Maytag / French Door Refrigeratorproblems with the ice maker!

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Updated by Wp2008 · Feb 27, 2013

Hello lbedell. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard.com), your user ID name (lbedell), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, your ticket number (34374), and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Amber.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Apr 08, 2013

Hello alnappier. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Maytag. We truly apologize for the frustrations you have endured regarding your refrigerator. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at [email protected] and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard) along with your user name and your ticket number (39710). We would be happy to review your concerns further. Best regards, Amber.

• Maytag's response · Mar 31, 2017

Dear Valerie: We are sorry to hear of the issue that you are experiencing with your Refrigerator.
    We would be happy to look into this matter. If you could email us at [email protected] with your name, phone number, and address along with the model and serial number of the Refrigerator.

• Da
    David Holdaway Jun 07, 2007

We are having similar problems with the icemaker. We had a new one put in only two months after we installed ours. Now we've had ours 13 months and are now having the problem with the circuit board and the lights are flashing and the flap is opening and closing all the time. We have a repair man coming over tomorrow morning and now I'm dreading what they will say. I just want this fixed right away and now I'm not sure that will happen. I'm beginning to think that Maytag has put out a bad product and we may always have trouble with it.

• Ju
    Julie Fellers Jun 07, 2007

I am having problems with my ICE20 also!!! My ice maker cannot keep up, dispenses ice slow!!! My water is also sloooowww! I had the lights blinking, flap opening and closing, fan stopped working, it has been a nightmare! The repair guy said it was the main board and ordered a part, 10 days later he showed up with a used part sent to him from Maytag, installed it and it did not work. Waited 2 more weeks and then went in to see how much longer on my part and the said at least 3 more weeks we are having a lot of problems with this fridge! After the told me they could not get me a part for at least 3 more weeks because it was on back order, I threw a fit and said I would never buy Maytag again, all of a sudden they had a part that they could overnight me and get the repair guy to my house on a Saturday! My fridge was 3 days past warranty. They agreed to pay for the part and I would have to pay 65.00 for the labor. I just wonder how long before this part goes bad again and I have to wait another month or more with no fridge!!! I think there needs to be something done about this legally by all of us with this particular fridge. Maytag is currently running an advertisement for the Maytag Ice20 and advertising as always like they will last forever with no problems! FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!! I would like to be fully reimbursed by Maytag for the price of my fridge and I would like to be compensated for the inconvenience me and my family suffered for being without a fridge for over a month!

Matt Civis Jun 03, 2007

Same thing here. The serviceman said this never happened before and it was a fluke. We have been waiting for parts now for almost three weeks. My wife has had three major events planned in advance and now we had to do without a fridge for 2,500.00.

You sure think you would get supreme service we are so disappointed in Maytag.

• Eb
    ebonybee Jun 03, 2007

Purchased french door/dispensing ice from door 18 months ago from home depot. Now have the lights flashing on the control panel and the ice flap opening and closing like stated in other post. This is my second dud of a Maytag Refrigerator product. Luckily I have a second small refrigerator and can move some of the things.

I think Magtag products are a bunch of crap. Regardless of the sale price, when I purchased a new washer/dryer a month ago... I didn't consider the Maytag brand.

• Ce
    celeste bradham May 30, 2007

I don't have problems with the ice maker, but the water dispenser has stopped working twice. It is one month out of service with Maytag. I bought the extended warranty from Home Depot - a huge mistake! Home Depot service department has been rude and wanted me to try a few things before they came out! Now I had to take an entire day off work and am waiting for a call... Anytime from 8-5, I was told. If they "No Show" I'm blowing a gasket.

• Kc
    k cutillo May 28, 2007

Has anyone had problems with the right door popping open? This seems like a bad design. If the left door is closed the right one pops open.

• Be
    Beni DAgostino May 23, 2007

Well, I Have the same problem with my fridge, the ice maker is junk, I am still under warranty and hope to get results, the ice makes very little ice and when it does make ice it does not dispense it very well and cannot break up the ice that have formed together, also I notice that the back of the ice maker forms a large chunk of ice that it cannot break up. I called maytag and they are sending a repair man out next week, I wish I had read first. They also have said that they have not run into this before??? Yeah right...

Wish me luck!!!

Model # MFI2568AES Bought on Feb 13 2007.

• Vi
    Vincent Apr 23, 2007

I'm also got th same problem with Maytag French Door Refrigerator. Anybody know if there is a recall on this unit?

• Kris Apr 14, 2007

Day 13 still haven't fixed this fridge! I listen the the ice maker open and close 24 hours a day! It is horrible.

The part still is on back order!!!

• Kris Apr 09, 2007

I'm the newest member of your club! Wish I weren't. My lovely Ice20 is out of service with the exact same problem as stated above!!!! I've been without any fridge at all for over a week now. I have 5 kids and no food. Sears wouldn't hurry shipping up because they said "it wasn't a matter of life or death", as put by Dave in Arizona.

I paid $3200 for mine with the extended warranty. OUCH!!!

I hope this doesn't happen again.

• Ga
    Gary Apr 03, 2007

Add me to your club. My Ice2O (nicknamed Ice2NO) fridge started flapping and flashing today. Although another symptom that we had was the ice fan was not running so the fridge was not cooling. No sooner after I crammed a wooden spoon into the ice chute to silence it, it started to scream like a banshee, beeping every few seconds. A while after that the compressor quit running, so I emptied it and unplugged it. I'll see if a new control board fixes my problem.

BTW, I'm about 15 days out of warranty.

• Br
    Brandy Briscoe Apr 02, 2007

I am having the exact same problems with my 9 month old ice2o. No ice, no water, the lights are all blinking, and the clacking noise is so loud that you can hear it throughout the house. This is not the first time we've had problems with this fridge. First the door alarm wouldn't work, then it worked too much, then it seemed to fix itself as we were waiting a couple of weeks for someone to come look at it. I'm starting to think that mine is not a lemon, maybe they are badly engineered pieces of very expensive junk.