Having problems with MakeMyTrip?

1800 118 747 (MTNL/BSNL)
1800 102 8747 (All Other Operators)
+91 124 462 8747 (Flights / Hotels / Holidays)
+91 124 504 5105 (Flights / Hotels / Holidays)
+91 124 289 8000 (Flights / Hotels / Holidays)
+91 12 4462 8765 (Bus / Rails)
+91 124 504 5118 (Bus / Rails)
+91 124 485 9669 (International Hotels)
+91 124 504 5111 (International & Domestic Holidays)
+91 124 478 1997 (International Air Tickets)
DLF Building № 5 Tower C, DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase 2, Sector 25
Gurgaon
India - 122002

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved customer services/charges

Hi

I recently had the misfortune of booking tickets with makemytrip.com (I am based in the US). I used the chat service and due to I guess language problems, the agent ended up booking a day later than I wanted so the 18th Dec rather than 17th Dec, even though on my chat I clearly said I wasn't in a position to make a decision about the 18th. Anyway after much complaining they said they were able to get me on the 17th but it would be $300 extra. For all the aggravation I figured just to pay the $300 and be done with it. The agent stated that the extra $300 was to get into ‘Economy plus’. After checking back a day later another agents says it is just the standard economy. I’ve been trying to get confirmation on this but its near impossible. I’m happy to pay the difference but I am annoyed I was told it was for one thing, only to be told something different later. This type of business may work on India, but it doesn’t work in the US where the consumer is more vocal.

The other issue was that my credit card company charged me a foreign transaction fee for this purchase. The purchase was made in Dollars but it was done in India. MakeMyTrip made NO disclosure that the transaction would be done aboard. They have a US based phone number, US based website and US based address. While I do not expect them to know what kind of charges the credit card company may levy, I do expect them to give a warning ‘Your credit card company may charge you a fee for this’. Had I have known this; I would have taken my business elsewhere.

What is interesting is that when I contacted MakeMyTrip about the fee, they were rather receptive and asked me to send proof and they would refund the fee. While this was a pleasant surprise it sounds very suspicious. I don’t know of many companies that would refund credit card based fees. It makes me wonder if there is something fishy about their operations and they refunded the fee so that I don’t complain to the Visa…Maybe they avoid paying taxes in the US this way…..maybe I am thinking a little too much into this.

Anyway bottom line, find a another agent to do business with. I will not use makemytip.com again if I can help it. I won’t recommend the company to my family or friends, infact I will do the opposite and warn them away from it.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Sep 17, 2010

Hello,

With reference to your post, please share your Booking ID so we may assist you further. You are requested to email the same to [email protected]

• MakeMyTrip's response · Oct 24, 2010

Hello meppayil,

• Me
    meppayil Oct 03, 2010

stay away from makemytrip.com... recently I purchased air tickets for my family from their web site in US and used my credit card... they have a New York office mentioned on their web site but charged my credit card from India causing me 3% of Foreign Transaction Fee... upon request, as reported in the first post, they asked me the proof of my credit card bill and promised a refund of the FTF... I sent the proof but never got any refund as promised... when I called them aging, they said they will escalate the issue to their finance department... many days have passed since then but never received any response or a refund

• Fo
    ForFairnessAndIntegrity Mar 03, 2011

All,
    There are so many people facing the same issue. They did the same with me too. I just sent the snapshot to them. They promised refund with in 10 ndays. If I do not get the same, I will seek some legal help here. Anyone wants to join me? I think we can all fight this togather if we do not get the refund.
    Also, we are not being harsh to anyone here. I very well know what is a foreign transaction fee. I have done international transactions earlier. But when you go to a US website "us.makemytrip.com" and everything is told in USD, you see a US toll free number, you expect the company to make the transaction with in US and not an international transaction. They never mention that the transaction will be made in India. I have earlier done some India domestic bookings on "Indian tarvel sites" using my US credit card and I have been charged FTF. But I never questioned them because in those cases I knew there will be an FTF and I was able to make informed decisions.
    Maky my trips provides good fare. But what they do here is not fair.
    Thanks,

Resolved ticket not through payment made

I booked my ticket through make my trip.com, for my trip from US to India.
It was confirmed and itenary was sent by the agent and when I went to the airport all of my trip was cancelled.
The airline said the agent had not confirmed 24 hrs before.
My card has been charged.
Its so hard to travel internationally with a kid and after confirming they cancelled the resvation and also charged the card.
I managed to buy a different ticket, but now I have to put a complaint on makemytrip.com, and there is no email id.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Mar 25, 2010

Dear A. ARUMUGAM,

With reference to your post above and subsequent communication from MakeMyTrip, please note that your transaction was unsuccessful and MakeMyTrip has not debited any money from your account.

In your case, SBI has blocked the amount and you will need to follow up with them for the reversal of the same, which is usually done in 5 business days.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Sep 15, 2010

Hello,

With reference to your post, kindly note that a full refund is under process for your booking. The amount will be reversed on the card you used during your transaction.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you as a result.

• Aa
    A.ARUMUGAM Mar 22, 2010

Dear sir/madam,
    I am A. Arumugam from chennai, my SBI debit card No.6220180327500097693. I have booked a air tkt with makemytrip travels for my son Ravichandran Arumugam on 22/3/10 for the journey from Melbourne to Singapore and Singapore to Melbourne (ID: IN1003B08238) using the above mentioned SBI Debit Card following instructions from the bank I made the payment through my computer. I was asked to wait till the payment is complete, after long minutes the computer displayed as #ERROR; the server cannot process your request#.
    When I checked with the make my trip travels, they said the transaction is not authorised by your bank and the ticket was not booked so you can contact your bank. Then I checked my bank a/c and the above transaction for Rs.49782/- was debited in my a/c.
    Hence I request to revert the transaction and credit the above amount into my savings a/c. No.10146593409. Pleases do the needful at the earliest. My email ID is : [email protected], my mobile No. 9444011440. Thanking you, Yours, A.Arumugam

Resolved air ticket invalid

I bought airline tickets to Cochin India from Orlando, Florida on Makemytrip.com. My itinerary consisted of 3 legs - Orlando to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Bombay and Bombay to Cochin (and return via the same route). Before I flew out I checked my itinerary on the airline (Lufthansa) website and found that one of my flight legs on the return (Bombay to Frankfurt) was canceled by the airline operating the sector (Air India). Makemytrip had never informed me of this and so I called them to find out why this happened. They asked to take the onward journey to India and to contact them after I complete the journey. They fixed it after I reached India. Also there was a schedule change for the first leg of the return. Kingfisher airlines which was operating the direct flight from Cochin to Bombay canceled this route and re-routed me via Chennai (resulting in an additional 5 hours of airtime). Though this occurred before I started the onward journey Makemytrip never conveyed the information and hence I couldn't the change the ticket. Before my return I called Makemy trip 72 hours before as they had stated to confirm my return. On my return I took the first leg from Cochin to Bombay via Chennai. I tried to check-in for my next leg (from Bombay to Frankfurt) at the Air India counter (operating airline) and they couldn't find the eticket number. The eticket I had from Makemytrip website was invalid and exchanged. I contacted Jet Airways who was the issuer of the ticket and they didn't have the updated eticket number either. Finally I got the new eticket number from Kingfisher but by then the flight had taken off. Makemy trip never updated the new eticket number on the itinerary and the information didn't flow into the other airline systems. I was stuck in Bombay and trying to get the confirmation for the next flight flying out the next day. I contacted MakemyTrip and they never provided any help asking me to deal directly with the airlines. I finally got confirmed seats via Jet Airways and boarded the AirIndia flight to Frankfurt the next day. But once Ireached Frankfurt Lufthansa didn't have my updated reservation. They did offer to put me in a waiting list for the flight that afternoon. The flight was overbooked and we never got through. One of the Lufthansa ticket agents was an angel in disguise and she sorted the issue and got us confirmed for the flight departing the next day. We ended up spending over a day at Frankfurt airport. Imagine going through this with two little kids aged 5 and 7. It was nightmare and MakemyTrip never cared to help in anyway. Every time I call it goes to a different guy sitting in a call center and asking me to explain again what went wrong. Plain and simple they messed up on the reconfirmation and reissuing of the etickets and never owned up to any of it. This is the last time I will ever book anything on their site and I will spread the word on this terrible company;
God Bless!
Nivi Abraham

• MakeMyTrip's response · Sep 06, 2010

Dear Nivi Abraham,

With reference to your post, our customer service manager is working on resolving your issue.

