Multichoicefrustrated with multichoice customer service!

S

I have been so frustrated with the customer service at Multichoice, that I know revert to writing this down, as I cannot explain this issue one more time to someone who works shifts and finds it impossible to keep their word, and get back to me as they ALL promise.

REF number: [protected]

In March 2006, I disconnected my service with MultiChoice, as I moved to Mozambique for an unknown period. On 27 Fear I asked a friend, to phone Multichoice on my behalf, using my DSTV number, to inquire re the reconnection fees,(monthly and yearly) She did this, and concluded this conversation in saying that we will come back to confirm if we wanted to pay for this on monthly or a yearly basis. Thus not confirming it during the call.

On 27 March, to my shock and surprise I saw that the amount of R 858.93 was deducted by Multichoice. I was horrified. And then the terrible journey began to try and sort this out with your call centre. I phoned on 2/4/2007, spoke to Henri, see above ref number. All he did was to say the call will be retreated and he will get back to me before the end of the week, On Thursday I called just to find that nothing was done.

On Tuesday 10/4/2007 I called again (even though Multichoice said they would call me back. ) I spoke to Nicky, she escalated the problem to the complains manager. Later in the week I called again, and spoke to Marilynn Collins, to whom I had to again explain the full problem. She said that someone listened to the call, and that they said my friend requested reconnection. ON the same day Henri called to say that he did not listen to the call, someone else did.

I now requested to listen to the tape myself, and asked Marilynn to arrange for this for Sat 21/4/2007 at 09h00. On Monday 16/4/2007 I got a message from her to say that they had the tape at the front desk on 14/4/2007 --- I was amazed.

On 17/4 I called and asked to speak to Shawane, he actually listened to me, and even indicated that he can understand why someone might have misunderstood this request as a request for reconnection. I FELT HOPEFUL. He promised to make an appointment for me for 21/4/2007 at 10h00 and would get back to me

I WAITED

19/4/2007 I called again, asked to but put through to a complaints manager, as Shawane was not on duty, who would call me back within the hour, as the problem has been escalated (I now think this just means, the complaint has been filed in the dustbin)

When at 16h00 I still have not been contacted by Multichoice (within the hour she said) I called again, and asked the call centre person who answered Peter, to just put me through to a complaints manager, I got connected to Johannes Nkabinde, who said someone apparently did try and get hold of me. I however had no missed calls from anyone, and received no messages on my answering service.

He promised to again forward an email to Marilynn and Shawane and Nicky to get back to me to confirm the appointment for Saturday 21/4/2007.

I feel as a customer, that I have no value to you, that when a problem arise, you seem to think that it is my problem, and my perception is that I as a customer has no value to you. This saddens me and at the same time makes me really really angry. You have a customer complains department, yet I as a customer feels that you really do not care enough to help me. The experience I had with you really just makes me wonder if I want to be your customer. Should I not spend my money elsewhere.

I am in anticipation to hear the outcome of this issue, I would be most amazed if someone calls me back tomorrow.

Kind regards

• Updated by Sizakele McKarteeny · Mar 08, 2018

Hi there. My channel 408 isnt playing. What is happening because I paid

• Updated by Priscilla Van wyk · Mar 21, 2018

• Updated by Inoshini · Apr 03, 2018

I am very upset about glow tv been removed from dstv, there are many channels that are of no use, glow tv has millions of viewers and i dont see the need for it to be removed . Glow tv were airing series that you follow on a daily basis, unlike the repeats of movies that airs on dstv other...

• Updated by Katlego Spooner · Jul 11, 2018

Can someone help the SABC channels areblocked but other channels are playing fine can we get assistance bcos they couldn't help remotely

• Updated by Rudy Naidu · Sep 10, 2018

When called dstv...i was told that I can go to their branch in Umhlanga and they will replace my explorer. Spoke to Kevin from the insurance department and was assured that I will get a new explorer by tomorrow.
    Got home and got a call from Kevin again saying that I will only be able to get a new 1 in November beacuse as per the call with myself and agent, the 3 months waiting period was confirmed. Asked for the recording to be sent through and still nothing has come.
    My point being, why make a decision to give me the new explorer and also say that he will extend his arm and waver the waiting period, only to get a call from him saying that he cant help, yet the decision was made to help but instead will look for every way not to help.
    Pathetic service from DSTV Randburgh.

• Updated by Vivian Torlage · Aug 23, 2019

History Vaults and BBC life style is available on dstv catch up plus with internet, history vaults and BBC life style is not available at this time, can you please explain, why

• Updated by Vivian Torlage · Aug 23, 2019

dstv catchup plus has history vaults and bbc life style on dstv catchup plus, history vaults and bbc life style is no longer available on dstv catchup plus, why ?

• Updated by Vivian Torlage · Aug 23, 2019

history vaults and bbc life style has been taken off dstv catchup plus, why ?

