Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasherpiece of junk!

This dishwasher is terrible. It's two years old and I've had nothing but problems with it after a few months. The biggest problem is that it rinses the dishes with soapy water and then the soap dries on the dishes.

I've had "technicians" out here but they say they can't help me because my water is hard. Baloney. I've done every "fix" they have told me to do, run it with only vinegar twice, use a product called Lemi Shine, etc. Still the problem. Today the technician told me it was the rinse agent, Cascade Crystal Clear, that was causing the soapy rinse water. So I should run the dishwasher enough times to get rid of all of it in the dispenser. We'll see... I hate this dishwasher. I've had dishwashers for decades, so I know what they should do, but these "technicians" talk to me like I've never owned one before and it's my fault!

Beware!

Apr 22, 2007

I am searching the internet to see if any one else has had the issue with their Maytag dishwasher. We have the Quite Series 300 and have hated from day one. I have never had a dishwasher that will not clean - my dishes come out worse than when they went in - and now it has died. Will not run. Have to give up on Maytag - the Neptune washer "stunk" and now this nightmare.

Had it looked at - tried the hard water trick; then the not hot enough water trick - just a piece of junk.

• L
      Jun 18, 2007

I have the Maytag 200 Quiet Series and HATE it. I have to rinse the dishes until all the food is totally removed before putting in the dishwasher. Is it quiet? NO. Also, if the rinse aid is out, the glasses are very foggy. Previously we had a 23yr old Kitchen Aid, and I wish I still had it. Additionally, it is suppose to be stainless steel, you can stick a magnet to it (which indicates it is not stainless) and there are rust spots on the face of the dishwasher. Maytag is NOT what they use to be!

• M
      Jun 28, 2007

I totally agree. We have had this dishwasher for 3 years and had a repair tech out twice to fix the "grinder" in the bottom and then the door handle AND NOW need to have someone out again because the tub is not emptying after the cycle runs. To repair or to replace? That is the question but this is THE WORST appliance we have ever bought!

Jun 29, 2007

Out Maytag Quiet Series 200 has been installed for 18 months. We can confirm that the dishwasher is very quiet. Sadly, the reason it’s so quiet is because it died completely.

What happened to Maytag making a superior product? Those days, as we can see, are long gone.

What a disappointment.

Jul 06, 2007

We haven't even had our quiet series 200 for 3 years, it will be 3 years in September, what a peice of junk, the handle broke within the first year and then the thing finally bit the dust just a week ago. We now use it as a dish drainer, I really wish I would of read these reviews before getting the thing. Then again it might be a good thing it died for I don't need the aggravation of this thing anymore.

It did leave food and water in the bottom, it and it also left yucky stuff on the door seal on the bottom, it was the first thing you would see when you opened it, I will not buy another maytag item again. They are right it is very quiet being used as a dish drainer.

Jul 28, 2007

We have a maytag 200 quiet series and it is both noisy and also leaves a build up of grease and food residue along the door. I called maytag and they said this is a problem called beaching and they had no suggestions on how to correct the problem. I would not buy any more maytag appliances and i am letting my friends know of the problems with both the dishwasher and washing machine. I am very disappointed with maytag.

Aug 02, 2007

I bought a Maytag QuietSeries 200 last year and it worked perfect for almost one year, then it quit completely. I bought it June 30, 2006 and it died June 10, 2007. Only some of the lights come on the control panel and it won't start. I thought that I was lucky because I bought the two year extended warranty. What a bunch of crap!!! I called the repair company to come and repair my dishwasher and the technician came out and said that I needed a new control panel. The idiots at Maytag forgot to seal the control panels on the QuietSeries dishwasher models and many of the control panels on these models are starting to fail. No problem, just get me a new control panel. That's where the problem lies. This stupid control panel has been on backorder now for over six weeks. The inside of my dishwasher is starting to get moldy and now the repair company won't even return my phone calls. When I do get to speak with somebody, they tell me that the part is due in next week, but guess what? It never shows up. I bought this dishwasher because I felt that Maytag had an outstanding reputation. Buyers beware of any Maytag QuietSeries dishwashers, they are garbage.

• This is the worst purchase I have ever made. In three years, 2 handels, Dirty dish, noise and other that I can't say here because I'm to polite.

Apparently Maytag' tech. are bored... One thins is sure they cross my door anymore, this is the last Maytag product I will own.

Sep 12, 2007

My Quietseries 300 is a piece of junk. Door wouldn't latch from new. Trim and foam improperly installed, tub insulation fell off.
    NEVER will buy a Maytag product again.

• W
      Nov 03, 2007

My Maytag Quiet series 300 is a total piece of trash. First, it didn't rinse well. I had to rinse the dishes after washing them cause stuff was drying on them. Then the door latch broke after only a year. Now the control panel just died. I use it as a rack to dry my dishes. It's the biggest piece of junk I ever bought. Maytag has lost a customer for life and I will tell anyone who understands English what total crap they are.

Nov 10, 2007

We have a maytag quiet series 300. Hate it! hate it ! It is the most horrible piece of junk I have ever had. It has given us problems from day 1. The little pieces in the dishwasher have broken off, the latch to open it up broke. You have to wash the dishes to get them clean and if you leave a little food on them then guess what. It will be there when you THINK your dishes are clean. Take it from me I will NEVER have a maytag anything in my house EVER again.

Nov 12, 2007

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Have had a Maytag Quietseries 300 for around 4 years and I absolutely HATE IT. I have had many dishwashers before (cheap through expensive European models) and they have all washed dishes. NOT the Maytag though. Glasses/cups come out with embedded grime baked on them. I have had service calls to no avail, have contacted Maytag to no avail, we don't have hard water (checked with a proper water testing kit), have pulled it apart, have to manually line up dishwasher internals before each wash, have to manually pull broken bits of the dishwasher out of washer arms before each wash, I pre-rinse everything, have tried everything recommended but still this dishwasher doesn't clean things. Biggest heap of junk I have ever owned. We show our house regularly and I make sure I tell everyone about the heap of rubbish Maytag dishwasher. Oh yes, and the door latch broke long time back.

Nov 16, 2007

I thought I was doing something wrong in trying to latch the door, This is a piece of junk, I have it for just over a year now and the door just broke I should have read this site before purchasing this thing. I am calling the tech now.

• U
      Nov 16, 2007

Yes, the quiet series 300 Maytag is very quiet. It does not run! never buy one of these. Stopped running and then lights went out. It turned on once in the middle of the night and died finally. Replaced control panel and still didnt work. Replaced entire front panel and that didnt work. could have bought a new one for the parts. Now I still have a broken dishwasher and parts I cant return. Lasted about one year. Repair man was so frustrated he started to blame me. Should get more mileage out of a dishwasher than that. Thats $35 a month plus repairs. Should just rent one. I will do more research this time and check into extended warranties.

Nov 16, 2007

I have a Maytag Neptune washer that will not spin out correctly, and if you don't leave the door open the rubber around the ring of the washer starts to mil drew. I will not buy another one.

Our Maytag fridge was just a bad, as we thought we were upgrading to better appliances. My Maytag dishwasher does not clean dishes very well and it is not quiet.

The Maytag repair man needs to WORK!!!

• W
      Nov 17, 2007

I'm so glad we are not the only ones who experience problems with their Maytag 300. I thought I was doing something wrong! Our dishes are filthy after we run them through this dishwasher. We've had the broken door latch and had to replace the racks last year because the plastic coating came off and the exposed metal rusted. Actually, we need to replace the new racks as well.

I'm so disgusted with this dishwasher and will never purchase another Maytag product!

Nov 22, 2007

We have a Maytag Quiet Series 100 Dishwasher. Dishwasher leaked from day 1, had the technician out 4 times before he got it right. Handle has broken 3 times. Now the stupid thing will not start. The start light goes on, but the machine will not run.

I will never, never, ever buy another Maytag appliance again. I hope they go out of business.