We appreciate your co-operation.

MakeMyTrip Care

Resolved stay away from make my trip

I bought 2 tickets by AIR INDIA.The flt was cancelled due to volcanic ash.Make my trip sold me 2 more tkts on Virgin airlines for departure on 18/5/2010 at a much higher price.I was told that full refund of AIR INDIA tkt amounting to Rs 72168 would be credited to my credit card account within 7 days .They also assured me that I had no role to play Make my trip would do the needful with AIR INDIA and that FULL refund would be creditrd to my account since the cancellation of the flt was due to volcanic ash. I HAVE MADE numerous calls to Make my trip who now inform me that AIR INDIA has shown me as a NO SHOW passenger.I am amazed at the ignorance of Make my trip as any involuntary cancellation is entitled to a FULL refund.

Since Make my trip is areputable travel agency the matter should be sorted out by them as they were acting as my agents and knew fully well that I travelled by Virgin air on 18/5/2010 to London. This amounts to deficiency of service. Make my trip instead of getting me compensation are trying to levy cancellation charges.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Aug 20, 2010

Dear Customer:

Regret any inconvenience caused to you. Request you to kindly share the booking reference number to get the matter investigated.
    You can forward the details to [email protected]

Please do write to me for any assistance.

Regards
    Team- MakeMy Trip

us customers beware of these scammers

I should have checked the rating of this online agencies from bbb.com website before going a head with booking... They've the worst rating in BBB. I booked my ticket (Booking ID : Y8PJAK) via Lufthansa and later raised cancellation due to flight departure time change. When I contacted, the agency representative agreed for full refund after consulting with the airline and send me the cancellation form to sign and send across which I did promptly... They said it'll take 21 days to get the refund.. At the 11th hour they called me and said the airline refused to refund... but can give options for date change... The reason why I booked by original ticket was it was pretty cheap for the time of travel I was looking for... Back and forth I contacted them bunches of times... Each time I contacted the agents came with a new story regarding my booking and cancellation. Finally tired with this I decided not to go with the options anymore, but instead determined to get my refund back... The agent agreed and wrote me that he had raised a cancellation and that I have to wait for 2 more days to get the status of cancellation. after 2 days when I contacted back another agent said they are ready to give another date option... But this agent 'Y' do not even know what I communicated with agent 'X' . The lack of communication coordination is at it's height and no one has the courtesy to come forward and update the status of our cancellation.
Now it's almost past a month and half ever since I raised the cancellation originally.. So far I've not recd my refund or status or any time frame when I'll get... If anyone has so much in your bank account and think to keep the money safe... Give it to makemytrip.com they'll keep it safe forever..
Out of my experience I had with us.makemytrip.com I strongly suggest all US customers not to go booking with these scammers... Better buy the tickets thru arilines own online website or any agency accredited with BBB though it's cost you couple of dollars more.. Atleast you'll get prompt response and don't have to bother about your money...

• Aj
    AJITSANJAY Aug 13, 2010

AND NOW THEY LOOTED $70M FROM US INVESTORS. POOR US INVESTOR. OR MAY BE IT MAY BE COMING FROM PENSIONS FUND OF POOR FOLK WHO CAN NOT CONTROL WHERE MONEY IS INVESTED.

• Sr
    Sreehari Sundararajan Sep 30, 2010

I got my Refund Finaly... after a long wait...

• Pa
    pathanjali saravanan Dec 30, 2010

for family emergency we had to use Makemytrip...they charged $ 3700 for round trip Chicago-Chennai
    but flight cancelled
    then Makemytrip booked in Etihad for $ 3400 ...so total charge of $7100 for one person
    They said it will take 2 months for the refund...should I wait for 2 months or is this is all fraud
    from
    Saravanan

• Nj
    N Jain Apr 20, 2012

MakeMyTrip is an Indian travel site who just thought it would be cool to run the same business in US without having any idea about US laws or customers. Also as many suggested they are cheaters and I would highly recommend to not buy any tickets from them.
    I bought a ticket from my Mother and I was quoted a price in US $ but charged in INR leading to FTF from my bank. They promised to refund this fee in 7-10 days but after 15 phone calls and 20 emails I am still struggling with them. They ahev started asking for bank statement and other things like conference call with the bank representative that violates the privacy of the customer. They also dont have any insurance to protect the customer privacy so don't be surprised if you entire contact details are posted on some marketing sites or misued by some anti-social elements.

• Mr
    Mr.DSingh Nov 29, 2012

Make my trip is all about disservice, they sell tickets cheap after that if you follow your itinerary it is fine. But if your trip is interrupted for any reason you are by your own. Forget about any help from customer service as most of them student or just started there carrier in airline industry and for every question there is big hold time and answer mostly unsatisfactory or supervisor will call you back which never happens. I bought my ticket from make my trip and ticket was issued by American Airlines but except lax to sfo all journey was with BMI to Amritsar. On return I have to extend my stay so I called BMI and I was told that cancellation fee and re booking fee is same $250 I did not have firm date so I decided to rebook later. When I called AA.com to rebook I was told to call BMI as ticket was authorized by BMI and sold by AA.com So I called BMI and was told that BMI is merged with British airlines so there schedule are changed so I should call makemytrip to rebook. So I called makemytrip office in India and USA for four days but every time they promise some senior officer will call you back. But no one called me back finely I bought one way ticket to USA and till date I have not got any response. I tried to dispute payment with American Express Unsuccessfully against makemytrip. They replied to AMEX that passenger was no show and returned ticket was cancelled. Morel of the story is I saved $ 50 at time of booking and paid extra $1200 to buy one way ticket from Amritsar to Los Angeles.
    D.Singh

• Su
    subroy Jun 25, 2013

The management Deep Karla and his family take honeymoon vacations at the cost of the customer. Hopeless management and hopeless employees. 'Makemytrip' is' make karlas honeymoon' trip . He does not refund your airfare, but uses it to make honeymoon trips all over the world. Is this guy really from IIM or are IIM's really below standards in educating their students?

Resolved cancellation overcharge above normal fees

I booked 3 return tickets to India from Newark, NJ to Ahmedabad, India on AirAidia for June 26th, 2010 on makemytrip.com website. For unavoidable reason i needed to cancel these tickets. I called them to inquire about the cancellation fees and i was told $375 per passenger which include their $50 cancellation fee plus $325 by AirIndia. This seemed high becaue i had Refundable tickets so i called AirIndia (gave my PNR) twice and both time different agents told me that the fee is $200 plus the agency cancellation fee listed on my confirmation (which clearly states $50 per passenger).

After second call to makemytrip.com at 800-463-4210and questioning why i am asked to pay $175 more then the airline cancellation charge, i was asked to hold and Anuska (agent) told me that it will be only $325 per passenger. So i asked why it is way higher then it should be and told her that AirIndia agent told me that i should not be charged more then $250 per passenger. So she hanged up on me. I called back and this time i got Rohit on phone to whom i explained the fee overcharge then he said because they are getting discount from AirIndia, by cancellation this ticket they will loose it and that is why. I told him that but that does not have to do anything with the cancellation fee i am getting charges. I asked him that makemytrip should charge the actual fees and not inflated fees so that in future the customer comes back to reserve the tickets again. So after making me on hold he says that he talked to somebody whom agreed to forgo $50 for each passenger and onlyu charge me $300 per passenger, I said but last agent told me $325 so $50 minus will be $275, he said no it will be $300 or i need to call AirIndia and ask them to put a note in their system for this PNR that they will charge $200 cancellation charge and he said when i call back they will look it up and charge $250 for each.

