Having problems with Maytag?

Maytag reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 10, 2006. The latest review Maytag Bravos XL Top Load Washer Model MVWB725BW was posted on May 7, 2021. The latest complaint Washing machine was resolved on Apr 05, 2021. Maytag has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 688 reviews. Maytag has resolved 414 complaints.

Maytag Customer Service Contacts

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Maytag Customer Service. Initial Maytag complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Maytag above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Maytag. Discuss the issues you have had with Maytag and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Maytag Complaints & Reviews

Maytag — washer and dryer

We purchased a Maytag washer (front load) and dryer about 5 yrs ago. The dryer laster less than 3 yrs before...

Mississauga

Maytag — maytag washer

We bought the Maytag Washer you can see in the photos. After one month, the motor simply "exploded"...

Mexico City

Maytagfrench door refrigerator model #mfi 2269vem10

Bought the fridge from Home Depot and took delivery in December 2014. We are away in the winter for 5 months a year so the fridge has only had about 24 months use. The door alarm started beeping and flashing, all else was working. Unplugged and plugged back in and all seemed well for 10 minutes then the beeping started again . Did the same procedure again only this time the control board and interior lights went dead. Called Maytag approved repair and paid $86 for the service call. Told the control board was gone and it would cost $418 plus another service call.That amounts to a repair bill of $ 600 for a fridge with 24 months use. Called Maytag and they wiped their hands clear saying it was out of warranty.
Had a similar experience with General Motors back in 1980 when after 16 months the transmission failed and then the cam shaft let go. Got the same response as Maytag.I bought 10 cars since then and none of them were GM. All my family and friends were told the story and none have also bought GM. Look where GM is today. If you don't stand behind your product word gets out. Every time I visit Homedepot I will make it a point to share my story with potential appliance buyers. Maytag falls into the same category as a thief. Take your money and give you nothing. With social media I will tell my story. Donnie Wilson, Albert Bridge Nova Scotia.

Maytag — xl bravos washer/dryer

Purchased the xl bravos washer/dryer matching combo at Home Depot in Brighton Colorado in August 2016...

Maytag — complaint regarding the delivery of my maytag gas range, model #mgr6600fw; delivered april 28 at approx 1:00 pm

I ordered a Maytag Gas Range from HOME DEPOT on April 16, 2018. It was scheduled to be delivered on Thursday...

Pipe Creek

Maytag — washer

purchased our washer in Oct. 2014. started having issues with loud noises April 2018 had service man come...

Dayton

Maytagbravos xl washer/dryer

I purchased this washer/dryer last November (approx 7 months ago). I have used Maytag products (washer, dryer, dishwasher, Jenn Air range for many years). When it came time to replace my washer, of course I chose Maytag. This is absolutely the WORST washer/dryer I have ever used or owned. Shame on you, Maytag! What happened to the quality you were famous for? My clothes are literally being ruined by this washer/dryer combo. My dark clothes come out with white detergent stains on them. I use HE detergent. Sometimes the clothes come out with dry spots on them where they never even got damp. I have tried all of the cycles including deep water, even tried to load differently placing one piece in at a time. My clothes come out in a tangled mess, and are stretched out of shape, do not look or even smell clean! After reading these complaints, which are all pretty much the same, the Maytag comments are patronizing and suggest we do not know how to use a washing machine, while the truth of the matter is you have designed and manufactured an inferior product and no longer stand behind it. I will never purchase another Maytag product if this is how you now conduct business. I request a refund, as I do not feel I received what I paid for.

Glenda Stahl
    Purchased at Home Depot
    Tennessee

• Wp
        Wp2008 May 09, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to Maytag regarding your washer.
        We are sorry to see you are having an issue with your washer. So we can assist you with scheduling a repair service for your washer, can you please email us at [email protected] with your full model and serial number.
        Once we have this information we can follow up with you by phone and help get you scheduled to have your appliance repaired.

Maytagrefrigerator

Hi I bought a MORXEMMWW Maytag model refrigerator. I has no handles just plastic pieces that go across the top and bottom of the doors. The top of the door you put your hand in and plastic piece under the freezer door that you put your hand up under it to open it. They have turn ugly yellow. They were so white when we got it and now looks ugly. I can't buy new refrigerators all the time. If I knew this was going to happen and bring down the look of my kitchen I would of never purchase it. Is there replacement plastic pieces you can send me?

• Maytag's response · May 02, 2018

patsull, thank you for your review. We're sorry to learn of the discoloration on your Refrigerator. We would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at [email protected] at your earliest convenience with your user name patsull, the site you reached out to us on (complaintsboard.com), your name, address, a phone number and best time to reach you along with your model and serial number.

Maytag — mvwb765fw and mgdb765fw)

To Whom It May Concern: I purchased a new washer and dryer set (Mvwb765fw and Mgdb765fw) on March 25th from...

Maytag Bravos Washer — maytag bravos washer model #mvwx655dw1

After washing a load of clothes washer continues to spin then stops then starts spinning will run forever if...

Maytag — dishwasher

I've had it 5 months; the electronics have failed twice. I told the service man who installed it that...

Maytag — maytag bravos xl washer

Maytag, I have had my Bravos xl washer for 5 years and now I have to replace it! It's leaking oil or...

Maytagmaytag dryer on push button disconnected and the start switch fell behind the control panel.

