Complaints & Reviews

Extended warranty claim on whirlpool washing machine. Job number 570867.

I contacted HIRSCHs Carnival on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 to report the WHIRLPOOL washing machine, showing an E-27 error accompanied by the illuminated service light and received an SMS, quoting Job Number 175133 for this appliance.

On 22 May 2020, I received a phone call from the Whirlpool Service Agents, Appliance365, informing me that Nkosi Sibanda will be visiting me later on the same day, to attend to the problem.

Nkosi checked the E-27 error on the washing machine and reported that it may be a suspected electrical motor problem.

He promised to send all details of his assessment through to Lisa and Kuhle at HIRSCHs Strubensvalley, for authorization to proceed with the repair.

I phoned Nkosi again on 26 May 2020 to check on progress with the repair-authorization on the washing machine. Nkosi confirmed that he emailed Lisa, to give feedback on both appliances, but received no authorization to proceed with the repair as yet.

I then phoned HIRSCHs Strubensvalley ( 26 May 2020 ) to follow up on the requested repair on my washing machine.

Charlene assisted me with my query and spoke to Kuhle, to check whether he received any feedback from Nkosi Sibanda.

Kuhle responded that he did not receive any email from Nkosi and could not trace Job Number 175133, logged at HIRSCHs Carnival.

Charlene then assisted me to rebook the washing machine at Strubensvalley : Job Number 570867.

Kuhle promised to email Nkosi directly to trace the feedback on his assessment of my washing machine, done on 22 May 2020.

I emailed Kuhle and Lisa at Strubensvalley on 06 June 2020, after lodging an official complaint on 30 May 2020 for poor service regarding this warranty claim :

Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:34 PM
To: [protected]@hirschs.co.za ; [protected]@hirschs.co.za ; lisa.[protected]@hirschs.co.za
Cc: [protected]@hirschs.co.za ; Appliance 365 ; Dawn Pretorius
Subject: Re: Job Number: 570867 on Extended Maintenance Contract 181691 : J. M. Pretorius.

Good afternoon,

This is now one week later and all I have is the promise from Kuhle that the new motor for my washing machine is on order, with a ten day lead time from Monday, 01 June 2020. Nkosi already completed evaluating both the Washing Machine and Dishwasher on 22 May 2020.

Kuhle responded later that afternoon :

From: kuhle Ngubne
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 2:30 PM
To: Johannes Pretorius (Springs - PMR)
Cc: [protected]@hirschs.co.za ; Appliance 365 ; Dawn Pretorius ; Lallie Maharaj ; Kayla Swartz

Good Day Sir

I do apologize for the experience you had to endure with us .

We do not keep spares in stock, as we order per customer jobs .
Please note that the technician will be calling out on Monday to complete the repair on your machine .

The technician did advise that spares was ordered eta on the spare was 2 weeks, but we managed to get the part required in earlier then expected .

The tech will definitely be calling out on Monday. He will be able to confirm time in he morning .

Thanks

On Monday, 08 June 2020, Kuhle again sent an email to Nkosi Sibanda, asking him when he will be calling-out to Mr Pretorius.

NOTHING HAPPENED - I was left hanging for the whole week again.

On Saturday, 13 June 2020, I phoned Neren at Hirsch's Meadowdale to ask for advice on this issue, considering that he was able to resolve the issue with replacement of my WHIRLPOOL Dishwasher on 10 June 2020.

He put me through to Fiona, who promised to follow up on this case and revert back to me. She traced my first complaint regarding the Whirlpool Dishwasher, now resolved, and phoned me to come through to the store on Saturday, 20 June 2020, for the replacement washing machine.

My wife and I were both very excited that this matter will finally be resolved, only to find out from Chrissie Nortman, Branch Manageress at Hirsch's Meadowdale that Head Office in KZN decided to repair my washing machine now, four weeks after the matter was first reported to them.

I received an SMS message on Tuesday, 23 June 2020, informing me that Hirsch's now have the part on order with the supplier and will advise when the parts come in and arrange for the technician to call out.

This once again proves that there is a systemic problem regarding extended warranty claims and a disconnect between the after-sales service team at Hirsch's and the technicians at Appliance 365.

This level of poor service forced me to Plan-B :

Buy a new AEG Washing Machine, promptly delivered on 10 June 2020.

Hirsch's has an excellent sales team with a wide product range, but whoever is in charge of after sales service and support sadly lets the team down and should be taken to task for failure to meet customer expectations.

Head Office needs to wake up and decisively deal with this problem before alienating loyal customers, who supported them for many years.

24 June 2020

Extended warranty claim for whirlpool dishwasher.

Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 12:34 PM
Cc: [protected]@hirschs.co.za ; Appliance 365 ; Dawn Pretorius
Subject: Re: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 & 570867 on Extended Maintenance Contract 181691 : J. M. Pretorius.

Good afternoon,

On 26 May 2020 the Dishwasher again failed ( third instance ) with the same F-6 / E-1 error, first reported at the end of November 2019.

To add insult to injury, to date no response from Kershen Govender, listed as Strubensvalley Branch Manager on the HIRSCH's website.

Based on the above, I now conclude that there seems to be no urgency in honoring the terms of the extended warranty contract.

This leaves me with no other option that to seek legal advice, in an attempt to get HIRSCH's to improve their level of after-sales service and support.

Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 1:58 PM
To: [protected]@hirschs.co.za ; [protected]@hirschs.co.za
Cc: [protected]@hirschs.co.za ; Appliance 365 ; Dawn Pretorius
Subject: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 & 570867 on Extended Maintenance Contract 181691 : J. M. Pretorius.

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I hereby wish to lodge an official complaint for extremely poor after-sales service and support with relation to the above mentioned Job Numbers for appliances,
covered under the Extended Maintenance Contract 181691 - J. M. Pretorius.

Below I am attaching all correspondence, related to this matter, for your urgent attention :

Sent: 11 February 2020 11:06 AM
To: [protected]@hirschs.co.za
Cc: Dawn Pretorius
Subject: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 J. M. Pretorius.

Good morning,

I bought a WHIRLPOOL Dishwasher, ADP7570IX, on 14 June 2015 and also took the 5-Year maintenance contract, number 181691, as additional cover for this machine.

I contacted HIRSCH Service Centre at the end of November 2019, reporting a suspected spray-water-pump failure, giving an F6-E1 error on this particular machine.

The technician visited me at the start of December 2019 and informed me that he would have to order a replacement pump for this machine.

At the start of January 2020, I again contacted HIRSCH Service Centre to enquire about progress with sourcing of this replacement water pump.

I was informed that this job has been closed. I again reported that the dish washer was faulty and informed them that I am still waiting for the replacement pump.

The technician visited me the following Saturday and attempted to fit the supplied replacement part, only to discover that the electrical connection points were incompatible.

The technician removed the pump, to be taken back to HIRSCH Service Centre as sample, and promised to have the correct part delivered and installed before the end of January 2020.

I requested that he must phone me when visiting, to be present to witness pump installation and machine testing, to ensure that the dish washer is in good working order.

Upon arrival at home, after work on 10 February 2020, I was informed that the HIRSCH technicians came through to repair the dish washer in question.

My wife and I were very excited to finally have an operational dish washer and proceeded to test the repaired unit later that evening, only to find the same F6-E1 error again.

My patience has run out now - After having spent R 40 000-00 on Whirlpool appliances, this level of after sales service is simply unacceptable.

I do have appreciation for the fact that Whirlpool now falls within the K.I.C. stable, but my maintenance contract is still valid and binding.

Considering the fact that my current dishwasher now seems to be irreparable, Maintenance Contract 181691 general conditions : Point 7.8 now comes into play.

Please arrange for the following at your earliest convenience :

1. Collection of the irreparable WHIRLPOOL dishwasher from my premises.

2. Delivery of a new replacement dishwasher, according to Point 7.8.

3. HIRSCH Banking Details for E.F.T. payment of the agreed replacement cost.

I have 13 and 14 February 2020 available in my diary to supervise and pay for the above.

Please action.

________________________________________
From: Charlene
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:53 AM
To: Johannes Pretorius (Springs - PMR)
Subject: Read: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 J. M. Pretorius.

Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 8:59 AM
To: [protected]@hirschs.co.za
Cc: 'johannes.[protected]@live.com'
Subject: FW: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 J. M. Pretorius.

Good morning,

My Whirlpool Dishwasher, ADP7570IX, currently still on maintenance contract number 181691, again failed with the same E-1 error, as described in the email above.

This unit was repaired on 17 February 2020 and five weeks later I am again in the unenviable position to assume dish washing duties myself, right at the start of lock-down.

Please arrange for the following at your earliest convenience :

Collection of the irreparable WHIRLPOOL dishwasher from my premises.
Delivery of a new replacement dishwasher, according to Point 7.8.
HIRSCHs Banking Details for E.F.T. payment of the agreed replacement cost.

________________________________________
From: Charlene
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:38 AM
To: Johannes Pretorius (Springs - PMR)
Subject: Read: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 J. M. Pretorius.

From: Lisa
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 3:57 PM
To: Johannes Pretorius (Springs - PMR) ; 'Lallie' ; Rashika Chetty ; Charlene ; [protected]@hirschs.co.za ; Appliance 365
Cc: 'johannes.[protected]@live.com'
Subject: Re: FW: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 J. M. Pretorius.

CAUTION: External E-mail

Hi Lallie

Please see below complaint.

Nkosi calling out today.

Please advise.

Lock-Down for COVID - 19 then shut everything down...

From: Johannes Pretorius
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 12:24 PM
To: Lisa ; [protected]@hirschs.co.za
Cc: Johannes Pretorius (Springs - PMR)
Subject: Re: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 J. M. Pretorius.

CAUTION: External E-mail

Good afternoon,

I am following up on my query, dated 26 March 2020 and want to find out whether the Lock-down restrictions under Level 4 would allow you to resolve my query at this point.

Cell [protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As fate would have it, on the same evening of the email above, 18 May 2020, my washing machine joined the dishwasher on the out-of-order list, displaying an E-27 error with the Service Light Indicator illuminated as well.

I contacted HIRSCHs Carnival on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 to report the washing machine and received an SMS, quoting Job Number 175133 for this appliance.

I asked HIRSCHs Carnival to also follow up on Job Number 562153 for the dishwasher.

They referred me to HIRSCHs Strubensvalley for feedback on Job Number 562153 for the dishwasher.

On 22 May 2020, I received a phone call from the Whirlpool Service Agents, informing me that Nkosi Sibanda will be visiting me later on the same day, to attend to both appliances.

Nkosi reset the software program on the dishwasher ( Job Number 562153 ) and informed me to test the unit over the week-end.

Nkosi then checked the E-27 error on the washing machine and reported that it may be a suspected electrical motor problem.

Later that afternoon, I received the following email from Nkosi :

From: [protected]@appliance365.co.za
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 3:48 AM
To: 'Lisa' ; Johannes Pretorius (Springs - PMR) ; 'Lallie' ; 'Rashika Chetty' ; 'Charlene' ; [protected]@hirschs.co.za
Cc: johannes.[protected]@live.com
Subject: RE: FW: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 J. M. Pretorius.

Good day

Unit was fixed, needed reset

Kind Regards

Nkosi Sibanda

Technical Supervisor (Field)

Appliance 365

Mobile: +[protected]

Office : +[protected]

www.appliance365.co.za

[protected]@appliance365.co.za

On Wednesday morning, 27 May 2020, I found that the same F-6 / ​E-1 error on my dishwasher returned, after being reset on 22 May 2020.

I reported this via email, below :

Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 9:47 AM
To: [protected]@appliance365.co.za ; 'Lisa' ; 'Lallie' ; 'Rashika Chetty' ; 'Charlene' ; [protected]@hirschs.co.za
Cc: johannes.[protected]@live.com
Subject: RE: FW: Job Number: 558246 & 562153 J. M. Pretorius.

Good morning,

Sad news - My Dishwasher only did eight loads before the dreaded E-1 / F-6 Error returned on 26 May 2020, after Nkosi reset the unit on Friday, 22 May 2020.

With regards my Washing Machine and the F-27 error, Charlene created Job number 570867 on 26 May 2020 to capture Nkosi's detailed assessment, done on 22 May 2020.

I currently have two machines out of order, still on extended maintenance contract.

Please action at your earliest convenience.

[protected]

I phoned HIRSCHs Strubensvalley on numerous occasions from 28 to 30 May 2020, seeking feedback on the outstanding Job Numbers 562153 and 570867, to no avail.

This level of after sales service reflects badly on HIRSCHs, as company, as well as on WHIRLPOOL as reputable brand.

Kershen, I need you to take a final decision on this matter :

If the appliances cannot be repaired, instruct your team to replace these units in accordance with the general conditions, stipulated under Point 7.8 of my Extended Maintenance Contract Number 181691.

• Updated by Johannes Pretorius · Jun 24, 2020

I am happy to report that Neren from Hirsch's Meadowdale contacted me regarding replacement of the dishwasher on 06 June 2020. I visited the shop on 08 June 2020 and Kyle assisted me in selecting the replacement unit. I settled for the SMEG dishwasher, which was promptly delivered on 10 June 2020.

It took six months to resolve this issue, showing a systemic problem with regards to extended warranty claims and a disconnect between Hirsch's Strubensvalley and the technicians at Appliance 365.

