Marriott Residence Hotelappointment for the post of front manager from uk

Dear sir,
I would like to know that last week I recd. An e-mail from id [protected]@yahoo.co. Uk & the contact person was sir powell c. Phone no. [protected] & [protected]. He gave me 21 questions to solve on e-mail.
I did & sent it to him within 72 hours as asked. He then asked me to join his company as front manager. And also my best joining time at marriott. I answered him that I cannot join before 15 th of june 2009. After my reply I did'nt received any of his response on this. After one week again I received my appointment letter on my e-mail and asked me to sign one page & send him as a token of my acceptance for the same.
He asked me to contact mr. Claire tuhey his e-mail id is britishcouncil. [protected]@asia-mail.com & his phone no. Is +91 [protected]. He told me that 30, 000/- indian rupees will be required in the process of work permit visa and other paper work claire tuhey called me twice in one day on my cell and asked to transfer him the money when I refused him to pay such big amount he asked me to transfer only 10, 000 rupees only. I look this as one of the biggest fraud & scam can you pls. Help me in this regard by finding out if this company is registered in united kingdom
Sir, can you help me in this regard by finding out if this is not the part of scam & I have not been misguided.
Awaiting your kind response on this.
Thanks.
Warm regards,
Rajnish tripathi.

• Vi
    viraj May 12, 2009

even i have received the same mail ...

• In
    Indhu May 29, 2009

BY brother recived it too..Is it a authentic one or a scam?..did anyone check that with Marriot management?.

• Sm
    S_M Jun 11, 2009

hello,
    i to got same email and attachment befor sending i just checked on google with phone no was of other company.please check this link :-Prof Benedita Carly/Johnson John/Internet Corp Promo - Fraudwatchers www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22340

• Sk
    skb Jun 11, 2009

Even i received this, it is a scam, for more info check these links, http://www.419baiter.com/_scam_emails/08-09b/marriott-residence-hotel-job-scam.html, http://www.fraudwatchers.org/, and even the above posted one. And Do not send any money or sensitive documents.
    Thanks for the info. it made me verify the mail again. Even the attached document i.e the interview one is fake, look at the doc's meta info.

• Ta
    tanvi Jun 16, 2009

even my friend received it from email id : [email protected] and they told him to fill some questions & send it back to them within 72hrs what should we do now ??

• Bo
    Bomboklat Jun 24, 2009

Hello every body this is the person i found in the net who has been cheated. So guys i m just posting his mail which shows how he got cheated.

The below is the mail with full details. Please check.

Marriott Residence Hotel
    147, Cromwell Road, Kensington London
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 0044 7031896848. 0044 7017848237

the Name of person Mr. Sir Powel C. is writting a mail for job, in these days every body want good job with good salary, I also gave him CV and he gave me appointment letter against my answer of 21 question interview, he given me work permit also and sent me UK visa form also which i have attached.

I paid Rs 30240/- to his partner Mr. Collins Jeff (phone - 0091 9004809088) and they are using ICICI bank account no . 0033501536526 name of ELIZABETH FALKE. These three person are cheated me.

If you could give me help, I am trying to get my money back, Will you help me to out of this scam ?

Thanks and Regards,
    Manish

• Ve
    velan Jun 30, 2009

thaks for the information every one. i got the same msg and i was trying to send money to clarie tuhey bank to bank and i asked him IPAN(international permanent account number) no. he asked me to send money by western union then, i got few doubts and then i checked in the net, there is so many complaints about him & co...it is really disgusting...if it is true all the contact number and email ID should be same but it wasn't same and they don't have the proper email id from the management( all id from yahoo, live, Gmail).
    i realised it is fake and i am in London so i am going to complain about them in management of grosvenor kensington hotel.
    thankyou very much gentlemen
    vel

• Ro
    rose_ph Jul 13, 2009

hello.. i also received an email from Sir Powell C. Answered all the 21 questions attached and send him my docs. then he sent me an e-mail again about the processing of papers in india. i replied that i am not living in india. after that, i haven't heard from him again.

my problem is i sent all my important docs..

i hope someday somebody will catch them and put them to jail... let's pray for that everyone.

from
    rose

• St
    STT Aug 18, 2009

Dear Sir,

I have got the appointment letter from Marriot hotel and asked me to do as per the mail given below.
    _____________________________________
    Please find attached for further proceedings on your job processes. You are to refer to Co-ordinator in India for further proceedings on time.

Sequel to the resumption of your job, he will assist you considering the essentiality of time involved; Representing a higher percentage of expatriate services employees in relations to this project.

You will contact him and he shall assist you in timely obtaining of your necessary residence and a work permit papers/ VISA with the United Kingdom Immigration Services.

You will have to immediately contact the below contact person representing a higher percentage of expatriate status employee withrelations to this procedure:

BRITISH COUNCIL:
    Contact Person: Mr. Claire Tuhey, (Officer in Charge)Number : + 91 976 906 6344
    E-mail: [email protected]

Please endeavor to update us on your successful processes with him for liaison purpose.

ATTN: Your traveling processes have to be with you and Mr. Claire Tuhey, only for your working visa to be issued to you.

Regards,
    Sir. Powel C.
    Human Res. Dev. Manager
    MARRIOTT RESIDENCE HOTEL
    0044-703 1927 574
    0044-702 4075 920

_______________________________________
    Based on this I have depositted an amount of Rs.29, 000/- to the account given by Mr.Claire Tuhey.

Now his phone number is not reachable and no upadte.
    How we can catch hold this people and bring in front of law, so that this must not happen to any one else.