Date of Service 4/9/2018. #220250. Maytag Dryer ON push button disconnected and the start switch fell behind the control panel. Clip is fine and the plastic control has no damage. The switch remounted with no issues. The tech from Twin Cities Appliance put some tape under the clip to prevent it from going up. All checks OK and everything is working properly. I was charged for the trip only as there were no parts and very minimal labor. I am not happy that a switch would just fall off, seems to me like my dryer On switch was defective as switches should not just fall off. I purchased a Maytag so I would not have any goofy appliance issues. I am requesting to be reimbursed for the total of the techs trip which is $94.95 please. Maytag products should not have parts falling off. My name is Teresa Windsperger and my address is 1139 Landmark Trail South, Hopkins, Minnesota 55343. Dryer information is: MEDX655DW1 M63729958

• Maytag's response · Apr 10, 2018

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear of the concern with your appliance. Please respond back to this email address [email protected] with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance as the information you posted here will not transfer. Please also provide a description of your concerns.

Maytag — washer

I have A Brand New Maytag 4.7 cf High-Efficiency Top Load Washer Model with Powerwash. Model#MVWB766FW. From...

Maytag — dishwasher

My complaint is the maytag company sent us the wrong replacement part.even after a repairman ordered the...

Maytagcentennial washer

Purchased in 2015 for over $600 as the 1st brand new washing machine my wife and I bought since being married for 25 years. Certified repairman cost me $65.00 told me too expensive to fix. Purchased my old washer in 1993 used and lasted 23 years. What I'd like to know is how do you justify a product that was perfected more than 50 years ago, only lasting 3 years. My mom had the same washer for over 40 years. It's amazing how everything now-a-days is made to break.

Resolution: Send me a check for $600.00 for the machine, $70.00 for the cost of taking my laundry out for the past 2 weeks, $65.00 for the repair man and $300 for the aggravation/labor you've caused me. Sad thing is I have too much pride to cash that check because it's not about the money. It's about making a product that you can be proud of and stand behind. Being a high school coach and club director for the past 20 years, I continue to teach my student athletes to not be confused by winning or losing. That's for the simple folks who only watch the match. It's about the pride you attain putting your heart into something you love. If 3 years is all your good for, do yourself a favor, get out of the business of washing machines and find something that gives you sense of accomplishment and not a pocketful of dollars taken from a working class guy like myself.

Good thing I didn't have the money to purchase the Maytag dryer to go with this. Current dryer is 25 years going and was purchased used with the original washer.

• Maytag's response · Apr 09, 2018

We are sorry to hear of the concern with your appliance. Please respond back to this email address [email protected] with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, the website that you posted to (complaintsboard.com) and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also provide a description of your concerns.

Maytagwasher doesn't clean clothes

I just purchased a Maytag washer and it doesn't clean the clothes. They come out smelling like they went it. It's being loaded correctly, with the right soap, on the Deep Water Setting, with the Power Wash option, and on the hottest water temp. There are so many reviews echoing this same defectiveness of agitator-less high efficiency washers. I understand it's meant to use less water however the design doesn't work if clothes come out stinky. Home Depot won't take it back and Maytag won't exchange it since it's not broken. I'm so angry and frustrated that a $900 washer is being sold when it doesn't do the one thing it's supposed to to..wash clothes! All I'd like is to exchange for the agitator version and unfortunately I'm stuck with this useless product. I'll never buy another Maytag nor shop at another Home Depot.

• Maytag's response · Apr 05, 2018

We are very sorry to hear this CusTOMER, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We would be glad to look into this if you could email us at [email protected] with your name, address, phone number and the model & serial numbers of the APPLIANCE.

Jackie Turner Mar 13, 2021

same here... not happy with it at all. It does not get clothes clean due to too little water. Please give me advice on overriding the sensors, or replacing them. Thank you.

Janet Baker Hollopeter May 16, 2018

Purchased an MVWc565FW0 Maytag washer the end of October 2016. It never worked right. Did not clean clothes properly, made horrible clicking noises and when in April of 2017 it ruined my clothes by distributing something black ( grease?) all over my white clothes and bedding, a repair man came out and replaced the drive, support and cam . Even though I still did not think my clothes came out clean or smelling good, but no more black spots until this week and once again all my white clothes were ruined by something black all over them and machine again making clicking noises. Of course now it is out of warranty. We were hoping to go back to Lowes in Greenville where we purchased and perhaps they would give us a break on a new one, but we were only laughed at. Never again will I own a Maytag product. We went to another store and purchased a GE, which is what I had before I got the maytag. My GE had lasted me 16yrs. I know nothing is made to last that long anymore but you would think it would last longer than a year. Actually, it didn't last a year because it never worked properly. I don't know if we just got a lemon or if this is the general practice for this appliance. Either way I am very unhappy and would never recommend anyone ever buy one.

• 10
                10Jd May 22, 2018

@Janet Baker Hollopeter I have the same model. Havent been happy with it from day one. Had around a year...no grease on clothes yet but has always made the clicking noise that we were told are normal however it doesnt get the clothes clean and the agitator tears up clothes. Last night my daughter's night gown somehow went under the agitator and we are going to have to buy a special tool to remove the agitator. I called msytag customer service and they want to send a technition out. I just want a better quality washer that cleans clothes and doesnt tear them up.

Maytag admin May 30, 2018

@10Jd Thank you for your review. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address,  [email protected] with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, date of purchase on the appliance and a brief description of the problem you are experiencing. Thank you.

• Ge
                General Service Apr 04, 2018

Hi.

Is like to be able to help.

Maytag produces some very nice washers - some of the best rated.

Can you provide the actual model number for your particular unit?

If your concerns have already been addressed to your satisfaction, no response is needed.

Maytag Appliances Package Deal — refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishwasher

Purchased a package deal a little over a year ago from appliance warehouse in new hampshire which included...

Stratham

Maytag — washer and dryer

Purchased a model MEWX655 Washer and Dryer on 10-14-17 after using Maytag appliances for over 50 years. thi...

Maytag — bravos xl

I bought my washer and dryer 3 years ago. The washer broke and I had a repairman out to look at it. Seem...