McDonaldsservice, food quality & management

To whom it may concern,
I have never in my life experienced such bad customer service and food quality . McDonalds at Victor Harbor would have to be the most mismanaged, unsupervised store that I have come across. The below incident that I have just experienced is not the first one of it's kind, and yet it continues to happen and nothing appears to get done.
I have just returned from there after ordering 2 x 6 nugget meals, and a triple cheeseburger meal, I was ONCE AGAIN asked to sit in the waiting bay, as there is a wait on the nuggets, 15 MINUTES!! later my meal finally arrives. I have a quick look, all appears good BUT OH NO, SURPRISE, I have come home with 1 nugget meal, 1 cheeseburger meal and 1 triple cheeseburger meal ALL OF THE ABOVE COLD!
No use complaining to management about it (as we have at least 10 times before) as she is usually looking uninterested, and talking to you like you have a disability, unacceptable. They never offer compensation, and majority of the time you don't even get an apology.
I am disgraced by the service we receive from this franchise, I can emphatically say that I would rather travel the 35 minutes to Seaford and get Hungry Jacks or Red Rooster, at least I get what I ordered and always with a smile and politeness.
McDonalds will no longer be receiving my service.

Thanks for nothing McDonalds

Michelle Atherton

Janine Zootjes Dec 24, 2012

I have to agree with all the comments made about this store to date. I will NEVER eat in this restaurant again as long as they continue to treat their staff the way they do. I would NEVER hold a children's party at this restaurant and expose them to the abuse the staff are subject to. Sitting in this restaurant I very quickly lost my appetite as I observed one particular manager yell and bark orders at the staff. Unfortunately if you as a customer are unlucky enough to be spoken to by this woman you too will receive the same treatment as the staff. I have since been told this woman is the franchisee. I would NEVER let my child work in this type of environment and be bullied the way the staff are. I understand this is a fast paced environment but there is no need for the abuse the staff are subject to. If the franchisee at Victor Harbor is reflective of all franchisee's I will be avoiding McDonalds in general. The Fairwork Ombudsman needs to be informed!

• Su
    Sue Mousley Oct 08, 2012

It is all about the complaints from the customers but the staff are expected to work without any penalties and to fulfull when other people are sick and not allowed to take sickes when needed causing the health issue of food and clients, customers all being put in the predicament of someone not well passing on their illnesses to staff, customers etc. etc. The owners of these franchises need to take responsibility for hardworking staff doing above what is expected without penalties and sick leave!!!

• De
    Des Pinter Apr 30, 2011

Hi Michelle.
    I too have experienced very poor customer service at Victor Harbor McDonalds...Infact so bad they should send in mystery shoppers in there every couple of days, just so McDonalds head office can see whats going on!!! I can name a dozen people who have also experience the inexcusable service. I wanted to talk to the manager about my experience but they couldnt care less, so now Im left with decision of taking it up to a higher level.One of the staff members said I was a joke and rolled their eyes balls round at another customer because I asked for a refund.I said to her "You do realize I can hear you ?" she said "I DONT CARE" out loud to everyone in the restuarant ...this particular employee was probably be about 50 to 55 years old! I couldnt help to think perhaps shes on some kind of centrelink placement program "work for the Dole ". Anyhow who works at McDonalds when their 50? I guess thats another story.
    THE BURGERS ARE BETTER AT HUNGRY JACKS!
    ITS THE FLAMES THAT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
    Such a shame this has happened as I really do like Macca's Coffee.

Des Pinter