165 Avenue Northwest 9630, Edmonton, AB, T5Z 3L3, CA
Fri:5:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:5:00 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Mcdonalds Restaurantpoor service

We visited this restaurant, yesterday May 29---and, were----very upset with the service!!
To start with---we stood in ---line---for 30 min. ---before our order was taken!! There was---one cashier on duty!! The line-up was back to the entry door---probably at least 20 people!! A lot of people turned around and left (they were the smart ones)
Then----it took, at least another 15 min. to get our order! We have ----never seen such poor service in any McDonalds Restaurant we have ever been in!! (Also, the workers were not---wearing gloves while handling food!)
Don & Marg
Hope, BC

Comment Guidelines

10 Responses
    • Re
      Reviewer82241 Jan 04, 2016

Ever since you put the double drive though, the customers wait twice as long for there food I had already paid for my food I waited 45 minute's for my food everything went out the window you have to come up with a bettr idea or your going to lose a lot of costomers

• Re
      Reviewer78598 Dec 23, 2015

Sat in drive through for 30mins for them to say for the millionth time there ice cream machine is down and then we sat another 15 mins in line till we just left with four cars still ahead in line

• Po
      pobarjenkins May 31, 2011

I guess I don't understand how you can walk into a fast food joint, see lines to the back of the restaurant, and still be angry that there is a wait. Rushes cannot always be predicted and employees call in. Some things are out of the control of the restaurant.

• IronGrudge89 May 31, 2011

I call ### on the 30 minute wait. And even if you did wait that long it's your own fault. You're not a prisoner, you can make your own decisions. Obviously you chose to poison your body with disgusting food, so I guess smart decisions aren't your thing. Am------I------right------?

• Go
      GoldOpals Opals May 31, 2011

Were the only issues the long wait and workers not wearing gloves? In some states, workers do not legally have to wear glove while preparing food, as long as they wash their hands at regular intervals.

I worked at McDonalds for 8 years during high school and university. I have to say that it sucks that you had to wait so long, but crap happens. I remember big crowds coming in at unexpected times (over 100 at 7am once), and we just had to work our butts off. Personally, I always tried to smile apologetically and be friendly, but there is not much you can do.

Was there workers standing around talking? Was it a time of the day where it would be expected to be busy? How many workers were in the whole store (including kitchen)? Was the register worker deliberately unfriendly? Was the register worker trying to compensate for the rush? Did they look like they wanted to cry?

I am not saying you should not complain. Complain to management (or franchisee or corporate) to get more workers on. It took my store TWO FREAKING YEARS to get someone to cover a huge rush we had every wednesday at 11pm. If it continues be persistant.

• Vi
      viamy Jun 27, 2009

The McDonalds in Johnstown PA, especially the one on Napoleon Street and Lyter Drive are notorious for taking forever in the drive thru. Their customer service is one of the worst around here. Forget about getting a thank you or smile. They shove the order at you and shut the window so they continue to socialize with their co-workers and don't care if they failed to give you napkins or straws. Be sure to check your order before you pull away from the window because 80% of the time something is missing.

• Sh
      Shelly Mar 05, 2009

I went through the drive through today (the one by Giant Tiger) after ordering a Big Mac meal, got home and my fries were half full and my burger had no pickles, onions, one slice of cheese and a very little sauce and lettuce. She passed my drinks to me and dropped straws and I had to ask for her to give me a couple more. They were not busy but they are sure willing to take your money and not give you what your paying for.

• Tr
      trabunco Jan 02, 2009

How long does it take to prepare an egg mcmuffin then? Mcdo Ozamis sucks! They got me twice. Very poor service. Managers lack the ability to supervise and monitor their crew. Just this morning I ordered 2 egg mcmuffins and I was told it will take 5 min to prepare. But their 5 min was multiplied by 4 and I starved as I waited for my breakfast. When it was delivered to my table, I asked why it was delayed and the answer was, "nadugay pagdeliver". Wow! Thats some excuse from a global fastfood chain. Now this is a disgrace to the whole Mcdonalds community. That is not fastfood... that is slowfood. The crew also lacks the adequate training and product orientation. A year a go I ordered a taro pie and I was given an apple pie placed in a box/pouch that says "taro" pie. Can't they tell the difference or they just lack the system to be efficient. They better not stock rodents poison near the kitchen least they serve that to their customers.

• Am
      Amen Oct 05, 2008

So how is this a complaint or are you complaining about yourself and why you constantly eat mcdonalds everyday? Bet your life expectancy is below 50.

• Ke
      Ken Oct 04, 2008

I went to Mcdonalds Restaurant 1 morning to get a quick beakfast befor work, there was a short line up at the drive through, so i went inside, only 1 person in line, i put in my order & as i was waiting for about 15 min. as i watched numerous cars go through the drive thru, i noticed the young fellow filling orders for the drive thru wearing blue jeans sweatshirt & baseball cap packing food while constantly wiping his hands on his jeans & sweatshirt, lifting his ballcap running his fingers throught his hair, then i see him putting hashbrowns in deepfryer with his fingers. Ihad lots of time to see this because it took so long to get a single egg mcmuffin

McDonalds — kristy moloney

I had heard alot about racists people but havent seen any until I went to this mcdonalds in edmonton located...

Edmonton