Having problems with Hirsch's?

Hirsch's Customer Service Contacts

+27 315 824 800 (Web Enquiries)
+27 100 013 599 (JHB Service Centre)
1211 Umgeni Rd, Stamford Hill
Durban
South Africa - 4062

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hirsch's Customer Service. Initial Hirsch's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hirsch's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hirsch's. Discuss the issues you have had with Hirsch's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hirsch's Complaints & Reviews

Hirsch'sdisgusting service from Hirsch strubens valley

Invoice no. 7250131/ job card no. 239934. Name: Nisha Behairylall

I am sitting with an expensive samsung tv thinking that this was the best brand on the market and not after just over a year the tv does not have any picture and is still under warranty. i phoned Hirsch Strubens valley and lodged the problem with Jodan on the 27/01/2021 and have not received any feedback either from Samsung or Hirsch to date. I have called Jodan several time and twice on the 01/02/2021 but he cannot give me any feedback as he is waiting for a response from Samsung. I left a message for the manager at reception whom i believe is by the name of Keshan but my call was not returned. is this service i need to get with a tv which i have paid over R 30 000.00 for. disgusting. most definitely my husband received a call from samsung requesting for a survey on their service when my tv has not been attended to.

Hirsch'sWashing machine

I purchased a washing machine as a gift and when it was delivered the box was in a bad condition torn opened tampered with the connection were not inside pathetic it was a gift look how disgusting condition this machine came in its so embarrassing and to see the connections the pipes are missing I want this machine to be collected and replaced with a new one or I want my money as it was delivered today!!!

Washing machine

Hirsch'sManager of the store

I went into Hirsch's Hazeldean Pretoria today. My fridge/freezer is broke and they told me to come in and pick another fridge. The lady that phoned me was Tanya and a lovely lady. I got there this morning and the security would not let me in because I had one of the see-thru masks on with cover my nose and mouth right down to my chin. I have been wearing this mask for weeks in Menlyn, Woolworths, Pick N Pay, Makro and Spar and never have they stopped me going in the Store. The security called the manager over and he also would not let me in. I explained to him I only have one lung and have cancer so with the cloth masks I cant breath. Lesson learnt today don't go in Hirsch's again

Hirsch'sTV

I ordered a Hisense TV on line with the website showing it was in stock at Gateway, as I live closeby, I decided to collect it the next morning.
        When I arrived, I was told that that there was no stock, or that any of the Hirsch's branches.How can an item be listed as "ex-stock" when it is not so?
        I am duly going to cancel the order and buy it from Makro.I will go and demand a refund this morning!

Hirsch'sElba 60 cm hob

I purchased an Elba 60 cm hob from Hirsch Hillcrest on the 21 November. I had it installed on the 10 December 2020 by a qualified electrician. Two of the 4 plates were not working. I called Hirsch and they said a technician would be sent out within 72 hours. I waited 3 days and no one attended to the faulty apparatus. On Thursday, 17 December I contacted Hirsch again and the technician came out on Friday only to report that it was a faulty unit and had to order parts for repair. I contacted Hirsch again and informed them I was not happy with a repair because I purchased a new item. I was told to wait because paper work and request numbers had to be done. After speaking to the assistant manager, she instructed the sales person to replace the faulty unit immediately. I collected another unit on the 19 December and after installation the problem still exists now. So now I have to follow the same procedure of waiting until a technician arrives. I asked the sales lady to check if the units were from the same batch and she cannot do that. They cannot check if the other branches have a different batch neither can she check if the unit is working before we take delivery. Service from Hirsch is extremely pathetic and very disappointed in the quality of the merchandise that is being sold. There is no sense of urgency to resolve matters.

Dec 13, 2020

Hirsch's — Samsung fridge

HIUGE MISTAKE-I SHOPPED AT Hirsch's Samsung store in Gateway, Umhlanga. In nov I purchased a samsung...