Yes, the junk we get from China is cheap, but it still is junk.

Nov 23, 2007

EDIT: My apologies to the Chinese and their junk. I opened the machine to repair the handle yet again, and this junk is Assembled in Mexico...

• G
      Nov 27, 2007

We have a maytag 200 quiet series too and it works great, AS A DRYING RACK, AFTER I WASH MY DISHES BY HAND. Seriously, this machine has not cleaned a dish in its whole life. I try to use it sometimes, but I have to rinse every speck of food off the dishes first and even then, the glasses comes out with junk encrusted to the insides. I always have to rewash the glasses and I have to rinse the dishes before I use them or else they taste like dish detergent. What a piece of crap. Wastes time, money, water, and energy.

Dec 08, 2007

My handle broke the 1st of November on my dishwasher. I had purchased the extended warranty from Home Depot. All my co-workers and friends told me I wasted my money when I bought it but I felt quite happy when it did break that at least I had an extended warranty. I called and told the customer service rep to please just get it fixed by Thanksgiving. Well it still isn't fixed and now I am just hoping someone will come out and fix it before Christmas. The handles are on back order and who knows when they will be in. I am really sorry I didn't just spend the big bucks and buy a Bosch. I instead got tempted with my $200 gift certificate that I was awarded because I had spent $350 getting my Neptune wash machine fixed. I sure got sucked in on that trick to get me to buy another Maytag product.

Dec 25, 2007

I own Maytag Quiet Series 300 Quit. I have not been happy with my my dishwasher since day 1. Now it totally quit working (after 1 year and 1 month). Never buy this junk!

Dec 28, 2007

I bought a Maytag QuietSeries 200 about 3 years ago. JUNK! Same problems as listed above. The biggest problem is that the control panel now has gone out. I guess they gave the Magtag repair something to do.

Dec 30, 2007

I concur.

We have procured several Maytag appliances over the years. The last generation of products are crap. I regret buying the lot. Previously our Maytag dishwasher lasted more then 20+ years. It was loud and used alot of energy and water. But it worked. It was also fast. A heavy load took about 1hr to clean & dry.

The Quiet Series 300 unit we purchased at Home Depot was a nightmare from day one. I should have RMA to Home Depot. First the screw up on the ordering. Then they shipped the wrong unit. I should have kept it. Then they shipped it without the install kit. Bought it separately. Then the service technician who we engaged to do the install was a no show. Ok. At this point we were without a dishwasher for about two weeks. I wish I had not given our old one away.

Any way. The unit was finally installed. It was loud. It cracked our Pyrex measuring cup on the first load. Unbelievable. The service tech was new to Canada and complained to me when I said the unit was malfunctioning and was not cleaning. He told me that we could not wash plastic cups (Tupperware) on the lower leverl? HUH? Spots on the dishes. Did not clean well. Need to use extended clean cycle. Two-Three hours to clean. Noisy as hell. Sometimes the soap dispenser gets jammed.

Are we surprised that Maytag got taken over.

Did I mention I also bought a fridge, washer & gas dryer at the same time. The fridge is louder then all the unit combined. I have it sitting on two (2x4) wood pieces because it was so noisy. The electric dryer died within 2 years. I replaced it with a gas unit.

I strongly recommend to anyone not to invest in Maytag products. Their reputation is crap. If you can find an old unit (pre-1985 or earlier) buy it and repair it and use it forever. They work.

The energy efficient units are just hype.

CA

Jan 05, 2008

I agree [protected]%. I am in the process of getting rid of mine because of similar issues. Everything on the top rank comes out with food and soap from the bottom rank. The tech said we can fix it by turning on the kitchen sink until the water was hot, then starting the dishwasher. What a lame excuse for a piece of junk washer. I am current replacing it with a Whirlpool and I'm hoping the endless nightmare of have to wash the same cups 2-3 times will end.

