Maytag / French Door Refrigeratorproblems with the ice maker!

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Maytag's response · Mar 31, 2017

Dear Valerie: We are sorry to hear of the issue that you are experiencing with your Refrigerator.
    We would be happy to look into this matter. If you could email us at [email protected] with your name, phone number, and address along with the model and serial number of the Refrigerator.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Apr 08, 2013

Hello alnappier. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Maytag. We truly apologize for the frustrations you have endured regarding your refrigerator. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at [email protected] and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard) along with your user name and your ticket number (39710). We would be happy to review your concerns further. Best regards, Amber.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Feb 27, 2013

Hello lbedell. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard.com), your user ID name (lbedell), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, your ticket number (34374), and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Amber.

• Ga
    Gary Aug 31, 2007

Oh, my. I posted here months ago when I had the problem and I forgot to check back to post a follow up. Amazing to see how many people have had this problem. I posted a short guide on how to replace the board yourself, but if the part is under warranty or recall, I'd go that route since the part is expensive.

There are bad capacitors on the broken board and I have heard from some people that replacing just the caps will fix the problem; however, you have to know how to solder to do this. If you can replace the caps yourself you can be running in a day instead of weeks to wait for a repairman or parts.

Sulli Aug 31, 2007

My 16 mo. old Ice2o started flashing and flapping last night. Went to the Maytag website but they don't have anything there about a recall on the circuit board. Called them this morning and the rep said he couldn't address the issue without the model and serial number but that he was unaware of a recall on the circuit board. I'll call them back tomorrow with the serial and model numbers (I'm at work and don't have that info with me) and update after I've made the call.

• Ka
    Kathy Huffman Aug 31, 2007

This thing (French Door) pops & cracks & bangs & hisses, have never heard anything like it. Home Depot is no help. They don't care if it takes 3 or 4 weeks to get it fixed. I wonder if they are they selling 2nds. Wish I'd read up on this model before I bought, but I always thought Maytag was tops. I know now!! If this is an ongoing problem why don't have a recall like on cars & get it taken care of.

chemistrynerd Aug 29, 2007

Maytag now has a fix for this problem that they will cover the cost of the part and installation of the the circuit board that causes this problem. Even when my frig was out of warranty by five months. They were very helpful and persistent to fix the problem.

• Ka
    Kathy Aug 29, 2007

Same problem as everyone else, but after reading all of these posts I called Maytag back and demanded parts AND labor to be covered.

Yesterday, when all of the lights started blinking and the ice door flapping, I called Maytag and they said that since the refrigerator was 16 months old and I didn't buy the extended warranty, only the parts would be covered. They couldn't get a repair tech out until the next day, so I went through an authorized service center who was able to send someone out within a few hours. The Maytag clerk called the service center and authorized parts only to be covered, but I would have to pay for labor. When the service tech came out, he was baffled, said he had never seen anything like it before. My bet is that he's going to see many, many more in the future! He ordered a new circuit board and said he would bring it out ASAP, because at that point all of the flapping was driving him crazy! The wonderful service tech even ordered a new plastic housing in case he breaks the old one when he replaces the board. He left the unit on so that my refrigerator and freezer continue to cool. We just had to listen to the flapping all night long. And just after midnight the door alarm started beeping, but thankfully I was able to turn that off and it hasn't sounded again.

After that, I decided to search the internet to see if anyone else had a similar problem. WOW! I called Maytag immediately and asked if there was a recall on the refrigerator. The answer was No, it's "not a quality issue". I hit the roof and told her of the hundreds of people on the internet who are experiencing the same exact problem, just over a year later on a $2800 appliance! I told her that I would not accept only parts to be covered, that I wanted all labor to be covered as well. She said that they couldn't do that, so I asked to speak to her supervisor. I told her I had already posted on the internet, was going to join a class action lawsuit, and would be calling my local TV station to report the problem. She put me on hold, and minutes later came back and told me they would pay for everything. I called the repair shop and half an hour later, and true to her word, they had received a call authorizing parts and labor costs. The new circuit board is due in tomorrow.

So, my advice:

Call Maytag [protected]

Go through a local service tech instead of their company. You can find a list on Maytag's website. You do have to call back Maytag and have them call and authorize the costs, but they put me on hold and did it quickly.

Demand that parts AND labor to be covered. Ask to speak to a supervisor if you get the answer "No". Finally, post your experience so we can see how widespread this is!

Now, my next concern is: Are we all going to be going through this again in 13-16 months? Are the replacement circuit boards faulty as well?

Good luck everyone!

• Le
    Leah K Aug 23, 2007

Wow, deja vu. I was woken up in the middle of the night by the flapping ice maker door/blinking lights. I did buy the extended warranty, as I had failure of the front control panel two months after purchase. A & E had someone out within 48 hours, but of course, the technician didn't have the part on his truck. That took 9 days to arrive. Once I notified A&E that I had the part, they scheduled the repair for 5 days later. All told, I had no fridge for two and a half weeks. In the meantime, the technician told me that the extended warranty didn't cover food spoilage from malfunction. I showed him the contract language written on the back of my 'certificate of extended warranty' specifying the amount covered and his response was that someone didn't know what they were selling me and it wasn't really covered. Whatever, just repair my fridge, I'll deal with that separately. This fridge is a POS and I would love to join in any class action. Oh yeah, the icemaker isn't working either...

• Li
    Lisa Harris Aug 20, 2007

We, too, have the same refrigerator problems! Lights flashing, ice door flapping, and to this point are not sure if it is cooling or not? I expected a "top of the line" refrigerator for the 2000.00 + dollars we paid for this beast! We have owned the fridge for a little over a year... ugh!

joe demartino Aug 14, 2007

I am still stuck with the HV Board I ordered from Maytag but no longer need because I fixed the old board myself. I even purchased some spare capacitors that are the correct rating to fix it again if it breaks because radio shack doesn't have the exact capacitors that seem to fry. I'm pretty sure that if I plug the refrigerator into a surge protector and then into the wall, the problem will not reoccur, but I have the capacitors just in case.

I wish Maytage would take back the board I paid $100 for.

• Sc
    Scott Aug 13, 2007

I bought my Ice2O 14 months ago. Late one night last week my wife came downstairs and told me the refrigerator was possessed! Just like all the rest of you, it was late at night and the lights were blinking and the ice door kept opening and shutting making a lot of noise. After doing a quick online search I found this site and was hoping to find a magic reset button or sequence of buttons to reset the computer or something. After reading for a few hours and several links later I found this posting! It is GREAT. A 19 page procedure with pictures and plenty of explanation.

It I waited for Radio Shack to open and spent my $4 in parts. After about an hour at home, the fridge was working great and has remained working for over a week now. I tried calling Maytag and after mentioning it seemed to be a known problem they offered to give me 50% off the part but a technician would still have to install it. Then I mentioned how disappointed I was in the expensive product and the customer agent offered the part for free but still had to wait almost a week for a technician to install. I followed the instructions on the link above and in less than an hour after Radio Shack opened, everything was working great.

Maytag & A&E repair really need to get their act together. I don't plan on buying any appliances that A&E repairs, their service really stinks in this area.

John Aug 13, 2007

Problems with Maytag Refrigerators?

Our firm is investigating a potential class action against Maytag with respect to the Ice-20. If you are or have experienced these problems, and are willing to assist with our investigation, please contact us through our firm’s website at http://www.protectingtheconsumer.com/potential-legal-issues.php and fill out a form so that our firm can investigate your situation.

• Lo
    Lorraine Anderson Aug 10, 2007

Same problems as everyone else! Fridge is 13 mos. old. While under warranty, had the icemaker replaced THREE times. The amount of ice it makes is pitiful. At 4:00 this morning clacker flapping and lights flashing! Repairman is supposed to come this afternoon, has the part in stock, seemed very familiar with the problem! This will cost almost $400. Besides all the major problems, this fridge is designed very poorly. Water dribbles down door everytime dispenser is used, whatever is on the shelf next to icemaker freezes, food on shelves is hard to locate. And how about the design of those doors! If you just want to open the left door you run the risk of not having it close properly. If it's only slightly ajar, the door alarm won't sense it. And doesn't it seem strange that a door alarm is even needed? This refrigerator is truly a piece of expensive junk; shame on Maytag for continuing to sell them and for not taking care of their customers. We will not buy Maytag again.

