Maytagmaytag centennial washer

S Review updated:

I recently purchased a new maytag centennial washer and dryer, this is, by far, the worst washing machine i have ever owned. The only difference in the clothes from when they go in until they comne out is that they are wet, not clean, just wet! This washer is 6 weeks old. Today i took my clothes to a laundromat just to be sure it wasn't my imagination, and for the first time in 6 weeks my clothes are clean! Little stains that my previous, 10 year old, washer got out easily do not even fade in this washer, even when stain treated. It also chooses the amount of water necessary for that load. It is barely enough to get the clothes wet! I have to stand there and keep opening the top so that it will add more water. I hate this thing. Do not buy it if you are looking for good value for your hard earned money.

• L
      Aug 22, 2007
    Maytag - French door fridge!

The fridge stopped cooling at just two years old. We spent a total of an hour and half on hold with Maytag trying to get parts but no one answered. We finally purchased the parts from another distributor. We replaced the control panel and it worked for all of 2 hours. For 2800 I would expect the fridge to last longer than 2 years. Oh and the water line continually freezes up!

Very poor quality product!

Sep 28, 2007

My Ice 2 /o is about 15 mos. old to date I have had 3 parts replaced. Now they have to come back Tues. because the water dispenser is STILL leaking. Not dripping, LEAKING!! They replaced same part last Wed. Meanwhile my life is on hold waiting to see what is going to go next. Maytag SUCKS!! I have already had to stay home 6 times and wait for the repairman to come. Tues. will be the 7th. And I don't know what part they need, but I'll just bet he doesn't have it with him and I'll wait yet again! Thank God, I don't apartently have a life!! This was a costly POS! Doesn't seem like Maytag really gives a crap about the consumers!!! NEVER again will I buy Maytag or Whirlpool!!

•   Apr 10, 2008
    Maytag - Maytag washing machine bad quality
    www.maytag.com

Maytag washer less than 1 year old has been fixed three times all related to drum bearings and braking system.

• C
      Apr 10, 2008
    Maytag - Piece of junk!
    2 Kroghs Lane
    Sparta
    New Jersey
    Phone: [protected]

B9ught this lemon just a little over a year ago. Flashing lights on panel board. Ice flap works all by itself, non-stop. No ice, no water, no service, no repairman, absolutely no help from Maytag. Paid just near $3, 000.00 for this wonderful appliance. DO NOT purchase MAYTAG.

• H
      Apr 27, 2008
    Maytag - Internet price
    H. William Winston
    14600 Glen Eden Drive
    Naples
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

My renewal bill was for $85 +$5.10 tax for a total of $90.10. I chose your offer to pay at your website where I was charged $90.10 + $5.41 tax for a total of $95.51.
    Please reduce the total price to $90.10.

Bill Winston

Order #5411966

May 15, 2008
    Maytag - Terrible quality product!
    Maytag

We have had our refrigerator for about a year and half and now we are facing the same problems so many of you out there are having. Ice door flapping and all lights flashing on and off. This really bites when you spend good money and maytag refuses to do a recall on a very faulty piece.

Jun 30, 2008

I have a 10 year old Maytag dishwasher that quit working. I called the appliance repair person who replaced wires inside the machine that had melted together, He said that it had been originally wired incorrectly and he sees this often. Most people just go buy a new dishwasher. I paid approx $110 for a repair. I think this is a planned obsolescence. That is a fraudulent business practice.

Aug 26, 2008

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS ON DIFF WEBSITES ABT. MAYTAG . WHY DID I NOT DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE I BOUGHT THE WASHER. IN MY HASTE TO SPITE SEARS WHI I HAD WORKED FOR 33 YEARS I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE AMYTAG. NOT TWO YEARS OLD AND ALREADY IS TROUBLE. GUESS WHAT PEOPLE THEY USE A&E SERVICE &REPAIR. THEY ARE SEARS!!! I WOULD NOT LET SEARS TOUCH ANYTHING I HAVE. I WORKED FOR SERVICE FOR 13 YEARS. I KNOW OF WHAT I SPEAK. THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE AND HAVE NUMEROUS PARTS DELAYS. MY FIRST WASHER A GE LASTED 20 YEARS, THE SECOND A KENMORE LASTED 15 YEARS, THE THIRD A KENMORE LASTED THE FOURTH A KENMORE LASTED 10 YEARS. NOW THIS MAYTAG IS LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD.
    IT STANDS TO REASON, NO ONE IS BUILDING A MACHINE THAT LASTS AS LONG AS THEY USE TO, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I WAS SO BRAINWASHED BY THE MAYTAG COMMERCIALS THAT WHEN I DECIDED TO SWITCH BRANDS I PROBABLY MADE THE WORST CHOICE OF ALL. NEVER AGAIN.
    FROM THE THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS I SEE ON THE WEB, I AM NOT ALONE.

• G
      Sep 05, 2008
    Maytag - Scam and cheating
    www.maytag.com

I have a Maytag Gas Range Model # MGRH752BDG. Code 27450 It is nearly impossible to keep clean. SOS pads are necessary to scrub the top and burner service. It needs cast iron grates. I have tried to purchase these but they are not available. Design is very poor.

Sep 11, 2008
    Maytag - Clothe dryer
    Home Depot/ Maytag
    94 Oak Ridge Dr.
    Orangeville
    Canada
    Phone: [protected]

Just over four years ago we purchased a Maytag clothe dryer from Home Depot. Since then we had the Maytag repairman in to fix the dryer at a cost of $84. How can governments allow garbage like this to be sold in Canada or the U.S.? I will never by any Maytag product again.

Also, the service at every Home Depot I have visited is abysmal.

•   Oct 17, 2008
    Maytag - Product failure
    Maytag

My refrigerator is stainless stell (or rather should be). it has rust streaks all over the front doors. maytag representative told me to have a technician come over to determine if it is defective or environmental. if it is defective, then they would replace the doors. the technician determined it was defective, called maytag and they said too bad, they are not replacing the doors.

Mar 19, 2009
    Maytag - Refrigerater Fire
    James Brochtrup
    1302 Kellner St
    Manitowoc
    Wisconsin
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Refg. started on fire June 1st 2006. Paid $109 to get it fixed. At the time tried to get Maytag to reinburse me but they would not.
    Now they have a recall and replaced the same exact part on the recall fix and still will not pay for the fire fix. Sincerly J Brochtrup

Apr 17, 2009
    Maytag - Sometimer dishwasher
    9802 Trumpet
    Houston
    Texas
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Maytag dishwasher model # MDB7100AWB, serial # 27402314AE only works occassionaly. Repair technician came to house Thursday and states there is a need to replace control panel and face plate at a cost that we could use to buy a new one. What has happen to reliability of maytag products. Not complaining for we have gotten good service but when you need it the most and does not work. Thanks

May 19, 2009
    Maytag - Blinking Lights Flapping
    Memphis

Same as SO many complaints here. Flashing lights on the control panel...dispenser flapping...ice maker not strong enough to break ice. I have 45 days left on warranty. I HOPE I can get this resolved. Has ANYONE gotten this fixed? THANKS!

• V
      Jun 26, 2009

I agree, the Home Depot service is just a horrible. I bought a washing machine, Maytag, from them on clearance under the impression it was in good working order. It was not. I specifically asked if the washer worked and why it was on clearance and I was told because they just wanted to get it off the floor. Well, when it arrived in my home it did not work!!! not even once. I have had to deal with Maytag directly because Home Depot washed their hands of this... Maytag is antoher nightmare!!!

Aug 18, 2009
    Maytag - Worthless Maytag

I have The Maytag Quiet Series 300, and it is the absolute worse dishwasher I have ever seen. The control panel went out just after the warranty expired, I called the company, requesting they send me a replacement part, they refused however they offered a 10% off coupon for another Maytag appliance. 10% off another piece of crap, I'll pass. My family and I have decided to never purchase Maytag again, or any affiliate of Maytag.

• O
      Sep 18, 2009
    Maytag - freezer on bootom refrigerator
    Saint Charles
    Missouri

3 year old maytag refrigerator has a bad defrost part for the freezer. Ice builds up on the back of the freezer and the frig stops cooling. Clearly a defective product. I have read this in many places now. Too late for us but new buyers beware!

Oct 05, 2009
    Maytag - Leaking diswasher
    Maytag

After 2-1/2 months, dishwasher started to leak from bottom right. Seven service calls later (and 35 waiting hours, 25 phone calls) and we are going to have to replace it. Maytag will not reimburse us for the cost of installing a new dishwasher. NEVER buy a Maytag appliance.

• Z
      Oct 05, 2009

We also bought a new Whirlpool diswasher early-mid 2008. With all new dishwasher sales, there used to be a part that was included (I think it is the water intake valve). From what I understand, ALL the newer dishwashers being sold - no longer come with this part. From what I understand, it is a part that you can purchased at your local Menards etc... I think it is wrong not to include a major part that makes the dishwasher operate correctly.

Oct 07, 2009

My Maytag dishwasher was a piece of junk from Day #1! I purchased the model with three racks. During the first month the plastic parts designed to support the upright dishes fell off...but the end of the first year I had a collection of more than 10 pieces that had fallen off. My husband had to use plastic ties to try to hold them in place. Then the wheels supporting the middle rack broke...should have cost $3 for a wheel but Maytag doesn't sell them that way...wanted $130 to replace the entire rack. Again my husband jury-rigged the rack so that it would work by using parts out of a toilet! I always thought Maytag was a top-notch company, but no more...never again...Maytag is gone from my appliance choice list forever!

Oct 21, 2009
    Maytag - poor quality
    4404 TRavis Country CR #E2
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

This is the second high end Maytag appliance I have that has had the computerized control panel go out within 3-4 years. This part is not cheap and shouldn't have gone out this soon (of course it's not covered by any warranty). My Maytag Performa Gas Range is still not working because the repairman can't find a working control panel (he has tried 3 so far)!
    I'm going back to purchasing appliances with dials only!

Oct 27, 2009

This is a follow up to my complaint. Whirlpool/Maytag actually pays attention to these and contacted me!! I am now happy to say that the service I received is EXCELLENT and if I find a way to delete my original post I will.
    Janlee

• R
      Dec 01, 2009
    Maytag - Does not back their products
    maytag.com

We purchased a Maytag refrigerator in 2000. Since that time we have had nothing but problems with the machine due to the freezing unit. While under warranty their answer was always it is repairable. Now that it is out of warranty it is our problem as they would not replace the unit as we requested. Due to this machine we lost our homeowner insurance.

MAYTAG DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCTS!

• H
      Dec 24, 2009
    Maytag - They suck
    maytag.com

I remodeled my whole home with maytag appliances in 2002. They all suck!! I have had nothing but problems with all of them (washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, microwave and Oven.)

I would not recommend them.

Jan 14, 2010
    Maytag - Terrible company
    maytag.com

What a Lemon. Purchased it and 4 months the compressor went out. Took 2 weeks to get fixed. Then 3 months after getting that if fixed it quite working again. Maytag consumer service rep are rude and do not intend on ever replacing the product or giving you money back. What a waste of $650 plus all the food that was spoiled over $1500 worth. I am going to write and tell everyone I know what a terrible company they are to deal with.

Jan 23, 2010
    Maytag - Maytag Quiet Series 300
    California

I bought the Maytag Quiet Series 300 about a year ago and it wouldnt clean any dishes except when i pushed all the buttons for the heated dry, sanatize, rinse, etc... then i finally got the dishes clean, 2 HOURS LATER!! It is pretty loud when it is running. I will never buy maytag again!

Feb 05, 2010
    Maytag - overheating/malfunction
    Maytag (sold at Lowes)
    Kentucky

Relay switch on side by side Maytag performa refrigerator, model PSD262LHEZ, ser# 50067825GG is malfunctioning causing the compressor to become to hot to touch. The unit unthaws and refreezes and now has stopped working. Maytag has a recall on same year and type of unit, however they tell me my unit s not covered.

• T
      Mar 08, 2010
    Maytag - parts
    Minnesota

Maytag in its infinite wisdom has trippled the cost of the control pad in the last 3 years. Probably since they burn out so easily. I have had to replace mine twice in 3 years. Now they have eliminated the 4 dollar door latch and you have to buy the whole latch assembly and electronics, for 28 dollars. They have also redused the warranty from 1 year on parts to 90 days so the parts dealer tells me. Do not buy this junk, please.

• L
      Jun 14, 2010

We have a similar machine that broke down 6 weeks after purchse. We are totally disgusted.

Sep 09, 2010
    Maytag - Lost my money
    Maytag

I spent $600.00 for a Maytag Dishwasher Two& Half years ago. They are recalling it and offering in home repairs or a $150.00 or a $250.00 credit toward a new Maytag dishwasher. The diahwasher I have has not done a good job from day one so I don't want it repaired! $150.00 would only cover the instalation of a new dishwasher. My thinking is this! I loose $450.00 no matter what, because I choose Maytag.

• P
      Sep 27, 2010
    Maytag - 3 year old Refrigerator dying
    Patty Haag
    Bloomingdale
    New Jersey
    Phone: [protected]

My husband and I bought a Maytag stainless steel refrigerator with the bottom drawer freezer. Not even three years old and it died!!! Maytag has some nerve taunting themselves as dependable!!! I will NEVER again purchase any type of Maytag appliance again and will do everything I can to let the public know that they are wasting their money with Maytag.

Maytag - Dishwasher
    Canada

Just dont buy Meytag. it doesn't worth it. dishwasher was defect, they sent a recall. service is a disaster/ try to talk to the supervisor Reggy ID 3761 - the worst service ever. she represents a terrible product with a terrible service.

Feb 15, 2011

I have all the same problems with my Maytag 300 series dishwasher as all of you have complained about. Has anyone gotten any help or replacement from Maytag? This model was highly recommended to me. I could have purchased any other brand as I was not in a specific price bracket. So sorry I ever purchased a Maytag!

Feb 15, 2011

Yes. this is so disappointing. they had a recall because of a damaged defects in many of their models, while trying to fix this damages, they damaged another part. they try to convince you to buy a new one, but don't be tempted to do that. you just don't want to have any of their products, when you try to call the service it sounds as if they read their answers from a paper. like the supervisor i was talking to Reggy. you think someone in her position is capable to have her own ideas, but it is probably just a myth. the answer is always no! if you need a service, even if the defect is from their end, they want to charge you for that. poor and miserable company. there are many good dishwashers. i had Mile, and this was my best dishwasher. i will sure buy one like that.

Mar 04, 2011

Great Updates! I was contacted by Maytag, first by Jennifer and then by Stephenie, both of them helped us to resolve this problem. they sent a technician and he simply raised the bottom basket to enable the bottom spray to work properly. we are very happy about that. how can one person sabotage a good reputation of such a distinct company. don't let those person fool you. try to find those who are sincere like we did, finding Jennifer and Stephenie. We feel that we have gained our trust again toward Maytag.
    Thanks Jennifer and Stephenie!
    Sigal

Mar 21, 2011

We purchased the same pair and have the same low water problem and clothes that aren't clean . One of the machines also likes to shrink clothes that have previously been laundered. Just another American company making crap outside the USA and selling it here.

Mar 26, 2011

I also have the misfortune of owning a Maytag Centennial Washer. After two and a half months of service it decided to stop filling with water. I called for a warranty service, the repairman came, checked it over and replaced the water sensor in the panel. I washed 1/2 dozen or so loads and what do you know? The washer did not want to fill up anymore. I called for a second warranty repair (this was the same week!). The repairman came, went over the machine carefully, tested parts, connections, wiring and such, replaced the same water sensor. The machine worked again for a grand total of 4 loads this time before the same problem recurred. Now the one year warranty states that after the completion of three service calls they will either refund or replace a defective machine if the calls are for the same recurring problem. It took them almost three weeks to send another repairman, who looked the machine over, did everything the other repairmen had done, replaced the SAME sensor and left. ONE LOAD later, I called him back and told him the washer would not fill, same problem, same recurrence. Then I also called Maytag's customer service line and said ok, this is what is happening. They called the repairman, had him return to my home, call in to their repair people, checked this, checked that, pulled the housing off the machine and went over the parts inside, put it back together and the best they could say was that my washer and stove were plugged into the same heavy duty surge protected outlet. (?) The upshot is my GAS stove is NOT electronic and the only power it pulls goes to the clock. When my electrician stopped laughing he placed a call to Maytag only to be told he was not "authorized" to give an opinion on the matter. Still fighting with them. This is my first maytag and will probably be my last. Good Luck.

• A
      Apr 04, 2011

Well, here's our experience: We have a 400 series -- serious piece of crap! First they have no trouble-shooting department -- then no one knows anything about anything -- then they dispense a repair guy @ $100 just to show up and say that he can't figure out what's wrong with it; then, if we slam it a few times, the washer will work. DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER buy one of these crappy pieces. And it complements the crappy fridge that we have to match -- the door handle fell off and no one can tell me how to fix it. But they will call a service rep @ $100 to fix it. AND it goes with the crappy front-loader washing machine that we have that is built with a cheap plastic door that cracked two days after the warranty expired -- and it would cost $100 for the guy to come and fix that too. REALLY??? Maytag -- you are the last resort for any future purchases. It looks as though I will have to replace my entire kitchen (even the stove door hinge is now broken) and no one knows how to fix that either -- another $100 plus parts? REALLY? Go blow, Maytag.

• I bought a Maytag Centennial Washer less than a month ago. It did TWO LOADS before it would not function as a washing machine, just a noisy nuisance. I tried to return it to Home Depot but they would not take it back, saying they'd just have a broken machine. I called Maytag and they arranged for a repair man to come out. He arrived here today in his Jaguar (I couldn't make this stuff up) and told me, "What do you expect. It's made in China. " He said that the computer board needed to be replaced as well as the lid lock. Once these parts arrive in about a week, he said he would then be able to diagnose any other problems the machine might have. I asked him if there was a new washer I could buy that didn't use a computer board but that was dependable. He told me to get a Speed Queen. Wish I had known that before I threw my money away on this piece of crap!

Aug 16, 2011

In 10 days I have had 2 Centennial washers, both with the same problem. The noise and no agitation with the first. The second had the same horrible noise and washed my clothes for l hour and 30 minutes before rinsing. This machine is garbage and hopefully will return this one and get a much better machine (not a Maytag).