Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences Logo

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences

Having problems with Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences?

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 27, 2006. The latest review Membership was posted on Jul 14, 2021. The latest complaint decepointment was resolved on May 22, 2010. Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 44 reviews. Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences has resolved 18 complaints.

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences Customer Service Contacts

1800 262 9648 (Mexico)
1866 377 4890 (United States)
1800 681 6958 (Mexico, RCI Exchange Members)
1800 262 9268 (Mexico, Non-Members)
1800 262 8964 (Mexico, Collections)
+52 998 881 4500 (Customer Service)
+52 998 881 8750 (International)
+1 866 760 1842 (USA, Reservations, Members Only)
+1 800 896 1243 (Canada, Reservations, Members Only)
+1 800 926 5140 (USA & Canada, RCI Exchange Members)
+52 998 251 6013 (RCI Exchange Members)
+1 800 494 9173 (USA & Canada, Non-Members)
+1 800 906 4396 (USA & Canada, Collections)
+1 800 961 6024 (USA & Canada, SHARE Referral Program)
+44 800 047 0967 (United Kingdom, SHARE Referral Program)
+52 998 287 4100 (SHARE Referral Program)
Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 10 Lote 13-B, Zona Hotelera
Cancún
Mexico - 77500

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences Customer Service. Initial Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences. Discuss the issues you have had with Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences Complaints & Reviews

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation ExperiencesMembership

We book with them through a share promotion. We had a 90 minute meeting which they have salesperson sale you a membership which is all lies about. They didn't accept a no as an answer I was tired and my youngest son was fussy and tired. My husband and I didn't know anything about what a timeshare was or what kind of contract this was all about. We decided to become members and it was all lies. I am very frustrated right now because its not right that they tell you lies to get you to buy and get your money. There's no way to cancel and it seems frustrating since you are not aware that there's no way to cancel it. I'm super stress and upset of all the money that s going to waste. And for the unprofessional that this people are by getting you to be part of something that's not even worth what you are paying for and are stuck with them no matter what.

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiencessunset world membership

My wife and myself where on our honeymoon in march 2020, just as covid 19 hit. we where give a intense briefing on their product membership, with the promise that we could cancel membership at anytime in the future. SO we gave them $500.00 which they said we could have a week at their hacienda resort in rios cancun, if we canceled. After returning to the USA we decided to cancel this since after months we had not received any information about our membership which they said would be in the mail by the time we got home. We tried several times telling them this and that we wished to cancel. To this date over a year later we have received continuel email threating lawsuits, and billings for more money. We where unaware of the nature of this membership being a rip off as we have now learned after searching. Please advise

Mar 26, 2021

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences — Pura vida lifestyles and sunset world vacation club

I happily signed an agreement in November of 2020 for the following. 2 free 7-day vacations at one of their...

Aug 29, 2019

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences — timeshare scam

I am a single woman in my later years, I have been trying for years to "sell" my time share package to no...

Jan 06, 2019

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences — sunset group / fraud and dishonest

May 27 2018 May 27 2018 I am in the same boat as many who have complained. I stupidly fell for this scam. I...

Sunset Royal Cancun Presentation — timeshare fraud

My family bought the premium cancun vacations and availed the trip to cancun. You will have to pick one hotel...

Cancun

Sunset World Resorts & Vacation Experiences — pesadilla en sunset group

Fui estafado por sunset group, me vendieron con mentiras diciéndome que podría rentar mis semanas, le...

Royal Sunset — Royal sunset timeshare scam

On October 2010 my sisters and I were in Cancun for vacation. We knew that we had to attend a 90 minute...

Sunset Group — Hacienda tres rios timeshare scam

My husband and I bought a lifetime membership with Sunset Group Hacienda Tres Rios, they made us many...

Sunset GroupTimeshare Scam

My wife and I vacationed in Cancun in June, 2014. We were talked into going to a "presentation" with the Sunset Corporation. We ended up purchasing a Timeshare after a pressure sales presentation. (not sure how that happened...) That night I read over the contract and realized we had made a mistake. We called our rep and met with him the next morning to cancel and he told us we had waived our right to the 5 day cancellation period . I knew we had signed a sheet waiving that right as we were promised "extras" if we did. I was upset but thought there was nothing we could do. After the trip I began searching online and found Mexican Timeshare Solutions. I was very skeptical at first but they didn't require any payment upfront so decided we had nothing to lose. They were very professional and had the contract cancelled within five months! We are so relieved and thankful we took a chance on Mexican Timeshare Solutions. They saved us 20, 000.00 dollars!!
      Thank you Mexican Timeshare Solutions.

Sunset Marina Resort in Cancun — Not up-keeping resort to a 3 1/2 stars

Lets start with the only positive at Sunset Marina Resort, their staff & evening entertainment was good...

Sunset Group, Sunset Lagoon, Sunset Resorts — Fraudulent Sales Pitches!!!! Beware

My husband and I visited Cancun in 2008 and were suckered into the purchased of the worst scam ever! Their...

Sunset Harbor ResortReal estate scam

I've purchased timeshare from Sunset Harbor Resort but it seems that they didn't even own it in a first place. Since they've received my money all communication was lost and no further actions were take to secure the deal. I had to fill claim with BBB, hopefully this helps somehow.

Sunset GroupScam

We went on Holiday to Cancun, Mexico on December 2008. We were enjoying our trip, but for our disgrace, we met a man selling day trips. He asked us to go and take a look to the nicest resort called Sunset Beach. After time pushing us to assist to his resort and trying to convince us saying this is just a breakfast, we agreed.

After being introduced to a sales representative called Israel Romero, he showed us the hotel. Then we were taken to Sunset Royal (Another resort from the same company), where a sales team was waiting for us. We were talked through a presentation and we had no intention of signing up, but as they kept talking to us for many hours and giving us alcohol, we were DECEIVED AND LIED TO with many special offers, so we decided to sign their contract,

One day after, we went back to Sunset because we figured out that everything they sold us was not truth. Israel showed us a different package for a lower price with more incredible offers. He said with this new package will have these benefits:

*.-We will have 4 week a year and 2 RCI weeks for 2 years. We were told the maintenance fee was payable every other year but we had 4 weeks a year to use plus the RCI weeks. When we started emailing Sunset they said that we now only 4 weeks every years. This is not what we were promised.

*.- We were told that it would be a fantastic investment for the future and we would never lose our money and they GUARANTEED that. But is untrue too, you can´t even give it back to them or give it away.

*.-We were told that we could split our unit and rent the other side back to them at $500 USD a week or swop it for extra weeks if we split it. We were told this is a normal practice and we just email or ring Sunset and they will do this for us (Now we are being told this is not so and because they lowered the price, they cannot do it).

When we figured out that this is not what we were sold, we started sending emails and making phone calls trying to contact to Jonathan Stoker Senior (Sales Manager) and cancel this contract, since then, he has been ignoring them all.

At this point, we googled Sunset Beach and we found on the internet many complaints by the words "SCAM" and "FRAUD". Please if someone wants to share some information, I will appreciate it.

• Wt
              WTisdale Jun 28, 2013

I'm sorry about that, The Sunset Group, along with Mayan Palace and the Royal Elite timeshare resorts are particularly known for using misleading and fraudulent timeshare sales tactics. Therefore, next time, before you purchase (if you ever do) you need to think carefully how you will use it in your life, and if you have the money to spend; take your time and don´t make any commitments on your first visit. Also, don’t forget to do an internet search on the company, and if the company is legit they will let you come back another day if you wish to make de purchase. This is another forum with more complaints made on these companies:

• Pa
              Patse Sep 12, 2011

tiem shares are the biggest frauds and scams out there; hopefully you didn't get ripped off too much but you will never be able to sell it, you cannot rent it out, and you have not equity invested.

• Or
              Orbiteer Nov 17, 2009

Royal Sunset HotelRefusal to cancel contract and unethical business practices

My husband and I attended the presentation and purchased a timeshare based on the false information that was given. Upon closer examination of our financial situation we decided we couldn't afford this anyways and tried to cancel at the sales office 2 days later. It was Christmas break so we thought we should do it as soon as possible since the contract said we only had 5 days. We were told because we accepted a special price that we has waived our right to cancel. We did not yet know that we were being lied to so accepted that we had made a mistake and thought we would sell it back to them in a year as was indicated as an option whe we signed. It has been almost a year and in that time we have learned that every reason that we bought this for was a total lie. So we told them to cancel our contract according to the cancellation clause and we would accept the loss of the monies we had already paid. After being told via email we could dothis I anticipated no problems. Wrong again. Now they are refusing to cancel our contract even though they get to keep the 10 thousand we've already paid them!!

This company on my opinion is made of extremely charismatic liars.

Even if you want to buy a timeshare there do not buy from the salespeople. You can buy one on eBay for almost nothing, meaning the value of the property definitely doesn't appreciate like they say it does. Also, it is not a tax write-off in canada like they tell you it is.

Avoid them like the plague. We are going to be pursuing this matter furher if anyone else isi I. The same boat I'd like to hear your stories. There is strength in numbers and we may be able to help each other out.

• Ev
                Evita75 Nov 07, 2013

You know what they say: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" My husband and I were scammed in Cancun with a Royal Elite Timeshare last August. They promise you everything and deliver NOTHING! We were sucked in by their promise to get us a balcony for an inside cabin rate. We do alot of cruising and thought-Wow this is really a great deal. However, it turned out to be more of a great rip off since everything they told us was a lie. Fortunately we only joined the club and NOT buy a timeshare. That was enough though. $2, 000 down t he drain. They gave us 4 of those worthless vouchers for Sandos resorts which are also worthless. That HSI exchange is suppose to sell the vouchers for you at at least $500 is also abunch of bull. Please don't fall for anything that has Royal Elite's name on it. I'm in the process of calling the BBB and seeing what they can do. Possibly the attorney General also!!! These are more complaints about this resort:

Sunset Fisherman's Village Timeshare — Scam!

My husband and in-laws got scammed not once, but three times by this timeshare group. We initially purchased...

Sunset Groupdecepointment

Horrible company to deal with >they are all a bunch of liars they just want to take your money to built other resorts and they offer you a lot less than a cheap resort

charlesb12 Dec 11, 2013

I was also scam out of close to 9, 000 CD, which was taken as down payment, back in 2009 and it took until 2011 for PROFECO, a Mexican Government Agency to cancel my contract with Sunset, free of charge. Sunset stil mange to stole our down payment. i under stand what everybody who was scamed by Sunset is going through. I did try to cancel the contract after the second day of signing it. i went back to the office where we signed the contract and talked to the manager in charge at that day. We were told that we could not cancel the contract because we have signed a letter which was written only in spanish and which was the only one of which we did not get any copy of, in which we had given away all our right s to cancel the contract, even thought, the contract stipulated that we could cancel the contract withing 5 days, and literately pushed us out of the office. Intimidation, powerless, desperation and anger staid with me until 2012 when i was able to pay for the money sunset stole from me and my family. Don't let them do that to you, google them before you sign any contract:

Sunset Group - Sunset Lagoon - Royal Sunset Beach And Fishermans Village - Sunset Group Timeshare FrScam fraud and Illegal contracts

While vacationing in Cancun, at the Spa Hotel. I had to attended a promotion for timeshare in the Sunset Group, I was not going to buy anything because I don’t really need a timeshare, BUT the sales person explained to me that they (the Sunset Group) was going to make a great investment that is worth 2500 dollars a year, and that the time share would increase in value by 10% a year at least. That is one heck of an investment! Well, after a long (4-5 hr) promotion, I signed a contract, for the investment purpose. I also had to sign a waiver on the hotel desk, which said I cannot cancel the contract within the 5 day cancellation period.
                They didn’t include that waiver in my contract! They just made me sign it and then never gave me a copy!
                When back from holidays ( before the end of the 5days cancelation ) had serious second thoughts and tried to contact them to cancel anyway, anyhow. I spent days trying to reach somebody to cancel the contract, but NOBODY was able to help me :
                • I contact the sale person FELIX A. HERNANDEZ which keep mentioning that they can't do anything because I signed the waiver. Which by the way is ILLEGAL in Mexico. After this attempt he got very busy not answering me...