• Pe
    Peter Maxson Aug 09, 2007

My Maytag MFI256AES started the same flashing light, ice door flap thing today. Purchased this machine in 03/06 from Home Depot. But I bought the 4 year extended service contract for $380, I'm brilliant! But wait, the contract, by Home Cheapo, does not cover emergency repairs so I can wait until next Thursday! I ranted and raved at the poor customer service rep but all she could say was, "I apologize, I'm sorry." She finally transfered me to someone that scheduled service for today from A+E, we'll see. So I got a lousy refrigerator from Maytag and a lousy service contract from Home Depot.

• Ca
    Caryn Stephenson Aug 06, 2007

An update... A&E cancelled two consecutive appointments then said ten days till the next one, the same day I was to leave for vacation. I said don't bother, I'll call someone else. Lo and behold, the repair guy calls and says he is coming! Why do I get no one for two appointments and then I DON'T Make an appointment and they SHOW UP! My neighbor let them in, and the dadgum COMPRESSOR is bad for only 700 more dollars I too can have a working fridge. I said forget it. This morning I called Maytag and took the "I am nice but hassled" approach, did not give my full story, but said it is three months out of warranty and in service less than one year and it has a factory seal in the compressor that is bad and I would like Maytag to fix it on their dime. After approximately 1 hour on the phone, all in an even tone amazingly, I am to receive a compressor by 2nd day air free of charge and installed for free. I was told to fax my receipts to a maytag rep for reimbursement of the HV and LV control boards I had to purchase online to get it to stop flapping. They were about 300 dollars total. There was no disagreement from Laurel, the rep I spoke to and she was able to set me up an appointment to install the compressor on Aug 15th. That will be about 6 weeks after my fridge first stopped cooling. I did not get nasty with her, as she is not to blame, but I did mention these websites that indicate this is not a problem with MY fridge, but with the model as a whole. I said that I can see online this is widespread with the flapping and freezing problems, and the no-cooling issue. Recalls and lawsuits take time, and I really need a working fridge right now. I felt like Maytag had at least responded to my inquiry for the first time. So if you have tried to talk to a no-service rep, calm down, and call back immediately or some time later and KEEP CALLING. There are decent people there who are sympathetic/educated on the problem enough to get you back to a working fridge. The squeaky wheel gets the grease! I personally would just like my money back but I suspect this is the max I will receive from Maytag without a warranty. I'll post the results after the A&E guys comes the 15th, if he does show up again...

• Hi
    Hilary Aug 06, 2007

I have a "lovely" Maytag Ice2O also, purchased it 4/06 and last week the lights on the panel started going crazy, and the ice door flapper started opening/closing all by itself. We tried calling Maytag customer service, they tell us this is NOT (??!!) a widespread problem and they don't get many complaints about this issue. Of course my frig is 3 months outside of warranty. They were going to charge us $75 just to come out and "diagnose" the problem, then they'd still have to order the part and come back out to actually fix the fridge. Nice customer service!

They need to call in their repairmen from fixing cable TV's and toy machines and get their butts busy fixing their crappy products! So, from other posts I've read it appears the problem is the main circuit board on the back of the fridge. I've ordered a new one myself ($150) off the web and it should be in tomorrow. Hope it works! In the meantime, I've had to buy a chest freezer and a second, small fridge so I could empty out this Maytag and shut it off to get rid of the incessant ice door flapping noise! Plus, it was no longer cooling properly and I would've lost all my food as well.

I'm thinking of sending all my receipts for the new freezer, frig, and parts to Maytag for reimbursement and see what they say!

joe demartino Aug 03, 2007

This is an update to my previous post. I replaced my old high voltage board with the board that came from Maytag that I purchased. I installed it, programmed it, and everything worked fine. I then repaired the broken board I removed and reinstalled it. The repaired HV board is now the one in my frig and it is working fine. If anyone would like the board I purchased from Maytag, I have it. I paid $100 including expedited shipping for it. If you live near me, I will even come over and install it. I live on Long Island in New York. If you want to get in touch with me, please call me on my cell at [protected].

Susan Downing Aug 03, 2007

I agree completely--though my Maytag side by side is nine years old, it has the same problems described in previous posts. Two days ago the icemaker went crazy--spewing water instead of ice. Beware--we woke to more than an inch of water in the kitchen and dining room and thousands of dollars worth of damage to the floor and cabinets. After contacting Maytag (and talking to an automated voice system) I was finally permitted to talk to an individual who was not very helpful, to say the least. I would avoid Maytag and Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerators.

