit. They hv said they've escalated the issue 3 times. But nobody contacts me and nothing gets resolved. Pls revert urgently. My cell is [protected]. Paula

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVInability to service your own special offers

Having received an email offer 29/6/2021, namely ...

"Hi Trevor Martin,
                                  When you already have your pick of the world's very best entertainment how can it get any better? Get the Explora Ultra at a lower contract price of R899pm, normally priced at R949 which saves you R50pm. Offer Valid till 6 August 2021. ..."

I went to the local DSTV Service Centre to avail of the deal, only to be told that the service centre cannot help and I must go home and apply on-line in order to avail of the offering. ... REALLY DSTV! is that how you treat your customers?

Inability to service your own special offers

MultiChoice Africa / DSTVRemoval and incomplete recording of series

I don't even know where to start describing how very angry I am. All programs that I watch and love have suddenly DISAPPEARED without any notice to us the viewers. JODHA and AKBAR which airs on ZEE world has been removed from it's original time slot to a new time slot . It was on s2 episode 7 and the channel will be airing s1 episode 17. This show has over a 100 episodes! WhmmmmhnIf you are airing s1 episode 17 when are you gonna reach episode 100 and then finally s2??? This is absolute rubbish!!!

Married to medicine (channel 103)which is currently airing s8 will stop showing from episode 15 while should end at episode 17!! Where are we supposed to watch the reunion??? You are now starting a new show on the married to medicine time slot when you have not ended it's season well!!!

On channel 153 'my sibling and I' which is on its 3rd season has completely DISAPPEARED this week! Why! Why! Why! Then ' legacy's which is a new show on the same channel has also just disappeared!!!

I always record ENTIRE SEASONS of shows I watch but sometimes they don't get recorded!! Why?????

Multichoice you are INCOMPETENT!! & very UNHELPFUL! I am very annoyed by you!