I called AirIndia and they said they can not leave any note in their system and to ask for that by an agency is absurd as they know it can not be done and a way of overcharging fees to customer.

I think this MakeMyTrip.com is unfair in charging excess fees to customer and i ask readers to think twice before booking with such agency. I will caution one more thing that this agency charges your credit card in India so you will be paying extra 3% to your credit card bank for foreign transaction fees on top of ticket charges.

Hope this helps someone.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jun 20, 2010

Hello,

With reference to your post, we request you to kindly share your MakeMyTrip Booking ID with us so we may retrieve the details of your booking history and assist you further. You may email the same to [email protected]

• Ca
    Cal_K Mar 08, 2011

same thing with me! These guys are number one fraudulent in overcharging and making customers fool...they do it in and out...looks like their CEO Mr. Karla must have gone through difficult times right from his child hood hence running and fooling the people around by corrupt practice. ...Professional cheater from IIM...Study makes man wise but he is an exception...I wish I should be near somewhere in NY to sue these guys...If you or anyone stays near to their office can easily get the money back by suing them in 'Small Claims' court in US...It is easy and many of us have done it before with a condition of you need to be sue them at their address of work...no lawyer required and they can't bring the lawyer in...

• La
    lamp_t Mar 17, 2011

Yes, I'm agree with that. They are cheating the customers. They charges more than what airlines intended. They not even provide the cancellation or date change pair. Based on customer urgency / need they are demanding. The worst travels. I wont prefer make my trip for any one. cheaters...

• Fe
    feekness Mar 29, 2011

Make my trip will ruin my summer vacation if they do not address my issue right away in reference to the war in Libya where they offered a flight from Dubai via Afriqiyah Airways that runs through to Tripoli to Dakar, Senegal. I have called them 10 times and every time no one knows what I am talking about when I ask them to either change my flight or refund my money. They overcharged me in the first place and now I know for sure that they will not refund my money because they just closed the inquiry reference on my complaint because I called them many times to solve this problem. I will sue them even if I have to return back to America to do it. Time and time again I have provided them with the booking ID and other information and yet they haven't did anything.

Resolved reg internation flight rates in online

Hi all, I am trying to book a ticket from US to India for the month of August 2010. In website the price shows as 61, 500 Rs. So just to make confirmation I called the customer service and asked the price. They gave me the same flight details and quoting as 88000 rs. I didnt really understand and asked the customer service agent why it is showing as 61, 500 in your website. They say it is some techinal fault. How can such a big company tell there is a technical fault. I am really afraid to make any transactions. Could you please help. Thanks

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jun 06, 2010

Hello,

Please share your email address or phone number with us so we may contact you for your booking requirement. You may email the same to [email protected]

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jun 16, 2010

Reminder -

MakeMyTrip Care

Resolved refund of the cancellation amount

I had booked a international ticket for my wife from New Delhi to London for Jet Airways on 13th of April 2010 with the following details

MakeMyTrip Booking ID FLTINT10008478407
PNR Number ZVUO3H
Passenger Type Adult
Flight No. 9W-122
From To Departure DEL LHR
Date 28 Apr 2010
Departure Time 13:45Hrs 28 Apr 2010
E-Ticket No. [protected]

But in time I had to cancel it and i did the cancellation on 25th of April, and a refund of RS 11, 059 was promised to me within 7 days. i also got a automated confirmation mail regarding this.

After this the ordeal started, i tried to contact Makemytrip after 15 days and i was told that there was some problem at the airlines side and i will get the refund back in 5 working days. again this did not happen, i again called on 23rd of May ie after one month now, i was told that the refund has been initiated and the refund will happen in next 5 days, i also got a confirmation mail regarding this from their executive with the following message.

Greetings from MakeMyTrip!
At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to delay at our end.
Further, please note that the refund is initiated today and would reflect on your card
within 5 working days . Given below are refund details:
Booking ID: FLTINT10008478407
Amount: RS 11, 059
Let me assure you that what happened in your case is not typical of Makemytrip’s level
of customer service. We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our
customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.
For any further assistance we are available round the clock on our toll free numbers.
You may reply to this email or write to us at [protected]@makemytrip.com
or visit us at www.MakeMyTrip.com.
prabhjit

Again a false promise, i called them again on 1st of june 2010, this time another executive Rohit Anand promised me that the refund amount will reflect within 3 working days.

I called them again today but the customer care just hung up on me on after asking me to wait while he transfers the call to the concerned person.

There is no work ethics at MakeMyTrip and the personnel there just fool around with customers wasting their time and energy with no fault of their.
They make false promises which are never kept.
Hope people will take precautions from my experience and deal with caution with MakeMyTrip.

and if there is a Makemytrip person reading this post then help me with closing this issue

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jun 07, 2010

Hello,

Please note that the refund for your Booking ID FLTINT10008478407 has been initiated. The Refund Reference Number for the same is 15519000689. You may quote the same when checking with your bank regarding credit in to your account.

We apologise for the delay and regret and inconvenience caused.

promotional scheme

Makemytrip ran a promotion in Apr 2010, of free domestic travel in India if return tickets to US were booked. I booked the return tickets (Reference Makemytrip booking no. - US1004B00832) . During booking process, when I enquired of what are the conditions to book free flights, the person on phone told me, that I can call about it whenever provided it's atleast 21days before my free intended travel.
Today, May 31st, I called up makemytrip toll free number to utilise this for 'delhi to jammu ' on 28th Jun (well within 21days creteria). I was told I can't do it, as I had to book any such requests within 7 days of booking. And since the scheme is withdrawn, there's nothing can be done. My only reasoning, it that I was not DELIBERATLY told this, and was mis-informed by telephone operator, (Mr. Tilak), so the company wouldn't have to honour commitment, (are they trained to do this? that is to comfortably forget very important condition). Furthermore, the operator (Ms. Sheetal) and supervisor (Mr. Deepak), both starts giving me lectures and arguments of what shall I have done (like check online, called back etc.) and more rules (lecture - our company and any company can withdraw any promotional scheme at any given time). At this moment, I am to wait for 24hrs during which they will check on what can be done. Let's wait and watch.

Resolved ticket not booked

I had a very very bad experience with makemytrip.com US. I booked two continental flights from san francisco-delhi in June for travel on DECember 21st for $2208 (before christmas fares are very high) and they went through online, Also I got confirmation from makemytrip. Next day makemytrip agent calls me and tells me that your booking has not gone through, she tried to give me different date ticket which was after the christmas which I never wanted to take.

After 1 month of calling to their helpline number and shouting on them, I gave up, They gave me a longer flight with 4 stopover and takes 50 hours to reach delhi (instead of 20hrs). I had no option but to take it, because prices got very hiked for dates of christmas. Also they issued me paper tickets.

10 days before the actual flight, makemytrip emailed me and said, your ticket schedule has been changed, and the paper ticket got cancelled, and they will not allow me to board the plane with this paper ticket. Nobody in helpline, nobody in Newyork office helped me. I helped myself contacted Malaysia airline LA office directly, but they say ticket has been issued by travel agent ### makemytrip and they cannot do anything, I faxed them copy of tickets, I sent makemytrip back old tickets, and then they issued me new tickets when my fall semester exams were going. I was so freeked out and so depressed and annoyed at that time,

I take pledge that me or any of my relative or any of my friend will never book ticket from makemytrip and I will take all my efforts to bring the business of this company down. They are the baddest travel agent in this world.
In lieu to save $30 on makemytrip, I ended up spending $100 or more, (on overnight couriers, faxes, phone calls, exam grades ###ed, so much of mental harrasement, tension )

• MakeMyTrip's response · May 31, 2010

Dear Divyanshu Arora,

Since your travel involved several changes including a last minute change in your schedule, we tried our best to accommodate all your requests. In addition, the refund for the amount of US$ 31 was also processed as requested by you for couriering your documents etc.

While the experience you have described is unfortunate, kindly note that all efforts were put in to ensure that you travel on the original dates specified by you.

dinesh bhatia May 27, 2010

June 12th 2009, Booking Confirmation Number is : FUSINT20001314169.
    Two passengers: Divyanshu Arora, karanpreet Jaggi.
    In the mean time makemytrip holded AirIndia, cathay pacific and singapore airline but never booked them.