• His boss C.P ALFREDO POOT keep trying to lower the price of the timeshare and get me some downgrade that will cost me 10, 000USD!!! Wooo, a timeshare of 34, 000USD is now for 10, 000USD how kind is this man….

• I finally got the VLO officer ADRIANA LECUONA, which was supposed to help with legal stuffs. She just ignored my cancelation and passed me to a Membership service.

• ADRIANA SEGRETO which works for this department was a real axx Hxxx. She kept lowering the price to get me some VIP holidays for 10Years... Of course the refund will be tomorrow. When you ask again, it is next Tuesday or maybe in two weeks…..

They also tried to lies to me about the refund with some scummy refund forms from Rosy Aragon's department. They keep laying on every contact and saying please be patient. LET ME TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE JUST AFTER GAINING TIME SO YOU CAN4T CLAIM YOUR MONEY BACK!
                I'm gonna skip ahead here, to make the story shorter. Let me tell you that all those holidays proposed by these scammers are worthless! Even more, given the maintenance fee and other charges, they will need to pay us to get those contracts! Don't fell on this trap stay away from SUNSET Group. Tell your friends, neighbors’ and family so they can stay sharp on them.

Now I am on dispute with the bank on all my money and I am getting PROFECO and British embassy to hammer them down. With the embassy will start make people, travelling to Mexico, aware at the airport by giving them documents explaining this scam. This will start in London and all UK and Europe eventually.
                I am planning to share all infos inn all webs. Youtube, facebook….
                The following is in youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5h79rKF7sM . Please check and forward it.
                Let's all fight against this thieves.

• Br
                    Brittany Smith Nov 13, 2013

Have you accomplished to get your deposit back? I purchased a Royal Elite timeshare last year and I'm having exactly the same problem, I was trying to get a final resolution working on my own, but I think it's time to file a complaint with PROFECO (The Mexico's Consumer Protection Agency) maybe you should do the same thing. This is a forum with more complaints made on these companies:

• Me
                    Mexican Timeshare Solutions Feb 16, 2011

Dear Timeshare Owners,

We invite you to get to know our services at G&G Mexican Timeshare Solutions. We are a Mexican based company that specializes in cancelling contracts purchased under fraudulent premises. We offer free consultations to anybody interested in our services to discuss the details of their case.

We are empathetic to victimized consumers and we work on a contingency basis; which means no upfront fees, and if we don't achieve results, you don't pay us a cent.

We look forward to helping you in your claim.

Customer Service,

[email protected]

[protected]

www.timesharescam.com

• Uk
                    ukman Nov 27, 2009

That is a scam too. For the beloved users see the following video from TV :

• Ke
                    Kev P Nov 21, 2009

I agree...we need to stop these scams from happening to thousands of people in Mexico! Thank you for posting your video on youtube. I hope that will help to prevent other people from falling for these scams in the future. Unfortunately it was too late for me. I already purchased at Sunset, and had to deal with the long flight of trying to cancel. Eventually, I decided to use a lawyer. The best decision I ever made. I stopped making my payments, I didn´t have to contact the resort anymore, and they totally relieved all the stress involved in this horrible experience. I highly recommend them. Their website is www.timesharescam.com.

Sunset Group-Fisherman's Villagescam, misrepresentation

My husband and I were scammed in 2004. We were guaranteed a great investment/rental income opportunity with great availability. And Yes, the yacht club, Sunset inter-club were also part of the deal. If unhappy or disappointed, we would be bought out with the assistance of their sales dept.
                  We have only been able to book Fisherman's Village once. There has been no other availability that fit our requests. So you can forget about rental income. Tried to do an exchange through Sunset inter-club with no luck.
                  Have asked many questions via email and it appears to me if they don't like the question, you will not get an answer. The fees go up annually not to mention the extra fees for hurricanes and the additional fee every 5 years for maintenance.
                  What sounded like a wonderful thing has turned into a night mare.

I am happy I found this site and extremely depressed that this has happened.
                  If there is anyone out there that has gotten out of the situation, we would love to hear about it.

Thanks
                  KS

• Ph
                      philthid Jan 25, 2015

All they do is lie.
                      In August, my wife went to Mexico for our 25th anniversary via an offer from a promotion company to stay at a resort for a much reduced price if we agreed to a time share presentation. We started our presentation by meeting our sales person, Ana Romero, for breakfast at one of the resorts.
                      Ana was a very pleasant and friendly young lady whose bubbly personality immediately changed when we informed her that we would be glad to take the tour but we were in no way interested in purchasing since we already own 2 time shares. Ana, her demeanor now show disappointment and disgust, went and chatted with who I assume were representatives of the Club Sunset. Upon her return, she said that we had to options; not do the tour which was her preference because she could then get another prospect, but we would have to pay for our stay. The other option was to continue with the tour which was our choice.
                      After touring a couple of their resorts we went to a sales area where the sales pitch began. We, again, informed Ana that we had no intention to buy and the only way we would even consider buying was if they bought our 2 time shares. Ana called over who I assumed was a sales manager named Novelo. He acted as if he would reluctantly purchase our time shares. He got the name of the resorts and the approximate amount we owed and left. When he came back he said Club Sunset would purchase the time shares and if they could not sell them, then they would donate them to a charity for tax benefits. He said he would pay $16000.00 for one of them and $6, 000.00 for the other. I asked how he got how much we owe since we didn’t have the account numbers, and he stated that they work with a company that can get that information. Since we did not have the account numbers and the address to which payments needed to be sent, he said we could send it to them at a later date.
                      There were a lot of pages to be signed and initialed. The Member Purchase Contract had no statements regarding the paying off of our time shares. However, the Membership Verification Form did in 2 separate locations.
                      On page 2 Item 19, “Are trading in any other membership that you own in another resort, as part of this agreement NO, if YES : resort name____________________.” On the blank line we wrote the name of one of our time shares.
                      On page 3, item 25, “Name the reasons why you decided to purchase today.
                      ______________________________________________.” On the blank line we wrote, “AGREEMENT TO PAYOFF MY 2 TIME SHARES.”
                      Over the past 2 weeks, I have sent 3-4 emails to Club Sunset regarding them paying off my time shares and have received no response. Today, I called the customer service number to inquire and the gentleman said that there was no stipulation for Club Sunset to purchase our time shares in the contract. I asserted that it was stipulated on page 2 item 19 and page 3 item 25. He said that item 19 on page 2 was blank, to which I replied that’s impossible because I have the document in front of me and it definitely had my time share written on the line. I then asked about my reason for purchasing which was on page 3. He alluded to the fact that the Membership Verification Form was more like a survey and not a contract even though it was signed by me and my wife and a representative of Club sunset and each item was also initialed by me and my wife.
                      The down payment as stated in the contract was $6650.00, but our credit card was charged $8833.34.
                      I believe my wife and I were defrauded by this company not to mention the fact they were continuously serving me alcohol while trying to persuade me to make the purchase.

• Ro
                      RoseWaissbluth Nov 14, 2013

• Ti
                      Timeshare investigations Apr 07, 2010

The tmeshare industry in Mexico is taking almost a Billion Dollars every year from Americans and Candians. They are taking away their earnest money based on lies and misrepresentation. I have collected evidence to support the claims of thousands of people deceived from this company. Share this info with your general attorney, the Federal Trade Commsision, the Consulate of Canada and USA in Cancún as well as any government agency that you believe might be interested in putting pressure in the Mexican Government to stop these companies from scamming more honest people.

