Having problems with Rheem?

Rheem Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 621 5622 (Customer Service, Warranty & Parts)
+1 800 432 8373 (Technical Service)
+1 334 260 1500 (Division Office, Sales & Marketing)
+1 866 720 2076 (General Information)
+1 800 255 2388 (EcoNet Customer Service)
+1 479 646 4311 (Heating & Cooling Products)
+1 334 260 1500 (Water Heating Products)
+1 805 278 5300 (Pool & Spa Products)
+1 256 259 7400 (Commercial Refrigeration)
+1 336 495 6800 (Replacement Parts)
+61 296 849 100 (Australia)
+61 130 013 2950 (Australia, Pool Heating)
+64 98 290 200 (New Zealand)
+65 68 721 161 (Singapore)
+54 114 896 6000 (Argentina)
1100 Abernathy Road, N.E. Suite 1400

475 Rosebank Road, PO Box 19011, Avondale, Auckland 1007 New Zealand

Singapore
8 Pandan Crescent № 02-02, Singapore 128464

UAE
Office 2E, 407 Building 2E (East side), Dubai Airport Freezone, Dubai, 371045, UAE

Argentina
Av. del Libertador 6570 – 6o Piso, C1428ARV Buenos Aires – Argentina

Brazil
Av. Queiroz Filho, n° 1700, Sky Tower ‘A” Suite 707, Vila, Hamburguesa, CEP 05319-000 – São Paulo – SP – Brasil

Chile
Logroño 3871, Estación Central, Santiago de Chile

Mexico
Guillermo González Camarena, № 1400, Int. 201, Colonia Centro de Ciudad Santa Fe, Delegación Álvaro Obregón, C.P. 01210. México, D.F.

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Rheem Customer Service. Initial Rheem complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Rheem above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Rheem. Discuss the issues you have had with Rheem and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Rheem Complaints & Reviews

Jan 22, 2021

Rheem — Water heater

In october 2020, our water heater went bad. We had just bought it in the spring. When we were finally able to...

RheemWater Heater

Rheem Water Heater Model #XE50T09EL55U1 Serial # [protected]
Jan 5 2021 - Picked up and had it installed. Water leak around the pressure relief valve. At approximately 4:00PM called Rheem Customer Service number. They transferred me to Technical Assistance. The person there told me to tighten the pressure relief valve and to take the plastic cap off located near the cold water line and remove (cut) the foam insulation to expose the anode nut and tighten the nut. Complied with that but didn't like the fact that I had to fix their brand new product. Water now leaked around the anode nut but appeared to come from the surrounding foam. Had to turn off water supply to house to stop leaking.
Jan 6 2021- At 7:05 AM called Rheem customer service number. They once again transferred me toTechnical Assistance. Spoke to Joe. I told him that I wanted the unit replaced. He said they would send outa technician to take a look at it within 24 hours. I told him that I expected a call from a repairman within the hour. Very rudely he said "that is totally unrealistic". I am now going into day 2 without hot or cold water. He said he would put in the request. I was not happy.
Jan 6 2021 - At approx. 7:20 AM called Customer Service (Brooke) expressed my displeasure with the 24 hour response time. She let me know that there was nothing she could do and verified that I would be contacted within 24 hours. Also let me know that labor on my brand new unit wasn't covered. So, I had to make a repair to a brand new unit and I would have to pay for any labor. THIS IS EXTREMELY POOR customer service.
Jan 7 2021 - It is now 8:00AM past the 24 hour response time and still no call. THIS IS REALLY SORRY!

Rheem40 gallon hot water heater

I bought my hot water heater on [protected] from home Depot in Sevierville Tennessee first problem we had the pop-off valve kept popping off viewing water everywhere we called Rheem and I sent a new pop-off valve fix the problem now my reset button keeps popping off I called they told me to call contractors department so I did they said no contractors in Tennessee that I had to hire someone and if they didn't except responsibility for the payment that I would have to pay for and y'all would reimburse me for it this hot water heater is only 5 months old it should not be doing this I cannot pay to have a plumber come out I'm on disability to me my feelings is I should be getting a new hot water heater my name is Mildred Autry serial number a152012884 my mailing address is 4839 Old Hollow Road Kernersville North Carolina 27284 my email address is m a u t r y [protected]@gmail.com hope to hear from someone

Mar 13, 2020

Rheem — rheem hot water heater

This review is in response to a denial I received from Rheem Manufacturing Company regarding a claim I made...

Rheem Manufacturing Companymanagers issues

My case number is 1693905. I have been out of hot water for 6 days. Drained over 400 gals of water for installing parts on the water heater. Your parts manager (Mike) refuse to refund me for the part I got then I had to wait for him to sent the so called right part and it was wrong. I call this morning(11-24-19) and talked with manager Lucas to discuss returning this wrong part and his rely was to just throw it away. I asked him to speak to his boss and I was hang up on then put on hold for over 30min and never spoke to anyone. These mangers cost your company for two Gas Controls.
      Please contact me to discuss

Nov 16, 2019

Rheem Manufacturing Company — customer service

On 11/13/19, I had spoken to Joelle (ID# 267) about my water heater warranty. She clearly told me and my...

Nov 04, 2019

Rheem Manufacturing Company — rheem warranty for gas water heater

On February 27, 2018, I purchased a Rheem hot water gas heater, serial numbQ111730778, at Home Depot...

Rheem Manufacturing Companyrheem 14ajm ac unit & air handler

In 2012, it was time to replace a 31 yr old still working unit as freon was being eliminated and high electric consumption. Did all the research on the product & the installer, yet here we are 7 years later and the coil in the air handler has "numerous holes/leaks" which must have started last year as the refrigerant was totally empty in 2018. We had it filled and added a sealant but when it was time to check the unit this year 2019 - it was again down to 25% of refrigerant . Turns out the warranty is 5 years UNLESS you register your unit on line for the extra 5 yrs which THEY DO NOT TELL YOU. Nor did my licensed installer give me the paperwork to the unit for the warranty registration.

So replacing coils will cost $2300 and a total new Air Handler unit is $5400, meanwhile the entire system in 2012 cost $4800.

Forget Rheem, they don't stand behind their "supposed" 10 year warranty and will not discuss any amount of renumeration for the coil

Rheem Manufacturing Company — water heater customer service, model number xg40t09he40u0

This is more of a complaint that from a customer standpoint. My household woke up to no hot water thi...

Rheem Manufacturing Companypoor product quality and very low-grade customer support

I bought a Rheem Water heater at Home Depot in Daphne, AL two weeks ago. From the start it leaked on the cold water supply side. Technical assistance sent two nipples and contracted a plumber to replace. Even after replacement of the two nipples, the leak was still there. Reaching out again to their customer support they indicated they had no contracting companies around Mobile, and that I had to hire a plumber myself for replacement and reinstallation. Meaning I would have to pay upfront and then invoice Rheem. They are not even interested in picking up their piece of junk back to investigate further the quality escape.
          Now I am struggling to get reimbursed because these helpless and careless are asking for a proof of payment I provided them with already. THey want a proof that the check was cleared by the bank. These [censored]s are not even able to call the plumber to check if the check has been endorsed.
          Honestly, they should drop their current business for two reasons: poor product quality and very low-grade customer support.
          Don't buy their junk, you will definitely save money and time.

Rheem — hot water heater.

So lets start with, the brand new 50 gal water heater doesn't work. Good luck getting any kind of remedy from...

Rheem — rheem 13pjl60a01 cooling unit

I bought my house brand new . The Rheem A/C has been performing terribly. I paid for a second inspection a...

Rheem Canada Ltd.gas hot water tank

Hi I purchased a 40 gallon Rheem gas hot water tank at zHome Depot on May 14/18 and had it installed same day by licensed plumber/gasfitter.
            For past 10 days have smelled natural gas in varying levels throughout the house. Had the plumber back x2 to recheck where he had connected the heater and could find no leaks. Headaches and nausea continued, but I put it down to cold/flu symptoms. Then last night the plumber removed manufacturer's coverplate and discovered hairline crack through their factory installed hardware!
            Called Rheem Canada in Brampton Ontario, and they advised me there would be a "part in the mail" next week. Thought it was lax on their end to send me a "part" with my layperson's explanation of what was cracked, along with being very dissatisfied with having to wait the remainder of this week and into next for resolution especially after suffering due to THEIR DEFECT for past 10 days. Asked if they had a service person in wpg area who could perhaps more quickly repair the problem. They said they did but it was likely he wouldn't have the correct part and I would ...have to wait for next week and "part in the mail" to arrive. Still don't know if they are sending correct part or when it will arrive. As for service person????
            Can't believe their attitude. Is there something else I can do?

Rheemhot water heater

We have a hot water heater that keeps going out ...they keep having *us replace parts. There is something wrong with the unit as both elements and thermostat are out this time..after calls to a Rude manager Megan ext 333 we are waiting on more parts...also the customer service rep told me that no chance of it shorting out causing a fire!! I sure hope she is correct. The unit had a problem that they will not admit.gonna limp it till warranty no longer any good!!!

Rheem — rheem 5 ton r 410a unit

Our AC unit has been serviced annually after installing this Rheem unit in 2011. In the last seven years we...

Rheemunethical behavior and poor customer service

On 2-6-18 I called the Rheem warranty line to follow up on a heating element that I was supposed to receive 1-2 days prior. After the first representative took my serial and model numbers I was transferred to another customer service representative named " Saro". He came on the line and said " you have been transferred to me. Please hold." He put me on hold and when he came back he asked me why I was calling. I mentioned that I ordered a heating element for my Rheem water heater as it was covered under warranty and on 2-2-18 and that representative stated that I would receive it in 1-2 days. It has been 3 days and I was calling to let them know that I hadn't received it and the water is coming out luke warm then cold. I asked that they send me one overnight as I needed it right away. He yawned loud and quite long then paused then sighed loudly. I asked him if I was keeping him up. He said "life is keeping me up!" He then told me that on the FED/Ex website it shows that the package should be delivered at 10:30 this morning and if it doesn't arrive then I should call back and they will send one out overnight.

He was extremely rude and I hope that Rheem will address this very poor customer service representative as their own staff is hurting their industry.

I also hope that the part that I need comes today. It should have been sent out overnight to begin with. Not having hot water is unsanitary.

Rheemwarranty not honored

AC compressor warranty not honored. As I purchased the home in 2014 and the AC unit was installed in 2010. I was informed all warranties will be inherited as part of the purchase.

I am an active duty reservist and preparing for deployment. Please let me know if you can assist as money right now is tight.

I have served my country in two phases. First phase from [protected]. I retired and was activated again in 2016 .

Please assist in this matter as .

MSG Diaz

Rheemtherm air conditioner

Now this is the second time in a four year period the coil unit is being replaced and you will not pay for labor to replace it???? That is totally unacceptable!!! Stand behind your product!!! Last year it was the compressor on the same unit and it wasn't under warranty because the sorry company that put it in didn't register it!!! Please pay the labor charge on the coil so I can give you a good report!!!

Rheemrheem tankless water softener

Tankless water softener installed in March 2012. Gas control valve went out. Called Rheem and was told the warranty expired 4 months ago. David in the escalated tech dept was extremely rude and admitted they rarely go out but they are not at all flexible with warranty issues. Our plumber told us the gas control valve should not fail after five years. Will never buy a Rheem product again..

RheemHeat Pump Mod# 13PA42AO1757

Unit installed as new unit June 2014. First repair in Aug 2014 to replace Freon from unknown leak. Next repair for a defective fill valve on 9/8/2015 finally another repair this year on 1/6/16 and 1/18/2016 to repair a defective service valve.. The actual body of the valve had cracked. While the labor was covered or reduced the cost of Freon replacement has almost equaled half of the units purchase price. Contacted Rheem via web site but as expected no reply to date.