July 11th 2009, Then after 1month, they gave me new booking number : BOOKING REF 5D7AEA (SFO-LAX-TPE-KUL-DEL) and same for coming back.

Issued me paper tickets.

Dec 05th 2009, Makemytrip emailed me and tell me about the schedule change, and the paper ticket is no longer valid, malaysia airlines cancels my tickets,
    though the schedule was changed by airlines in october, but makemytrip was sleeping and woke up last moment.

I was so troubled in the middle of my finals, I had to fax all paper tickets directly to malaysia airlines, I had to make calls daily to airlines and to makemytrip, do conference,
    paid for overnight courier sent to makemytrip, paid so much of my mobile bill, everything was just a trouble experience.

Last but not the least, 1st domestic flight got delay for 4hours at sanfrancisco airport, we had only 20 minutes to catch the next flight, because they closed the counter at 10:30 pm, Our 1st United airlines flight landed at 10:10 and then we have to run from one side of the airport to the international side continuosly for 15-20 minutes, and there we just got on time.
    Then also we got late by 10-12 minutes in security and line etc. Plane and pilot had to wait for us for that time.

That was so horrifying experience which no-one wants to experience. I will never suggest anyone to book with makemytrip. Also I have read 100s of complaints on google, their case matched similar to us.
    Its the daily thing for makemytrip to trouble customer, give them longer routes, to make more profit.

Written before travel :
    My worst experience ever had with makemytrip booking. They didn’t confirm my booking, they wanted to give me some other cheap ticket for some other day, and when they found the tickets which I want are very expensive they wanted to give me full refund. And the ticket price hiked by 700-800 dollars, I kept on calling them continuously every day for 1 month, and every day they put me on hold for long and says we are working, One day they put me on hold for 1 hour. They don’t honor their sales. I want to give them bad feedback and want to tell every friend of mine what they did with me. Will never book from makemytrip and will never suggest anyone to book from them. They wasted my time like hell and a lot of mental harassment. I would have filed a complaint or hired the attorney, but I am not bad as they are and I don’t want to waste my time anymore. Finally they gave me a cheap ticket with 3 stops on it, which will again waste my 2 days to reach India. It will take more than 50 hrs for my travel.

dinesh bhatia May 31, 2010

These all efforts were done by me. See the data, How many times I have called you. More than 100 times. Holds were longer than 1 hour. These were not last minute changes. Changes done by airlines were in october but makemytrip informed me on December 10, just 10 days before the actual travel. Makemytrip didn't do anything. I called them again and again, yelled on them, requested them again and again, contacted airline. Do you know how much of mental stress I went through. If I wouldn't have taken pain, and left in on makemytrip I am 100 % sure, that I would have never made it.
    and you talk about refund. That was your duty to pay me, but you never wanted to pay the refund. I claimed for the refund. and after calling you so many times it got processed after 2 months or more. Then also I didnt got full refund. They charged me $12 for transfer.
    Idiots are sitting in makemytrip and I don't feel any shame to use bad words for you guys or even abuse.
    You guys talk about changes, if you would have honored your reservation and honored the confirmation which I originally booked, these problems would have never happened. You never tried your best. It was me, who t00k effort, tried my best. I never had my requests, I paid to travel to India before christmas, which you idiots made a horrible and terrifying experience.
    I will try my best for makemytrip to loose business very fast, and the people would not get troubled by you idiots sitting at call centers in India and not honoring their word.
    Don't forget, its not me, its 100's of passengers complaining about you with subject " Dangerous Agent " or so. Just search makemytrip complaints on Google.

• Le
    Lee Lang Jan 07, 2011

My wife and I frequently travel. We use many different sites. Made a hotel booking in Columbo, Sri Lanka with my wife. We used makemytrip India. The booking was confirmed and charged to my credit card. When we got to the hotel (at about 2 am) they said they had no booking for us from make my trip and had no idea who we were. Luckily they had one room left and we were able to stay. Some of my friends have cancelled bookings with make my trip and not gotten the refund on refundable tickets. I was trying to book two tickets recently and they website said, "your booking is not complete, this is rare and you will receive your refund in 7-14 buisness days. If I cancelled the ticket, it would be no problem to wait so long for the refund. That is common... But when it was failure of the website, they should be more ethical and automatically refund the money. Even now, they said it would be within 2 days... that was 3 days ago and now they said 3 more days. Divyanshu I totally understand your frustration. Let us together take them down!!! HA! EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!! DO NOT USE MAKE MY TRIP!!! THEY ARE TERRIBLE and HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING...

Resolved refund of air tickets

In March 2009 I booked airtickets (Mumbai - SFO) through Make my trip. In Nov Delta cancelled their flight sto Mumbai. Make my trip was informed by the airlines of this change but they never bothered informing us. Upon calling Delta Airlines in CA we were told to apply for a refund. Couple of months later we realised that Delta had processed the refund & sent it to Make my Trip as the booking was made through them.

Make my Trip never bothered contacting us even at this point. 2 months have passed but they have not contacted us or refunded the money.

I have called them repeatedly and each time I am told that someone from India team would call me back.
I have also emailed them with all details (The amount refunded by Delta, Their refund reference, Date of refund, etc) But nobody is responding to my calls or emails. They just don't care- they claim 24/7 customer service but that is only when you want to book. When the time to refund comes they vanish.

Make my Trip owes me INR 24, 000 and no calls/emails. They cheat customers from US very easily .
They have made their money by duping honest customers & fraudulantly not sending their refunds.

With such bad service I will never ever book through them. Such companies should be sued & forced to pay a penalty for such pathetic service

• MakeMyTrip's response · May 26, 2010

Hello,

With reference to your post, kindly share your Booking ID so we may retrieve details of your booking history and assist you further. You may email the same to [email protected]

MakeMyTrip Care

Resolved refund of cancelled ticket

This is regarding my bus ticket booked through Makemytrip.com, on 13/04/10, booking ID is BUS50009116130367.I cancelled this ticket on 13th of april itself, that is before 24 hrs of journey (journey date 14th of April, 10) & supposed to get a refund of Rs. 825. As I was told, it should be done within 7 days but it still not refunded by them. Whenever I call to their customer service, I get the same reply that wait for 48 hours.I've got the same reply for 4 times.Whenever I drop a mail to them, I never get any response.

Please mark my words.They are the biggest frauds. The latest excuse given by them was that there was some problem from vendor side.Earlier they said that there is some technical glitch. They will never refund your money if you cancel the ticket. Why should I bother about the vendor problem, if I paid the money to you. While deducting the payment, there was no problem at all.

If anyone from MMT is looking at it...just respond...what is the meaning of 7 days for you...& why the money is not yet refunded.

Thanks:
Gaurav

• MakeMyTrip's response · Apr 28, 2010

Dear Gaurav P,

With reference to your post, kindly note that the refund for your MakeMyTrip Booking ID BUS50009116130367 has been processed. You can expect the same to reflect in your bank account within the next 5 business days or as per the processes of your bank.

We regret any delay and inconvenience caused to you.

refund not given

My (round trip ticket) flight from newark to delhi (10 Feb, 2009) was cancelled due to weather related...

Resolved giving wrong information and misguiding travelers

Hi,

I booked a ticket from Delhi to Bangalore for 1st March (for same day as it was an emergency) through the website of makemytrip.com. I wanted to reach there soon so I checked the flight status. In results the website www.makemytrip.com showed us the earliest flight at 18:00 hrs. which was convinent to us. But when I completed the process including the payment it showed me flight timing at 21:20 hrs. I was totally shocked and worried by seeing the timings because 1. I was in really in hurry and 2. It was already paid. So I decided to call up to Makemytrip and the customer care told me that "I really apologies for the inconvinence but this was due to some technical default on the website" then I said ok then kindly reschedule my flight at an earlier timing then they said it can surely be done but you on the respective airlines can do this and when I asked for cancellation they asked me to pay a charge of rs. 1000 for it while this all was done from there (makemytrip) backend. This is not all I had to face a lot of trouble even after paying 1000 rs. due to there fault.

My concern here is not those 1000 rs. but my concern is are they making fool of us who believe such companies and book tickets online. Imagine if they get 1000 queries in a day and if they do same thing with any 10 customers and charge rs. 1000 on each then I am sure makemytrip can easily earn 30, 000 rs. in a month. Just by fooling its customers. Is there any way to stop it and get my 1000 rs. refund?

Also whosoever is coming through this complaint I would recommend not to use any service provided by Makemytrip.com as they maybe fooling you and earning lots of thousands from you.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Mar 01, 2010

Dear Divya Jain,

With reference to your post, kindly share your MakeMyTrip Booking ID so we can retrieve details of your reservation and booking history. You may email the same to [email protected]

• MakeMyTrip's response · Mar 22, 2010

Reminder:

Dear Divya Jain,

MakeMyTrip Care

Resolved refund not received for air ticket cancellation

I have canceled 2 tickets booked online via MakeMyTrip.com. The booking reference ids are as under:

FLT00007548804
FLT00007218952

The refund amount for the cancellations was not credited to my account. Inspite of repeated mails, calls to customer care the company has failed to give me a satisfactory reply. The cancellation refund amounts to 12500/- (approx) and the amount refunded to me is only 1178/-

Every time the customer care individuals tell me that the refund has been made but there are no credits to my bank account.

In case the MakeMyTrip.com says that the refund has been generated they MUST supply following details:

1. DATE OF REFUND

thanks
Pardeep Dhiman

• MakeMyTrip's response · Feb 16, 2010

Dear Pardeep Dhiman,

With reference to your post above, we have details of your refund are below:

FLT00007218952
    Rs. 5177 refunded on October 25, 2009
    Rs. 1178 refunded on December 19, 2009

FLT00007548804
    Rs. 1492 refunded on November 23, 2009
    Rs, 4537 refunded on January 21, 2010

Please note, if the amounts are not reflecting in your bank account, you will need to follow up with your bank directly.

• Th
    The Anonymous Nov 25, 2010

Mr Pradeep, that is exactly what they say all the time, follow up with "x" follow up with "Y". They fool people with their sweet words, and keep pushing people from one person to another, strongly putting the fault at either the airline or the customer, trust me they are very good at that.
    This was the first time we booked tickets from Make My Trip . We were issued paper tickets where it was clearly written refundable on the ticket. And they send a mail saying the ticket being non refundable. What does it mean? Why is the money becoming nonrefundable in mail whereas the paper ticket has a printed assurance that its REFUNDABLE. Later, we cancelled the tickets online with Lufthansa. Make my trip claimed that the tickets were nonrefundable. We asked for a change in itenerary and were even ready to pay the extra price of the current value of the ticket, but these clever people charged double that what direct lufthansa was offering at that time, as freshly issued tickets. Lufthansa said 2000+something per person for a fresh ticket and Make My Trip said they have 4000+something per person for the existing tickets. Hearing the price offered by Make my trip we had to say we coudnt afford it and finally went with direct purchase from lufthansa. So you see how they made a huge profit by using a few extremely talented salesman who will keep debating unless you are tired of calling and talking out the same thing over and over, everytime stating the problem from scratch. Finally being tired of talking to them, we sank on the couch, thinking what to do and how to manage another pair of fresh tickets. Because by then we had understood what Make My Trip was up to. THEY ARE VERY GOOD AT ONE THING. PLAY WITH WORDS, BLAME THE OTHER PARTY AND KEEP ASKING THE CUSTOMER TO CALL BACK AFTER SOMETIME, WITH THE ASSURANCE THAT THEY WILL SOLVE IT THIS TIME. ALL LIES.

Resolved refund money not given

I was trying to book tickets via Makemy trip.com on sept 23rd to fly from Pune to Chennai on Oct 2009. When the website took all the details abt the bank to withdraw money to issue tickets, everything was going smooth. At the end of "process complete", I got a message saying, the system has some problem and so tickets are not yet issued. If any money charged from credit card, it would be refinded in 14 days. please try again". I tried again for the second time and the same message was sent via email. The next day, they refunded for only one time and the second time, they did not refund the money. After waiting for almost 2 months. We called them several times to refund the money but the useless, careless, thick skinned employers kept saying, someone will call u regarding this matter or I have passed this to the higher authorities or to the respective dept to verify . We sent email to the company that we will lodge a complaint in the conusmer court and also showed proof of withdrawals of money from the bank passbook but nothing happened till date.
I seriously think those idiots get salary by cheating the customers like this.
Govt shd take serious action against these companies and I am going to spread the word of this stupid company to all the people i know in this world who will never ever book tickets from this cheating company.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jan 20, 2010

Dear Guest,

With response to your post above, kindly share the MakeMyTrip Booking ID for your booking so we may retrieve the details of your case. You may send the same to [email protected]

• MakeMyTrip's response · Mar 01, 2011

Hello Asha T,

With reference to your post, please note that your refund is under process. You may expect the same to reflect in your account within 5 business days.

We apologise for the delay and inconvenience caused.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jun 23, 2011

Hello,

With reference to your post, kindly note that your refund has been processed by MakeMyTrip on 23rd June 2011. You can expect the same to reflect in your account within 5-7 working days.

• MakeMyTrip's response · May 11, 2015

Dear NIKUL PATEL

We are sorry to read about the issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

In reference to your complaint, we have validated your case with the concerned department and found that passenger was no-show on the flight from Dubai to Mumbai and airline has processed no-show refund of Inr 1373.00 equivalent to AED 80. We have raised the cancellation accordingly and will process refund of AED 80 with in few days. Please be assure that we will keep a follow up on the same and will take this to the closure on priority.

Assuring you best of our services.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Aug 09, 2015

Dear Anup Dhungel

In reference to your complaint, we have validated your case with our concerned team and found that refund for INR 7108.00 has been initiated from our end on 18-Jun-15 with RRN#521022442864 aand we hope that same has been credited to your account accordingly. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance on the matter. We thank you for contacting us.

Assuring you best of our services.

makemytrip_customer Jan 07, 2011

I am having a similar bad experiece with makemytrip. They have not yet given my refund money even after 1 week. They are harassing me like anything and everytime I call, they will say some higher authorities will call me back. They are extremely bad and cheat people like this.PATHETIC, HORRIBLE - the only words to describe this cheat organization.

• As
    asha T Feb 25, 2011

I have not received the money back for my ticket cancellation
    MakeMyTrip Booking ID - UN252101536462
    Reference ID: [110207-009273] Letter of Cancellation. I sent all signed required documents to makemytrip. but not yet received my money back from them when I call they are saying that will refund in this weekend.

It been around an month to not refund the amount.

• As
    asha T Mar 01, 2011

You have been telling same thing for last 2 weeks. I will wait for 5 more business days and will update my status

• Sh
    Shashi bhushan garg Jun 22, 2011

I shashi Bhushan Garg had booked two tickets for vaishno devi trip on 4th june at make my trip. But after charging full amount of Rs. 3360 per ticket from my account they cancelled my tickets and now they are not returning my money back. I tried a lot. I called many times in make my trip for refund but no result came.
    My regestration no. of tickets are : (1) NR651642888
    (2) NR651642890
    Please help me to get my money back.

Sayed Ezhar Jun 11, 2012

Booking ID: in1205b03213
    I am staying in dubai, I had booked a holiday package to leh ladakh (8th july 2012) that was costing me 55, 000/- I booked it 3 months in advance, I paid a booking amount of 10, 000/- Later becuase of by vacations I had to delay the package for 3 days as I was landing to india on 10th july ( I.E after my package date) I informed their agents on 1 week of may I.E 45 days before the package. They had no suitable dates for the package. I dont want to cancell the package so I suggested them instead of leh ladakh give me a package close to leh ladakh I.E kashmir, they informed me that my 10, 000/- Will not be adjusted if I do that and also I will have to pay 20, 000 additional for flight and hotel cancellation then I have to book a fresh holiday package for kashmir by paying 45, 000/- Isnt it redicilous they informed me that any ammendment or change in destination we have to bare all the cancellation charges. What if a person doesnt pay the cancellation charges and end his trip will make my trip bare that 20, 000/- ? Are you making us fool. I dont know what kind of conditions are these which was not informed to us when we paid the booking amount they never discussed all this I would have not booked the package if this was the condition. I have been trying to follow up with their agents sending emails to them but they are not responding they were good before receiving the booking amount and now they are not bothered of customer service. If you still hold a good customer service then reufnd my booking amount. Thank you

Sayed Ezhar [email protected]

mayur gabani Feb 04, 2015

Pnr no 24867947 i was to get the refund amount of my ticket but yet it has not get credited in my account

• Ni
    NIKUL PATEL May 06, 2015

Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 4:50 PM
    To: 'MakeMyTrip'
    Subject: RE: Reference ID:[150416-036875] SpiceJet Booking ID AN2302410584798 : 25 Mar 2015 Dubai-Mumbai for MR. PATEL

have received 11 mail as same up to till date.
    But not refund amount up to the till date.

From: MakeMyTrip [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 2:28 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Reference ID:[150416-036875] SpiceJet Booking ID AN2302410584798 : 25 Mar 2015 Dubai-Mumbai for MR. PATEL

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.
    Subject
    SpiceJet Booking ID AN2302410584798 : 25 Mar 2015 Dubai-Mumbai for MR. PATEL
    Response By Email (Gurpreet Singh) (06/05/2015 03.58 PM)
    Dear Mr. PATEL,

Thank you for contacting Make My Trip!

This is in reference to your e-mail, regarding booking id: AN2302410584798. We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you for the delay at our end. As per our records, it seems your query is already been handled/resolved on call. In case, the issue still persists or you need any other assistance, please reply to this email.

Assuring you the best of our services always!

You may reply to this email or write to us at [email protected] or visit us at www.MakeMyTrip.com.

We value your business with us and look forward to assist you with all your future travel plans.

Gurpreet Singh | Customer Service Team
    MakeMyTrip.com
    243 SP Infocity, Udyog Vihar Phase I
    Gurgaon -122016 (Haryana)
    All Major Mobile Operators: 1800-102-8747
    Tel: 0124-4628747, 0124-2898747
    E-Fax number is 0124 – 4781801
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Customer By Email (NIKUL PATEL) (23/04/2015 04.58 PM)
    Dear Urvashi Tripathi

I have received 10 mail as same up to till date.
    I request for solution.

proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by
    the person who is not the original intended recipient. If you have
    erroneously received this message, you are notified that you are strictly
    prohibited from using, copying, altering or disclosing the content of
    this message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender. "FLEX MIDDLE EAST FZE" accept no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of
    the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus and
    further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those
    of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be
    implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority
    of "FLEX MIDDLE EAST FZE", as applicable.

Response By Email (Urvashi Tripathi) (23/04/2015 04.41 PM)
    Dear Mr. Patel,

Greetings from MakeMyTrip!
    We apologise for the delay response from our end.

This is in reference to your mail, we would like to inform you that we have escalated the case to our concerned department. Kindly wait for 24 working hours for the revert.

For any further assistance we are available round the clock on our toll free number 1-800-11-8747 (MTNL/BSNL) / 1-800-102-8747 (Airtel) / 95124-4628700 (Any Landline).You may also write to us through reply email or writing to [email protected] or visit us at www.MakeMyTrip.com.

We care for you and value your business with us and look forward in assisting you with all your future travel plans.

Urvashi Tripathi
    All Major Mobile Operators: 1800-102-8747
    Tel: 0124-4628747, 0124-2898747
    E-Fax number is 0124 – 4781801
    E-mail:[email protected]

Auto-Response By (Administrator) (16/04/2015 04.40 PM)
    Dear NIKUL PATEL,

Thank you for contacting MakeMyTrip.com.

A Reference ID 150416-036875 has been assigned for your query. To enable us to serve you better you are requested not to change the subject line containing the Reference ID when replying to us. You can expect a reply from our end within 72 hours. However, sometimes it may take us longer to get back to you, owing to the nature of the query. If you have already made a booking and have not mentioned this on the email, we would request you to reply back on this email with the booking Id.

As part of our continuing efforts to make your travel more hassle-free, we provide you with a range of online services to manage your booking. Click here to manage your booking.
    • Change of Itinerary – Cancellation & Date Change
    • Baggage Allowance
    • Airline Numbers
    • Vouchers/E-tickets
    • Refund Status and much more(features vary with Domestic Flights, International Flights, Hotels, Bus and Rail bookings)
    • Customer Complaints to reach out to the escalation matrix process on our website.
    • Click here to find useful information and answers on our new FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section

If you require urgent assistance and your travel is before 72 hours we would request you to call us on our toll free number at 1800-102-8747 or +91-124-4628747 (from networks in and outside India).

Warm regards,
    Team MakeMyTrip.com

Customer By Email (NIKUL PATEL) (16/04/2015 04.40 PM)
    Dear Representative.

It is very surprising situation as a customer that,
    MakeMyTrip have no answer / solution / Not any vision for to resolve this issue after so many @ 4-5 reminder as well as days….
    I got confirm mail after my every reminder that, “have forwarded your query to our concern department” . But the situation remain as it is…

So Request to refund the amount .
    I have written message from M/s SpiceJet Ltd as they already transferred the amount to you as Travel agency.

Also Request to treat this message as urgent & Essential Please…

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:41 PM
    Cc: '[email protected]'
    Subject: FW: SpiceJet Booking ID AN2302410584798 : 25 Mar 2015 Dubai-Mumbai for MR. PATEL

Dear Representative.
    MakeMyTrip India Pvt. Ltd.

Request to update regarding below query.

Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2015 12:36 PM

Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2015 11:37 AM
    Cc: '[email protected]'
    Subject: SpiceJet Booking PNR W4NDMV: 25 Mar 2015 Dubai-Mumbai for MR. PATEL

Dear Representative
    MakeMyTrip India Pvt. Ltd.

Request to refer below mail & do the needful concern to The flight was missed by me from Dubai- UAE towards Mumbai- INDIA .

Booking Confirmation
    MakeMyTrip Booking ID - AN2302410584798
    Booking Date - Thu, 19 March 15

Dubai - Mumbai | Wed, 25 March 15, 03:15 hrs

Departure Arrival
    Dubai(DXB) Mumbai(BOM) Refundable Fare
    SpiceJet Wed, 25 Mar 15, 03:15 hrs Wed, 25 Mar 15, 07:50 hrs Duration:3h 5m
    SG-14 (Local Time) (Local Time) Cabin:Economy

All timings indicated are local times for that particular city of departure and arrival.

Payment Details

Total Fare AED 305
    ________________________________________
    Convenience Fee AED 10
    Total Amount Charged (rounded) AED 315

• Specific rules and restrictions may apply to this fare.
    • Taxes are included except where local airport taxes are collected at check-in time.

Best Regards
    With a waiting your support in this regards.

Nikul Patel

FLEX MIDDLE EAST FZE.
    P.O. Box 17930, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai –UAE.
    Mob:- +971-525657683, TEL:+971-48102322 (Ext:404)
    Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
    www.flexfilm.com
    ==================================================================================

Dear Mr. Patel,

PNR:- W4NDMV

Greetings from SpiceJet.

This is with reference to your trailing email requesting for the refund.

Please be informed that we have processed your request for refund of the no-show tax amount of 1373 INR towards the travel agency account. The refund shall reflect within coming hrs from the date of reversal. We request you to kindly get in touch with the concerned travel agency i.e. MAKEMYTRIP INDIA PVT LTD to claim the refund. Also note that the travel agency will refund the amount as per their own terms of contract.

Should require any further clarification/assistance, please feel free to get in touch with us.

Thanks & Regards,

From: patel nikul [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 6:49 PM
    To: SpiceJet
    Cc: SpiceJet; [email protected]
    Subject: RE: SpiceJet Booking PNR W4NDMV: 25 Mar 2015 Dubai-Mumbai for MR. PATEL

Request to update the latest status Please..

--------------------------------------------
    On Fri, 27/3/15, SpiceJet <[email protected]> wrote:

To: "patel nikul" <[email protected]>
    Cc: "SpiceJet" <[email protected]>
    Date: Friday, 27 March, 2015, 1:19 PM

Dear Sir,
    PNR:- W4NDMV
    Greetings from SpiceJet.
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused and delay in responding to your mail.
    Request for no show taxes has been forwarded to the concerned department and shall be processed towards the travel agency account within 48 hours..
    Should require any further
    clarification/assistance, please feel free to get in touch with us.
    Assuring you of
    our best attention at all times.
    Thanks & Regards,

From: patel nikul [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 5:12 PM
    To: SpiceJet
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: Fw: SpiceJet Booking PNR W4NDMV: 25 Mar 2015 Dubai-Mumbai for MR. PATEL
    Dear Representative .
    Request to refer my PNR - W4NDMV
    The flight was missed by me
    from Dubai- UAE towards Mumbai- INDIA .
    So Request to refund the convenient amount accordingly.
    With a waiting
    your appropriate cooperation and support .
    Nikul Patel

the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus and
    further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those
    of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be
    implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority
    of "FLEX MIDDLE EAST FZE", as applicable.

Best Regards,
    MakeMyTrip Team
    Download MakeMyTrip Mobile Apps
    Give Missed Call to 1800 200 3684

Anup Dhungel Jul 28, 2015

Hi,
    Under Booking ID NN230267576537, Both my flights were cancelled by airlines but I did not receive my refund for one of the flight made for 16th of May . It's been almost 3 months, I did not receive my refund. I used to be loyal and regular customer. Now i need to book my ticket for 8th of August. I have not received my refund for last cancelled flight so You suggest me how can I trust MakeMyTrip to book ticket??
    I am totally frustrated and dissatisfied with MakeMytrip.
    All below reference ID's were for Complaint but no action or even proper reply apart from autogenerated mails.
    150607-025257

Contact No [protected]
Booking Date : Tue, 01 Dec '09
Cancellation Date 04 Dec 09
Ref No IN0912R0012651
I suppose to get Refund Amount Rs. 3, 120 by 14th december 2009 as per your policy but still I didn't get any refund from Makemytrip.

I have mailed 3 times and I have call to [protected] several times but no response from your team.
I have asked for escalation matrix to the customer care but they asked me to write a mail but how many times I have to write. There is no acknowledgement and reply for earlier mail.

Due to bad response from makemytrip have to pay the whole amount or else I have to take alternative steps to get my money back.

several times I have for payment confirmation number for which Makemytrip paid to ICICI bank but they not providing any details.

They have asked for bank statement on 28th December 2009 but after sending it no reply. Then they have asked for card number on 31st December2009 after it also no reply,
If you are going to follow this same you will lose the customers. Its an bad experience for me with Makemytrip.

Ram
[protected]

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jan 11, 2010

Dear Mr. Ram,

With reference to your post above, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you faced in your interaction with MakeMyTrip.

Kindly note, the refund for Rs. 3120 has been processed. The Refund Reference Number for this is 001116148372, which you may use to follow up with your bank. You may expect the refund amount to reflect in your account within 3-5 business days.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to assist you with your travel needs.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Mar 31, 2015

Dear Dipti Kaushal

In reference to your complaint, we have validated your case with our concerned team and found that refund on both the bookings has been processed from our end and same should reflect in your account as per your bank processing cycle. Please find the refund details as below for your reference.

NF2201234582885- INR 19770.00-RRN#150325728361-Refunded on 25-Mar-15
    NF2201234583023- INR 5978.00-RRN#150221451566-Refunded on 21-Feb-15

We thank you for contacting us. Assuring you best of our services.

Dipti Kaushal Feb 21, 2015

I had followed the escalation matrix and patiently waited for weeks to get the revert thinking that the team would need time for investigation.But this is really disappointing two months and i am still doing the follow up.I had written to the management which i think is the fourth and the final escalation point.reference number :150130-025704.It was escalated to fourth level on 13th Feb 2015 and i am still waiting for a revert.I am sick of narrating the incident from different airlines to their call centres and then finally follow up up with make my trip call centre and the escalation matrix which never helps. booking id : 2201234582885 .tickets were cancelled in the month of December and then while following up for the refund i was told to get the stamped document.i am presently in London and it is very tough for me to visit any Air India Office and call centres are of no help.Any how i first escalated the matter to Air India and finally arranged the stamped document. I immediately forwarded the scan document to make my trip and have still not received any reply.For booking id NF2201234583023 they replied stating i have go to the site and cancel which i was unable to do. Contact number :07417484270.

• Sr
    SreeVin Sep 09, 2015

MakeMyTip Guys, Please enable your customer care folks so that they can help resolving simple tasks. Let me explain my bad experience with MMT. I used mobile app on 21st Aug to book domestic flight from Bangalore to Trivandrum back to Bangalore. Strangely, I received confirmation with onward correct but return with wrong sector Indore to Delhi. Surprised to the wrong sector called customer care immediately to make the changes, Naveen cust care exec suggested that I will wait for 24hrs to check log to see if its the system error or if I'm claiming wrong. I call back next day after 24hrs and was suggested by Cust care exec Urvashi that I cancel the wrong sector to be able to book the correct sector later. BTW my husband's travel date was 25th Aug 2015. When I tried cancelling wrong sector, both the sectors got cancelled since the booking ID was one unique for both the sectors. Now I'm clueless about the refund and so I requested my husband to cancel his trip since incurred loss already. I waited for 7 days as suggested by MMT for refund but again I receive refund for Indore-Delhi sector. When called back for refund for BLR-Trviandrum I haven't got a clear answer nor have I received the refund. Today 9/9, I was on call for 1hr 20mnts talking to cust care exec Deepak and flr manager Mohammed to know about my refund status. Surprisingly flr manager's system is not working and so he's unable to email me the cancelation confirmation and commitment to repay my refund. Since I insisted for a reference number or email from Mohammed, he finally provided Refund ref no: IN1508R4S425040. I'm asked to wait for another 7 days to get the refund and so keeping my fingers crossed to receive my complete refund.

• Mi
    Milind Arora Sep 26, 2017

I have raised a request of refund of UDF charges two months back, since then I have been just following up with MMT with no resolution.
    They are holding my money unnecessarily and making me going round and round. Such a big service company doesn't have an escalation matrix either. I don't think they are very professional and eager to grow their business, as they cannot solve small issues.
    My refund amount is not so huge, so I can wait for their revert, but one thing I am sure that I won't do bookings through MMT at all in future, neither I would recommend anyone to do that.

Resolved ticket not booked and amount debited from bank

Tried to book the tatkal train tickets and shown failed status to me since 30 mins and I have booked three tickets after 30- 40 mins all amount is debited from my card and not reunded till now not revert on call logged and fake assurance given all the times that we will call you in 48 hours comany is cheater and making online frauds with the customer nobody book tickets form Makemytrip.com tickets 2 & 3 are failed tickets
Nil customer satisfaction is taken care the company is a big fraud company beware before booking the ticket from make my trip
Ashutosh Mehta

ticket not booked and amount debited from bank

• MakeMyTrip's response · Jan 04, 2010

Hello,

With reference to your post above, kindly share your MakeMyTrip Booking ID to enable us to retrieve details of your booking and assist you further. You may send your details to [email protected]

Awaiting your response at the earliest.

MakeMyTrip Care

Resolved balance drop from my account but ticket not received

Hello sir, Myself Pooja sharma i was trying to book my air ticket from Delhi to Hyderabad but i was not processed but my money was drop from my account. my moneywas deducted from my account so that i will be able to book a new ticket.Pls
inform me as early as possible.My account no is [protected] Sector-30 SBI Bank, Chandigarh.My card no is [protected].Before some time i received a
mail and i got a order no from you service the order no is Order FLT00008614944.My contact number is [protected].

Thanks

• MakeMyTrip's response · Dec 29, 2009

Dear Ms. Sharma:

Regret any inconvenience caused to you. Kindly note this was a failed transaction and the card has not been charged for this booking.

For any clarification, please write to us.

Regards
    Geeta Eral
    Head- Customer Delight

Resolved overcharge by makemytrip

I booked an round-trip air ticket on Nov 11 with booking ID of FLT00007762988. The total charge was Rs4873. At night I was called and told the return flight 9W-2121 was not available. I checked the website again and when the service person called back, I told her to change the return flight to G8-371 (from the flight on Sun night to Mon morning). I remember the quoted price of G8-371 at the time was Rs200-300 cheaper than the 9W-2121. But the billing amount in invoice I received the following day remained Rs4873. I made several requests via hotline and email, but no satisfactory response was received.

All the information I received from [protected]@makemytrip.com look quite illogical, inconsistent and ill-grounded.

1) I received in email titled “MakeMyTrip E-Ticket for Booking ID FLT00007762988” on Nov 11. It shows the charge for departure flight and return flight Rs2333 respectively, but with a total charge of Rs4873. So far I didn’t get an explanation under what account rule Rs2333 + 2333 equals Rs4873. I don’t think this invoice would be regarded valid by any government agency or organization.

2) "At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. With reference to your mail we would like to inform the price for Mumbai to bang lore which was been booked by you was 2333 INR and the ticket is issued in the amount of 2229.
We have process this request to the concerned department to process an amount of 104 INR. We request to please cross check with your bank after 10 working days."

- I received this email on Nov 18 from Prashant.[protected]@makemytrip.com on behalf of [protected]@makemytrip.com. No refund ever happened.

3) At my request, they sent me this new 'correct invoice'.
AIR
S. No. Traveller Name Airline Flight No. Sector Travel Date CL Traveller Type Base Fare Fees and Surcharges Total
1 LEI CHEN SG 344 BLR-BOM 2009-12-05 Adult 1 2591 2592
2 LEI CHEN 9W 2121 BOM-BLR 2009-12-06 W Adult 351 1239 1590
Total : Rs. 4182
Promotional Discount : Rs. 0
Grand Total: Rs. 4182

- Received from Abhinav.[protected]@makemytrip.com on behalf [protected]@makemytrip.com on Nov 24. I don’t mind if they actually charge me of Rs4182 and refund the extra amount.

4) Received shortly another 'correct invoice' after the last email from Abhinav.[protected]@makemytrip.com as below,

Service Tax # AADCM5146RST006
S.No. Pax Name Ticket No. AL Flt. No. Sector Travel Date CL Pax Type Fare Taxes S. Tax Disc. Svc./Mgt.Fee Total
1 LEI CHEN A3NTDN SG 344 BLR/BOM 05Dec2009 Adult 1.00 2, 339.00 0.00 0.00 200.00 2, 592.00
2 LEI CHEN CJVZX3 G8 371 BOM/BLR 07Dec2009 Adult 1.00 2, 228.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 2, 281.00
Total Amount 4, 873.00

- My question remains the same: there are no mathematical equations here. Rs1+Rs2339+Rs200 ≠ Rs2592, Rs1+Rs2228 ≠ Rs2281. Besides, the total amount for departure flight SG344 here(Rs2592) is different from the number in the original invoice(Rs2333). Why? These figures look to me suspiciously manipulated. I sent mails on Nov 24, Nov 25 and Dec 16 for further clarification on these points and was not responded ever since.

5) Below is the last mail I received from customer.[protected]@makemytrip.com on Dec 6.

Thank you for choosing MakeMyTrip.com to book your air tickets. We would appreciate you taking a few moments to give us your feedback regarding your travel on:

Airline : Spicejet
Sector : BLR-BOM
Flight : SG-344
Airline : Jet Konnect
Sector : BOM-BLR
Flight : 9W-2121

They still didn't have a clue which return flight on earth I actually take. Is that the reason why it’s so difficult to figure out the correct billing amount?

I cannot believe these sloppy and self-contradictory messages come from single one company if there be any internal training and control systems in place.

The price difference is trivial. But the indiffernce and arrogance they show really makes my indignant. Simply because this is smal money, they can rightfully put this money into pocket without giving a justified reason to the customer? When issuing or making up invoices, they don't even bother to make it look mathematically correct at least. What can I say?

I will go to file a consumer grievance complaint againt MakeMyTrip on deceitful business, or faking invoice, or simply road robbery.

Please think twice before you book on MakeMyTrip. If you are bold enough to go, make sure you take screen shot for every step during the online transaction, keep all the sent and received emails, and record all the conversations in serivce line, in case you go to a lawsuit against them in future.

• MakeMyTrip's response · Dec 20, 2009

Dear Customer,

With reference to your post and subsequent communication with MakeMyTrip, we hope that you are in receipt of the corrected invoice as requested by you.

We have also initiated the refund process for the amount of Rs. 104, which should reflect in your account within the next 7 business days.

We hope that you give us another opportunity to assist you with your travel bookings in spite of the lapse in customer service in this interaction with us.

• Ku
    kumarklawyer Jan 09, 2012

I have also been overcharged for my trip from Delhi to Pune and back. I wrote an e-mail to the President Mr. Deep Kalra but he may be too busy in replying to the customers' e-mail as follows:
    From: Krishan Kumar [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: January-07-12 1:45 PM
    Cc:
    Subject: RE: URGENT: My ticket from Delhi to Pune: Request for refund of OverCharge of Rs. 2, 467.

“Happy New Year”

I am still waiting for a favourable resolution to this issue of overcharging Rs. 2, 467 for my travel from Delhi to Pune (my flight from Pune to Delhi was cancelled and hence we should be receiving a full refund soon).

Please expedite refund of overcharge of Rs. 2, 467.

Sincerely,
    Krishan Kumar
    M.A. (Econ.), M.Com.
    LL.B., M.B.A., C.P.A.
    47 Starwood Road
    Ottawa, ON, K2G 1Y9 (Canada)
    Phone: (613) 723-9000
    From: Krishan Kumar [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: December-22-11 11:50 AM
    Cc: '[email protected]';
    Subject: URGENT: My return Tickets from Delhi to Pune: Request for refund of OverCharge of Rs. 4, 934.

Dear Mr. Deep Kalra, President of MakeMyTrip.com:

We booked my tickets on line as shown in the attached MS Word and .pdf
    files.

You have charged us Rs. 13, 468 (Booking ID - NF2203213376217) when I could find the fares at your own website
    Rs. 8, 534 as follows:

Review Travel & Fare DetailsHide

You can enter your PAYBACK (i-mint) or My Trip Rewards
    number/Dealcode/Ecoupon in the deals section on this page

Airline/Carrier Fare Type Departure Arrival Stops Duration

MMT Special Refundable Fare Rules New Delhi Sat, 03 Dec | Between
    15:05 - 18:25PuneSat, 03 Dec | Between
    17:10 - 20:30 NonStop 2h 5m

As this is a special fare, we are restricted by the airlines to not show
    airline name and exact flight timings before you make the payment. .

MMT Special Refundable Fare Rules Pune Sun, 04 Dec | Between
    10:20 - 12:50New Delhi Sun, 04 Dec | Between
    12:25 - 14:55 NonStop 2h 5m

As this is a special fare, we are restricted by the airlines to not show
    airline name and exact flight timings before you make the payment.

Flight Base Fare:

1 Adult(s)Rs.6432

Flight Taxes & Fees:

1 Adult(s) Rs. 2102

Discount Rs.

Total Rs. 8534

Travel Insurance Price:(Remove ) InsuranceRs. 111

Therefore, please credit the difference of Rs. 4, 934 to the Bank
    Account over-charged for the tickets with a confirming e-mail to us.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Krishan Kumar
    M.A. (Econ.), M.Com.
    LL.B., M.B.A., C.P.A.
    47 Starwood Road
    Ottawa, ON, K2G 1Y9 (Canada)
    Phone: (613) 723-9000
    <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-Ticket