Nov 25, 2020

Hirsch's — Very poor customer service

I have purchased all my large appliance for my home from hirsch. The reason for this was that they use to...

HirschPoor product quality and consistent problems

About two years ago I purchased a new Defy Oven and Hob (Gemeni Petit Thermo fan...) from Hirsch. Since installation we had problems and poor performance from the Defy Units.

1. The Hob plates are getting red hot after a few minutes of usage and likewise the entire Hob unit and not to mention the counter. It is a total frustration to operate like this.
            2. The Oven glass door busted in pieces and the oven door does not seal properly. Again a major to use the oven for baking.

Will appreciate if you could send somebody with great knowledge and skills to evaluate this mess. If it cannot be fixed or done let me know in order to purchase new LG or any other product.

Appreciate your assistance and support and I can be contacted on my cell at [protected]

Kind regards
            Jacolien Botha

Oct 04, 2020

Hirsch's — Extremely poor customer service, poor attitude and concern from selected staff

On 3rd October, honed and reserved last 195l Defy freezer at Hirsch Hillcrest which was initially R200 more...

Durban
              Aug 11, 2020

Hirsch's — Bad advice & terrible customer service from hirsch's

Dear Sir, I was not told by the manager of Hirsch in Milnerton Cape Town branch that my dryer function doe...

Hirsch'sRussell Hobbs

I Bought a Russell Hobbs Kettle. Still under guarantee it broke.
              Took it back to Hirsch's for repairs on the 25/06/2020
              job number 574449. Every time i phone, i never get an answer, only
              they still busy with repairs and will get back to me, which never happens.
              In the meantime i was forced to buy another kettle.
              Repairs was suppose to take 2 weeks, as per Hirsch's. Very disappointed.

[protected]@paintcor.co.za

Jun 24, 2020

Hirsch's — Extended warranty claim on whirlpool washing machine. Job number 570867.

I contacted HIRSCHs Carnival on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 to report the WHIRLPOOL washing machine, showing an E-27...

Jun 06, 2020

Hirsch's — Extended warranty claim for whirlpool dishwasher.

From: Johannes Pretorius (Springs - PMR) Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:34 PM To: [protected]@hirschs.co.za ;...

Feb 12, 2020

Hirsch's — double bed

Good day I vuyokazi esmi nomana I lodge complain regarding my double bed I buy in Milnerton branch... The...

Dec 12, 2019

Hirsch's — hisense front loader washing machine

I have purchased a washing machine this year, it is Still under warranty. A month ago I noticed that is doe...

Hirsch'shirsch's - "it takes months to find a customer though seconds to lose one"

Bought a microwave & a deep freezer from you guys in the last 3 months, no issues, this time I looked to you guys to by a TV and then everything goes downhill. From a pitch of we can "price match" to sorry cant help you - Truly Pathetic. Oh and you guys can refund my payment which is in excess of R15000.00 that take 3+ days to reflect in my account meaning that I LOST OUT on the same TV at a far cheaper price from a competitor. When I was shopping around many sales people from different stores mentioned to me that your prices are inflated to compensate for the so called "discount" making it a barging to shop with yourselves - if only I had listened from the onset & took my business elsewhere. Mr Alan Hirsch, I truly hope that this matter lands on your table - It takes months to find a customer though seconds to lose one.

Nov 28, 2019

Hirsch's — smeg oven and poor customer service

The handle of my Smeg oven snapped 9 November 2019. Contacted Hirsch's whom initially felt that the...

Oct 29, 2019

Hirsch's — defy top loader washing machine

I bought a top range Defy top loader in December 2018. I have had endless trouble with it. Now it has been 3...

Aug 16, 2019

Hirsch's — whirlpool 12kg washing machine

Hi, I bought a whirlpool 12kg Front Loader Washing Machine at Hirsch's Centurion (Gateway) on the 15th...

Hirsch's Boksburg K90 — 55" samsung uhd led tv

Dear Customer Services I am writing to you to raise an issue about:Electrical Products The issue that I...