• As
    Ashana Naidoo May 19, 2020

Tlc has 9 adverts each time with the same stuff showing. Movies are repeated and very old movies are shown.
    There are so many new movies and we see the old ones and we pay so much.
    This is unacceptable

• To
    Tondi Oritonda May 13, 2020

Dstv is so petty. Scamming people n repeating shows. Making us pay additional fees because of 'terms n conditions' which they never inform us of prior to signing up with them. STAY AWAY FROM DSTV!!!

• As
    Asandiswa May 12, 2020

Reference number: 8018844/I249
    21 days and counting.
    This issue was approved and escalated for refund through internal channels, but now dstv is attempting to back-track.
    I have no other option than to contact my attorney for legal advice.
    I need my refund.

• Mu
    Mushaathoni Nemaungani May 05, 2020

My dstv now app only works for few minutes and deregister itself. I log it everyday and told them all over and over to check why but they don't do that. Every day I have to ask them to register my device but they don't help me with anything. As I don't even use this app now because of that. My number is [protected].

• Mu
    Mustafa52 Mar 07, 2020

Secondly our set top box doesnt respond to remote switch on or off although we changed the battery.
    The set top box when we change manually from the box the command keys on them also is not working

• Gl
    Gloria Mabiletsa Feb 18, 2020

TV shows E16-4 error and have been communicating with dstv since morning this is frustrating as I pay without failure. My ID number is [protected] and smart card number is [protected]. Please fix the problem. I have tried to switch on and off as requested and reset but nothing works

• Ga
    Gabisile Zulu Feb 09, 2020

My package was changed in 2017 from premium to the next package and since then I've been paying my account not exceeding R500 include the explorer R95 option.
    I've also changed the date from the 17th to the 27th of each month. January 2020 I was informed that I owe R927.00 which came as a surprise because I normally par R492.00.

• Kh
    Khungwana Feb 09, 2020

I was disconnected after downgrading from DSTV Compact to the R105 DSTV package on the 29 January 2020 . The payment was made at Shoprite at Kenako Mall Port Elizabeth .My account number is [protected] . My smartcard number is [protected]. Please help reconnect me.

• Br
    Brett D Harrison Jan 27, 2020

Reference is #INC - 46297. Have been waiting for a week.

Janine29 Jan 11, 2020

I was calling in about my account this month my account is 1560 how it possible I pay ever month for my package I don't get real answers by operator my account was due until 10th of January I was told now my service been suspended

• Nd
    Ndebele sthah Dec 14, 2019

I called in for about five times.. different agents are telling me different things about the activation of my package.. two agents dropped my calls.. i am so disappointed, it has been two days i have no services.. what kind of customer service is this..?

• Ni
    Nick7810# Dec 08, 2019

I pay premuin every month, and when i want to watch something show the programme on info but shows the something else, i have a pic of that! Movies get played over and over! No wander dstv loosing clients to netflix etc!

• Ka
    kasali idowu oyeyemi Nov 26, 2019

My dstv no is [protected] pls kindly help in resolving this issue.
    My due date is 29th of every month.
    Phone no : [protected]
    name: kasali idowu oyeyemi

• Fa
    Fanazana Nov 06, 2019

Goodday,

I have been battling with multichoice service team for almost 2weeks now, the issue started when I upgraded my account from compact full view dated 25/10/2019 and to date nothing has been resolved.

my extra view is still not accessible when I call them while I am work and the answer is please all us when you get home, when I communicate with them from home via whatsap messenger or chat messanger its different story sorry we cannot fix the error msg Oops really ?no Sir we have escalated your matter higher.

it is costing me money and data to communicate for one thing over and over again where else there is no solutions

so I am so tired of this issue can someone or management step in and assist

Rgds
    Alfred Nyaweni
    ID: [protected]

• Th
    Thobie Shabalala Nov 04, 2019

I have a dstv price lock compact explora this month 2250 taken from my accounts I don't understand cause my account was not overdue and I only pay 550 last month more than 1000 was taken I fail to understand how much I'm paying now my contact no is [protected]

Maleshwane Nov 03, 2019

Greetings

This is with regard to the termination of 3 most important channels on DSTV (channels 131, 170& 184) as a paying customer I deserve an explanation. We are being left with useless channels like 155& 128. Can we please be included in decision making?

Thanks

Charles Stofberg Nov 02, 2019

The only cannels to watch (more or less) are 170 and 171 - we watch them 80% of the time, now you want to take away 170. Gee-weez there are 30 other useless cannels you can delete. Leave 170.

michelle vanwyk Oct 30, 2019

Good day

I am upset about the billing I am receiving from multichoice

My DSTV was disconnected yesterday and I was told that I have an outstanding balance of R3000 + which I find very ridiculous
    i called in and was advised that i been incorrectly billed

• Wa
    Waldo Fortmann Oct 30, 2019

An account was opened on my cell nr. I have never had a dstv account and never will.

Fraudulant customer nr.

[protected].

Why does DSTV not check Rica on cell nrs

• Gi
    girley Oct 29, 2019

account :[protected], id [protected].my dstv is always closed on the 25th of each month, and before it used to be closed after the 07th of each month. I have until the 07th to pay all my accounts. can you please assist. I cannot pay dstv on my payday (25th). can you please assist me by resolving this issue. Please give me until the 07th .

MikaJa Oct 27, 2019

Wow im appalled even uploaded a review at hello peter, can yal people kindly remove my name from your account i am not a price lock customer nor do i own a decoder from you, its costing me the leisure of watching tv as i get disconnected every 2nd day im tired of calling yal do the right thing and stop billing my account i dont owe yal

• Ri
    Rich8901 Oct 26, 2019

I pay 899 a month for my subscription and all i get to watch is repeats and reapts WHY?????

• Ju
    Juniorr Oct 22, 2019

Can someone please explain to me how is that possible that i have been paying for dstv R390. 00, last month things changed, i payed R548. 00, now this month im being billed R 1342.00

I demand some explaining

Jacques Botha Oct 20, 2019

I trying since yesterday to activate my new decoder since the old one failed - please refer to the screenshot for more details - I'm getting no where and paying for a service im not getting - I been a customer for 20 years - bad service

• Ng
    Ngoakoane Cholo Oct 20, 2019

My question or concern is why is Leon Schuster's BLACK FACE comedy still being played on our TV screens. We all know the BLACK FACE is racist. Something must be done about this

• Ni
    Nicolaas van Noordwyk Oct 19, 2019

Your DStv, To continue viewing, you need to pay R595.64 today, using ref no. [protected] agent grossly poor. Then We've stopped your DStv as you've not paid. To reconnect, pay R645.64. But account is PAID! Then 6calls later E143 unresolved error!! Continuous poor pathetic service and zero accountability.

• By
    BYron Cunningam Scott Oct 14, 2019

The only reason i subscribe to DSTV in South Africa is for the crime channel and the History channel and occasionally sport.They are taking away the two best channels, yet continue to charge an exhorbitant fee.

• Er
    Erny Oct 13, 2019

I made a payment on the 26/09/2019 of 400 on a decoder that I stopped using 2 years ago, it gives a 30-4 notification though the agents told me it will fixed l. I asked for a refund as I had paid for something I can not view. My query was escalated and was told i would receive a call in the next 48 hours but nothing has happened. Please assist.

Jackie Van Der Linde Oct 12, 2019

My contract has expired I contacted dstv 4 weeks ago to resolve this issue. Not one person has bothered to phone me back after I was told someone would contact t me. Now my account has been disconnected I have just phone and was put on hold for 50mins then cut off. The non existence service is shocking.

• Be
    Ben42 Oct 07, 2019

When i make payments it's different amounts than my service is dependent please sort my account

• He
    Henning M Sep 29, 2019

We send how many sms's send an request via the website send emails still no feedback or phone call asb promised. Please get your act together customer service is the key!!

• Mo
    Mosa Kagiso Sep 28, 2019

I upgraded using the dstv whatsapp contact i used the payu website to pay the amount of R264.00 but when i called dstv they said the amount is not reflecting and that i should pay R420 at the store so i can be able to watch i went to my bank amount went off on the 4.09.2019 my id number [protected]

Mike1964 Sep 28, 2019

Now that I need dstv now to watch the rugby at work, it's not available..you probably gonna say you couldn't keep up with the demand on the day, so fix that and stop promoting this dstv now service.

• To
    Tony Pretorius Sep 28, 2019

Hi

I just want to know why can I not see the Rugby world Cup on my DSTV. I mean it is World Cup. Every year when there is other World Cups like Soccer it is available. I am really unhappy with DSTV and I will not recommend to anyone if there is nothing going to happen. You also going to lose me as a customer as soon as my contract ends.

Regards

• Le
    Lehlohonolo Oscar Nkonyane Sep 25, 2019

Good Day,

My name is Lehlohonolo Oscar Nkonyane ID number [protected] I have a problem on my account whereby I am being overcharged on devices that I had requested to be cancelled, and now I have two accounts that are being affected as a result.
    My number [protected]

• Gr
    Gregory Hoets Sep 25, 2019

Useless. Limitless budget but still can't get it right. Refer to attached. Please advise.

No0 Sep 24, 2019

My dstv was switched off on the 9th i rushed to pay R93 as ordered now i received another msg to pay 103 i dnt knw for what my dstv its switched off again i dnt knw what they are trying to achieve i cant pay R196 in all one month September my package its 103 dstv access..m so frustrated 😡😠

Matsatsi1 Sep 21, 2019

I have been incorrectly billed for the month of September. Every time I call for my refund I get told that the matter has been escalated to finance.

If I ask to speak to a manager or sipervisor, they are always in a meeting.

All I need is my refund and nothing else...

SamMark Sep 21, 2019

Absolutely shocking service from Sunday Call Centre Team. Operator Lucy was terrible, I wouldn't have her working at my business. Absolutely shocking service.
    I haven't had a new box office movie in 3 weeks, no updates?
    Please get back to me about Lucy and the fact that I haven't had ANY new movies on box office for 3 weeks
    Mrs Brand

• Ar
    Arlene2010 Sep 18, 2019

called on numerous times
    agree to make a payment no information
    still get called with no record of the previous arrangements
    causes confusion and not professional at all