Mike Britt Aug 03, 2007

Same flashing light problem as described above. I also had the water volume issue in the ice tray. This was finally repaired by an adjustment that one of the repair people was trained to do. There are not any Maytag repair men left, this work in contracted out to a local repair service. I agree with the class action!

joe demartino Aug 01, 2007

I had the problem with the flashing lights and flapping door tonight. I am 3 months out of warranty. Maytag customer service was not helpful. They offered to pay for parts but A&E could not arrive for two weeks. I asked for a supervisor and was told they could not help me. After waiting 10 minutes for a supervisor while my wife scoured the Internet for answers, I finally spoke to a supervisor who offered to sell me the HV board (that my wife identified as the most likely part that needed replacing) for half price. I bought the board and should receive it in two days. It cost me $100, which includes tax and expedited shipping. I hope it fixes the problem. The frig is unplugged right now and waiting to be revived. The old HV board has a different part number than the new board, so I am hoping that it is a revised part that will not experience the same problem. The old board is marked 10/2005 and has a part number of [protected]. The new board is [protected]. I hope I ordered the right board.

Michael Browne Jul 26, 2007

Update from 3 days ago:

I called Maytag on Monday talked to Gail. She was very helpful in getting things going. The Appliances were bought 4/11/2006, which put them a few months out of factory warranty. Gail made an adjustment covering both Parts and Labor. And even scheduled A&E to come out and diagnose the problem the same day. A&E came out diagnosed the problem and ordered a new Circuit Board. The Circuit Board came today via UPS. I opened the package and it looked like no big deal, so I installed it myself. Yah, we have a Refrigerator again. Maytag voided my warranty because I installed the Circuit Board myself. My trade is in the Electronics field, I’m no stranger to Circuit Boards. Whatever...

We bought all brand new Maytag Appliances on the 11th of April 2006, Washer (Model # MAH8700AWW), Dryer (Model # MDE9700AYW), Range (MER6775AAQ), Microwave (MMV5165AAQ), Dishwasher (MDB6601AWQ) and Refrigerator (MFI2568AEQ). How ironic that in only a few months outside the factory warranties most all of these items are having problems. These are appliances that should last about 12 to 15 years? What a crock…

Saturday night, like I said the Refrigerator went wacky. Tuesday night we tried to use the Dishwasher and the Normal Wash button and the Start Button do not work now, I can select other types of wash but it doesn’t do us any good because the Start button won’t work. The Dryer on Timed Dry says it will run for 42 minutes on the display, but will only run for 20 minutes then shuts off, with the clothes still wet, this takes a few times to get the clothes dry. The Washer has always had a mind of its own and on spin cycle this thing moves violently and is never in the same place twice.

So I called Maytag again, feeling pretty good about the whole Refrigerator deal I figured why not, let’s get these things fixed. Again Maytag made adjustments to the warranties on the Dishwasher and Dryer, this time for Parts only. I’m responsible for the Labor. I told Maytag that I thought that wasn’t right. Being that these appliances are only a little over a year old and they shouldn’t be having problems, but whatever. A&E is scheduled for the 4th of August to diagnose the Dishwasher and Dryer.

The Washer I had to call a different number for, because it’s a known problem for the Neptune washer, there’s a separate division that handles those calls and repairs. I called the designated number for the Washer, again, the parts are ordered and A&E is scheduled to come make the repairs on the 14th of August.

Hindsight being 20/20, I would have done more research on the appliances we purchased. At the time they were all new models and the reviews were all you could go off of.

My Wife and I choose Maytag for there dependability, reliability and quality.
    We are both convinced and of the same mindset that we will never buy another Maytag appliances ever again. We are thoroughly disgusted that the hard earned money that we put into these appliances that barley made it a year without having problems wasn’t even worth the time we spent pursuing them in the beginning. If we had it to do over again, we would have gone with another line of appliances. Although we may just end up having to go that route, because we highly doubt that these appliances are in it for the long haul.

It’s really too bad that a name such as Maytag that prides itself on quality, dependability and reliability has fallen by the waste side like so many other prideful American companies that have resorted to overseas resources (China).

The cheap labor/parts that are now being used in what used to be dependable and reliable products have now fallen victim to cheap labor/parts that will not last the test of time.

It seems to be the new way of thinking and doing business here in America.
    No Dependability, No Pride, No Quality and last but not least No Customer Service.

Susan Erkfritz Jul 26, 2007

I have read the horror stories and am now very concerned and want to get an extended warranty. Many have referenced the ice maker in the door. My refrigerator (MAYTAG 25 CU FT MODEL MFD2561HES) has the water INSIDE the left door and the ice in the bottom drawer freezer. Is my machine a totally different model than the "problem child" many of you are talking about?

I haven't had any problems yet except it is sometimes noisy.

Can anyone recommend a good extended warranty service? I have GE PROFILE for the other appliances. I got a web quote on the web for the GE Extended warranty for a "side-by-side" refrigerator for 4 years is $496.62. Doesn't that seem high??

joyce a Jul 25, 2007

I e-mailed Maytag last week to complain about the defects of the refrigerator... i told them my fridge is over a year old and i didn't tell them i have the extended warranty... Maytag replied back and said they will pay for the repairs even if it is out of warranty..they said they couldn't recall the fridge for God only knows what their reasons are... so i strongly suggest that you bombard Maytag with e-mails of complaints and let them pay for the repairs if yours is out of warranty... however i also suggest to get the extended warranty knowing how unreliable this POS is... it is expensive but i could be worth it if the same problems happen all the time.

PS>>> has anyone noticed that the fridge went crazy after a little over a year it was purchased? Coincidence?? I don't think so... I think somebody screwed up BIG TIME... and we're the ones who are suffering.

Michael Jul 25, 2007

Add me as well... Sitting in my home office, all of a sudden start hearing this clanking noise. Go out to the kitchen, and sure enough it is the fridge. How frustrating. I ordered a the HV part online. (I'm just out of warranty) Hopefully get it soon.

Mark Levine Jul 25, 2007

Add me to the growing list of dissatisfied customers of the Maytag Ice2o. I am having the exact problem. Lights flashing, Flap flapping, icemaker and water dispenser not working AND the unit isn't cooling like it should. Fortunately, I purchased the extended warranty. The repairman told me it was the main control panel, but the part was backordered. The warranty dept. said they will be sending me a store gift card for the purchase price and sales tax. I definitely will not buy another Maytag. This seems like it should be a recall issue. I tried contacting Maytag but no one will talk to me. Is there a consumer organization that can help?

• Ro
    Rob Smith Jul 24, 2007

Well the repair man came today, thank GOD I did not have to wait as many of you, he did not have the low voltage board and had to order. He did tell me to complain to Maytag about the spoiled food. He also told me that the faulty board would eventually wuin the compressor :(

Anyway a tip for those of you with the flapping, take yourself a philips screw driver and unscrew the plastic cover on top the refrigerators left hinge "there is only one screw" then once the cover is off you can disconnect the cable harness and this will stop the flapping and turn the front panel off.

The refrigerator will continue to operate after doing so, make sure the flap is closed prior to disconnecting! I will post some pictures with step by step on infinitecredit.com.

Now I hope I get the board soon!

Maureen Willis Jul 24, 2007

Well here I am again, the repair man we were waiting for for 9 days is here, and he doesn't have the correct part. He has to order it. Maytag is the worst company for customer service. Now I am going to be with out a fridge for another 2 weeks. I can't understand a how a company works so hard to establish a reputation, and can turn around and stick it to the customers who purchased their product in good faith. And it wasn't a cheep product. Besides the time, I lost a lot of money in food. Before my fridge stopped keeping the food cold in the top part, it spent several months freezing just about all the food in there. I can't tell you how much lettuce I had to throw out. My milk and cheese froze. What a hunk of junk. My fear is that once I get the replacement part, it will break in 13 months again, and next summer I will be going through the same thing. WAY TO GO MAYTAG!!! THANKS FOR THE GREAT PRODUCT AND SUPERB CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Le
    Leslie Kessler Jul 23, 2007

Wow! Thank God for the internet. My Maytag Ice20 French Door Bottom Freezer refrigerator went last night, lights blinking and ice door flapping. (Thirteen months and 21 days after purchase date) My husband and I tried to troubleshoot the problem by going to the Use & Care Guide book and Maytag's website. No help there, this of course happening on Sunday. I decided to google my problem and there you all were with the same complaint. This fridge needs to be recalled! I have an extended warranty, but won't have a repairman till 48 - 72 hours from now. (That's what Brandsmart calls "urgent care", since the fridge is no longer keeping its temperature and I had to throw out my food.) Thanks for the heads up on what to expect, I have also notified Maytag.

Michael Browne Jul 22, 2007

My wife and I came home last evening to the same problem, lights flashing, ice door flapping, etc. Reading through the post I’m in shock that this is the best way Maytag is handling the problem. I will be calling Maytag tomorrow and beginning the pain staking agony of getting this POS fixed. Our Ice2O is only 1 year 3 months old.

• Cr
    Cristin Connor Jul 22, 2007

I'm back- I wrote in about 7 days ago. My Ice2O went out on a Saturday night of course. Called Monday morning to H.D. warranty, they scheduled someone to come out Tuesday morning. Come to find out the repairman they scheduled is no longer in business! Then they scheduled A&E to come out that afternoon. They couldn't come out until Wednesday afternoon because they did not have any techs in my area. So, finally we get a call from A&E asking what kind of refrigerator we had and the problem. They knew exactly what the problem was and so did I! So we both started calling all parts places for the H.V. Control board that A&E did not have in stock- that would have been too easy. Then I remembered a post by Barbara? about calling Marcone. Called them, they had a part about 45 minutes away. Great! Called A&E, they do not have a contract with them, could not buy it. Called H.D. Warranty again, basically told them it was BS and they honored a reimbursement of the part. Our refrigerator is FINALLY fixed. We lucked out compared to some of you. I do appreciate this complaint board and all your comments. You helped me out.

Maureen Willis Jul 22, 2007

Here is yet another customer with a broken Maytag/French Door refrigerator. I have been without a fridge for a week, and they are not coming until Tuesday. I will never buy a Maytag ever again. We purchased this thinking that you get what you pay for, but I was wrong. What a headache. When I called the customer service number, the operator told me she has never had a call on this model. I think they need to recall the part and reimburse the rest of us for our time and trouble. My concern is are they going to replace the HV board with another faulty part, or has the part been "redesigned." Am I going to have this problem 14 mo. from now? I asked the customer service rep and she said that she doesn't have any idea because they don't share that kind of info with them. I'm going to ask if I can have the old part and I am going to compare serial numbers. My guess is the part is the original part that is breaking.

• Ca
    Caryn Stephenson Jul 21, 2007

So sorry to have to post again. Unfortunately, the High Voltage control board (see post of 7 days ago) did fix the flapping and lights flashing, but it is still not making ice and worse than that, the temperature in the fridge fluctuates between 43 and 57 degrees so it is not foodsafe. I am sooo tired of this piece of junk. We've had a hell of a time feeding 5 kids on our minimal market here, some 35 miles from any major grocery store. Going to the store every night just before dinner so I can get meat and veggies. The worst part is A&E. They have canceled the last two Tuesdays, halfway through the day they were supposed to come. So no work, no money, no fridge. They offered an extended 1 yr warranty which I told them not to bother with, as warranties require one important thing: REPAIRMEN! And so far, I haven't seen one and it has been three weeks today. No end in sight. I've called a friend an hour away and told him I would pay him whatever he wanted but just come fix the dadblum thing! I want my money back and I'll go buy anything but Maytag or Whirlpool (you know, the dependability people?) A class action suit and a recall will make me happier than I can say. My local Home Depot is no longer recommending them at all (ice2os) but says Consumer Reports still has it on their top list. I'm sure I'll still be dealing with this in two weeks when I get back from vacation, where there'll be a wonderful, cold, ice-producing, temperature-maintaining, non-flashing/flapping appliance called a fridge that we all depend on. Thanks a lot Maytag. They don't even care that they're losing customers left and right...

• Ro
    Rob Smith Jul 21, 2007

This is a POS refrigerator, add me to the club, mine started flapping three days ago and I went out of warranty two months ago. I wish I would have bought this POS with AMex, so that I could get my cash back. Shame on Maytag, this will be the last appliance I purchase with their brand name. I am going to give them a try, but I doubt they will help me out, might end up fixing myself and then purchasing the extended warranty.

• Ci
    Cindy O. Jul 20, 2007

I bought an H2O last May, so we were about 2 months out of warranty. We had several other problems with the freezer door handle not staying on and the inside plastic meat cover has never stayed on . I was promised a replacement but it was never brought. Now our water and ice maker is clicking loudly and not working. Many thanks to all of you who listed your similar problems and how they have or have not been resolved. When I shared this "web" info. with the Maytag person they all of a sudden decided to cover the cost of the repairs. In reading the testimony of so many others, I am beginning to agree with the comments of Dennis who stated "this issue deserves a class action". I am not sure how to start this procedure, but I would be in full support of it-there is great power in numbers and all of us have invested at least $2000 in a product which is defective. They should either reimburse our purchase price or provide a more reliable fridge. If anyone else agrees with Dennis and I sent comment please and perhaps we could get this started. I am glad that Maytag has offered to repair this problem at no cost even beyond the warranty date, however if the problem continues as it did with some customers listed here, then I think we have something to fight about. Thanks again for your help. Sincerely, Cindy O.

• Tr
    Tracy D. Kelly Jul 19, 2007

How about that! A flapping door and a $200 bill for a repair on a 14 month old refrigerator. Other than that, I'm happy with it... just not sure if I trust it or not.

Christine Jul 19, 2007

Oh my, I just got online to see if anyone else had this problem... wow!!! My started the flashing and door noise just today. I called and no one will be out till Monday. I don't know if I can handle the annoying noise for 4 DAYS!!! And going by some of the comments it may be longer if they need to order parts augh!!!

Manuel Gonzalez Jul 18, 2007

Beware in purchasing Model MFI2568AES ICE2O. Purchased this fridge in May of 2006 and upon delivery the Ice Maker did not work, I paid $2,200 dollars for a fancy fridge and I had to wait two weeks for Maytag to repair it. On July 13th 2007 the entire display began flashing along with this annoying popping sound. I luckily purchased the Maytag Dependability plus service contract. What's the problem? A bad high voltage control board! It is day 5 and I am awaiting repair due to a shortage in control boards. I am confident that Maytag knows they have a problem and they should inform there customers of a recall. I am giving them a chance to explain this control board problem, and am informing the better business bureau.

• Je
    jean ohlerking Jul 18, 2007

We are about to purchase the french door/bottom freezer unit but without the in-door ice maker/water dispenser. Any complaints about this unit?

• Ce
    cedric Jul 18, 2007

We have been having the same problems with our ICE 20. The ice maker-water dispenser is possessed and has been flashing and flapping just 4 mos after the warranty expired. Never thought I would need an extended warranty on a top of the line product from this company given how they brand around quality and dependability.

It has taken a week of persistence through calamity but I must say in defense of the company that they have agreed to pay for parts and service. I have my fingers crossed that the problem will be resolved.

Cherie Jul 18, 2007

I have the same problem with the blinking lights and flapping ice door which by the way is SOO annoying. My freezer still works, but my fridge part totally went out. My fridge is not under warranty anymore... it is a little over a year old. I spent WAY TOO much money on this fridge for it to go out after only a year. I called Maytag several times and could not get ANYBODY to help me..they were all very rude. Finally I went ballistic and basically told some lady off. We went round and round and after about 45 min I guess she got tired of me so she gave me some kind of Authorization # and told me that she would extend my warranty for another year. Well I call the Maytag repair guy in my area and he said it could take up to 3 weeks to get the part in. That is such BS... you would think that since so many people are having this problem they would keep that damn part on hand. I am really disgusted with maytag right about now. What will it take to get a recall on this POS?? I just hope this doesn't happen again, because I am tired of living out of an ice chest and a small fridge.

joyce a Jul 16, 2007

I'm having the same problems like everybody else... the annoying flapping of the ice door and the blinking lights is driving me nuts... will call the service center 1st thing in AM.What does it take to have this fridge recalled? Maytag should refund all of our hard earned money. This is ridiculous.

• Cr
    Cristin Connor Jul 16, 2007

I wrote 2 days ago. I found our warranty info. Whew! We have one for 4 years. Looks like we may use it often! Home Depot is sending out a repair man tomorrow morning (Tuesday). That was quick turn around but of course, we have to wait for a part to be order. Luckily, you all have told me what is wrong so I can cut to the chase with the repair guy. I will keep you posted.