Please visit this website (specially the video section) to know in detail how these companies operate.

Sunset GroupTaken advantage of

It was our first trip to Cancun for myself, a single mom, and 2 daughters. We were approached at the Cancun airport and told if we listened to a 90-minute presentation we would receive huge discounts on various activities. Since it was pouring down rain the following day, we agreed to it, only the presentation ended up lasting several hours. The salesman convinced us what a great deal it was to get in on their timeshare, and that this fabulous offer was only good for that day. We were greatly influenced by the atmosphere, a large group of happy people in a room where every so often you would hear a celebration going on when someone had signed up, champagne corks popping, making you feel like you're in this elite group if you become a member. They made it sound so good. So I agreed, especially since the salesman set up activites for us all week long, free of charge. Then the anxiety set in, that something didn't seem right about this whole thing. But I remembered what the closing lady told us, "We can't cancel you and you can't cancel us." I thought it was a done deal and there was no way out, so, though having very mixed feelings about the whole thing, I didn't say anything, which was a huge mistake because I later found out you CAN cancel if it's within 5 days. After we got back home, when I started checking on the Web, Googling Sunset Group, I was horrified to learn of the many people ripped off by their timeshare scam. I paid over $9, 000 on a Mastercard at the time for something I wouldn't even own, only keep paying on for many years, plus paying an additional maintenance fee. You can get all kinds of great discounts for vacations to Mexico or anywhere else, I've learned, spending thousands less than you would with Sunset. They did cancel my contract, but I will still be paying on this huge amount of money when it could have been used towards my children's college education or to help my elderly mother or many other uses. We never used the timeshare, not even once. I just want to warn others not to fall for this. It was an awful and expensive lesson to learn and it's ruined any desire I have to return to Mexico. Don't be naive like I was because they have no conscience when it comes to taking people's hard-earned money. It's just a business to them.

• De
                        Debycole May 15, 2017

It is always best to hire someone skilled to do so, unfortunately in most cases these companies dedicated to cancel timeshares usually cheat for the second time to their customers since they are vulnerable and desperate. If you are thinking of hiring them you just have to make sure you do not have to make any payment upfront.
                        I found this article that speak precisely about this, you should read it, that might help you to resolve many doubts,

• Gerbina Oct 06, 2015

Sunset group are nothing but crooks - Do not go on the presentations, what they offer you is NOT what you get. TRUST ME!!!
                        My bf and I bought and paid ours off, then took our firsst trip and they RIPPED US OFF!!! Now they are pushing Tres Rios and I'm telling you It's GARBAGE! Walk 1/2 a mile to the pools and beach, they SAY you'll get a nice room with a hot tub. (not a nice tub at that) but if it's anything like our experience, you'll get there and they'll throw you in a cramped studio,

I HAVE told each level of customer service and havee not to date had satisfaction...now the story goes public

• Ri
                        RippedoffbySSG2 Sep 27, 2009

You are not alone. We were ripped off by SSG for $14, 000 in January of 2006. Also paid in full by Mastercard. I beleive that MC are aiding and abetting SSG in ripping people off. File a complaint with Profeco, Mastercard and RCI for starters. SSG are Mexican Mafia that should be punished for the fraud that they are being allowed to commit.

Don't give up the fight, good luck.

• Fr
                        friendlyone Jul 23, 2009

Wow sorry to hear that. Why didn't you explain to them your circumstances? Did you at least try to use your membership? I think you would've changed your mind on cancelling because vacations are necessary. Timeshares are different in that you know what you're getting as opposed to staying at hotels and finding many surprises. I've had my fair share of staying at hotels. Some were good but many which i paid a lot of money for were a rip off. At least with this timeshare i have i've seen the condos and stay in them every single time i go.