Jan 08, 2008

I have had the Maytag Quiet Series 300 for 1 year and 5 months. It was washing just fine except for the chunky stuff. I have had no problems with the soap residue, but I use a gelled detergent that is easily dissolved in water. Now, however, after the warranty has run out, it sounds like a herd of elephants while washing the dishes. It has never been "quiet" but now it borders on waking-the-dead! Also, from time to time the control panel just would not work without a whole lot of hard finger pressing, swearing and flipping the bird at it. I feel that in the next few weeks I may be updating this post with a postmortem on this dishwasher. Maytag has fallen from grace as a reliable appliance (don't get me started about my washer/dryer!) and I will never recommend this brand again. Outsourcing produces cheaper stuff, but you always get what you pay for in the end. Quality costs money, there is no way around it.

Jan 10, 2008

We bought our house two years ago with a brand new Maytag Quiet Series 300 already installed and IT HAS NEVER WORKED!

Like others, our glasses come out encrusted with mystery sand and grime and the dishes come out worse than going in because we have to spend just as much time soaking the baked-on bits before doing a hand-wash on the load. Things come out greasy as well (and we're vegetarians here...WTF...not like we're adding buckets of lard to the load or anything).

Have done two rounds of the vinegar wash. After the first vinegar rinse, I did a load and halle###inluia - even the glasses turned out. But, that was it and the other loads weren't worth it. I just tried a second vinegar rinse so we'll see but, based on what everyone else is saying, I'm not too optimistic.

And the ### about hard water is just that - ###.

Total waste of space.

Jan 10, 2008

Well, at least I am in good company. I have the Maytag Quiet (yea right!) Series 300. We have had all the same problems that are posted on this page, broken handle, dirty dishes, rusted racks, noisy operation. I have lately developed a new quirk. It now likes to scream during the wash cycle. When it switches over from filling the tube to the wash cycle it stops every few seconds and shrieks. I am convinced that it is not really a dishwasher at all, but instead it is a portal to the very gates of hell. I have thought of calling a repairman, but instead I may consider an exorcist!!! Everyday I hope and pray for its inevitable death. I am seriously considering driving a wooden stake into its heart, but I am afraid it would only make it mad.

If you happen to find one of your children near this thing, RUN before she says, "There here!"

If you value your family do not buy the Maytag Demon Series 300.

Jan 29, 2008

Quiet series 300 -

We are having the "control panel" not working issue ... AGAIN. Last time it was under warrenty ... this time the warrenty has expired and they won't cover it even though it's a documented problem. We have a house full of Maytag "crap" that we have to get repaired continually from year to year. The products are only as good as the customer service. When will I ever learn ... Don't Buy Maytag !!

Feb 07, 2008

I also have a QS-300 and would agree with these posts. Purchased about 3 years ago with extended warranty. My handle finally breaks and both Lowes and Maytag say it is a normal wear and tear item and not covered under warranty. Glad I spent the extra $80.00 on that extended warranty. Apparently the new handle has been re-designed and costs $25.00. Way too much for a little piece of plastic! Called the Better Business Bureau to see if they can help with this defective item.

• B
      Mar 07, 2008

After a little over a year one of the wheels on the top rack of my Quiet Series 300 cracked and fell off. It's a five cent part. The only way to fix it is to buy an entirely new top rack for $160.

As stated by another poster, it's not as quiet as the name implies.

Rather than spend $160 on a part, I intend to buy a new dishwasher, and it will NOT be a Maytag.

• H
      Mar 09, 2008

I agree with much of what has been said. Maytag dishwashers are crap. In 5 years I have had 4 breakdowns and paid 3/4 of the value of the dishwasher in service calls. The scary part now is the warranty on parts is off.

Each time I have waited 3-4 weeks for the repairs to be completed as the parts don't appear to be stocked in Canada.

I phoned to complain after my Boxing Day break down - to total indifference on the part of the 'customer service' person. I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was told they do not take phone calls. I wrote a letter 8 weeks ago and still have not had a reply.

Not only is the product garbage, so is the service.

• B
      Mar 12, 2008

DO NOT BUY MAYTAGS QUIET SERIES 300. I have the same complaints. From the first day I owned it I have to rewash the dishes. I took it back to where I bought it and had everything replaced, computer board, grinder, etc. etc. etc. I had 1 week of relief and it all started again. It has been 2 years of misery, but I can't afford a different one.

Mar 16, 2008

I'll just say that every complaint on the Maytag is true and then some with mine. Thought I was buying quality but wound up with Junk, junk, junk. Will never buy another Maytag. There is a problem though, Maytag was bought out by Whirlpool not long ago. Now what? Is the Maytag better or is the Whirlpool worse? Think I'll buy a Fridgidare or Roper or Bosch or ???????????

Mar 27, 2008

i have the same its only a couple months old and it wont shut off it will just keep running until you stop

Apr 12, 2008

Maytag Quiet Series 200, noisy (Some days, it sounds like its chewing bone and we clean the dishes before washing with it), does not clean well. Lately, the handle broke. I opened it to check it and what holds the handle are four (4) little pieces 3/32" square by 3/8" high, and it is part of the control panel (top of the door). How do you expect those four cheap plastic parts to hold the handle? The engineer that designed this device is a bird brain, to fix this handle, you need to change to full plastic top panel of the door... Give that designer a doggy biscuit. Maytag is off my list for any other appliance, to think that my previous dishwasher lasted me 15 years, I will be lucky if this one makes it through his 3rd birthday.

• L
      Apr 17, 2008

My Maytag Quietseries 200 quit within a year, the control panel went out of it, then the handle broke and now it just won't spray water at all, just mists, real junk i'll tell you.

Apr 26, 2008

We finally dumped our Kenmore dishwasher last year because it was noisy. We bought a Maytag Quiet Series 200 but we now wish we still had our old dishwasher. The QS 200 is totally useless. We clean every plate that goes into it but it still cannot clean. The dishes somehow come out dirtier than they went in! The cycle takes around three hours, and the process is only slightly quieter than our old 25 year old dishwasher.

I could vent my spleen but it wouldn't do any good. The best thing is just to use the power of the internet to warn off any other potential buyers from purchasing Maytag appliances.

Just to exert some pressure on Maytag though, I think that we should not purchase ANY appliances from any dealers that will even sell Maytag. If they don't demonstrate any more concern for customers then how can we buy any brand from them?

Apr 29, 2008

Like everyone else here, we made the mistake of thinking we were getting top notch stuff when we bought our Maytag Quite Series 300. What is surprising is how they can make a brand new dishwasher that cleans so badly, uses such cheap componenets, and still put the Maytag label on it. The dishwasher technology has been around for a very long time, even our old KitchenAid was much better than this thing.

We did find one solution that others reading this might find helpful- don't close the soap dispenser lid. We suffered for years with dirty dishes, soap residue, and about 1/3 of the time there would be dishwasher soap left in one of the two soap cups. Now it cleans much better, although we are still left with the rest of the problems others have mentioned. By the way, we also have a Maytag refrigerator- don't even think about getting one...

May 06, 2008

We have a Quiet Series 100 and also HATE IT! It is not quiet, the handle broke (ordered a replacement online- and let me just tell you- that thing is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get back together), and the GRIT GRIT GRIT! I have taken it apart a million times- changed detergent- used drying agents, etc, etc. Was thinking about investing in a service visit, but after reading the posts- I think I will just use the money for a new (and Different Brand) washer. I think this washer was listed as a Consumer Reports Best Buy! What a nightmare!

May 12, 2008

We thought we were moving up when we were able to buy Maytag - WRONG - but being a slow learner I bought two Maytag appliances before the reality hit that crap is crap no matter what name you put on it. The food grinder in our Maytag Quiet Series 300 was made of plastic and self destructed after the first year. Now the handle is broken and needs replaced. I rinse the dishes until there is no food left on them, so I can't figure out how they come out of the diswasher dirty! The washer still works - it is only two years old, but has sounded like it is falling apart piece by piece for over a year. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MAYTAG PRODUCT!