Regards

Thomas
    Ph:9739200135

• Pr
    Pritpal Aug 18, 2009

Hello Guys... I am sorry for the people who have been cheated by this scam group. I am from London and i have been to the Marriott Hotel . this Group has nothing to do with the prestigious Marriott Hotel . I have seen the Interview format which they email, how can u trust such a fake format and a hotel like Marriott will never interview u like this just to save the cost ...

• Np
    npk Aug 31, 2009

Hello Friends, Thanks for these comments...Really it helps others not to get trapped into such things. Thanks for all

• Vi
    vikrant76 Sep 12, 2009

Hi Friends..
    I also recieved this mail last week from the same person and same process was followed.I would like to thank all my friends for posting theire experience on this complaint board.Before proceeding i visited this site and came to know abt the facts and protected my self from being cheated.I request all my friend not to waste their money in all these fake activities.
    vikrant

• Mu
    muryMaggi Sep 18, 2009

Even i have recieved the same mail... and i am in doubt with the trueness of the company

• Al
    aloke dey Oct 01, 2009

this is a fake appointment as because i've made the enquiry to the british council by visitig physically & they informed this is nabsolutely rubbish.,

• Su
    surash Nov 15, 2009

even i too received that 21 questions...
    what should i do now???

• Ns
    N.S.Sreeraman Dec 03, 2009

Sirs, 2/12/2009
    Within the last two weeks, I have received similar emails from Marriott Hotel, regarding job vacancies in various fields. When I checked as to whether this is a scam or not now, it appears that it is like so. This is nothing else, but to squeeze money from persons who simply believe that the offers are genuine and become prey to that. Hence, in my opinion, I do not propose to give any reply to such kind of scams as once I had become a victim of such a scam. It is high time that such types of scams should be estopped by resorting to available and appropriate legal proceedings against such scammers and I wonder, why it is impossible to do so! If Websites like you can assist in the process, it would be a lesson to be taught such persons whereby innocent persons would not become prey to such unscrupulous minds. Please look into the matter, if possible, a reply from you will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    N.S.Sreeraman.

• Su
    Surjeet Dec 07, 2009

Hi This Surjeet i have also reced such Email ???????

--------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Marriott Residence Hotel <[email protected]>
    Date: Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    Subject: MARRIOTT LETTER OF APPOINTMENT.
    To: Surjeet Gujjar <[email protected]>

ATTN:MR.SURJEET GUJJAR.

Please find attached for further proceedings on your job processes. You are to refer to Co-coordinator in India for further proceedings on time.

Sequel to the resumption of your job, he will assist you considering the essentialist's of time involved; Representing a higher percentage of expatriate services employees in relations to this project.

You will have to immediately contact the below contact person representing a higher percentage of expatriate status employee with relations to this procedure:

The Asia zonal coordinator will let you know all that you need to know about you paper's.

The Company has to send you an air ticket as soon as your paper's are with you.
    Information
    The Asia zonal coordinator will ask for your registration fees for your documents and opening of file on your name that is £400. (Pounds) He is going to ask you of it, you have to arrange it .

BRITISH COUNCIL:
    Contact Person: MR.RICHARD STAGG. (Officer in Charge)
    Phone: : + 91 9819520854
    E-mail: [email protected]

ATTN:MR.SURJEET GUJJAR.

Your traveling processes have to be with you and MR.RICHARD STAGG. For your working visa to be issued to you.Good luck.
    Regards,

2 Images | View Slideshow | Download Selected | Download All

[View MARRIOTT(A)(SG).JPG] [View MARRIOTT {B}.JPG]

• So
    sonal27 Dec 16, 2009

Me too received the same but now the HR preson is Mr. Edward David... Be carefull man.

• Po
    Popat Dec 18, 2011

Hi forum,
    Been reading the postings and finally could conclude one thing, "Damn it, fools like you deserve to be cheated".
    Use your brains, can any company would recruit like this? Do you think that the immigration offices at British Deputy High Commission would use their A/c to accept the VISA fees? Do they keep on giving their call numbers to any Tom Dick & Harry? Would they use free e-mail accounts like yahoo, gmail etc?
    I still wonder, non of you have taken a step to launch a police complaint, you are just shouting around of getting cheated. That is why I conclude once again " FOOLS LIKE YOU DESERVE TO BE CHEATED".

mavilla Mar 07, 2013

I have also same problem, It is fake or genuine...
    Marriott hotel send me appointment letter, after that they are asking for 10, 500 rupees for visa processing.

Any body knows regarding this, please let me know.

annoyedaus Jul 04, 2013

They are at it again : The name used at the moment is Holly Davenport
    Email: [email protected]
    From the Gigajob website: http://au.gigajob.com/index.html
    Sent me the Fake Appointment letter and contract
    We write to Congratulate you on the success of your application.

The position of an Administration Assistant II, with Marriott Hotels has being offered to you.

This position is offered to you on the basis that we find you as an individual with the ability to accomplish task, work with and through other people, exhibit self judging and adapting Behavior.

Attached Here-with this mail, is your contract and appointment letter.

Kindly go through carefully, if the terms/conditions are OK with you, have the attestation part on the appointment signed and a copy sent to us via email as soon as possible.

we wish to state here that you should truly be ready before signing the attestation part of the appointment letter, as it is a one time offer.

Arrangement to handle your traveling process as smooth as possible has being initiated to procure your Residence /Work Permits and Visa, through our trusted Traveling Agent to the British Immigration Service, who's info is provided below.
    we kindly advice you contact them as soon as possible.

Blue Dog Travel and Tour Services
    [email protected]

They will be aiding in coordinating liaison between you and authorities such as embassies consulates, local employment authorities with the registration, processing and procurement of documents, also compilation and analyzing of documents according to legal requirements for swift approval.

Do accept our congratulation once more.

Thanks
    Mr D. Holly

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices