Mediacom InternetReturn of equipment

I signed up for Mediacom internet service in 2004. The modem I had never worked right, and after calling Mediacom over and over only to hold for 45+ minutes each time, I finally got sick of waiting and bought a new modem to replace it. After a couple of years of on again/off again internet service I decided to switch to AT&T DSL. I called Mediacom to cancel my service and they told me to return the equipment. I took time off work to take the old busted modem back. They wouldnt accept it because "it is not the one registered to your account". Even though the serial number was on it. They were seeing my new one that I had paid for myself somehow. I refused to give them the one that BELONGED TO ME, and insisted they take the one THEY provided back. This battle went on for about a year until I started receiving collection notices. Here we are in 2010, and my mother decides to switch to the local phone co. DSL. She goes today to return the modem, and the idiot at the office tells her "That modem isnt ours. We've never had that kind" and refuses to take it. So I know this isnt an isolated problem. STAY AWAY FROM MEDIACOM!!!

RESOLVED

• Mediacom's response · May 18, 2011

Danny's albatross,

I would be happy to help if you are willing to allow me. I understand you are upset about the service, but I can provide additional info as well as working the problem to see you get the resolution that you are looking for. Please email me at [email protected] or on visit us on our forums at http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport

Thanks,
    Mediacom Social Media Relations

• Mi
    michael581 Jun 18, 2017

I have had Mediacom for years and years but over the past month it hasn't worked about 10% of the time, I bet I will get the same bill though, it should be zero though because it hasn't worked

Mad as hell and a wet hen Jul 05, 2013

When are you going to get dependable Internet service??? It goes out repeatedly. Have to turn the computer off and restart...It's disgusting...This quality service is worth about $5.00 a month!

Mad

• Da
    Danny's albatross May 18, 2011

Mediacom has been nothing but a pain in the butt/ I;m dropping them and switching to AT&T DSL. I'll lose cable TV, but at least now I'll be able to talk with a real person instead of frequent endless hold times waiting to talk with either someone who wants me to return to the main menu or send out a technician, at an ambiguous time of their convenience, or an automaton apologizing for the "brief interruption of service in your area". Mediacom has been a nightmare, and I have to pay for being treated like an idiot? I don't think so. Free, free at last!