Lulu Hypermarket / LuLu Group Internationalmental harassment

A Sep 07, 2019

My name is Anoop Kooteri, Cleveland Clinic Hospital Employee (Mubadala group), former Burjeel Hospital Blood Bank Section Supervisor, Mobile-[protected], Email: [protected]@gmail.com.

I went to Lulu, first floor at Madinat Zayed shopping complex at 6pm on 07/09/2019 to buy some school stuff for my kids. I took the items to billing. Two or three footsteps after the billing, one of the security guys stopped me and asked "Where did I keep the headphone that I took from there?". No greetings, nothing. Just asking this question in front of others as if he already confirmed that I stole something from there!! I was shocked and frustrated by hearing this, was too much humiliated in front of a large group of people. How others who left that time will think about me when they see me next time?!! Don't you have a CCTV to check who took the headphone rather than insulting me in front of many others whom I know and whom I don't know. I haven't even checked any of the headphones. Are you just relying on the COLOUR OF THE POLO!!!
Is this the right way of dealing with customers? A first time experience in the last 17 years of my life in UAE. Suspecting me as a thief, this is not how my parents brought me up, this is not the value that I learned. If I want to buy a headphone, I can buy hundreds.

I went to customer care to return the items that I bought asking for a refund. She said voucher can only be issued, I insisted for a refund as what use in getting a voucher if I don't have any plans to go back to Lulu. So she called her Manager, 2 of them came, I explained everything to them, they apologized and so I took the items with me.
Don't you give any training to all the staff to deal with customers, to resolve the difficult situations etc.
How you deal with these type of staff?
Not sure about the UAE law on mental harassment by humiliating in the public, I will check with legal advisers.

RESOLVED

Aaaaaa

• LuLu Hypermarket's response · Sep 08, 2019

Dear Anoop, we apologize for the inconvenience. This issue has been relayed to the concerned team and we shall get back to you at the soonest. Thank you for your understanding. Respectfully yours, Team LuLu