Hirsch's Head Office in KZN needs to put proper controls in place to ensure that any outstanding warranty claims, older than 21 days, are immediately escalated to executive level to evaluate the case and take a decision, to get the matter resolved as soon as possible - don't leave your customers hanging.

double bed

Good day I vuyokazi esmi nomana I lodge complain regarding my double bed I buy in Milnerton branch... The...

hisense front loader washing machine

I have purchased a washing machine this year, it is Still under warranty. A month ago I noticed that is does not spin the clothes dry and an error message comes on the screen then it stops working, we have to open the bottom of the machine and then we notice that clothes are stuck inside. It has being tearing our small clothes and staining clothes from the remains that are inside and not removed.
I have contacted Hirsch on the 27/11/2019 and they picked up the machine. To date I have no feedback as to when will I receive a new machine or my money back. I was told that they are waiting for feedback from Hisense. I am really disappointed with the service that I am getting from Hirsch in Durban because I did send my torn clothes with the machine and I was told that they found 2 more socks in the machine. Its clear that there is a problem with the machine, what is the delay to get a replacement or my money back. My job no is : 555966.
The reference number is [protected]

hisense front loader washing machine

hirsch's - "it takes months to find a customer though seconds to lose one"

Bought a microwave & a deep freezer from you guys in the last 3 months, no issues, this time I looked to you guys to by a TV and then everything goes downhill. From a pitch of we can "price match" to sorry cant help you - Truly Pathetic. Oh and you guys can refund my payment which is in excess of R15000.00 that take 3+ days to reflect in my account meaning that I LOST OUT on the same TV at a far cheaper price from a competitor. When I was shopping around many sales people from different stores mentioned to me that your prices are inflated to compensate for the so called "discount" making it a barging to shop with yourselves - if only I had listened from the onset & took my business elsewhere. Mr Alan Hirsch, I truly hope that this matter lands on your table - It takes months to find a customer though seconds to lose one.

smeg oven and poor customer service

The handle of my Smeg oven snapped 9 November 2019. Contacted Hirsch's whom initially felt that the...

[Resolved] defy top loader washing machine

I bought a top range Defy top loader in December 2018. I have had endless trouble with it. Now it has been 3...

whirlpool 12kg washing machine

Hi, I bought a whirlpool 12kg Front Loader Washing Machine at Hirsch's Centurion (Gateway) on the 15th...

55" samsung uhd led tv

Dear Customer Services I am writing to you to raise an issue about:Electrical Products The issue that I...

no service

i am I am writing this to complain and make you aware of the unacceptable andDisappointing service I have...

Pretoria Repair Services

fridge not repaired satisfactorily since nov 09

Since Nov last year I have been battling to get my fridge fixed by Hirsch’s Service.Originally I dealt with Fourways but after having been shunted around I am now dealing with the Struben’s Valley.To cut a long story short, I have paid for parts which have not sorted out the problem, I was then told that I had never given the go ahead to the technician to order the very part that he had charged me for. After the part was ordered I was told by the one consultant that I had never spoken to & ordered the part from her.I was told by another consultant that the part is not available & is on order.I called Samsung, the supplier who told me there has never been a shortage of the part.I have been promised countless times by the consultants & technicians that they would get back to me timeously, not the case.I have had to constantly chase after & nag them.The one problem was fixed only to present another problem with the fridge.Another technician supposedly replaced a new part but my fridge is still not working. Now I have been told that the part that was put in was not the correct part for my fridge but for another model Samsung.A technician promised to be out on 94, I am still waiting.

I was without a washing machine for 5 weeks

It took 5 weeks to get a new motor for my top-of-the range Bosch washing machine. I was passed from Fourways to the service department, back to Bosch and back again to Fourways until I finally went to Fourways to express my dissatisfaction in person. I was told that i would have to wait for another motor to come from Germany!!! Eventually Rakkie at Fourways arranged for a motor(from another machine) to be installed. I was without a washing machine for 5 weeks!!

the reality of purchasing at a hirsch store

Anyone who has ever worked for or rented floor space at a Hirsch's store can categorically tell you that Margaret Hirsch's interest in all customers ends when the cash register closes. She is without integrity, sincerity or compassion and is a ruthless business women who takes no prisoners. So beware, once Margaret has your money - all services cease, with immediate effect and thousands of ex-employees, customers, sub-contractors and Licensees can honestly testify to this.

• Be
    Bev Barclay Jan 08, 2016

Called with an issue regarding my Defy oven, still under warrantee, which does not turn on. Needless to say, as experienced previously, Hirsch's customer service and after sales service, is beyond useless, and their dedication to customer satisfaction ends as soon as the till drawer has closed concluding a sale. So long as you are prepared to wait forever, you will be happy with their service. You are told 24-48hrs til a technician attends to your problem, which is a downright lie. As a caterer, tying to function and run my business without my oven is impossible, and I am now losing income, but not to worry, I'm sure Margaret Hirsch will compensate me and pay my rent this month, as her customer service department is a group of ill informed, untrained individuals who can do no more than pay lip service to customers.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices